First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Waukonda »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:18 pm In between these two thefts my house received no intrusions. I attribute this to the fact that I keep the property pretty well illuminated. Nevertheless, I reviewed my security plans.
Good morning all!
Well, Garry, weren't you a little insulted that they thought so little of you that your house was skipped over? :wink: Lighting is a great deterrent.
A couple of years ago, got up one night to let out my barking dog. Normally, this means a deer or two have wandered into the yard and he goes out and "secures" things. This night, there were car thiefs in the area. He had seen someone in our closest neighbors driveway, and chased him away. Another neighbor and two others in the area had their vehicles stolen.
Ike
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Good morning all! Looks like a pleasant fall day here in Canton. Guess I'll get coffeed up and prepare for a full day of college football and Braves baseball on TV. It's a rough life but somebody has got to do it. Ya'll be good out there today. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ike, I do wish it was practical for me to have a dog; first, because I like them but second because they are a wonderful alarm system. Although, as I think of it, I once had a dog who thought everybody, even strangers, were his friends. H would have gladly assisted any burgler happily pointing out the best things to steal.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:51 pm Ike, I do wish it was practical for me to have a dog; first, because I like them but second because they are a wonderful alarm system. Although, as I think of it, I once had a dog who thought everybody, even strangers, were his friends. H would have gladly assisted any burgler happily pointing out the best things to steal.
Garry ,got a chuckle out of that one . Our last Dog was a lover not fighter and was easily detoured by any treat . So not much of a security system . Motion lights now and some Iron on the nightstand is our latest system and seems to be working . Doesn’t hurt that 4 out of 5 of us out here are Veterans or Active Duty . ::nod:: ::nod::
Hope you’re doing well down there Friend ::handshake::
JP
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Quite foggy this morning.
Coffee was good.
Seem to have 31.31 for the week.
Had to get more penny wrappers so that's what's up for a while.
Looking for the magic penny!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Like my signature line says.
Barking has woke me up to see deer, turkeys, and cats in the middle of the night.
The one time she really went to her “stranger Danger” mode was well called for and I had the S@W in hand. It was a friend of a friend that is druggie and a thief. I never went to the door. Found out later he wanted to “borrow” the license plate off my friend’s Harley the was stored in my garage.
Good judge of character.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks,🌡 45 heading up to the 70's.
Critters are all fed and the dishes warshed.
Just got back from a little vacation trip to the Smokies.
Rented a ole cabin and comuned with nature for a week or so. Kinfolk from Texas met us there and we had a fine ole time visiting and catching up, even played a little golf.
I noticed when I got home that the 🧚‍♂️ 🧚‍♀️ hadn't done a lick of work around ole Homer's homestead.
Yawl probably won't believe it but I went to the SMKW store and didn't buy a durn thing.
Good to see some folk posting after a long absence, welcome home have a cup on me.
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Grump01 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 pm
cudgee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:21 am Diner is open for the weekend. Enjoy your first coffee, and sadly i have to warn you we another spammer in our midst. Don't go there or open any of his links. Vermin, and i cannot say it here, but we all know what should happen to vermin. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
How about IDing these Vermins? Not sure I would recognise on my own.
Will do, i am not smart enough to have thought of that. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Boji wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:20 pm Like my signature line says.
Barking has woke me up to see deer, turkeys, and cats in the middle of the night.
The one time she really went to her “stranger Danger” mode was well called for and I had the S@W in hand. It was a friend of a friend that is druggie and a thief. I never went to the door. Found out later he wanted to “borrow” the license plate off my friend’s Harley the was stored in my garage.
Good judge of character.
Druggie's, can't say on a family friendly forum what i think of them. ::censored:: ::cuss::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

So today I (we) had the pleasure to have lunch with 1967redrider (John). He brought along some of his treasures. Thanks for that John!! 🤝 Mary Ann and I had a great time and a most excellent meal. We gotta do it again. Knife people are the best and John is proof!! 👍😎👍
John 🎃
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jmh58 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:41 pm So today I (we) had the pleasure to have lunch with 1967redrider (John). He brought along some of his treasures. Thanks for that John!! 🤝 Mary Ann and I had a great time and a most excellent meal. We gotta do it again. Knife people are the best and John is proof!! 👍😎👍
John 🎃
Glad you all got to get together. ::nod::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

John some of the best people I know I met right here on AAPK. ::handshake::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning, we are open and running, enjoy your first coffee. Been quite here, but cold, so going to have an early night and read a magazine sent to me about some of our old bush legends. Enjoy church those attending, and have a second coffee if you have the time. ::tu::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Not much to report here. Watched Alabama nearly lose to Tennessee. They finally turned it around.
Have to give some credit to TN too.

No clue what I'll do today. I think the wife is going to B'ham to sit with the Aunt in
the hospital. One daughter has been stuck there since thursday night.

Yawl be good . .. ...
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning on this chilly Sunday morning. We have church i a few hours and a church board meeting tonight and that's about it for today. Yesterday's sibling get together couldn't have been nicer and I hate that we don't do that more often. Have a great day._____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', cudgee, Chris and Dave. Where is the crew this morning? Sleeping in after a hard day of college football and playoff baseball, I suppose. ::hmm::
Got the coffee made, Miss Joy is spreading some Black oil sunflower seeds for the ground feeders while the dogs are doing their thing and then she put some cat food in an old deer feeder in the shop for the barn cats. All this works well until it is a rainy morning.
Church in a few hours, spaghetti for dinner, then nap time.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Sunday morning coffee is a molested bummer.
It is barely drinkable.
Don't have a church but pray myself heavily.
Looking for the magic penny!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

philco wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:15 am John some of the best people I know I met right here on AAPK. ::handshake::
👍😁👍
John 🎃
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning after a busy week we slept in a little here . Just getting that first cup down and may need more . Was out climbing around the hills down at hunting land yesterday scoping out the Deer sign. Then sat at one of the stands on west edge and there was plenty of activity.had a bunch of Does and a couple small bucks hanging around. Then they scattered and a nice 10,maybe 11 point came in just before dark . He wasn’t quite big enough to meet our minimum down there so he got a pass . The deer in this area are huge ,and all the land owners in the area are doing the same management and it’s paying off . Was really hard not to shoot last night . Makes it pretty exciting.
Sounds like most are doing well .Other than that don’t know much yet,still trying to get my eyeballs focused .
Catch you all later . Enjoy your Day .
JP
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
We've got Sunday school and Church service in a while, then it's home to lunch
and a long nap. Everyone have a blessed Sunday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Mornin' all, first cup is poured and healthy breakfast food is in the skillet!!
JP, how are those old quads feeling this morning, after climbing around those hills?
Attachments
20211024_072728.jpg
Ike
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Waukonda wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:33 pm Mornin' all, first cup is poured and healthy breakfast food is in the skillet!!
JP, how are those old quads feeling this morning, after climbing around those hills?
They re feeling like tightly wound rubber bands ,good think am still somewhat healthy. Had to stop several times before getting to tree house / stand. What a great view though. When we get together down there this week will try to get some pics .
How’s things going for you ? All settled in your groove yet ? And now for some reason am hungry !!
JP
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Looking out the kitchen window I watched 5 deer in my neighbor's pasture. First I've seen around here. More common about a mile down the road which is a more heavily wooded area.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Ripster wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:51 pm
Waukonda wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:33 pm

How’s things going for you ? All settled in your groove yet ? And now for some reason am hungry !!
In the groove and life is good! The bacon and cheese Danish was good too! ::nod::
Ike
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Good morning all! A pleasant 50 Degrees out there this morning but looks like the leaves are starting to pile up out in the yard. That may acquire some attention after coffee. Hope everyone has a fine day!
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”