First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cudgee

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by cudgee »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:30 am Not quite sure what I am looking at Cudgee, but they look delicious. Thanks.
Grilled cheese on toast with worcestershire sauce. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and Boji. Greetings to those who come in later. It is a too warm 72º here in P'ville with a front coming in tonight.
I'm taking off to the Deli for Men's Breakfast here in a few minutes.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Cudgee trying to feed the multitudes again. Can you also turn water into wine? :wink:

Typical Fall weather here in my little corner of The Great Midwest. Currently 40º headed for a high in the 50's. At least the sun will shine today. Nothing on my agenda. Just waiting on November to roll around so I can buy more knives. ::facepalm:: I got a little carried away in October. I'm so pathetic.

Keep your powder dry.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Friends, it’s still black as the Ace Of Spades out there ,cloudy and above freezing . Taco Tuesday today .
Cudgee that grilled cheese with worchestshire sauce looks good , will have to try that when our boys are here as they really like grilled cheese sandwiches . Besides eating well how’s it going over there for you ? Did you ever get to the Barber ?
Today is supposed to be nice and sunny and warm then down hill the rest of the week . Heard there’s some bad weather floating around. You all be careful if in the path of these rough weather patterns.
This morning will get out to the shop and finish making room to park loader and other equipment in the shop for winter. Got some done yesterday then went and screwed off and didn’t get done . After lunch will head down and jump in with Brother Jeff and go out bow hunting.
Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great day out there . ::tu::
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Weather here about the same, cool with rain coming in tonight. I have to take our little Molly(Springer/Blue healer) in to the vet today for some meds. She has an open sore on her neck that is spreading. She had it back in 2016 and a spray medication took care of it. We have a few little jobs on the neighbors house to get done today and maybe shove a camera down a basement shower drain looking for a broken drain pipe. It that is where water is seeping out into the bedroom next to the bathroom, we'll have a nasty job removing a full shower and installing a new one because there is no other way to get under there to repair it. Have a great Tuesday and be safe.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
Woke up early for some reason this morning. Later I've got to take Cheryl
to a doctor's appointment and then I think back home.
Hope everyone's week got off to a good start. Have a very good day and
be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

FYI Looks like chat room is up and being tested !
JP
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Dark 30 yet The weather speaker says 38 and up in mid 50’s. Rain again tomorrow.
Work today at the pawnshop. Talked with my partner yesterday and she said everybody was needing $$$ like I had Saturday. Maybe get a job?!? Good thing we have been stockpiling cash for the past year and a half.
The last of the seasonal businesses close this week. No more Taco House and several other eateries until spring.
As Halloween approaches we are reminded of the snow and ice storm that paralyzed the area in 1991. Thankfully that won’t happen this year.
The Eastern sky is turning pink and orange, time to get on with the day
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Beautiful morning here in lower Alabama. 58 degrees back up low 80's probably, maybe rain Wednesday night. Been to the men's prayer meeting and now we're having "hot tea" for breakfast. ::disgust:: Miss Joy is studying up for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning and this is day 2 of the prep, no this that and the other for her which included no coffee! ::shrug:: Thank goodness there are some leftovers to get me through the day. ::mdm::
Thinking about the time change in a couple of weeks.
Y'all have a great day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
Coffee was good.
Went and got propane and stopped at DG in Cold Springs.
Found some stuff.
Will likely sell pennies tomorrow.
For now going to do some wheel swapping.
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Afternoon folks, 🌡 50 a daybreak 55 now and still cloudy doubt it get much higher, the guessers sez sunshine but I haven't seen it yet.
Critters are all fed and the dishes warshed.
Two murders of crows showed up this morning, quite a battle ensued.
Want to get out and cut some dead limbs off some trees but may put it off as I'm not kicking to high,ole Arthur is acting up.(arthritis that is) may see what tomorrow brings.
Hope yawl are having a good'un and staying safe. ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:25 am Cudgee trying to feed the multitudes again. Can you also turn water into wine? :wink:

Typical Fall weather here in my little corner of The Great Midwest. Currently 40º headed for a high in the 50's. At least the sun will shine today. Nothing on my agenda. Just waiting on November to roll around so I can buy more knives. ::facepalm:: I got a little carried away in October. I'm so pathetic.

Keep your powder dry.
No, but i can turn wine into you know what. :roll: ::facepalm::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:26 am Morning Friends, it’s still black as the Ace Of Spades out there ,cloudy and above freezing . Taco Tuesday today .
Cudgee that grilled cheese with worchestshire sauce looks good , will have to try that when our boys are here as they really like grilled cheese sandwiches . Besides eating well how’s it going over there for you ? Did you ever get to the Barber ?
Today is supposed to be nice and sunny and warm then down hill the rest of the week . Heard there’s some bad weather floating around. You all be careful if in the path of these rough weather patterns.
This morning will get out to the shop and finish making room to park loader and other equipment in the shop for winter. Got some done yesterday then went and screwed off and didn’t get done . After lunch will head down and jump in with Brother Jeff and go out bow hunting.
Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great day out there . ::tu::
JP, we have most of our restrictions lifted at 6PM Friday evening, we have a unofficial holiday weekend and people are towing boats and caravans already on every road out of town. The whole thing is a bunfight, the clowns in charge have no idea what they are doing and have lost control to some extent. And i will be having a haircut either this morning or tomorrow morning. Hope you are going okay and give my regards to Heidi. ::tu:: ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner open for business, enjoy your first coffee, not much happening here, just been for a walk on a nice Spring Evening. Have another coffee and enjoy your day, has anyone dropped into the chat room? ::tu:: :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, coffee and work. NWS is down so no weather report this morning. :lol:
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Enjoy your evening cudgee. I think I'm going to crawl back in the rack and see if I can get a couple more winks before the sun shows it's shining face.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Up a little bit early, getting ready to take Miss Joy to Panama City for her 8:30 appointment. She's been preparing for this one for several days. :)
Temperature is around 55 this morning, supposed to rain late tonight, maybe. :roll: The weather has been just right for several days, looks like maybe one more mowing with the zero-turn this year. Of course it may warm up and the grass could grow through Thanksgiving, it's done it before.
I'm going to try and sneak a cup of coffee this morning, that hot tea on her menu didn't do much for me yesterday morning. Hopefully we'll be back to normal in a day or so.
Y'all have a wonderful hump day. There you go Chris, beat you to it! ::poke::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all
treefarmer wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:09 amY'all have a wonderful hump day. There you go Chris, beat you to it! ::poke::
Ol' Phil, you're retired. Technically you don't have hump days . . . :lol:

Up a little too early, which is normal. At least I dozed back off after the 2am head call.
Gotta chauffeur the wife to B'ham for her yearly girl-stuff checkup. I'll drop her off
and go peruse one of the local outdoor stores. Usually come out sucking my thumb, though.
Then she wants to go see the aunt who is still in the hospital up there.

Welp, that'll be my day. Yawl get to flogging that camel !
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning.
Cudgee. You hang in there mate and enjoy your Spring like weather .
Chris no hump day for the retired ,that’s a good one and so true . We have 6 Saturdays in a row and then Sunday .
Today is starting out cloudy with rain rolling in . So will be a inside day . Which is just fine as all this bow hunting and walking up and down the hills has me a little tired. Good day for a book and a little nap later .
Have a great day out there and stay safe .
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Pray all goes well for Miss Joy this morning. You guys out East stay safe in that nasty weather. We are having just plane old fashioned cold rain. We have a couple inside jobs to do so rain shouldn't bother the paycheck too much. Have a great Wednesday.____Dave
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

:lol:
Attachments
proxy-image (10).jpeg
David
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:05 am Morning.
Cudgee. You hang in there mate and enjoy your Spring like weather .
Chris no hump day for the retired ,that’s a good one and so true . We have 6 Saturdays in a row and then Sunday .
Today is starting out cloudy with rain rolling in . So will be a inside day . Which is just fine as all this bow hunting and walking up and down the hills has me a little tired. Good day for a book and a little nap later .
Have a great day out there and stay safe .
Was the hunt successful😊
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 41 may make the mid 60's Sun is shining bright. Rain on the way sez Nikki Dee.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
Grass and leaves need attention gonna put my tree triming off a awhile. Didn't get anything done yestiddy. Just didn't feel like my ole self, boss blamed it on the booster shot, arm was pretty sore but all better today.
Hope yawl have a good'un and stay safe out there. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
cudgee wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:23 am Have another coffee and enjoy your day, has anyone dropped into the chat room?
Yes I did once Cudgee, just to see what the talk was and it was mostly folks just testing it out.

Treefarmer, prayers for Miss Joy today. ::pray::

I'm going to help Cheryl do some cleaning around here and then do some writing this afternoon.
Everyone be safe, have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 pm Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
cudgee wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:23 am Have another coffee and enjoy your day, has anyone dropped into the chat room?
Yes I did once Cudgee, just to see what the talk was and it was mostly folks just testing it out.

Treefarmer, prayers for Miss Joy today. ::pray::

I'm going to help Cheryl do some cleaning around here and then do some writing this afternoon.
Everyone be safe, have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :)

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”