Will you take the Covid Vaccine ?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
JackWhite

Re: Will you take the Covid Vaccine ?

Post by JackWhite »

I did one and now I do not feel bad after doing it. Of course, after the vaccine was in me, I felt bad a bit, but that was a headache for one day and a bit of fatigue. So I think that is not worth even worrying about.
PigStikr

Post by PigStikr »

Why take it if it don't work and you still get it....people need to stop all this covid crap and get back to life ....
Never Doubt Your Dawg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Update.
Dads VA doctor is pro booster and when it comes around here we will get a booster shot.
Looking for the magic penny!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I did the J&J one and done shot, no boosters here. They had their chance.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Another example why I'm not getting the shot! My son in Missouri did get the shot months ago and guess what he found out yesterday?
YES he has the Covid virus! :x What ever is in the so called vaccine I'm not putting it in my body... ::td::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:47 pm What ever is in the so called vaccine I'm not putting it in my body... ::td::

Me neither!!

So far everyone that I know of that has actually got Covid are people that have received the vaccine, two of them died :( ::paranoid::
AAPK Janitor
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Last night I got a text from the health department about getting a booster . . . I don't think so. ::huff::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This is an editorial from a 1947, New York newspaper.
Interesting statement from 74 years ago.
Click on the picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Let me tell YOU :oops: ::doh:: :oops: My 88yo parent had the shot a year ago they just had there booster shot two weeks ago guess what BOTH got covert my Mom is in the hospital,my Dad fought it at home..The other end of the spectrum my 12yo granddaughter got her first shot at school one week ago and yesterday was diagnosed with covert 19......who the F--- do you trust ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: :x
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I'm sorry to hear this news guarddogg. There are reports that in the most vaccinated countries, e.g. Israel, the hospital beds are being filled with the vaccinated not the unvaccinated. Further, that the virus is being spread by the vaccinated while those who encountered the virus and have natural immunity are doing fine.
LibertyKeeper

Post by LibertyKeeper »

Took the first two because my son asked me to (he has a terminally ill infant son that I'm around a lot)

Won't take any boosters now that I read about the ineffectiveness overall
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

LibertyKeeper wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:28 pm Took the first two because my son asked me too (he has a terminally ill infant son that I'm around a lot)

Won't take any boosters now that I read about the ineffectiveness overall
...and what AINT they telling us??? ::shrug:: ::facepalm:: ::shrug::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
marinaio61

Post by marinaio61 »

OK, got both Pfizer shots back around May/June last year, at 77 it made some sense based on risk. Since then I've staunchly avoided wearing a mask anywhere, still refuse unless absolutely unavoidable, been shopping at WallyWorld unmasked regularly. I had a Rapid COVID test yesterday to check before the holidays - NEGATIVE for COVID. Am I going to get the booster? - pretty unlikely, they've had their chance to kill me and failed.
LibertyKeeper

Post by LibertyKeeper »

marinaio61 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 pm OK, got both Pfizer shots back around May/June last year, at 77 it made some sense based on risk. Since then I've staunchly avoided wearing a mask anywhere, still refuse unless absolutely unavoidable, been shopping at WallyWorld unmasked regularly. I had a Rapid COVID test yesterday to check before the holidays - NEGATIVE for COVID. Am I going to get the booster? - pretty unlikely, they've had their chance to kill me and failed.
Yep... Same here
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I just got my third Covid immunization. If i do get Covid, i likely will not get as sick as if i had not been immunized and am much less likely to die.
Many viral infections are not fully controlled by immunization and booster shots are needed. The ability of Covid to persist despite wide spread immunization is similar to that of other viruses. Very few immunizations are close to 100% effective.
This is a very nasty, tricky virus. It spreads so easily and many people (Both immunized and not immunized) can carry and spread this virus even though they are not sick at all.
So far USA has had 776,000 Covid deaths. If there had been no immunization this figure would be many times higher.
Your best chance of surviving this virus is to be immunized and avoid indoor places where there are many other people. If you have to be in such a place, wear a well fitting mask and keep your time there as short as possible. Avoid visiting with people who have not been immunized. This is not easy but it won't last forever. It's about protecting others as much as protecting yourself.
The more people who take these precautions, the shorter the duration of this pandemic.
kj
LibertyKeeper

Post by LibertyKeeper »

Between Covid and Brandon... This country is permanently split and beyond repair

The National divorce proceedings should begin soon.... The sooner the better.

"Masks mandatory, don't visit the unvaxed, no jab no job" ...what kind of garbage is that?

That's national division garbage

I will not surrender my liberties
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "I will not surrender my liberties"
The reason for surrendering your liberties is to protect others.
Think of all the Americans who surrendered their liberties to join the military in WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan and did so to help protect the lives of others.
By comparison, getting a vaccination and wearing a mask when around others is far less an imposition than being prepared to give your life.
kj
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:12 pm Quote: "I will not surrender my liberties"
The reason for surrendering your liberties is to protect others.
Think of all the Americans who surrendered their liberties to join the military in WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan and did so to help protect the lives of others.
By comparison, getting a vaccination and wearing a mask when around others is far less an imposition than being prepared to give your life.
kj
Well stated, Roland.

History has shown that those who claim to be all about ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom’ are generally only concerned with their own selfish interests. ::facepalm::

Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
LibertyKeeper

Post by LibertyKeeper »

[/quote]

History has shown that those who claim to be all about ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom’ are generally only concerned with their own selfish interests. ::facepalm::

[/quote]

Wow... Maybe "History has shown" also that those who want to simply insult others are idiots

Or... That you are thr type that would have been one of the Nazi sympathizers turning in the Jews

Take your insults and stuff it where the sun don't shine

At leasr Roland could make a case for his differinf point of view without being insulting

Jim
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

If the govt and "medical experts" would just explain their positions instead of just saying they are right and the rest is "misinformation", I might buy their argument. They (Fauci) said in the beginning, over a year ago that only masks that stop viruses would work and Covid would easily pass through anything else (paper or cloth) including the medical grade ones. Then they promise the shots would keep you from getting the disease or transmitting it to others that has proven to be totally false, or would keep you from getting it worse which also appears to be not true because vaccinated are dying at near the same rate as unvaccinated and many are dying from the actual shot. The trust factor, for me is gone and it will take some honest talk from those pushing bad or partially true information and also getting rich from this, and also appear to have had their dirty hands on this entire situation dealing with how this all started in China 4 or 5 years ago. There are just way too many questions that go unanswered, and they just keep saying trust us. Past tests done on animals on this type of vaccine proved to be a total disaster a few years from the beginning after showing some good results. I'll wait and see and pray the experts I have read on line are wrong, or that the problems the past tests showed that killed all the animals tested within two years, have been worked out and solved this time around. I don't trust our government unless they show their hand and tell me honestly what they are all about.____Dave
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

The whole Covid/vaccine mess is mostly political and money based. Big Pharma is in bed with the politicians.
In regard to who gets Covid and who dies etc, personally I have only known 2 people who had it, neither had the jab. I know no one who had a bad reaction to to the jab.
I suspect many of us have had it and didn’t know it.
Nothing makes any sense.
We all die I just prefer it not be soon. Fight however you choose.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Covid first appeared nearly 2 years ago. It is a new virus and information about transmission, precautions needed, etc. was based on what is known about existing viruses. Since then Covid has shown itself to be different from other viruses and research into how & why it is different is ongoing. As new information about Covid gets discovered, the recommendations change.
The vaccinations seem to be less effective than was first believed but still greatly improve your chances of surviving if you do get Covid. Now a third 'shot' seems necessary for a strong antibody response. This is not really a surprise as other viruses, like those that cause hepatitis are also '3 shot' treatments.
Now there is another major mutation discovered in Africa that might require a new immunization.
Covid is becoming one of the most difficult viral infections to control. We are not out of the woods yet.
kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Boji wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:20 pm The whole Covid/vaccine mess is mostly political and money based. Big Pharma is in bed with the politicians.

We all die I just prefer it not be soon. Fight however you choose.
I'm with you Boji!! ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

From what I've read, this isn't the first covid virus and definitely not the first experiment at this type of vaccine. The last one was supposedly about 5 or 6 years ago, and was an animal study to see if this type of treatment would work, and it proved to be a total failure and was scrapped, of course it depends on who you read and trust. If the govt. and CDC didn't keep trying to shut down any opposing views so we couldn't hear them and then refusing to even discuss the oppositions views, I wouldn't be suspicious of them.____Dave
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

My county here in Michigan even made the recent national news for new cases. And now the say that up to 60% of our white tail deer is positive, but not suspected to transmit to humans. Humm, if it is Mosquitoes where doomed. We got the booster shot the other day, but my son and his wife won't get vaccinated. Although I sit in a lot of meetings.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”