First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’ from the frozen Florida Panhandle! 26 degrees this morning.
Cudgee, would love to have some of y’all’s heat this morning.
Dave, praying Miss Jane will soon be able to get rid of the supplemental oxygen. ::pray:: Also hope your community gets over this round of the China virus, quickly.
Miss Joy will be representing us today at church, I’m still layin’ low, following the “Patient Instructions after Arterial or Venous Access”.
Coffee was extra good on this cold morning.
Y’all have a wonderful Sunday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Morning diners. 26 going to 36; no snow. Off to the northwest, the sky looks dark and foreboding.

Regret all the illness showing up in Dave's area. So much of this suffering is avoidable, but I will bite my tongue and be quiet.

Still haven't been to the garage to take care of my check engine light.

That's about it for today.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

1st Cup.png
1st Cup.png (2.65 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Top of the morning to all of you.
It's a beautiful day, I'm over the virus and I'm getting out of here today. Got church
in a bit and a church by-laws meeting afterwards. This little church was established
in 1894 and I think that's when the current by-laws were written. That's okay but
they need to be updated. Anyway, I hope you all will be safe today and be a blessing
to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

I got the first mug out of the pot but it was not the best by a long shot.
It is approximately 32 outside going to 60 something.
Please God make this end. I hate to hear people are sick.
Looking for the magic penny!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

5 below and sunny currently. A dusting of fresh white overnight. Tomorrow looks to be the warmest day this week. Got an awesome Italian switch yesterday, pictures in the proper thread.
Ended up staying home last night made me a couple of killer Manhattans and slept great.
House looks like a tornado went thru so first thing to do is pick up and put away. Then some cooking.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 24 heading to the low to mid 40's. South wind a little nippy, but feels like a heat wave compared to the 11deg. yestiddy.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed and put away.
Preaching on the tube in a bit.
We've got a lot of covid in our neighborhood also, we lost a couple last week, he on the 13th, she on the 17th, they were in their early 80's , rough on the kids to lose them so close together I reckon, but maybe not so bad for the couple as they won't have to miss their mate of near 60 years. ::shrug:: rip my friends.
Sure nice to see you fine folk are getting better. 🙏
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Morning, FCD!

Sunny and 41* here in the Ozarks with a high shooting way, way up to 46*.
Yeah, I hate to hear all the sickness around here. Prayers and the best wishes everyone gets on the other side of their ailments!
My wife and I have been incredibly lucky. We live way out in the country, we do everything by delivery or pick-up and our county here has only 30,000 total. So it's not like it's Kansas City or St. Louis. We've had to go into a few places, but each one was not very long.
Whippin' up a few dishes and that's about it. I'll be glad when the warmer air comes back. I could use a little sitting outside time!
Y'all have a good Sabbath. Be good, be safe and be careful out there!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open. Hope everyone had a good weekend, i had to relent this afternoon and put the air- con on. Just got too stifling after 6 days of heat and the next 5 days look like being humid as well. Heat never used to worry me, but there must be an age where it just starts to knock you around. Luckily i can get most of my things i need to do early. Have a good day and enjoy your coffee. :)
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

Morning Cudgee , everyone . Always been a fan of heat , air conditioning. Why be uncomfortable if you don’t have to . We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday . Had a nice visit from 2 of the daughters . Snow kept one away . Still a nice day though . No plans for the day so far . Good day all .
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rdubya21 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:15 am Morning Cudgee , everyone . Always been a fan of heat , air conditioning. Why be uncomfortable if you don’t have to . We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday . Had a nice visit from 2 of the daughters . Snow kept one away . Still a nice day though . No plans for the day so far . Good day all .
Can't beat that logic. ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Morning all. Currently 24 going into the 40s with possible showers by evening. We humans are so variable. I thrive in the heat. Don't do well at all in the cold.

The news tells me the president is considering sending thousands of troops to the Ukraine. I guess it's time for another war. Disgusting.

Against my better judgement I watched a Stephen King movie last night. After reading one of his books I vowed not to read another. I have kept that promise. Now I will make the same intention for his movies. The man is a fluent writer but I consider his mind to be seriously warped.'

Better get me some more coffee. Take care.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I'm trying to decide if I should head across the road to the job site today or take another day at home with Jane. She is doing pretty well but I'll probably give it another day. If it wasn't right across the road I wouldn't even consider working today. We got about three inches of snow last night, not enough to push out of the driveway or snowblow. Have a great week and be safe.____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone.
Cudgee,as we get older things sure do change. The cold never used to bother us here ,now over 60 and when it gets 20 below or colder it kicks my butt. Rather have the heat ,even humidity then real cold . And like RW like to be comfy so won’t hesitate to turn on the heat or Air Conditioning.
Grew up in a cold house in winter and hot in Summer so refuse to live that way today .It was Survival back then with a house full of kids .
Not sure how today will pan out . Have another 30 below front coming in today and lasting for good part of the week. So will get all chores done and errands ran today . Mom is down with the flu so no going over there today . Went and visited in laws yesterday and left there with a couple of bags of blue Gill and Crappie filets. Think we’ll have a fish fry one night this week .
Have a great day, stay safe and out of trouble.
JP
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and Boji. Getting a new computer all set up is one of the frustrating tasks I have encountered. I may have alienated all my kids and grands but without them this thing would never have been up and running.
Nothing planned for the day so I'll take it easy, have a nap or two and fondle my knives. :)
It is a comfortable 49º right now and will likely stay in the 50s with some much needed rain during the day.
Hope your Monday is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Diners.
Reading what y'all are saying about the cold weather and the below zero temps makes me feel like a wimp when I'm fussing about 28 degrees. Everything is white with frost again this morning, still on light duty so I'm looking out the window and being thankful for a heat pump that is doing its thing! ::tu::
The bag of filets sounds like a winner, JP!
Glad Miss Jane is still improving.
I hear the coffee maker about to wind up its morning duties. ::tu::
Y'all hang in there with the very cold weather as cudgee is having a heat wave down under. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looks like we ended up with about 4in (??) of snow yesterday.. ::disgust:: I kept at it as I didnt want to shovel/snowblow 6in or so as I wasnt sure what the final tally was gonna be.. ::shrug:: Gotta go shovel Moms stuff a little later.. ::facepalm::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, enjoying a good cup of coffee. Its 29 and the sun is up over the horizon and shining bright. Suppose to make it up to 59 today. From my perch I can see a BNSF auto rack sitting at the depot making a crew change. A few domestic chores today and not much else. Happy trails!
David
MissouriGuerrilla

Good morning, FCD

47* and a some light clouds here in the Ozarks. Looking at the clouds moving on and the sun coming out with a high of 54* and some gusty winds.
Well, bad news on my end. A cousin of my mother died last night and it my my mom pretty hard. She had several health issues along with having Covid. I believe her actual death was her kidneys shut down. That's what was happening when she went into the hospital. Unfortunately, I am three hours away from my mother and she is taking this news alone.
Few dishes on the schedule and that's about it.
Y'all have a great start to your week! Be careful and be safe!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

‘Bout time I got my lazy self up and moving. Today was supposed to be warmish as in mid 20’s. Nope, 15 and going down. and the wind is back. And -15 tonight. Have had light flurries only about an inch of new stuff
Have a few errands that need done so best get going before it gets colder.
Be good humans
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

The weather here is rainy and cool.
Messed up my day at work.
Coffee was fair.
Rather amazed that I have internet.
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 28 with a right chilly wind coming straight up the pike from the Panhandle of Fla. Farmer it be nice of you iff'in you wuz to open up a winder and put a little heat in it before you send it north. Suppose to hit 55 according to the guessers.
It don't get to hot nor to cold for me as long as the electricity and gas don't go out, but I tend to complain about it anyway.
Iff'in it warms up enough I got some limbs that need dragging to the burn pile, but it may wait till it does.
Gonna call my lawnmower man to come get the Badboy and service it up. He always run a special in January and February so he can keep his people working.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

(late) Afternoon Y'all

Came home this morning to the wife laid up with a bad cluster headache.
Not much to do but sleep it off.
Otherwise all is relatively well in my corner of the world . . .
::fc::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

MissouriGuerrilla wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm Good morning, FCD

47* and a some light clouds here in the Ozarks. Looking at the clouds moving on and the sun coming out with a high of 54* and some gusty winds.
Well, bad news on my end. A cousin of my mother died last night and it my my mom pretty hard. She had several health issues along with having Covid. I believe her actual death was her kidneys shut down. That's what was happening when she went into the hospital. Unfortunately, I am three hours away from my mother and she is taking this news alone.
Sorry to hear about your mother, when close family members pass away it can be very upsetting. Take care. ::pray::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:40 pm Morning Everyone.
Cudgee,as we get older things sure do change. The cold never used to bother us here ,now over 60 and when it gets 20 below or colder it kicks my butt. Rather have the heat ,even humidity then real cold . And like RW like to be comfy so won’t hesitate to turn on the heat or Air Conditioning.
Grew up in a cold house in winter and hot in Summer so refuse to live that way today .It was Survival back then with a house full of kids .
Not sure how today will pan out . Have another 30 below front coming in today and lasting for good part of the week. So will get all chores done and errands ran today . Mom is down with the flu so no going over there today . Went and visited in laws yesterday and left there with a couple of bags of blue Gill and Crappie filets. Think we’ll have a fish fry one night this week .
Have a great day, stay safe and out of trouble.
Mate, photos of the fish fry up. Sounds good, hard to beat fresh fish fillets. ::sotb:: ::sotb:: ::sotb:: ::tu::
MissouriGuerrilla

cudgee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:15 pm
MissouriGuerrilla wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm Good morning, FCD

Sorry to hear about your mother, when close family members pass away it can be very upsetting. Take care. ::pray::
Thanks, cudgee.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”