YOUR USER NAME

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Folgore1

Re: YOUR USER NAME

Post by Folgore1 »

my user name goes back about 20 years ago when i seen a vintage 13" picklock with Folgore stamped in a diamond longways on blade of knife so i did little reasearch and found out that Folgore is a Italian word that means " Flash of Lightning " and i thought how cool like when you see a stiletto blade jump out of the handle so fast you cant see it but you get a quick flash of light off of blade its " Folgore" "Flash of lightning" lol , i though it was the coolest name ever put on a stiletto knife so at that point since i sold stiletto knifes what better name to call my company * Folgore Knives* you know flash of lightning knives ie..stiletto knives ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great story
bullitt4001

Post by bullitt4001 »

[youtube][https://youtu.be/FJZ-BHBKyos/youtube]I came of legal driving age at the height of the muscle car era … 1969. A few years later I bought one for myself. A used ‘69 Plymouth Roadrunner.
Boy did I have fun in it. Fast forward about 40 years and it was still in my blood.
In 2008 Ford Motor Company came out with a 2008 mustang that was a tribute car based on the classic movie Bullitt starring Steve McQueen and had arguably the best chase scene ever filmed.
Anywho I bought one. They only made a limited production run of 5000 and each one was numbered. Mine was 4001. Hence my user name Bullitt4001. No .. I stupidly sold it.
But boy did this ol’ man have fun in it … once again. lol
Attachments
59A8D05D-71EA-40E2-9728-0C3C716D0448.jpeg
A fresh Band Aid is mans best friend
Thomasg

Post by Thomasg »

Ramrod wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 pm Just wondering how/why some of you came up with your "name", what they refer to or why you chose it.

Mine, Ramrod, was my grandpas CB handle back in the 70's.

Mark
I just used my first name and added the initial to my last name at the end .lol
bullitt4001

Post by bullitt4001 »

I came of legal driving age at the height of the muscle car era … 1969. A few years later I bought one for myself. A used ‘69 Plymouth Roadrunner.
Boy did I have fun in it. Fast forward about 40 years and it was still in my blood.
In 2008 Ford Motor Company came out with a 2008 mustang that was a tribute car based on the classic movie Bullitt starring Steve McQueen and had arguably the best chase scene ever filmed.
(Watch it from the link below)
Anywho I bought one. They only made a limited production run of 5000 and each one was numbered. Mine was 4001. Hence my user name Bullitt4001. No .. I stupidly sold it.
But boy did this ol’ man have fun in it … once again. lol
https://youtu.be/FJZ-BHBKyos
Attachments
9366B762-E84C-4A25-A6C1-DFBBA4DF6234.jpeg
A fresh Band Aid is mans best friend
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Mine is simply part of the focus of my collection…. ‘made in USA’

Couldn’t fit the rest of the focus in my user name… made in USA… with a patriotic theme
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Well, ::paranoid:: I reckon' my user name don't need to be explained none... when a picture is worth 'bout 1,350 words... or so they say with this here "Biden inflation" going on... ::hmm::
Attachments
DSCF1225.JPG
DSCF1273.JPG
DSCF1706.JPG
DSCF1534.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

T-Dog, I don't know the proper name for this breed but until you tell me otherwise I am going to call him/her a Pointer. Looking sleek, alert, and intelligent this is a lovely dog. Do you hunt with him or does he do his own hunting?
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:45 am T-Dog, I don't know the proper name for this breed but until you tell me otherwise I am going to call him/her a Pointer. Looking sleek, alert, and intelligent this is a lovely dog. Do you hunt with him or does he do his own hunting?
Q.S. you are correct Sir! He is a German Short-hair Pointer (GSP) and he does his own hunting and when I get my lazy butt around to it he leads... or "points" the way for me... :) ... ::handshake:: and thank you for your kind words ::handshake::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

Dullest_knife

Post by Dullest_knife »

I was talking to someone about Dee Browns "Bury My heart at Wounded Knee" when I made this account. Dull Knife was a Northern Cheyenne chief, pretty sure of tribe, and I had our country's decimation of the American Indian on my mind, my name honors him and every other wrongly killed from the Atlantic to Pacific.
Theo

Post by Theo »

Well mine is easy to figure out, My legal name is Theodore, so people call me Theo, Teddy , Teddy Bear but I grew up Ted. But my my dad's favorite baseball player of all time was Ted Williams, he talked about him all the time, and told my mom he wanted a son named Ted...and so it was. I remember growing up my birthday cakes every now and then had HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED, and .328 ... 26....135.... I knew cause he told me every year baseball season started. I was born in 1958 and he hit .326 avg...26 HRs... 135 hits. Wish I could have hit like him...lol.
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Theo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:58 pm Well mine is easy to figure out, My legal name is Theodore, so people call me Theo, Teddy , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED, and .328 ... 26....135.... I knew cause he told me every year baseball season started. I was born in 1958 and he hit .326 avg...26 HRs... 135 hits. Wish I could have hit like him...lol.
Theo, you're hitting about .315 with your AAPK post, ::hmm:: so I reckon you are "in the ballpark" :wink:

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

There are a wide variety of great baseball heroes, Theo. But Ted Williams was something extra special, a giant among the giants.
Theo

Post by Theo »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:23 am
Theo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:58 pm Well mine is easy to figure out, My legal name is Theodore, so people call me Theo, Teddy , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED, and .328 ... 26....135.... I knew cause he told me every year baseball season started. I was born in 1958 and he hit .326 avg...26 HRs... 135 hits. Wish I could have hit like him...lol.
Theo, you're hitting about .315 with your AAPK post, ::hmm:: so I reckon you are "in the ballpark" :wink:
Hell that's pretty good, I appreciate it, Gdog ⚾️⚾️⚾️

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
Theo

Post by Theo »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:14 pm There are a wide variety of great baseball heroes, Theo. But Ted Williams was something extra special, a giant among the giants.
You got that right, Ted Williams, and Mickey Mantle, I do have 3 baseball cards of Williams, 5 or 6 of Mantles left..and my man Cal Ripken Jr... Too many...lol...I love baseball...I have indured alot being a Cubs fan..

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Indeed you have shown remarkable endurance.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Theo wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:28 pm
Quick Steel wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:14 pm There are a wide variety of great baseball heroes, Theo. But Ted Williams was something extra special, a giant among the giants.
You got that right, Ted Williams, and Mickey Mantle, I do have 3 baseball cards of Williams, 5 or 6 of Mantles left..and my man Cal Ripken Jr... Too many...lol...I love baseball...I have indured alot being a Cubs fan..
Yea!!!! Another Cubs fan. I don't feel so lonesome now. And BTW they beat the Mets today. ::ds:: ::ds::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Theo

Post by Theo »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:21 am
Yea!!!! Another Cubs fan. I don't feel so lonesome now. And BTW they beat the Mets today. ::ds:: ::ds::
Hope they can make a run at first place place in the Central. Only a 1 1/2 games out or 3 games out of the wildcard.. but yes I am happy there is another Cubbie fan here also Jerry !! 👍

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Theo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:36 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:21 am
Hope they can make a run at first place place in the Central. Only a 1 1/2 games out or 3 games out of the wildcard.. but yes I am happy there is another Cubbie fan here also Jerry !! 👍
::hmm:: As they say; "misery loves company".... :wink:

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:18 am Well, ::paranoid:: I reckon' my user name don't need to be explained none... when a picture is worth 'bout 1,350 words... or so they say with this here "Biden inflation" going on... ::hmm::
Great dog, great pictures, love that breed even tho have never owned one.
Ike
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Waukonda wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:49 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:18 am Well, ::paranoid:: I reckon' my user name don't need to be explained none... when a picture is worth 'bout 1,350 words... or so they say with this here "Biden inflation" going on... ::hmm::
Great dog, great pictures, love that breed even tho have never owned one.
Thanks! ::handshake:: The 1st GSP I ever met belonged to a buddy and was named ... ::paranoid:: "Ike" ::paranoid:: he was great dog and as I used to say, "I like Ike". They are a real handful with unlimited amounts of energy ::facepalm:: ... but ::paranoid:: .... they are absolutely the most awesome dogs ... IF you are about 18-32 years old .... ::facepalm::
Attachments
DSCF3794.JPG
DSCF3802.JPG
DSCF3803.JPG

Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

Was my cattle brand, backwards K backwards J connected with a quarter circle underneath. So Rocking KJ. Had selected the brand just before I had gotten married my wife’s first name starts with a K and middle name a J. Romantic devil that I am picked that brand. No longer in the cattle business but have used that mark on everything I have made, leather, wood carvings, duck calls , engraving and knives.
C5E64CAD-9FD6-40A2-AB06-A7558A569675.jpeg
You can always get more money, good old knives are hard to find.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

I always had an interest in pocket knives, but could NEVER sharpen them well enough - became very frustrated. When I discovered the Lansky system, it opened up a whole world of renewed interest in knives - that was the single most important development that led to my exponentially expanding knife collecting hobby, thus I thought I'd give credit where credit's due ...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
AtlanticDave

Post by AtlanticDave »

I have enjoyed reading about all these folks with a passion for a thing that is always asked for and few seem to carry.

My wife ran around the house at Christmas time when we were first married and asked every man in my family if they had a pocket knife. The response to her amazement was " sure, what do ya need it for?"

Dave from Atlantic NC (not the beach)
" Well, I think I've done all I wanted to do today" Me
enuf
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by enuf »

I picked mine because I have enuf - matter of fact I have more man than cave. I am starting to purge things, things the kids don't or won't want, we are posting them on Marketplace or ebay or craigslist, depending on what it is. One reason I have gotten into knives is, they are relatively small, at least the theme I have decided to go with and generally inexpensive, compared to what I was collecting, guns and fishing equipment. My plan is to get down to one gun safe and just enough fishing equipment that I will actually use. The knife collecting will be with a purpose, not just randomly buying cool stuff.
Dan - ATA NSSA

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”