SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by Unk »

Beautiful dogs, Ken.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

My old dog Kobi asleep w/ his favorite toy “Cookie Monster”. The alpha dog of my pack Tucker out in the snow. He caught another squirrel today. Wish I had that on video. Two short whistles and he knows there is squirrel out by those trees. Today the squirrel made the mistake of heading for a tree too far away and Tucker out ran it. He shook it too hard and lost it, then it made it to a tree and he nearly jumped high enough to get it again, but not enough. The squirrel got a reprieve today. That ended better for the squirrel this time than last time, last time he killed it. He is amazingly agile and fast.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_2956.jpeg
IMG_2794.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

This guy isn’t mine, but I thought he’d fit right in!
60E484EE-9C71-4215-81D2-9597870E5325.jpeg
This is our Canuck, who has fans and friends worldwide.
Canuck was raised by a human but is now free. He still hangs out with his favourite person, Shawn. He is extremely tame where Shawn is concerned but he usually keeps a healthy distance from most other people. The red band is actually a zip tie and it’s on there for identification.
So, why is Canuck so famous? Well, first, about that knife...
Several years ago, there was a stabbing incident on a Vancouver street during the day. The knife was left on the pavement while the police took photos etc. Then Canuck showed up. Before anyone could stop him, he swooped down, nabbed the knife and flew several blocks before finally dropping it! He had a number of officers in hot pursuit.
Since then, he added to his police harassment ( he harassed them!) by reaching into a police car and stealing the ‘q’ from the onboard computer keyboard. He also like to do dives on people. Unfortunately, he ran afowl ( ;) ) of some fool at a kids soccer game. The guy smacked him with a stick hard enough to knock him out, but after a week at the vets, he was back on the streets.
Canuck lives in the East Van area of Vancouver. It is a fairly rough area. It’s also home to the Pacific National Exhibition, which is kind of like a giant two week long state fair. This year Canuck was declared an official PNE ambassador and received a small cheque for his service which of course was handled by his guardian, Shawn.
Tourists love him and the locals talk about encounters with him. He’s reached real celebrity status around here. Actually, we have one of the biggest crow roosts in Canada here and Vancouver abounds with crows on signs, crows on walls, crows in mosaics at the Skytrain stations, crows everywhere!
Canuck is a family man. Apart from Shawn, his family includes his mate, Cassiar and baby, Junior.
He’s on Facebook and it’s worth a look.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Neat story about the bird zoogirl, sounds like he's quite a character.

I took this picture of one of my dogs not too long ago. My other dog is not nearly as good looking but sweet as can be. I'll have to post a picture of both of them together.
IMG_2306.JPG
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Good looking GSD Paul! ::tu:: How about a picture of the truck too? ::groove::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Wonderful Shepard! Our ‘Best Dog Ever’ was a GSD named King. He was a total sweetie with us, but he earned a steak from the neighbour for running off a burglar.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Nice looking GSD, Paul. Although we have had many sizes, shapes, and breeds of dogs over the years, I have always thought a GSD is what a proper dog is supposed to look like!
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

My neighbor is watching a Silver Lab puppy. Pretty dog. must be running on high octane jet fuel! 7 months old.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

This is not a “pet” but it is animal related. We have been feeding the birds now for a week or so, when the weather turned really cold and the ground was covered in too much ice and snow for the birds to dig through. This sparrow hawk has been trying to catch one of the birds out in the yard for several days. Well today was his day, he caught one and ate it right in front of us. Then flew over near the house and just sat there looking for his next meal to come flying by. The pictures are through the screen window, sorry for the quality.
The last picture is from last summer. We had a pair of Phoebe’s set up a nest on our pool room outdoor light. To my surprise they raised 3 broods in that nest before the summer was over. It only took a little over 2 weeks from hatching to flying away for each brood. Birds are amazing and best enjoyed in their natural setting.
The pictures posted sideways, sorry, I don’t know how to fix it. I think they are straight when you click on them individually.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_5184.jpeg
IMG_5186.jpeg
IMG_3080.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Great pics SSk!

Those pics would be more suited for the Outdoorsman thread ---> https://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_ ... 21&t=28684
But sure glad you shared 'em, no matter where they're posted! ::super_happy::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wow SSK glad you got to witness that. A sharp shinned hawk will use my bird feeder like that on his migration. I've witnessed 2 try and misses and one when he scored and of course my camera was locked in the safe. Glad for you, great experience. And it is a bird feeder. ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

doglegg wrote:Wow SSK glad you got to witness that. A sharp shinned hawk will use my bird feeder like that on his migration. I've witnessed 2 try and misses and one when he scored and of course my camera was locked in the safe. Glad for you, great experience. And it is a bird feeder. ::tu::
I guess he wasn’t satisfied when he came so close to the house. On Sunday I saw him come down and miss, then he ran around a bush trying to capture those that didn’t scatter. Then he flew at ground level over toward the house trying to get one there, which he had no chance of doing. He landed in the branches of a spruce tree and then right away chased after another one and landed at the end of our porch on another bush before flying away. I really thought he would not be a threat since he seemed to have no skills. But he proved me wrong today. It is an amazing sight. I have seen red tail hawks hunt in the ditch and watched them go down and back up w/ a mouse but usually driving and no time to admire. This was pretty cool. I didn’t mean to create a hawk feeder.
SSk
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Good looking GSD Paul! ::tu:: How about a picture of the truck too? ::groove::

Ken
The truck ain't much to look at, just a 93 chevy s10 with faded paint. My first driver still chugging along.

Unk wrote:Nice looking GSD, Paul. Although we have had many sizes, shapes, and breeds of dogs over the years, I have always thought a GSD is what a proper dog is supposed to look like!
I agree! They look very much like wolves, which is why I like gsd's so much. Wolves are the most awesome animal.

SSK there are not many animals that are as neat as birds of prey like eagles, hawks or owls. Neat to see one "at work".
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Almost 2 months and no pets have been shown! ::shrug::
Sitting in our office I just noticed Miss Joy's dog, Flossie was hard at work being a faithful companion. Even though she appears to be asleep, she keeps up with her mistress. If she goes to the kitchen, she follows, to the bedroom, she follows, always in the way but loved! ::nod::
Treefarmer
004.JPG

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

No new pets for me, but here's a photo of mine doing what she does best...
47129219782_cc3f02e1bb_k.jpg
I have no idea why she's sleeping with her paw in the air. ::shrug::

I have sort of adopted this stray who stops by (and occasionally stops IN). He is very docile, which other neighborhood strays take advantage of. My cat has no idea what to make of him but they seem to tolerate each other. He didn't even budge when I took this photo of him a while back sitting on my porch chair...
46148749321_333139dd16_k.jpg
He's had a bum left front leg for a few weeks and it doesn't seem to be improving. I'm going to try safely loading him into a pet carrier and taking him for a long overdue vet visit.
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Tree farmer & Tony...thanks for getting some new pet pics up. Makes me want a nap,now. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

I interrupted his bath! The pillows and bed are stripped because somebody heaved a fur ball onto the quilt in the middle of the night. Bleach! ::barf::
87C3A9F2-ABD7-41CF-A305-C7BB69B411D9.jpeg
Gaffer turned thirteen on Valentines Day. Getting up there a bit. He had a tumour taken out of his neck last year and it hasn’t returned, nor is it likely too. I think he’s on about his eighth life!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

My girl Rudi.
Attachments
IMG_6586.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Rudi's face defines cute. :)
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

My wife and I were eating breakfast last weekend, and we were protected on both the left and the right against being attacked by rogue squirrels.

They were both sitting there on opposite sides of the table with their chins resting on the window sills - lol . Never seen them do that before.
Attachments
Ahter 4-19.jpg
Joshka - 4-19.jpg
Mike

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Looked after a friend's dog for a week. Has a gentle nature. Regularly about 3 A.M. he would climb and curl up onto my fairly ample stomach to continue his sleep.
P1030171 (2).JPG
P1030170 (2).JPG
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Unk wrote:My wife and I were eating breakfast last weekend, and we were protected on both the left and the right against being attacked by rogue squirrels.
They were both sitting there on opposite sides of the table with their chins resting on the window sills - lol . Never seen them do that before.
Your left flank is on full alert (ears up) ...
but your right flank must think it's just a drill !
:lol: :lol:
Bet they'd both snap-to quick though ..... ::tu::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

royal0014 wrote:
Unk wrote:My wife and I were eating breakfast last weekend, and we were protected on both the left and the right against being attacked by rogue squirrels.
::rotflol::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Here's my two girls; Luna (mother) and Ireland (kitten). My girlfriend wanted to get a cat and I told her she needed to find a local job first. She found a job in June and we had the cats by July. Luna had been a stray but delivered 3 boy kittens and Ireland to my girlfriend's hair dresser in late May last year. The rest is history and I enjoy seeing the kitties after a day at work, they are sweet creatures and well loved.
Attachments
IMG_20190305_073949768.jpg
IMG_20190305_073846129.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

royal0014 wrote:
Chris, the German Shepherd is a big dopey baby. He is protective but friendly - unless you approach too fast when we are out walking. The Kangal has floppy ears, but she is definitely the Alpha dog of the two. She does not miss anything.
Mike

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”