SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jlw257

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by jlw257 »

Dixie and Fergus are waiting for their treats after saying their prayers before bedtime
Attachments
BC1501C7-8F58-4A06-9619-FFB0C354F61C.jpeg
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Good looking dog Tom. Devoted bond for sure.

Funny stuff Mark and Larry.

Amazing how pets bring so much joy to us.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I'll be going through every page of this thread in due time. Below is my Chorkie (Chihuahua/Yorkshire terrier mix), Beijing. She's been part of the family for just over two years.
20210214_195332.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

More GREAT pics of pets...good looking K-9's, ya'll.

I never thought I'd be a 'cat' person; however, since my wife is somewhat of a 'cat lady', and her two cats came with the deal, we now have a brood that got way too large, but all lovable.

We have:

Harper
Zella
Jax
Toby (the black monster)
Cassie
Binky
Baby Bryce (I showed him back in January)
Attachments
HARPER
HARPER
ZELLA
ZELLA
JAX
JAX
TOBY - THE BLACK NORWEGIAN FOREST CAT / 14 + LBS
TOBY - THE BLACK NORWEGIAN FOREST CAT / 14 + LBS
CASSIE
CASSIE
BINKY
BINKY
BABY BRYCE - SIX WEEKS
BABY BRYCE - SIX WEEKS
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

LJ, that is quite a pile of cuteness. I would get a cat tomorrow except that my sister is allergic.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:45 am LJ, that is quite a pile of cuteness.
Yes indeed. Bryce reminds me a lot of my Theo, who passed just before I relocated to Michigan.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks, Garry & Dan...I appreciate the thoughts. So sorry for your loss of Theo, Dan. It's always tough to lose one of our fur baby's...they're just like family. Every one of our babies are rescues. To me, they make the best pets.

Binky was found under someone's porch, abandoned by its mother. She had a major eye infection when we go her, but a weeks worth of eye meds cleared that up before she lost her eye. We got her from a co-worker.

Cassie, the Tortie, was found crawling out of a PVC pipe in a drainage ditch. We got her from an acquaintance.

Zella was a feral girl we took in.

Harper and Bryce were born in our backyard.

Jax was part of a crew from a feral cat. The owner couldn't take care of all four she had, so we got Jax & Jinx. We lost Jinx about three months ago to cancer.

Toby was born of a feral cat...just a speck of pepper when we brought him in. Never thought he'd end up as big as he is.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

KLJ77 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:22 pm More GREAT pics of pets...good looking K-9's, ya'll.

I never thought I'd be a 'cat' person; however, since my wife is somewhat of a 'cat lady', and her two cats came with the deal, we now have a brood that got way too large, but all lovable.

We have:

Harper
Zella
Jax
Toby (the black monster)
Cassie
Binky
Baby Bryce (I showed him back in January)
Ken is this a picture of your wife?
Attachments
F40A8D53-A309-45FF-B29A-52EED786B259.png
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Yep Mark...that's her. ::tu:: At one time, we had 9...and I had to say; "THAT'S ENOUGH!"

She loved the picture. ::tu::

Thanks for the humor side of this.
LJ

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:28 pmSo sorry for your loss of Theo, Dan. It's always tough to lose one of our fur baby's...they're just like family.
Yes, it is. February of 2019 was awful for us, as we lost a dog and a cat within three weeks of one another.

We had a litter of kittens in the house back in 2018. This is one of them, Bluegrass.
20180703_054501.jpg
And a recent picture of Bluegrass.
20210309_193907.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Joshka and Ahter enjoying the cool evening.
Attachments
20210411_191147.jpg
20210411_191310.jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Bluegrass is a cutie, Dan. ::nod::
LJ

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

You've got a couple of BIG boys there, Unk. Bet you don't have any issues of anyone jumping over the fence into the yard. :mrgreen:

Thanks for showing us. ::tu::
LJ

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mike, you have a couple of beautifully impressive canines.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Mike, those are two beautiful dogs. Love the big breeds.

Dan, Bluegrass is a pretty cat.

Sadly we lost two cats last month. One was Penny, she came down one day and was acting crazy, she was pushing with her back legs and scooting herself on her belly across the floor. She started shaking and was just checked out. We took her in the next morning and she was put to sleep.
Stella, our outdoor cat, was doing something similar about 2 weeks later. She acted frozen and couldn’t move and unresponsive to stimulus. Took her in and the vet put her down as well.
It’s amazing how that brought back all the pain of 2019 when we lost two dogs that year. This last month has been pretty rough, which is why I haven’t been posting much for awhile now.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:27 pm This last month has been pretty rough, which is why I haven’t been posting much for awhile now.
I empathize with you, as I lost a dog and a cat in February 2019. My sincerest condolences on the loss of your cats. I (and Bluegrass, too, I'm sure) also thank you and LJ for the kind words!
USN 2000-2006
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Mark,

I'm so sorry you had to endure the loss of Stella & Penny within two weeks. I fully understand and know the pain and heartache you've been going through. We lost three of our cats in a four month period, two from cancer and one from kidney failure (age) about four years ago. It NEVER gets easier.
LJ

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Dan and Ken and others that sent me a PM, I appreciate it. The vet thought that Penny had kidney failure as well due to her being almost 13 years old. Stella had a respiratory infection that we treated many times with antibiotics, both oral and shots and she never got over this. She had this for almost 2 years. Pretty sure it was just a coincidence but who knows?
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:51 pm You've got a couple of BIG boys there, Unk. Bet you don't have any issues of anyone jumping over the fence into the yard. :mrgreen:

Thanks for showing us. ::tu::
LJ, I live back in the woods, with a gate on our driveway. Don't have to worry too much about folks jumping over the fence, as there is never anyone back here except friends and family. There are big - they both weigh in at around 130 lbs each. They are pretty protective, but are big babies once they get to know you.

Mark, sorry about the loss of your cats. They really do become family members, and it never gets easier to lose one.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:01 pm Thanks Dan and Ken and others that sent me a PM, I appreciate it. The vet thought that Penny had kidney failure as well due to her being almost 13 years old. Stella had a respiratory infection that we treated many times with antibiotics, both oral and shots and she never got over this. She had this for almost 2 years. Pretty sure it was just a coincidence but who knows?
Sorry for your loss.
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks guys for the condolences. I have to admit I am more of a dog man than a cat man, but they too grow on you when you have them around for such a long time. Loosing a pet is never easy.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

New family member
Attachments
IMG_3074.jpg
IMG_3089.jpg
IMG_3092.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Eustace wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:28 pm New family member
Way Cute!! 🤩🤩
John 🎩
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Very cute kitten!
USN 2000-2006
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Looks like a sweetie pie. Congrats Eustace.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”