SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by Boji »

Had an interesting escapade with my dog yesterday. First off, she is "dog selective", can be aggressive, and is very territorial.
She starts her "stranger danger" barking, I look out and there is a loose dog (boxer) running all over, dragging a leash so my first thought was he got away from somebody walking him.. Don't see anyone up or down the street. Now both dogs are barking, I start to open the door thinking maybe I can catch him and put him in the garage until I figure out where he belongs. My dog bombed past me, out the door, 10 feet & 5 seconds she had him down on his back and yelping. He'd get up and come at her and she'd snarl and bark and off he'd go. He ran up and down the street and back in the yard several times. Mine just kept patrolling the yard, never left my property. Finally a guy came from the campground across the street, was his dog and he couldn't catch it, finally did when he got close enough to step on the leash. I'm figuring, crap, he's gonna accuse me for have an aggressive dog that hurt his dog. Thankfully, no, he actually apologized.

Now, question, if my dog had actually injured the other dog could I be charged? His dog was loose, he had no control over it, mine never left my yard.

add...Not sure if town has a leash law or not. It used to be you had to have your dog under control but it may have changed.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I would think you’d have no problem since your dog never left your property. However when I took a Business Law class and they gave us case study examples, I passed the class by selecting the opposite of what I thought should be the correct answer! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I sometimes doubt whether the rule of law even come into it in this day and age of entitlement, no one taking responsibility for their own actions, always someone else's fault and the judiciary more worried about the perpetrator than the victim. :x :x :x
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

cudgee wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 am I sometimes doubt whether the rule of law even come into it in this day and age of entitlement, no one taking responsibility for their own actions, always someone else's fault and the judiciary more worried about the perpetrator than the victim. :x :x :x
::tu:: Agreed.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

cudgee wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 am I sometimes doubt whether the rule of law even come into it in this day and age of entitlement, no one taking responsibility for their own actions, always someone else's fault and the judiciary more worried about the perpetrator than the victim. :x :x :x
Exactly. I checked the town rules and regulations, can’t be charged for a vicious dog unless it bites a person.
Dogs must be leashed if off owner’s property. That changed a few years ago. But I’m sure I could still be sued for an injured dog. I’m just glad it ended OK.

My dog weighs 60# but looks like 80# and barks sound like 125#. I’d guess the young boxer was about 60# also.
For being 11+ she is fast!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Boji wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:05 am
Exactly. I checked the town rules and regulations, can’t be charged for a vicious dog unless it bites a person.
Dogs must be leashed if off owner’s property. That changed a few years ago. But I’m sure I could still be sued for an injured dog. I’m just glad it ended OK.

My dog weighs 60# but looks like 80# and barks sound like 125#. I’d guess the young boxer was about 60# also.
For being 11+ she is fast!
Sounds like a really good pooch you have there, love to see a photo. ::nod::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

6A35D248-6B4F-4FA2-BD1B-69167E325EE1.jpeg
Here is the attack dog.Shadow. Lab/Norwegian Elkhound cross
Attachments
AE74DBCD-B883-4C0A-87B8-96DFB6A550B0.jpeg
495B06BB-8835-4570-BBA5-8B28EF8F095E.jpeg
370913C8-3AE2-4D9E-AEBE-A786A69117DA.jpeg
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Boji wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:05 am 6A35D248-6B4F-4FA2-BD1B-69167E325EE1.jpeg

Here is the attack dog.
What are ya talkin' about. Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very cute pup, Boji.

We got new living room chairs, Ireland and Luna seem to approve. 😻 They treat the new sofa like it's a jungle gym/napping post.
Attachments
IMG_7109.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:15 pm Very cute pup, Boji.

We got new living room chairs, Ireland and Luna seem to approve. 😻 They treat the new sofa like it's a jungle gym/napping post.
Can’t beat that!! 👍😻😻👍
John 🤠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
TPK

Post by TPK »

::tu:: ::nod:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:15 pm Very cute pup, Boji.

::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

It is with profound sadness to report that Holly has lost her battle with pancreatic disease and she was called home on Monday. She was born during Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and she lived a full and rich life. Our hearts are broken but we know she is in a better place and free from any suffering.

This quote, from A.A. Milne has helped us keep perspective: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

RIP Holly, you will never be forgotten.
Attachments
60E41C4B-A525-4C54-AB42-00ED50EF28AE.jpeg
6A637EB7-998F-403E-837A-F3477880CED2.jpeg
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

bestgear wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:36 pm It is with profound sadness to report that Holly has lost her battle with pancreatic disease and she was called home on Monday. She was born during Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and she lived a full and rich life. Our hearts are broken but we know she is in a better place and free from any suffering.

This quote, from A.A. Milne has helped us keep perspective: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

A very sad time for you, but you have good memories and always will. And a great quote. ::handshake::
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

bestgear wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:36 pm It is with profound sadness to report that Holly has lost her battle with pancreatic disease and she was called home on Monday. She was born during Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and she lived a full and rich life. Our hearts are broken but we know she is in a better place and free from any suffering.

So sorry to read that, Tom. I am sure that she was a great companion and a beautiful dog, inside and out.
Ike
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

RIP Holly. Tom our condolences to you and your family.
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Tom, sorry to hear about your loss.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Condolences. Losing a beloved pet is very tough. It leaves a scar.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That sure is a “ferocious” looking dog ya got there! Lol Are there manny Norwegian Elkhouds in your area? There aren’t many here, they are excellent for treeing squirrels!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Sorry for your loss Tom.
RIP Holly 🙏
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry to read this, Tom. It's like losing a family member, condolences.

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Colonel26 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:27 am

That sure is a “ferocious” looking dog ya got there! Lol Are there manny Norwegian Elkhouds in your area? There aren’t many here, they are excellent for treeing squirrels!
I don’t think there are very many. I had a purebred about 40 years ago and so many of the breed characteristics are present in my mixed breed. Herding, barking, territorial, super protective, double coated, loves snow. Yes, she’ll send a squirrel right up the tree, see it often.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Tom, when we lose a dog it is like losing a piece of ourselves.
I lost 2 labs to pancreatic cancer, one was only 8, the other 10. Virtual hug, and doggie kisses from Shadow
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

So sorry to hear about your loss, Tom.

Father, bless Tom with the comfort of Your peace, for Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Hadn't check this area in a bit , I m Sorry for you loss Tom, my sincere condolences to all that loved her and that she love.
It's with great sorrow that I report the death of my good buddy Sissy or Cissy as the boss spells it. We think she had a pulmonary embolism we were on our way to the animal hospital and she passed before we could get there so we aborted and come home.
Rest in peace sweet girl.
Attachments
20210820_084204.jpg
20210218_144953.jpg
20210218_144951.jpg
20210218_144949.jpg

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”