SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by Steamboat Willie »

The pet thread always brightens my day.

Not sure if I’ve posted this one previously. Larry nodded off while bird watching…
Attachments
2D3D978A-E9EF-464B-86C0-9F0E8C28E3C0.jpeg
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Yes. Garry. No biggie. I knew what they were. A very distinctively marked livestock protection dog. Turkish as as the Akbash.

Nice Sweetwater Willie.
My 18 cat went in walkabout for 6 or so days. Thought she was gone. Came back. A black and white medium hair bag of bones.

Elsa in the foilage and lawn...

Proud, curious, and tough. Sweet and trained.

Jerry
Attachments
20230518_192313.jpg
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Jerry, I do appreciate your tact. But I am fine with being corrected whenever I blunder.

The beautiful Elsa strikes a picture perfect pose.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

......And speaking of Turkish dogs, our Kangal, Ahter, and Rueger cover each others backside while taking a breather.
Attachments
20230519_082247.jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Two great looking animals, Mike.
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

I agree with Steamboat Willie. This thread is a hoot, good for a laugh or a feel good moment rolled into one.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Beautiful dogs Mike, just gorgeous.

I caught both my golden retrievers sitting just like each other and thought it curious. Moki sure sleeps a lot. I guess that comes from growing so fast. Here he is laying in one of our old cat begs. He is getting way too big for this now.
Attachments
IMG_5363.jpeg
IMG_4663.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg
IMG_5367.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Wonderful pups, y'all! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:55 am Wonderful pups, y'all! ::tu::
Love the picture of the tuxedo cat as your avatar. We have a tuxedo cat named Annabelle shown below.
20220612_203308.jpg
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Moki is growing fast. Beautiful dogs and cat.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Coming along great Mike. Good looking dogs.

Moki is growing fast, Mark. Cute pics.

Nice looking cat OC. I have a black and white bag of bones. She's mine but a hunter and very independent.

Me and Bear in the dark (and a beer).

Getting his undercoat raked out
Hair everywhere outside and all over me.

Is what it is. Worth it.

Jerry
Attachments
20230520_212234.jpg
20230520_211650.jpg
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Only thing I like more than Y'all's knives are your pets. ::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Nice picture OC of the tuxedo cat. We had to say good bye to ours last year. He was a rescue cat that we had for about 15 years, don’t know how old he was but he was a character, his name was Jack.

Jerry those are neat pictures of Bear. Our yard, house or wherever we rake looks the same. This time of year I see birds using the bundles of hair as nesting material. Pretty smart of the birds to do that.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Me too Tom!

Thanks Mark. Praying for the tons of birds around here to do the same Brother.
I raked out enough hair to compress into a "dog hair basketball" already. No joke. He is happier and allows me to do it. Almost done. His tail is a rats nest. He fights me a bit on that part of his anatomy. Wrestling and harder play mouthing. I just do what I do and don't react adversely. In other words, easy way or hard way but it's getting done.
It makes me so mad to think Bear missed his first year of puppyhood due to negligent owners. But, we are making up for that now. That ship sailed. Monday will be 6 weeks I have had him, leaps and bounds ahead.
Took him to the feed store yesterday and he was a Rockstar.
Petite young gal asks if he can have a treat, I say yes.
She tells him to sit and he does immediately. Was proud of that, corny as it sounds. Long six weeks but worth every minute.

EDIT: He would be a great MMA fighter as well. Took a running, flying elbow to the jaw early on. As well as non bite drawn blood a few times. POWERFUL! I just march on unfazed best I can. Part of the process as I see it.

Jerry
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

You’re right Jerry it’s all part of the process.
I always wonder about my Girl Scout and what she experienced before we rescued her, but as Caesar Milan says “dogs live in the now”. You do see that some of their past owner’s mistakes have taken a toll on them but they can be rehabilitated with love and patience. Bless you for being that one for Bear.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thank you Mark my friend! Eloquently and intelligently stated. So true. When I think about his past, I just thank God he now has a better chance at a life a dog deserves.
He knew early on that love, trust, patience and respect is here and is a bi-directional experience, for lack of a better description...

I already see the results for both of us. And Elsa too, of course.

Jerry
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

As has been stated by others, reading this thread is restorative for the soul.

Here's a couple of comical pics of the doggos. Rueger is chewing on a "kong" toy, that you can put treats in, and they have to work at it to figure out how to get them out. It is shaped like a pacifier, and makes for some funny pics. Also good for keeping puppies occupied for a few minutes. :lol:
Attachments
1000004309.jpg
1000004308.jpg
Mike

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:38 pm
Love the picture of the tuxedo cat as your avatar. We have a tuxedo cat named Annabelle shown below.
20220612_203308.jpg
I would like to see some more casual pictures of the tuxedo cats, these photos on the thread are a little too "formal" for me... ::hmm::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Unk wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:51 pm As has been stated by others, reading this thread is restorative for the soul.

Here's a couple of comical pics of the doggos. Rueger is chewing on a "kong" toy, that you can put treats in, and they have to work at it to figure out how to get them out. It is shaped like a pacifier, and makes for some funny pics. Also good for keeping puppies occupied for a few minutes. :lol:
Absolutely beautiful looking shepherd. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:38 pm Love the picture of the tuxedo cat as your avatar.
Thank you, OC! ::handshake:: Annabelle is a beautiful little cat. Love the photos of Bear and Unk's canine crew as well!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks Dan.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:03 am
20220612_203308.jpg
I would like to see some more casual pictures of the tuxedo cats, these photos on the thread are a little too "formal" for me... ::hmm::
Let me get this straight, you want to see tuxedo cats in blue jeans? lol
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:08 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:03 am
20220612_203308.jpg
Let me get this straight, you want to see tuxedo cats in blue jeans? lol
Well, ::hmm:: ...Chino & Khaki Pants would be OK as well... ::paranoid::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I could probably get a photo of Bluegrass on a camouflage blanket...
USN 2000-2006
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

cudgee wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:57 am
Unk wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:51 pm
Absolutely beautiful looking shepherd. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Thanks Cudgee
Mike

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”