Pictures of Miscellaneous Stuff & Things

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Pictures of Miscellaneous Stuff & Things

Post by doglegg »

Cool pic Wade. ::nod::
TPK

Post by TPK »

I'm with Floyd↑ :mrgreen: Cool picture Wade! ::tu:: And..., I learned something new! :D
You also caught a nice aquamarine "Orb" on there. ::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:40 am I took this today in the church parking lot. It’s a double sun dog! Rain is a coming.

560BFF54-1C4C-44D0-B74D-B8D2BD46DB03.jpeg
Wade.. Interesting.. Never heard of a sundog.. ::hmm::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TPK wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:38 am I'm with Floyd↑ :mrgreen: Cool picture Wade! ::tu:: And..., I learned something new! :D
The “rainbow” looking thing on rah side is the sundog. The old timers used to say it was a sure sign of rain.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:03 pm
TPK wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:38 am I'm with Floyd↑ :mrgreen: Cool picture Wade! ::tu:: And..., I learned something new! :D
The “rainbow” looking thing on rah side is the sundog. The old timers used to say it was a sure sign of rain.
Cool! I've never seen a sundog or new what they were. Perfect time for a rain dance! ::tu:: :D Did you see the blue Orb straight above the light pole at five till noon? :mrgreen:

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TPK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:20 am
Colonel26 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:03 pm
Cool! I've never seen a sundog or new what they were. Perfect time for a rain dance! ::tu:: :D Did you see the blue Orb straight above the light pole at five till noon? :mrgreen:
I see that now! lol. In think it must have been light reflecting on my camera lens. There were a couple of us out there looking at the sundog and none of us saw a blue orb. Pretty cool though.

FWIW, it’s raining now!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Had to google 'sundog' .... Don't reckon I've ever seen one,
not that I remember ...

Another farmer's tale about rain ... at night, esp. with a full moon,
you may see a 'ring' around the moon. Count the stars inside the ring,
and that's the number of days until rain.
::hmm::

edit ... googled a picture ...
moonring.jpg
moonring.jpg (4 KiB) Viewed 2436 times
[/color]
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..that one I remember!!..... ::tu:: ..........
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I think the double sun dog is actually a full circle rainbow. we just cannot see it all.

Need to connect the dots. ::tu::

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

For a few weeks we found something had scratched around in some of Miss Joy's African Violets. We wondered if it was a mouse, about every morning there was potting soil on the floor under the plant stand.
Every morning a small amount of potting soil was on the floor.
Every morning a small amount of potting soil was on the floor.
We would vacuum up the potting soil with a DustBuster and put it back in the pot. Then one day we spotted the culprit, a little green tree frog:
The culprit looks mighty comfortable in his hiding spot.
The culprit looks mighty comfortable in his hiding spot.
Rather than disturb the little guy, she took him and his pot and put them in her greenhouse. We'll soon be moving all the cold sensitive plants to their proper places around the yard. Before we bought the greenhouse, she brought a lot of her more "special" plants indoors for the winter. It was like a miniature zoo with all the lizards, frogs, wasps and other insects moving around in the warmth of the house. The remainder of the plants went into a temporary "greenhouse" each year, using a wooden frame covered with clear plastic located on the south side of the house. It was maybe 10 years ago, we sold some timber and she bought a real greenhouse and I bought the old lifted golf cart. No more temporary greenhouse construction and a lot less walkin'!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm For a few weeks we found something had scratched around in some of Miss Joy's African Violets. We wondered if it was a mouse, about every morning there was potting soil on the floor under the plant stand.004.JPG
We would vacuum up the potting soil with a DustBuster and put it back in the pot. Then one day we spotted the culprit, a little green tree frog:001.JPG
Rather than disturb the little guy, she took him and his pot and put them in her greenhouse. We'll soon be moving all the cold sensitive plants to their proper places around the yard. Before we bought the greenhouse, she brought a lot of her more "special" plants indoors for the winter. It was like a miniature zoo with all the lizards, frogs, wasps and other insects moving around in the warmth of the house. The remainder of the plants went into a temporary "greenhouse" each year, using a wooden frame covered with clear plastic located on the south side of the house. It was maybe 10 years ago, we sold some timber and she bought a real greenhouse and I bought the old lifted golf cart. No more temporary greenhouse construction and a lot less walkin'!
Treefarmer
Life is good!

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm For a few weeks we found something had scratched around in some of Miss Joy's African Violets. We wondered if it was a mouse, about every morning there was potting soil on the floor under the plant stand.004.JPG
We would vacuum up the potting soil with a DustBuster and put it back in the pot. Then one day we spotted the culprit, a little green tree frog:001.JPG
Treefarmer
That's funny! Great picture, too!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :D
Attachments
Rakia.png
TPK

Post by TPK »

Treefarmer

Do all treefarmers keep tree frogs as pets? ::shrug:: :mrgreen:

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Eustace, that’s as true as anything else you’ll see on CNN. ::uc::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:05 pm Eustace, that’s as true as anything else you’ll see on CNN. ::uc::

Ken
Ken, this, of course, is a joke, fake. But, there may be something true
Attachments
Coronavirus-Europe-map-picture-latest-news-coronavirus-2335272.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Tom, I suppose most tree farmers have little green tree frogs somewhere on their property however it's not an exclusive group of owners. Those little critters are everywhere, especially in the warmer months. Y'all probably had some when you lived in Florida. They love to get on the sliding glass doors at night and catch insects that are attracted to the inside lights or around a porch light.
Treefarmer

TPK

Post by TPK »

treefarmer wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:34 pm Tom, I suppose most tree farmers have little green tree frogs somewhere on their property however it's not an exclusive group of owners. Those little critters are everywhere, especially in the warmer months. Y'all probably had some when you lived in Florida. They love to get on the sliding glass doors at night and catch insects that are attracted to the inside lights or around a porch light.
Treefarmer
Yes, I remember them. ::tu:: :D I really liked the green lizards, skinks & geckos! Beautiful critters! Very cool to watch them! ::tu:: :D I really liked Florida. Except for the hurricanes & fire ants. ::disgust::

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Three new boarders here at El Ranco Pobre. Momma and twin boys came to live here today.
D29B5DA3-8F70-461D-A994-1CF97964A8B0.jpeg
5D4DF1E3-ABDE-4793-9429-FD0915B7C309.jpeg
4434ECE3-D634-443C-B8BD-98D18E46A0E1.jpeg
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A fine-looking family Colonel.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Is Cabrito on the menu at El Rancho Pobre? ::shrug::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

You’ll have fun with those Wade. Entertaining and comical animals. I’ve had Nubians and Boers - the Nubians were pets when my boys were about the ages of yours. The Boers were meat goats. At one time we had over 30 of them. Great brush clearers too! :lol: Watch out for coyotes, bobcats and similar predators though - they like cabrito!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

We have a couple of Great Pyrenees that live with the goats for coyote work.

I hope y’all keep cabrito on the menu, these are destined for the sale barn. The brush clearers have to pay their way!
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Goats are interesting critters and Wade those little ones sure are cute.
Miss Joy's dad bought a herd of goats when he bought the piece of property where he built his log house back in the late 1940's. The goats did exactly what you mentioned, brush clearers and then became cabrito. :)
Treefarmer

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:43 pm Goats are interesting critters and Wade those little ones sure are cute.
Miss Joy's dad bought a herd of goats when he bought the piece of property where he built his log house back in the late 1940's. The goats did exactly what you mentioned, brush clearers and then became cabrito. :)
Treefarmer
When my Pa needed a fence row cleaners out, he’d get a goat and tie him up next to the fence row. Every couple of days he’s move the goat a little farther down the line. It worked well.
And I like goat on the grill too!

This ol girl ain’t no dainty little thing either. I think she weighed about 116 lbs. Not bad for a crossbred momma that just kidded. She’s a big ol girl!

When I was describing her to my wife on the phone I said, “she’s got short stocky legs, big body, and a fat butt.”

My wife said, “who does that remind you of?”

I knew better than to take that bait! :mrgreen:
Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”