Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cody6268

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by cody6268 »

bestgear wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:37 am If you have bugs, flies, spiders, roaches and more then you need a Bug-A-Salt ….. it’s the most fun you’ll have fully clothed! Out of the box I’m 11 for 11. It uses about 30 grains of salt/shot and 80 shots without refilling. No batteries and deadly!
I am going to pick one of those up next time I'm at Lowe's. Been looking at getting one since they first came out with the things years ago; and Sam's was selling them as a Christmas seasonal item.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Colonel26 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:31 pm Y’all are showing some awful nice hand guns here, wow!

TF that Winchester is fine!

Boji, Marlin chambered their 1894 in 32 H&R Mag. They’re hard to find but one sure would be welcomed here! All of us old Marlin fans wish to heaven that they’d put one out in 327 mag.
Henry makes a .327 Fed Mag but it is about $900.
Considering that Ruger bought Marlin out of the Remington bankruptcy there is a decent chance that a Marlin .327 could happen.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Boji wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:05 am
Colonel26 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:31 pm Y’all are showing some awful nice hand guns here, wow!

TF that Winchester is fine!

Boji, Marlin chambered their 1894 in 32 H&R Mag. They’re hard to find but one sure would be welcomed here! All of us old Marlin fans wish to heaven that they’d put one out in 327 mag.
Henry makes a .327 Fed Mag but it is about $900.
Considering that Ruger bought Marlin out of the Remington bankruptcy there is a decent chance that a Marlin .327 could happen.
Possibly. But alas, real Marlins have been gone for a long time. What Remington did to them was a travesty. It’ll be interesting to see what Ruger does with them.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I can attest to that, having one of the Remington made Marlin 1894 44 mags. Right out of the box new it had the "Marlin jam". It went back to the factory prepaid by Remington and they fixed it and now it works decent. At least I got mine back before the bankruptcy, some people lost guns and/or money with stuff being in their shop at that time. Yes it will be interesting to see what Ruger does with it. I would trade my Rem built one off, but it probably isn't worth anything and there isn't much available to replace it. I have been looking for a Henry, but no luck so far.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

I have a older marlin in 44mag. Great gun. I purchased this Henry about 5 years ago in 45 colt. I really like the Henry. I also have a Henry lever in 22 long rifle. I purchased about 19 years ago. I was shooting it this week and had ejection problems. Called Henry trying to see about parts. Henry said send it back for warranty repair. Can you believe warranty on a 19 year old rifle. In my book you can't beat Henry. ::tu::
henry 45 long colt.jpg
henry 45 long colt.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

A few builds I enjoyed.
Attachments
2C38264D-5AF5-4E39-8F2A-B3C71177B0C7.jpeg
CE4D799B-29E9-4D09-9BD6-F797962337E2.jpeg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are sweet! ::ds:: What calibers do you have there?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

5.56 NATO except for the one 7.62x51 NATO.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Open Range-19 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:18 pm 5.56 NATO except for the one 7.62x51 NATO.
Very cool! I built one in 5.56 and enjoyed it. A buddy of mine calls them “grown man legos”. ROFL.

I have another lower to build but the parts and kits are through the roof right now. I’m thinking eventually 300 blackout.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

Thanks gents,
The .300 Blackout is a good one.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Nev52 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:11 pm I have a older marlin in 44mag. Great gun. I purchased this Henry about 5 years ago in 45 colt. I really like the Henry. I also have a Henry lever in 22 long rifle. I purchased about 19 years ago. I was shooting it this week and had ejection problems. Called Henry trying to see about parts. Henry said send it back for warranty repair. Can you believe warranty on a 19 year old rifle. In my book you can't beat Henry. ::tu:: henry 45 long colt.jpg
That is good service, you rarely find that kind of service in this day and age. And a beautiful photo of your gun. ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Open Range-19 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:30 pm Thanks gents,

My shooting bud built his own 300 Blackout. When we were target shooting, it was punching holes in the metal target frame like it was a tin can.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Here my friends is a list of proposed bills that were killed in committee, in other words not logical enough to be presented on the Florida House or Senate floors during the last session.
https://mail.yahoo.com/b/folders/1/mess ... e&offset=0
I can imagine what takes place in more liberal states concerning our 2nd Amendment rights.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:50 pm

My shooting bud built his own 300 Blackout. When we were target shooting, it was punching holes in the metal target frame like it was a tin can.
A friend at church built one for his daughter to deer hunt with. The loads they’re using are pretty similar to 30-30 ballistics which is plenty in the areas I hunt. I think it would be right fun.
Robert E. Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Colonel26 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:13 pm
1967redrider wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:50 pm

A friend at church built one for his daughter to deer hunt with. The loads they’re using are pretty similar to 30-30 ballistics which is plenty in the areas I hunt. I think it would be right fun.

My bud did a video of me shooting it, I was having a lot of fun. 😉👍

Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Shooting range trip with grandson today. Sig P210. S&W 625 45acp revolver, S&W 66, the 1911 is a 22lr licensed Colt, made by Walther. the old Smith is an M&P mfg in 1911. 110 years old and shoots as good as ever.
unnamed (3).jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Boji wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:17 am the old Smith is an M&P mfg in 1911. 110 years old and shoots as good as ever.
I enjoy carrying old knives on occasion, and I love seeing an old truck being driven. The same holds true for a 110-year-old gun that still sees range time.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Boji wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:17 am Shooting range trip with grandson today. Sig P210. S&W 625 45acp revolver, S&W 66, the 1911 is a 22lr licensed Colt, made by Walther. the old Smith is an M&P mfg in 1911. 110 years old and shoots as good as ever.unnamed (3).jpg
Nice bunch of firearms!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Thanks for the comments!

Just saw this fine piece, I want! Won't happen tho. Bet it would be a hoot to shoot
FN Bullpup 5.7x28 rifle
https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-ps90-standard/
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Boji wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm Just saw this fine piece, I want! Won't happen tho. Bet it would be a hoot to shoot
Probably would. However, I've never been much of a rifleman (in part because I'm a cross-eyed shooter).
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Samb

Post by Samb »

Boji wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm Thanks for the comments!

Just saw this fine piece, I want! Won't happen tho. Bet it would be a hoot to shoot
FN Bullpup 5.7x28 rifle
https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-ps90-standard/
Especially if it's full auto!
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Texas Gun Laws for 2021, from U.S. LawShield at https://www.uslawshield.com/potential-t ... ppressors/

I attended a class last night on the new Texas gun laws and to be honest most folks are confused right now
including me and the instructor we had. So the link I provided above will give you a short brief on the new
laws that will be effective September 1, 2021.
As I see it there will not be a lot of change in the laws for those of us with a LTC. Here are some of the changes
I see from the class and the link:

HB 1927 – Firearm Carry Act of 2021 allows the “permitless carrying” of a handgun for any individual who is 21
or older and meets all the federal and state requirements on who can or can not own a firearm.

Under the current law, Texans must pass a safety course and background check to get a license to carry. The new
permitless carry law will strip that requirement. The bill also directs the Texas Department of Public Safety to
create a free, online gun safety course, but training is no longer required to carry a handgun.

The law does not change background check requirements while purchasing a gun. Firearm purchases through
licensed gun dealers still require a background check unless the buyer has a license to carry. Gun purchases
through private sellers do not require a background check. A background check currently is required to obtain
a license to carry a handgun, meaning that after Sept. 1, a background check no longer will be required to obtain
and carry a handgun.

House Bill (HB) 2112 and Senate Bill (SB) 550, removes the specific language in state code that handguns must
be worn in a “shoulder or belt” holster, allowing individuals to utilize any type of holster. This means that visible
handguns carried in drop-leg holsters, ankle holsters, pilot rigs, dash-mounted holsters, and any other appropriate
holsters will be legal.

HB 1407 – Vehicle Carry. The law will specifically allow a person to carry a holstered handgun on either their
person or anywhere else inside the passenger compartment of the motor vehicle.

There will be new signs that businesses can choose to display such as the new 30.05 which will prohibit non-licensed
individuals but will not apply to LTC holders. If a 30.06 or 30.07 sign is displayed that will affect everyone. The Texas
“Blue Signs” have been repealed. These signs simply stated that the unlicensed possession of a weapon on the premises
is a felony.

I'm sure there will be many discussions, articles, arguments and more classes on the new laws before and after September 1st.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I’m glad to see that some of y’all’s restrictions are being repealed, and I trust the murky parts will be cleared up soon. I was amazed a few years ago when I learned just how restrictive the gun laws were in Texas as compared to here. I guess all those westerns I watched as a kid warped me about “the west”.
Robert E. Lee
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

David, just curious, is it legal to carry switchblades/autos?
When Iowa went Constitutional Carry it included them in part because the previous permit was Permit to Carry Weapons.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Boji wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:17 pm David, just curious, is it legal to carry switchblades/autos?
When Iowa went Constitutional Carry it included them in part because the previous permit was Permit to Carry Weapons.
Boji I can strap on my sword and walk down main street with it and I'm perfectly legal. In 2017 we have removed all of the “illegal knives” in Texas law, allowing Texans the right to carry a Bowie knife, dagger and virtually any other type of knife.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”