Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by dlr110 »

Boji wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:50 am
dlr110 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:42 am Cudgee the Liberal press is already predicting Armageddon.
Same here. They’ll get over it. Has LE had any public statements about it?
Nothing that I know of and can quote.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Anyone have one of these?
Attachments
17 (2).jpg
AAPK Janitor
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Not me. Cool but I bet if you pointed it at a cop there would be real bullets headed your way.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Boji wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:11 pm Not me. Cool but I bet if you pointed it at a cop there would be real bullets headed your way.
::nod::
Yes Ma'am!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Very cool Dimitri - any blank gun today I’m sure has an orange tip unless it’s a movie prop ::facepalm::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Boji wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:50 am
dlr110 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:42 am Cudgee the Liberal press is already predicting Armageddon.
Same here. They’ll get over it. Has LE had any public statements about it?
LE expressed a number of concerns with the original version of the bill as written when it was submitted to the legislature by the State Representatives and Senators who wrote the legislation. By the time the “sausage” was made and the bill passed the concerns expressed by LE were satisfied. When all was said and done, for the most part LE organizations and individuals were supportive of the bill. Of course there are always a few…………

And the liberal press can be counted on to give them plenty of amplification, even if they have to interview hundreds to find the one.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Slight change of topic.....
How open and sharing are you regarding your ownership of firearms, hunting, and shooting sports?
This has has been a recent topic of a gun forum I'm active on.
I know many, myself included, have shared pictures and experiences here. Do you have NRA stickers on your pickup trucks? Do you wear tshirts that say Smith & Wesson or Ruger? Or 2nd Amendment rights? Do those things make you a target for "bad things"? Opinions will vary.

Myself, Locally and here I have always been open and sharing regarding my gun ownership and shooting activities. Considering I've been a firearms dealer for 30 years there is no sense in hiding it. I try to promote ownership and the shooting sports to women by being an example of that. My business FB page promotes firearms(as much as they allow!), conceal carry classes and 2nd Amendment rights. My personal page has no mention. I know any miscant online can find my business address, phone # and my first name and probably more. That is what I have to accept in today's information age.

However, away from my home turf, I become that grey person.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Boji wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm Slight change of topic.....
How open and sharing are you regarding your ownership of firearms, hunting, and shooting sports?
This has has been a recent topic of a gun forum I'm active on.
I know many, myself included, have shared pictures and experiences here. Do you have NRA stickers on your pickup trucks? Do you wear tshirts that say Smith & Wesson or Ruger? Or 2nd Amendment rights? Do those things make you a target for "bad things"? Opinions will vary.

Myself, Locally and here I have always been open and sharing regarding my gun ownership and shooting activities. Considering I've been a firearms dealer for 30 years there is no sense in hiding it. I try to promote ownership and the shooting sports to women by being an example of that. My business FB page promotes firearms(as much as they allow!), conceal carry classes and 2nd Amendment rights. My personal page has no mention. I know any miscant online can find my business address, phone # and my first name and probably more. That is what I have to accept in today's information age.

However, away from my home turf, I become that grey person.
I make no secret about my ownership of firearms and I do encourage those interested to learn and buy. I usually carry concealed but I am not against open carry by responsible folks. If I am asked, I always own up to the fact that I am carrying. At church, I carry a compact 1911 in a holster with my shirt covering it but there is a fairly obvious bulge on my hip.
I don't wear Tees or such promoting gun ownership and I do not have a 'Security by Smith & Wesson' or such type sign near my front door. No bumper stickers of any sort on my vehicles. They just promote keying of painted surfaces.
Hope this is the info you are looking for.

Ray

EDIT: I just read Treefarmer's post and it dawned on me that I failed to mention that I am also a Life Member of the NRA. I try to be careful about to whom I mention the information to about out of town trips and such. I really don't like to file the USPS form required to hold mail but I usually do that.
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Boji,
I've been a NRA Life Member since 1971 and until recently have proudly displayed a Life NRA emblem on my wife's car. My old truck isn't a problem, it's a farm/woods vehicle, however the last car we bought, I decided not to invite what Ray mentioned, "keying", because some ignoramus might want to make a statement because he doesn't understand the 2nd Amendment.
I've also shown several firearms on this forum over the years but am a bit reluctant to be as open as I once was. It is sad to have to change up what we once enjoyed doing more openly but maybe we don't need to show our hand to those that would oppose us politically or do us harm criminally. It seems the display might invite certain people to want to break the law. I had a very dear friend who was so very trusting of man kind and helpful to anyone, he would even change his answering machine message on the land line phone to say, "Sorry we aren't home, we've gone to the mountains and will be back such and such.....". He was never an object of breaking and entering but many things from his out side open-air shop went missing. ::hmm:: I feel this might carry over on the internet.
I too carry concealed at church as do several others in addition to the official security group that has been duly elected by the church, even the pastor carries when in the pulpit. I doubt a lot of members are aware of both the men and women who carry concealed in the church house.
I usually share my deer pictures each year with the forum even though there are some that don't approve of hunting.
Treefarmer

Edit: Reading further comments, I realized I had forgotten to mention NRA and AAPK caps that are worn on occasion. They are rather fancy (town hats) so they don't get the wear that my old camouflage caps or my Stetson gets when I'm working. I get more comments on the AAPK cap, folks want to know what it stands for and most already know what NRA stands for. :)

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Boji wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm How open and sharing are you regarding your ownership of firearms, hunting, and shooting sports?
I've spent much of my life in a state that is very hostile toward firearms and firearms enthusiasts, as well as a few areas where being open about firearms ownership and enthusiasm makes one a target for thieves. Therefore, I'm extremely covert about it. I'll sport my AAPK T-shirt on occasion, but nothing more than that.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I wear NRA and other 2nd Amendment shirts and hats frequently.
I have NRA Endowment Life member decals on all my vehicles.
Matter of fact I just purchased a new Jeep Wrangler on Monday, it has an NRA decal on it .
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:15 pm
Boji wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm How open and sharing are you regarding your ownership of firearms, hunting, and shooting sports?
I've spent much of my life in a state that is very hostile toward firearms and firearms enthusiasts, as well as a few areas where being open about firearms ownership and enthusiasm makes one a target for thieves. Therefore, I'm extremely covert about it. I'll sport my AAPK T-shirt on occasion, but nothing more than that.
Interesting. I figured the local law and culture would come into play.
My state is very firearms friendly and has become more so in the past several years. Locally my area is big on hunting, pheasant, waterfowl, and deer.
And 4 shooting ranges within 20 minutes.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I have a NRA endowment member sticker on my truck. I have a Ruger T shirt I wear from time to time. I have a couple of NRA caps I wear occasionally. I am a member of a couple of online gun forums. The way I look at it, gun ownership is not something I need to be ashamed of or need to hide. I'm an American citizen and it is my right to keep and bear arms and I do. Unlike the fellow Treefarmer mentioned, I don't make a practice of announcing when I'm going to be gone or how long I'm going to be away. If I post vacation pictures or anything of that nature, it's done after I have returned home from my travels.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

philco wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:30 pm I have a NRA endowment member sticker on my truck. I have a Ruger T shirt I wear from time to time. I have a couple of NRA caps I wear occasionally. I am a member of a couple of online gun forums. The way I look at it, gun ownership is not something I need to be ashamed of or need to hide. I'm an American citizen and it is my right to keep and bear arms and I do. Unlike the fellow Treefarmer mentioned, I don't make a practice of announcing when I'm going to be gone or how long I'm going to be away. If I post vacation pictures or anything of that nature, it's done after I have returned home from my travels.
Not posting your where about's or movements online is the modern getting your neighbors to collect your mail, putting out and bringing in your rubbish bins, opening and shutting the blinds, don't advertise your are away.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

My vehicles have no stickers NRA or otherwise, heck, I don't even own a pickup anymore ::shrug::
I do however, wear the t-shirts when working the pawnshop. Today's says "Smith & Wesson American Made"
But I don't wear them when I'm out socially or traveling.
Away from work or the shooting range I'm just a Grannie driving a Mini Cooper or Toyota.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Boji wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:25 pm I figured the local law and culture would come into play.
My state is very firearms friendly and has become more so in the past several years.
I spent most of my life in California. In November of 2016, voters passed a ballot initiative that called for background checks when purchasing ammunition. That's one of the factors that got me to make good on my threat to leave. Six months later, I was out of there.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Thankfully.... I live in Mississippi. Our state is one of the few that has more relaxed gun policies.
I have many gun stickers on my Jeep, (Like most guys do).... Hunting in the fall and winter is a way of life down here.

I wear a NRA tee shirt or a Chris Kyle shirt regularly and feel at home doing it.

My only uneasy spot is announcing ONLINE that I am leaving for any length of time. I don't want the crack heads to know they have an open invitation to TRY to break in and steal.

I do have a heavily armed (and retired) neighbor that watches our house if we are gone. SO, I try not to worry when we leave.

Our previous governor passed a LAW in our state that basically states... "IF any law is enacted from Washington that encroaches on OUR constitutional rights, it WILL NOT be honored in Mississippi".
I don't expect to see biden knocking on any door in Mississippi with his hand out asking for guns.

I think all the lilly livered, panty waisted, gender confused people need to just move over to one of the states where ONLY criminals have guns. Then they can ENJOY what they have ALLOWED the government to create.

I have to stop before I get on a soap box.

:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Samb

Post by Samb »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:41 am Thankfully.... I live in Mississippi. Our state is one of the few that has more relaxed gun policies.
I have many gun stickers on my Jeep, (Like most guys do).... Hunting in the fall and winter is a way of life down here.

I wear a NRA tee shirt or a Chris Kyle shirt regularly and feel at home doing it.

My only uneasy spot is announcing ONLINE that I am leaving for any length of time. I don't want the crack heads to know they have an open invitation to TRY to break in and steal.

I do have a heavily armed (and retired) neighbor that watches our house if we are gone. SO, I try not to worry when we leave.

Our previous governor passed a LAW in our state that basically states... "IF any law is enacted from Washington that encroaches on OUR constitutional rights, it WILL NOT be honored in Mississippi".
I don't expect to see biden knocking on any door in Mississippi with his hand out asking for guns.

I think all the lilly livered, panty waisted, gender confused people need to just move over to one of the states where ONLY criminals have guns. Then they can ENJOY what they have ALLOWED the government to create.

I have to stop before I get on a soap box.

Couldn't agree more!!!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Dan In MI wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:59 am
Boji wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:25 pm I figured the local law and culture would come into play.
My state is very firearms friendly and has become more so in the past several years.
I spent most of my life in California. In November of 2016, voters passed a ballot initiative that called for background checks when purchasing ammunition. That's one of the factors that got me to make good on my threat to leave. Six months later, I was out of there.
My immediate family, 2 older sisters, left the cold Iowa winters many years ago for California. None of them have strong views either way on firearms. But now most of them(the nieces and nephews) are in Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho. Lots of reasons to leave CA.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Samb wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:41 pm Our previous governor passed a LAW in our state that basically states... "IF any law is enacted from Washington that encroaches on OUR constitutional rights, it WILL NOT be honored in Mississippi".
Mike thank the Lord our governor just did the same thing.
House Bill 2622 (Holland/Hall) makes Texas a Second Amendment Sanctuary State by protecting Texans from new federal gun control regulations.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Chapter 1, Penal Code, is amended by adding Section 1.10 to read as follows:
Sec.1.10. AN ENFORCEMENT OF CERTAIN FEDERAL LAWS REGULATING FIREARMS, FIREARM ACCESSORIES, AND FIREARM AMMUNITION.

(a) In this section:
(1) "Firearm" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.01.
(2) "Firearm accessory" means an item that is used in conjunction with or mounted on a firearm but is not essential to the basic function of a firearm. The term includes a detachable firearm magazine.

(b) An agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, and a law enforcement officer or other person employed by an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, may not contract with or in any other manner provide assistance to a federal agency or official with respect to the enforcement of a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation purporting to regulate a firearm, a firearm accessory, or firearm ammunition if the statute, order, rule, or regulation imposes a prohibition, restriction, or other regulation, such as a capacity or size limitation or a registration requirement, that does not exist under the laws of this state.

In other words if it's contrary to Texas law it will not be enforced by the State. I'm sure we will be looking at some Supreme Court battles down the line.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm
In other words if it's contrary to Texas law it will not be enforced by the State. I'm sure we will be looking at some Supreme Court battles down the line.
I know SEVERAL law enforcement officers in our state and they all say pretty much the same thing.....

IF the feds order them to take away our guns... they will refuse.
For one reason more that any other.... self preservation. They ALL realize, they will be met at most front doors by gunfire.
AND, they plan to keep all their guns too..... so, they will be our first line of defense to keep the commies out of Mississippi.

I am glad to know Texas (and I suppose, Louisiana too) will be a PRO - 2nd amendment state for a long time to come. It will be up to my sons to keep their gun rights ( AND STAND UP FOR state's rights) after I am gone.

We have more guns and ammo down here THIS TIME......

Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

It's not just you Southern boys, Iowa is close to declaring. Several counties already have. Some the liberals from the urban areas are fighting it but I believe it will get done. We got Constitutional Carry during this session so it may be next year.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Boji wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:52 pm It's not just you Southern boys, Iowa is close to declaring. Several counties already have. Some the liberals from the urban areas are fighting it but I believe it will get done. We got Constitutional Carry during this session so it may be next year.
MORE POWER TO Y'ALL!!!!

If enough of the citizens of this country speak up AND put the right people in office, we might be able to take our country BACK!!!!

::tu:: ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

My shooting buddy just said CZ bought Colt. Haven't searched to see if this is true yet . . .
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:13 pm My shooting buddy just said CZ bought Colt. Haven't searched to see if this is true yet . . .
True, announced some time ago. Colt will continue to operate under their own name.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”