Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
samb1955

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by samb1955 »

That's it?
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

Thank for the update on the M16

Almost no different from mine except for the select fire.

Camillus ::tu::
mikek

Post by mikek »

That and the extremely dangerous bayonet lug ::dang::
I pay extra for patina
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

mikek wrote:That and the extremely dangerous bayonet lug ::dang::
That's what our government thinks.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Camillus wrote:Thank for the update on the M16

Almost no different from mine except for the select fire.

Camillus ::tu::
The bolt is different and the hammer and trigger are different, lower receiver is milled different for the full auto and there is a sear for full auto other than that it's the same.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Some Sunday therapy
My Henry Frontier .22
20190901_154445.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Steve, now that you've shot that Henry a bit, what do you think about it?

Be sure to run a bore mop or tight patch down the magazine tube every once in a while, you might be surprised at how filthy they can get. Ammo dependent to some extent.
steve99f
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

You are a braver soul...than I. I haven't got the courage to pull mine apart, yet. Encounter any problems getting it back together?
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

It was a great opening weekend, for dove hunting, here in south Texas. Last year, we had heavy rains, virtually every week and ended up getting 5 birds for the entire season. This weekend, I got my limit (15) by 8:15 yesterday and 9:15 today. I picked up this Huglu, 20 years ago, while stationed at Incirlik, Turkey. At $225, I'm not afraid of laying it on the ground, or poking the barrel through brush, in search of a downed bird. I replaced the firing pins once, a few years ago...but this thing takes a beating, hits it's mark and still looks pretty good...for all the use it's gotten. It's been worth every penny.
I've got a much more expensive Winchester Select...that I'm afraid to get dirty and don't use ::facepalm::
It was nice to get a limit...before it got 95 degrees.
hulu.jpg
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

steve99f wrote:Steve, now that you've shot that Henry a bit, what do you think about it?

Be sure to run a bore mop or tight patch down the magazine tube every once in a while, you might be surprised at how filthy they can get. Ammo dependent to some extent.
It's a blast! Takes me back to being a kid in '74, '75. I used to take my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun and shoot for hours. Amazing how much fun it is to work that lever and squeeze the trigger, even if all you're doing is killing paper. Up a notch for elevation and a slight tap to the left on the buckhorn sights and I'm pretty happy with it. Now that the gun is on target, I gotta work on the shooter getting on target! :wink:
Yup, magazine tube gets the same treatment as the bore.
Doc B wrote:You are a braver soul...than I. I haven't got the courage to pull mine apart, yet. Encounter any problems getting it back together?
Super easy: 1 screw to remove the rear stock, 4 screws to get the cover off, bolt slides right out. Gives easy access for the cleaning rod. Goes back together just as easy. I did check out a YouTube video first, truth be known.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Doc B wrote:It was a great opening weekend, for dove hunting, here in south Texas. Last year, we had heavy rains, virtually every week and ended up getting 5 birds for the entire season. This weekend, I got my limit (15) by 8:15 yesterday and 9:15 today. I picked up this Huglu, 20 years ago, while stationed at Incirlik, Turkey. At $225, I'm not afraid of laying it on the ground, or poking the barrel through brush, in search of a downed bird. I replaced the firing pins once, a few years ago...but this thing takes a beating, hits it's mark and still looks pretty good...for all the use it's gotten. It's been worth every penny.
I've got a much more expensive Winchester Select...that I'm afraid to get dirty and don't use ::facepalm::
It was nice to get a limit...before it got 95 degrees.
hulu.jpg
Niiiiiiiice!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Steve Warden wrote:
steve99f wrote:Steve, now that you've shot that Henry a bit, what do you think about it?

It's a blast! Takes me back to being a kid in '74, '75. I used to take my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun and shoot for hours. Amazing how much fun it is to work that lever and squeeze the trigger, even if all you're doing is killing paper. Up a notch for elevation and a slight tap to the left on the buckhorn sights and I'm pretty happy with it. Now that the gun is on target, I gotta work on the shooter getting on target! :wink:
Doc B wrote:You are a braver soul...than I. I haven't got the courage to pull mine apart, yet. Encounter any problems getting it back together?
Super easy: 1 screw to remove the rear stock, 4 screws to get the cover off, bolt slides right out. Gives easy access for the cleaning rod. Goes back together just as easy. I did check out a YouTube video first, truth be known.
Good to know, I'll check out the video and give it a run! ::tu::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Can't help but show off my newest edition just a little bit. Picked it up at the Dripping Springs show this past weekend. 8)

Ray
Attachments
1-IMG_8880.JPG
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Very good find Ray, love it.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Whoa Ray, you got a good one there. Nothing but class and quality. ::tu:: ::tu::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Thank guys. I really appreciate the kind words. I don't believe there has been a round thru this one yet but I'll remedy that before long.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ray that is a purposeful looking, high quality firearm. ::tu::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Very nice Ray. I shot a friend’s Sig 1911 officer size 45 once and it was smooth as butter. I bet your 22 is the same.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

We caught a vandal red footed in the act of vandalizing my barn. I’m glad to report that he is no longer in the vandalizing business thanks to the Shockwave.
5ADF3283-CF4D-462C-8BCB-DC83335F03B8.jpeg
811B1F1B-AC28-4D09-9C0A-F66134BF6298.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Doc B wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:

Good to know, I'll check out the video and give it a run! ::tu::
....love my henry's!!!....love to shoot the .22 carbine, and I REALLY love to shoot my .44-40 original HENRY!!!....... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ................
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Colonel26 wrote:Very nice Ray. I shot a friend’s Sig 1911 officer size 45 once and it was smooth as butter. I bet your 22 is the same.
I have shot that one and I was convinced that it would be punishing to the hand to fire it, considering the reduced size. I couldn't have been more wrong. It is an amazing piece and like you say, smooth as butter.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Paladin wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:Very nice Ray. I shot a friend’s Sig 1911 officer size 45 once and it was smooth as butter. I bet your 22 is the same.
I have shot that one and I was convinced that it would be punishing to the hand to fire it, considering the reduced size. I couldn't have been more wrong. It is an amazing piece and like you say, smooth as butter.

Ray
I don’t have the Sig, but I have a Kimber the same size, and I agree, you’d think they’d be punishing, but they aren’t. Someone much smarter than me figured out how to spring them just right. Easy to tote and easy to shoot!
Robert E. Lee
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Colonel26 wrote:We caught a vandal red footed in the act of vandalizing my barn. I’m glad to report that he is no longer in the vandalizing business thanks to the Shockwave.

Did you let it out of the trap before the boy got to blast it?
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

samb1955 wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:We caught a vandal red footed in the act of vandalizing my barn. I’m glad to report that he is no longer in the vandalizing business thanks to the Shockwave.

Did you let it out of the trap before the boy got to blast it?
I did the blastin’. He opened the cage. And yep, I let him make a run for it, didn’t get far though. But Parker did get to shoot the shockwave.

If you’ve never shot one, forget what you’ve experienced with other types of pistol grip shotguns. This is a different animal all together, very easy to shoot.
Robert E. Lee
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

What is a red footed? :?

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”