Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Dan In MI

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by Dan In MI »

Boji wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:25 pm I figured the local law and culture would come into play.
My state is very firearms friendly and has become more so in the past several years.
I spent most of my life in California. In November of 2016, voters passed a ballot initiative that called for background checks when purchasing ammunition. That's one of the factors that got me to make good on my threat to leave. Six months later, I was out of there.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Thankfully.... I live in Mississippi. Our state is one of the few that has more relaxed gun policies.
I have many gun stickers on my Jeep, (Like most guys do).... Hunting in the fall and winter is a way of life down here.

I wear a NRA tee shirt or a Chris Kyle shirt regularly and feel at home doing it.

My only uneasy spot is announcing ONLINE that I am leaving for any length of time. I don't want the crack heads to know they have an open invitation to TRY to break in and steal.

I do have a heavily armed (and retired) neighbor that watches our house if we are gone. SO, I try not to worry when we leave.

Our previous governor passed a LAW in our state that basically states... "IF any law is enacted from Washington that encroaches on OUR constitutional rights, it WILL NOT be honored in Mississippi".
I don't expect to see biden knocking on any door in Mississippi with his hand out asking for guns.

I think all the lilly livered, panty waisted, gender confused people need to just move over to one of the states where ONLY criminals have guns. Then they can ENJOY what they have ALLOWED the government to create.

I have to stop before I get on a soap box.

:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Samb

Post by Samb »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:41 am Thankfully.... I live in Mississippi. Our state is one of the few that has more relaxed gun policies.
I have many gun stickers on my Jeep, (Like most guys do).... Hunting in the fall and winter is a way of life down here.

I wear a NRA tee shirt or a Chris Kyle shirt regularly and feel at home doing it.

My only uneasy spot is announcing ONLINE that I am leaving for any length of time. I don't want the crack heads to know they have an open invitation to TRY to break in and steal.

I do have a heavily armed (and retired) neighbor that watches our house if we are gone. SO, I try not to worry when we leave.

Our previous governor passed a LAW in our state that basically states... "IF any law is enacted from Washington that encroaches on OUR constitutional rights, it WILL NOT be honored in Mississippi".
I don't expect to see biden knocking on any door in Mississippi with his hand out asking for guns.

I think all the lilly livered, panty waisted, gender confused people need to just move over to one of the states where ONLY criminals have guns. Then they can ENJOY what they have ALLOWED the government to create.

I have to stop before I get on a soap box.

Couldn't agree more!!!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Dan In MI wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:59 am
Boji wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:25 pm I figured the local law and culture would come into play.
My state is very firearms friendly and has become more so in the past several years.
I spent most of my life in California. In November of 2016, voters passed a ballot initiative that called for background checks when purchasing ammunition. That's one of the factors that got me to make good on my threat to leave. Six months later, I was out of there.
My immediate family, 2 older sisters, left the cold Iowa winters many years ago for California. None of them have strong views either way on firearms. But now most of them(the nieces and nephews) are in Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho. Lots of reasons to leave CA.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Samb wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:41 pm Our previous governor passed a LAW in our state that basically states... "IF any law is enacted from Washington that encroaches on OUR constitutional rights, it WILL NOT be honored in Mississippi".
Mike thank the Lord our governor just did the same thing.
House Bill 2622 (Holland/Hall) makes Texas a Second Amendment Sanctuary State by protecting Texans from new federal gun control regulations.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Chapter 1, Penal Code, is amended by adding Section 1.10 to read as follows:
Sec.1.10. AN ENFORCEMENT OF CERTAIN FEDERAL LAWS REGULATING FIREARMS, FIREARM ACCESSORIES, AND FIREARM AMMUNITION.

(a) In this section:
(1) "Firearm" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.01.
(2) "Firearm accessory" means an item that is used in conjunction with or mounted on a firearm but is not essential to the basic function of a firearm. The term includes a detachable firearm magazine.

(b) An agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, and a law enforcement officer or other person employed by an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, may not contract with or in any other manner provide assistance to a federal agency or official with respect to the enforcement of a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation purporting to regulate a firearm, a firearm accessory, or firearm ammunition if the statute, order, rule, or regulation imposes a prohibition, restriction, or other regulation, such as a capacity or size limitation or a registration requirement, that does not exist under the laws of this state.

In other words if it's contrary to Texas law it will not be enforced by the State. I'm sure we will be looking at some Supreme Court battles down the line.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm
In other words if it's contrary to Texas law it will not be enforced by the State. I'm sure we will be looking at some Supreme Court battles down the line.
I know SEVERAL law enforcement officers in our state and they all say pretty much the same thing.....

IF the feds order them to take away our guns... they will refuse.
For one reason more that any other.... self preservation. They ALL realize, they will be met at most front doors by gunfire.
AND, they plan to keep all their guns too..... so, they will be our first line of defense to keep the commies out of Mississippi.

I am glad to know Texas (and I suppose, Louisiana too) will be a PRO - 2nd amendment state for a long time to come. It will be up to my sons to keep their gun rights ( AND STAND UP FOR state's rights) after I am gone.

We have more guns and ammo down here THIS TIME......

Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

It's not just you Southern boys, Iowa is close to declaring. Several counties already have. Some the liberals from the urban areas are fighting it but I believe it will get done. We got Constitutional Carry during this session so it may be next year.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Boji wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:52 pm It's not just you Southern boys, Iowa is close to declaring. Several counties already have. Some the liberals from the urban areas are fighting it but I believe it will get done. We got Constitutional Carry during this session so it may be next year.
MORE POWER TO Y'ALL!!!!

If enough of the citizens of this country speak up AND put the right people in office, we might be able to take our country BACK!!!!

::tu:: ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

My shooting buddy just said CZ bought Colt. Haven't searched to see if this is true yet . . .
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:13 pm My shooting buddy just said CZ bought Colt. Haven't searched to see if this is true yet . . .
True, announced some time ago. Colt will continue to operate under their own name.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Boji wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:32 pm
1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:13 pm My shooting buddy just said CZ bought Colt. Haven't searched to see if this is true yet . . .
True, announced some time ago. Colt will continue to operate under their own name.

Thanks! ::handshake::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:00 pm
Boji wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:52 pm It's not just you Southern boys, Iowa is close to declaring. Several counties already have. Some the liberals from the urban areas are fighting it but I believe it will get done. We got Constitutional Carry during this session so it may be next year.
MORE POWER TO Y'ALL!!!!

If enough of the citizens of this country speak up AND put the right people in office, we might be able to take our country BACK!!!!

We're with Iowa.
Mike you said it "put the right people in office." Why do Americans keep re-electing the same fools that clearly don't have the interests of the people and this country at heart?
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

dlr110 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:42 pm
Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:00 pm
MORE POWER TO Y'ALL!!!!

We're with Iowa.
Mike you said it "put the right people in office." Why do Americans keep re-electing the same fools that clearly don't have the interests of the people and this country at heart?
Several reasons. Straight party line voters. People that want “free stuff” and place no importance on personal rights. Lack of dedicated candidates to push back against the political machine. It takes a lot of $$$ to wage an effective campaign. Need to set term limits.
Local and state firearms groups can really help. Iowa Firearms Coalition is a great example of this.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Wondered where to put this and it does fit gun related stuff in my opinion.
If you want to make gun grabbers head explode or make a LEO wonder WTH, run with these truck accessories...

I bought a nice used 2017 Raptor to desert rat it and figured why not.
Look for seat covers I came across "tactical ballistic" options. Really? Sounds just like me.

Outfitted her with Skanda Kryptec Tatical Ballastic Seat Covers in Thypon Camo and a boatload of Kryptec Molle Pouches.
Basically, a integral Molle Web about 16 by 18 inches on both bucket seat backs as part of seat cover.
I have six AR-15 thirty round mags, four SIG P220 10mm mags, five SIG 938 mags, couple quality flashlights and of course a Leatherman behind drivers seat.
Passenger seat has a couple AR-10 mags, four more SIG P220 10mm mags and likely 50 rounds of 3 inch buckshot, binos, para cord and range finder.
Topped it off with a DU-HA under rear seat lockable gun case for my SIG M400 and Mossberg 500 12 guage pump

Basically, a very quick, fast moving armory.

I am overdoing it? Too much?

Asking for a friend...

PS: that is truly the inventory pictured besides the long guns. I go to desolate places alot by myself. Hope you got a chuckle but I like it and the gear is top notch and easily accessible.

Jerry
Attachments
20210414_130749.jpg
20210316_185756.jpg
20210316_185644.jpg
20210316_185242.jpg
20210316_185826.jpg
20210316_185624.jpg
20210316_185235.jpg
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Jerry,
Looks like winner to me! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Hey TF,

Thanks!

Crazy times we are living in. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Hope life is well. Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Jerry, you better be careful. People start thinking you a country bumpkin redneck!!!!!!! Awesome truck. Just the way they should be.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Nope my friend. Just a grown up boy scout. Be prepared. If you pay attention, zombie apocalypse has already started in January 2021.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Jerry, do you have the onboard generator?
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Yes Boji. Several.

They generate lead and copper at anywhere between 1000 and 3000 fps in a straight line.

If that was a serious question my friend , no. It does have 110 outlets.
That would be nice. Not sure if new Raptors offer that but this one is a 2017.
She has heated rear seats. That might come in handy though. Really love this truck and all joking aside, the stuff I pictured for a shooter or Outdoorsman of which I am both is top notch. No crap in console. Everything in quick grasp.

Glad to make your acquaintance. Regards, Jerry
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Yes, that was a serious question but I didn’t remember that you said it was a 2017 model. The onboard generator became an option on the 2021 models.
Ford got a lot of free publicity from people using them during the big power outages in Texas last winter.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

My apologies.
The 2017 Raptor does have two 400 watt AC outlets that will power some household stuff. Frig, TV, etc. Think the newer F'150 have a 2000 watt capacity but not sure about Raptor options. Could be wrong.
Regardless, not sure whole houses were powered as they advertised. Depends on the load.
Better than nothing. Handy to have.. Wish I did. That is certain.
Jerry
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

zp4ja wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 am Hey TF,

Thanks!

Crazy times we are living in. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Hope life is well. Jerry

Really hot setup, Jerry! My last firearm purchase was for the same reason. 😉👍

zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Thanks John. Appreciate the comment. I like the quick access and great storage. The Raptor is a "screw" aka Super Crew Cab as they call them so legroom is still ample with all the pouches.
At 450 hp 3.5 liter twin turbo with 10 speed transmission, she is scary quick and fast. Merge from on ramp at 100 mph, no problem. Getting air is fun as well. 19 mph on highway at 80 mph and drives like a Caddy.

Enough of truck talk. As far as guns stuff goes, I want to add a electronic gun lock from Santa Cruz Gun Locks in the DU-HA lock box under rear seat. Have six factory "up fitter" toggle switches in overhead console in lieu of a aftermarket install. Flip a switch or combo of switches, gun lock opens with ten seconds timer before re-locking. Manual key override in case of power loss. I support Sheriff LEO vehicles equipment (and 911 Dispathers) as part of my job so it is an easy install. Just takes money.

Already dropped a sizable amount for what I have in there. Will see.

Anyone have a Benelli M Series Semi Auto shotgun? Be interested to hear your thoughts. Would like to upgrade from the Mossberg 500 pump but I love the tang safety as I am left eye dominant, right handed. Only thing I do lefty is shotgun and rifle and even if non ambidextrous, I figure it out.

Jerry
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Jerry I like that set up!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”