Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
steve99f

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by steve99f »

Colonel

Leavin' that as is I think. Maybe at some point the degraded nickel finish will bother me enough to reconsider.

I'd love to find an old S & W from that era for reasonable money. A Remington Smoot's would be nice too.
steve99f
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Steve Warden wrote:Went out this morning and ordered a Henry Frontier .22 S/L/LR. Should be in by mid-month. ::ds::
H001T-Lever-Action-Octagon-Hero-2.jpg
I really love the old west look. Next I'll start saving my pennies for an SAA revolver. Suggestions for a model in .22 or .38 caliber that won't break the bank? Gotta have that old Colt Peacemaker look to it, though.
It's in! ::super_happy:: ::super_happy::
I'll pick it up this weekend. ::ds:: ::groove:: ::ds::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:Went out this morning and ordered a Henry Frontier .22 S/L/LR. Should be in by mid-month. ::ds::
H001T-Lever-Action-Octagon-Hero-2.jpg
I really love the old west look. Next I'll start saving my pennies for an SAA revolver. Suggestions for a model in .22 or .38 caliber that won't break the bank? Gotta have that old Colt Peacemaker look to it, though.
It's in! ::super_happy:: ::super_happy::
I'll pick it up this weekend. ::ds:: ::groove:: ::ds::
Speaking of a nice old west SAA in 22 LR....
I have this Uberti Cattleman in 22 LR... it is a NICE 22 cal cowboy pistol....
Seems like it is a 9 (or 10) shooter.
It's fun!
Uberti Cattleman.JPG
Mike
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I have a Henry Big Boy in 44 mag..... That is a real sweet shooting rifle.
To go with it..... I got myself this here Ruger Vaquero Bisley model in 44 mag to go with it..... Then I just had to have myself a set of "Hand of God" grips.
I got my grips in antique ivory instead of the traditional (Ben Wade) black grips.
Hand of God rig.JPG
Sorry..... I don't have a good pic of my HRA rifle....
gun 003.jpg
:)
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Some sweeeeeet lookin' shootin' arns there, son!
Do you get into the Cowboy Action Shooting?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote:Some sweeeeeet lookin' shootin' arns there, son!
Do you get into the Cowboy Action Shooting?
Well..... not officially.... I guess am past wanting to see how fast I can go...LOL.
BUT... I do occasionally strap on my gun belt, grab my lever gun and go shoot some steel.
It's all fun!!

:D

I always liked to dress up like a cowboy when I was a young lad. Still could be fun.... even now.
Doc Wyatt Virgil.jpg
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Can't go wrong with one of the Ruger SAA's. There are 2 sizes, the Single Six that is larger (TOP) and the Bearcat that is smaller (BTM), almost palm sized. I would recommend the Single Six to start Steve. Then you have to figure out which one you want. Barrel length, finish, sights, 22 mag capability, handle style.

The Ruger's are built like tanks. You won't wear one out. Buying used is an option but the price differential may not be significant enough to bother. Both of mine are used and have no issues.
Attachments
A Pair of 22 LR Single Actions.JPG
steve99f
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

Just installed a new set of Hogue pistol grips on my Jericho 941
Love the way they fit and will give me added control.

Camillus ::tu::
Attachments
EAB3A8FD-279F-4F37-BAA7-3E144263D43B.jpeg
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Camillus wrote:Just installed a new set of Hogue pistol grips on my Jericho 941
Love the way they fit and will give me added control.

Camillus ::tu::
I use similar Hogue grips on my 1911’s. Fantastic grips.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Anyone have any experience with the Heritage SSAs?
About $300-$350 cheaper than the Ruger.
Just to put it out there, I may get to the range half a dozen times a year, so the gun won't be getting a heavy workout.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Steve Warden wrote:Anyone have any experience with the Heritage SSAs?
About $300-$350 cheaper than the Ruger.
Just to put it out there, I may get to the range half a dozen times a year, so the gun won't be getting a heavy workout.
Had one a few years back and it was an ok shooter but I traded it off for some reason or another. I always liked shooting guns with more firepower than a 22.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Check this out Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sruOplt19hw

hickock 45 shooting a Heritage 22.
steve99f
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The Kentucky legislature and Governor have signed a bill authorizing concealed carry without need of any permit. It goes into effect 90 days after the legislature closes which will be of March 26. Thus it will be the end of June/beginning of July that the law goes active.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

All states should be like that!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Currently there are 16 States that have no permit requirement.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I have a lifetime permit and live in Indiana. I'm a firm believer in the right to carry! Far too many criminals running around who could care less about gun laws or any other laws for that matter. Unfortunately you can't depend on the police to protect you so people need to protect themselves.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks for posting that QS. I meant to earlier, but let it slip. I’m a big believer in concealed carry, and thankfully in KY concealed carry doesn’t just refer to firearms, but to any deadly weapon!

I’m also a big believer that the state has NO business at all licensing and taxing what is clearly designated by the constitution as a right of the people. The criminals and idiots were already concealed carrying with no license because they by definition don’t care about the law anyway! I’m awful proud of our legislature and governor for this.

We still have CCDW licenses available for the sake of reciprocity with other states, and I’ll keep my license for that reason. But this is a win for lovers of freedom imho.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I'm wondering if CCW permits will continue to be issued when no state permits are required. Or, alternatively, if a CCW permit will be readily given without the normal process of training etc.. Perhaps a member who is living in a permitless state can explain what happened concerning CCW permits.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Indiana doesn't require any classes for gun permits. You don't even have to have a gun, kinda ironic if you ask me but I don't make the laws.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Quick Steel wrote:I'm wondering if CCW permits will continue to be issued when no state permits are required. Or, alternatively, if a CCW permit will be readily given without the normal process of training etc.. Perhaps a member who is living in a permitless state can explain what happened concerning CCW permits.
Yes. Permits are still going to be issued for those who want to carry out of state. Just not required in state.
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I intend to maintain my permit even though I won't need it in Kentucky after the new law goes into effect. It will still be needed when I travel out of state.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Colonel26 wrote:I’m a big believer in concealed carry, and thankfully in KY concealed carry doesn’t just refer to firearms, but to any deadly weapon!

I’m also a big believer that the state has NO business at all licensing and taxing what is clearly designated by the constitution as a right of the people. The criminals and idiots were already concealed carrying with no license because they by definition don’t care about the law anyway! I’m awful proud of our legislature and governor for this.

We still have CCDW licenses available for the sake of reciprocity with other states, and I’ll keep my license for that reason. But this is a win for lovers of freedom imho.
I'm with you 100%.
Quick Steel wrote:I'm wondering if CCW permits will continue to be issued when no state permits are required. Or, alternatively, if a CCW permit will be readily given without the normal process of training etc.. Perhaps a member who is living in a permitless state can explain what happened concerning CCW permits.
Oklahoma just passed full blown constitutional carry and it goes into effect in november. From what I've heard you will still be able to get a license. It's a good idea to have one because if you have to use your gun the license will make you look MUCH better in court. Also it's good to have for anyone who travels to a different state and still wants to carry.

My understanding of constitutional is that any state who has it also recognizes the other states. So for example texans, oklahomans, arizonans etc. should all be able to carry constitutionally in all those states.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

CCW Reciprocity Maps (in case you haven't looked lately)

https://www.gunstocarry.com/ccw-reciprocity-map/
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Sorry to interrupt the current subject, but I picked this up this morning. Henry H001T Frontier .22 S/L/LR, octagon barrel. Now the long wait for decent weather to get it out to the range.
The knife is a Case sowbelly, TB6339 CV, in Chestnut bone.
20190316_122320.jpg
20190316_122525.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Steve Warden wrote:Sorry to interrupt the current subject, but I picked this up this morning. Henry H001T Frontier .22 S/L/LR, octagon barrel. Now the long wait for decent weather to get it out to the range.
The knife is a Case sowbelly, TB6339 CV, in Chestnut bone.

20190316_122320.jpg
20190316_122525.jpg
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”