Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
FRJ

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by FRJ »

Wow, that's amazing power.
Neat picture, Wade.
Joe
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Steve Warden wrote:Sorry to interrupt the current subject, but I picked this up this morning. Henry H001T Frontier .22 S/L/LR, octagon barrel. Now the long wait for decent weather to get it out to the range.
The knife is a Case sowbelly, TB6339 CV, in Chestnut bone.

20190316_122320.jpg
20190316_122525.jpg
............you will like that rifle, steve!!!......I like the little carbine version even better!!!........... ::tu:: ..............
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Attended the Alabama Gun Collectors Association show yesterday.

Very heavy M-1 Garand presence.

Lots of ARs of course.

Some vintage displays and sales tables, but not like when I was younger.

One guy had a fabulous collection of Winchester Model 1890 pump rifles. Loved every one he had. My favorite rifle.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..Charlie, have you ever shot a .44-40 Colt lightning!!.......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..................
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I think Colt put out two differently designed rifles called "Lightening", but I assume you are referring to the old pump action one.

And No, I have never fired one of any caliber.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Good ol' Colt's!
Attachments
DSCN6599.JPG
DSCN6601.JPG
Joe
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

I have been wanting to do something with my old Winchester '94 .30-30 for a few years. It doesn't get shot much as my old eyes don't do well with iron sights any more. I didn't want to drill it for a scope mount (it's a 1952 year model). I bought a Pearson's rail mount and I had a Leupold IER Scout scope sitting around in my closet. The Pearson's mount does not require any modifications to the gun.

I read this article, and decided to build the Scout Rifle: https://www.chuckhawks.com/win94_scout_rifle.htm

I know some folks think putting a scope on a lever action is sacrilege, but otherwise it would just sit in the safe unused. I figured I might as well get some fun out of it. I am looking forward to taking it out to the lease in a couple of weeks and introducing it to a hog.
Attachments
Win 94.jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I say shoot it and enjoy it anyway you want to.
I wish I had one and a place and time to shoot it.
Joe
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

That's not sacrilege Unk, the scout scope setup on a short carbine is just plain handy and fun to shoot. Plus you didn't have to modify the rifle to do it (as those pre '64 winchesters are desirable) ::tu::
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I’ve been thinking about the scout scope idea with my 30-30 or 35 Rem Marlins too. Looks like a fine idea to me.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::groove:: Steve, you'll love that .22 I have one just like ot. I have mine topped with a Bushnell Banner 1.5x - 4.5x scope with see thru Redfield mounts.
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:I think Colt put out two differently designed rifles called "Lightening", but I assume you are referring to the old pump action one.

And No, I have never fired one of any caliber.

Charlie
..I got to shoot granddad's .44-40 twice....both times I came away with a bruised shoulder!!....I think they weighed around 6.5 lbs.,about 3 lbs. less than my .44-40 Henry!!...also remember granddad saying the colt was the fastest repeater ever made. I never got to try that, but I think he said you could just hold the trigger down and work the lever and it fired as fast as you worked the lever!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

carrmillus wrote:..I got to shoot granddad's .44-40 twice....both times I came away with a bruised shoulder!!....I think they weighed around 6.5 lbs.,about 3 lbs. less than my .44-40 Henry!!...also remember granddad saying the colt was the fastest repeater ever made. I never got to try that, but I think he said you could just hold the trigger down and work the lever and it fired as fast as you worked the lever!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
Sound like some good old slam fire. Some of the old pump shotguns did that too, you could really put the lead out with those.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:..I got to shoot granddad's .44-40 twice....both times I came away with a bruised shoulder!!....I think they weighed around 6.5 lbs.,about 3 lbs. less than my .44-40 Henry!!...also remember granddad saying the colt was the fastest repeater ever made. I never got to try that, but I think he said you could just hold the trigger down and work the lever and it fired as fast as you worked the lever!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
Sound like some good old slam fire. Some of the old pump shotguns did that too, you could really put the lead out with those.
My old Ithaca 37’s do that. I remember the first time I did it, by accident. I heard two shots but only felt one recoil impulse. It was that fast. Surprised the heck out of me. Lol
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

FRJ wrote:Good ol' Colt's!
......the one in the middle looks familiar!!....sure wish I had granddad's!!!........... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..................
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

AR afternoon. Sighting in. A beautiful spring day, out here, today.
Attachments
IMG_1248.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Doc B that is a calendar shot. Like everything about that pic. Hope your target looked as good. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Now that looks fun!
Robert E. Lee
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Nice looking AR, who's it made by?
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

53231200_2087601311278456_4445970404732829696_n.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Doc, that's a beautiful picture. ::nod::
Joe
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Attended the Alabama Gun Collectors Association show yesterday.

Very heavy M-1 Garand presence.

Lots of ARs of course.

Some vintage displays and sales tables, but not like when I was younger.

One guy had a fabulous collection of Winchester Model 1890 pump rifles. Loved every one he had. My favorite rifle.

Charlie
Never heard of this show. When and where does it happen?
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

samb1955 wrote:Nice looking AR, who's it made by?
Sorry, just saw your question. It's a POF Patriot Ordinance Factory, in .223
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The Alabama Gun Collectors Association, which was founded in 1954, hosts three shows annually at The Hoover Met Stadium and Finley Convention Center in Hoover, AL, a suburb of Birmingham.

The show in July is generally the largest. The dates for that are July 20 and 21st.

Their Fall Show will be in October.

Here is their website:

http://algca.org/

These shows have some nice vintage displays, but not nearly as many as when I was younger. ::tu:: My Dad and I set up at these shows for years at the old Boutwell Auditorium and in the newer Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center.

Of course, now it is dominated by para-military arms.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:The Alabama Gun Collectors Association, which was founded in 1954, hosts three shows annually at The Hoover Met Stadium and Finley Convention Center in Hoover, AL, a suburb of Birmingham.

The show in July is generally the largest. The dates for that are July 20 and 21st.

Their Fall Show will be in October.

Here is their website:

http://algca.org/

These shows have some nice vintage displays, but not nearly as many as when I was younger. ::tu:: My Dad and I set up at these shows for years at the old Boutwell Auditorium and in the newer Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center.

Of course, now it is dominated by para-military arms.

Charlie Noyes
Thanks.
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”