Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 am Steve, have you looked at Uberti? https://www.uberti-usa.com. I haven't shot one but have handled and dry fired several different models. They pass muster from what I can see and I'd like to take one or two to the range and try them. Olde Cutler speaks highly of them (do a search for Uberti here on AAPK if you're interested).
Per their website there are several models with MSRP under $700 which usually means they can be bought for less from dealers. The website shows several dealers located in New Jersey.

Ken
Yes, I have actually been looking at a second Uberti, the Cattleman. The one I have now is the 5.5" Bisley in 38/357. One of our local stores actually has them on sale now for $399.99 in 45 Colt. The Bisley I have shoots quite well once I worked up a load for it, kind of a cowboy load under 1000 fps. Their bluing and color case hardened frames look great.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Looks like you're ready to face Marshall Dillon with that rig.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

stagman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:19 pm Just re-gripped my Ruger Vaquero and took it out too try it out...
Wow...new grips are twice as fat at bottom as the stock ones are...
fills the hand and gave me much, much better control of the gun,
especially when you are firing off several shots in succession.
Gun is 45 Long Colt....
They are Ivory simulated from Arizona Custom grips..
Pic of my rig with new grips below

Stag
000_0012.JPG
That’s a real fine looking Ruger! The whole rig is great!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Yes Sir!
I like every thing about that handsome rig, stagman. Very smart.
I have no experience with the "45" but I believe that's what I would have in a single action.
Joe
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Now thats a barbecue rig ::tu:: ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Here here! ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Thanks fella's for all the kind words...best part of it all,
with the new grips being so much thicker at the butt of the
gun, I could not believe the better control of the gun.
Seems I can level it and be more accurate, faster to...
and at this point down the trail of life, faster ain't something comes along as often !!!

Stag
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I saw one of these at a gunshow over the weekend. If total gun confiscation ever would come, this is what everyone will have in their home. Read about it by searching Richardson Industries Phillippine slam fire shotgun. By the way, they were asking $250 for it. And, no, I did not buy it.
1881.jpg
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

I think I'd rather have a slingshot and a pile of river rocks. Speaking of shotguns, just added this Remington TAC 14 20 GA to the pile. Took it out for a test drive. At about 10 feet or so and using #3 buck with 17 pellets, 2 shots. 4 shot capacity in the tube. Pleasant to shoot holding in between the waist and the chest.
Attachments
Rem TAC 14 20 GA #3 bkst 10 feet.jpg
steve99f
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Not sure about a slam-fire shotgun. ::skeptic::

Stag and Steve, those are excellent! ::tu:: ::tu::

Anyone into Black Powder revolvers? I took some pictures of the ones I keep at the farm. All are .36 Cal except the little vest pocket Derringer is a .31. Looking for a ramrod for it but will probably end up making one out of a piece of wooden dow.

I have a couple conversion cylinders too, which are fine if you have steel-framed BP revolvers. Had to send one to Howell in Wisconsin to get it timed properly; both the revolver and cylinder were purchased from the same auction but I guess the previous owner never got around to firing them. Howell said this revolver/conversion cylinder combo would handle regular .38 rounds but I use some Cowboy Loads, which are pretty easy to find.

Also pictured are some brass shotgun shells that I thought about hand-loading. I bought the powder, primers and wads and figured I could seal them off with a little paraffin wax. Thought about making my own shot combinations too, I see some interesting loads at the gun shows that others have come up with.

Lots of fun shooting outdoors but these are frowned upon at indoor ranges. Midway USA has an excellent selection and they're shipped right to your door, just like pocket knives. ::nod::
Attachments
IMG_20191117_141834882.jpg
IMG_20191117_141924432.jpg
IMG_20191117_142223406.jpg
IMG_20191117_142005656.jpg
IMG_20191117_141946302~2.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

They look like fun redrider. The cartridge conversion piece looks interesting as does the pocket pistol. Does the conversion piece function reliably? Have you asked why the indoor ranges discourage or disallow the use of BP firearms?
steve99f
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

steve99f wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:39 am They look like fun redrider. The cartridge conversion piece looks interesting as does the pocket pistol. Does the conversion piece function reliably? Have you asked why the indoor ranges discourage or disallow the use of BP firearms?
Steve, I think they're not range friendly because the loading process could be messy (imagine spilled powder) and the fact that black powder puts out a lot of smoke. They're not that loud at all, right or wrong, I fire mine without ear protection. I've never had a firing or cycling issue with either Howell conversion cylinder.

John

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I only have this one, Traditions Firearms replica 1858 New Army Revolver. It is .44 caliber. My wife and son gifted it to me, probably 15 years ago. It is fun to shoot. On a couple of occasions, I've loaded it with a snakeshot infused wax plug, and carried it as my snake gun, at the ranch.
black powder.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That's sweet, Doc. ::tu:: ::tu::

Forgot to mention mine are Navy Pietta's but the Derringer is a Traditions. The Remington styled one on the bottom was purchased at Cabela's. They make .45 Long Colt conversion cylinders for the .44 Dragoons too.

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I cleaned my "uninvited guest" deterrents yesterday. My rifles and shotguns will get their cleaning soon.
Here they are, top picture to bottom picture:
Smith & Wesson 357 Magnums (Different Barrel Sizes)
Smith & Wesson 41 Magnum
Colt Anaconda (First Edition) 44 Magnum
Smith & Wesson 500 (50 Caliber)
Heckler & Koch USP (40 Caliber)
Beretta 92SB (9MM)
Colt M1911A1 U.S. Army 1942 (45 Caliber)
German P38 (9MM)
German P08 (Luger) (9MM)
J C Higgins 88 (22 Caliber) (9 Shot)

I WILL NOT answer ANY questions regarding these weapons.
Thank you.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are awesome, Skip! ::tu:: ::tu::

I forgot about my snub-nosed BP conversion, also a .36 Cal Navy. This one is still on the large side but would fit in a coat pocket. I think it's the antique look of these that grabs my attention. Both the revolver and cylinder came from Midway USA and they helped me pair the two, just dropped them an email first.
Attachments
IMG_20190616_141252152.jpg
IMG_20190616_141119454_HDR.jpg

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

A couple more shots.
Attachments
IMG_20190616_141038258.jpg
IMG_20190616_141017887.jpg

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:49 pm Those are awesome, Skip! ::tu:: ::tu::

I forgot about my snub-nosed BP conversion, also a .36 Cal Navy. This one is still on the large side but would fit in a coat pocket. I think it's the antique look of these that grabs my attention. Both the revolver and cylinder came from Midway USA and they helped me pair the two, just dropped them an email first.
Thank you. ::handshake:: I like your black powder revolver, as well as the others previously pictured. ::tu:: I had a chance to obtain a free .45 black powder handgun from a friend who was giving away his possessions. I don't remember if it was a single shot, a revolver, or what make it was. He passed away before I received it and I didn't want to be an a-----e and bother his relatives about it. That's as close as I got to black powder weapons. I never got into loading my own ammo either. ::shrug::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 pm I never got into loading my own ammo either. ::shrug::
The setup for reloading is pricey and then actually doing it is time consuming. Match Grade ammo is expensive and I really don't have any use for that kind of precision, I'm just punching holes in paper in the barnyard.

If you enlarge the last two pictures, there's oil on the blued barrel and you can see the frame is actually case hardened steel. I keep mine oiled pretty well because the powder is corrosive. You're not supposed to use conversion cylinders with the brass framed BP revolvers, just an FYI.

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well fellers, i'm finally fulfilling a long childhood dream of mine. Purchased my first hand gun! ::ds:: Decided to pull an all nighter do to black Friday deals ::super_happy:: . I think I picked a good un', a CZ P-09 Duty FDE by ASG. All the reviews, blogs, youtube vids say it's one of the best .177 cal air pistol for it's price range. Very high quality replica of the real CZ P-09, down to every detail. Here's a snap shot from part of ASG's catalogue;

Precision Performance Realism
The CZ P-09 DUTY is a full-size tactical pistol with an integrated rail for mounting light and/or laser. Developed by ASG under license from CZ, this airgun is designed from original 3D CAD drawings, resulting in an authentic look and realistic handling. Its blowback function makes the metal slide move with every shot fired, creating strong recoil, adding to the shooting experience.
The CZ P-09 DUTY features a rifled inner barrel allowing the use of pellets, this improves range and precision. Add to this a 3-dot sight system that gives the operator a quick and easy target acquisition. Every pistol comes with its own unique serial number and authentic CZ markings.

The CZ P-09 DUTY is one of a new generation of Airguns capable of firing both pellets and BBs from an ingenious stick magazine with a 2x8 rd. capacity. It is powered by a 12g CO2 cartridge for reliable and consistent performance, coupled with a comfortable ergonomic design, this airgun will deliver a quality experience. Ref. 17537
Features: • Rifled barrel • Ambidextrous 2-step safety • Blowback • Detailed replica • 3-Dot sights • Tactical rail • 16 round magazine capacity (2x8) • Uses Diabolo pellets or steel BBs • CO2 powered
Specifications: Length: 205mm/8,2inch Barrel length: 94mm/3,8inch Weight: 702gr/1,6lb Velocity: Up to 150ms/492fps if using PBA pellets. Average 110ms/360fps Mag. Capacity: 16 rounds Standard Mag.: 17538

And the best part …. Made in Japan and only cost me $135 Cdn. or $115 U.S. dollars with tax, and free shipping! ::super_happy:: ::tu::
Went for the full desert tan version, me thinks it looks best out of all the other models. I think I have a great gun now for plinking, targets, small game extermination, self defence, edc, ect. Just have to wait for her to arrive, then ready to roll! Will post pics of her up and running.
Attachments
18525-000.jpg
18525-001.jpg
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Willy you'll have a lot of fun with that . ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Yes Phil, I can't wait ::super_happy:: ::ds:: .
Winston Churchill

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Pretty cool and very realistic in detail. ::tu::

Just don't take it to the 7-11, or whatever they have in the line of Canadian convenience stores. You guys ever hear of a 7-11 Credit Card? ::super_happy::

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:17 pm Just don't take it to the 7-11, or whatever they have in the line of Canadian convenience stores. You guys ever hear of a 7-11 Credit Card? ::super_happy::
I never have. But given the context, I have a pretty good guess as to what it is.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Here's one off my bucket list. Got to shoot a Thompson SMG. M1927A1 in .45 ACP at a range in central Illinois while visiting family. Now I want one!
Attachments
20191123_124039.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”