Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by Colonel26 »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:52 am Nice looking rifle, Colonel. We have a .22 Long Colt with a feeder tube that holds 15, how many does a Mag tube hold?

Nice wheel guns, Boji. I have an H&R subnose in .32 S&W Long. Nice thing is it's a little more hearing friendly.

Something a little different, a bud scored some blue aluminum mags and sold me two. I think they look nice with some 855 green tips.
I haven’t loaded it up yet. I’m assuming it’ll be close to 19 or 20 based on similar guns I have.

Those mags are pretty cool. I scored a few the other day myself. Although not nearly as stylish as yours.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Those of you who like myself go to gunshows are familiar with the sight of tables at gunshow where various groups have raffle tickets for sale. Usually they are youth shooting groups raffling a Ruger 10/22, or a conservation group raffling a shotgun and so on. Today I saw something at a gunshow that may be considered a sign of our times. A group was selling raffle tickets and the prize to be given away was -----------------3 boxes of 12 gauge shotgun shells!!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 am Those of you who like myself go to gunshows are familiar with the sight of tables at gunshow where various groups have raffle tickets for sale. Usually they are youth shooting groups raffling a Ruger 10/22, or a conservation group raffling a shotgun and so on. Today I saw something at a gunshow that may be considered a sign of our times. A group was selling raffle tickets and the prize to be given away was -----------------3 boxes of 12 gauge shotgun shells!!!

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 am Those of you who like myself go to gunshows are familiar with the sight of tables at gunshow where various groups have raffle tickets for sale. Usually they are youth shooting groups raffling a Ruger 10/22, or a conservation group raffling a shotgun and so on. Today I saw something at a gunshow that may be considered a sign of our times. A group was selling raffle tickets and the prize to be given away was -----------------3 boxes of 12 gauge shotgun shells!!!
At Pheasants Forever a couple of weeks ago we did a raffle for 500 rounds of 9mm.
No, I didn't win :(
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I used to live in California. A sporting goods store in Fresno had a grand opening in 2015, and I hadn't seen so much .22LR ammo in one place in years. Prices, if I recall correctly, were insane. Hopefully this craziness will pass soon.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Can't wait to fire this Springfield 87A 22
Attachments
20210413_080845.jpg
20210413_081001.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TripleF wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:17 pm Can't wait to fire this Springfield 87A 22
Ahhh the old “clackety clack”/“gill gun”! I have one of those. Mine had a nasty looking varnish on the stock and I refinished it. But the dern thigh is INE of the most accurate 22’s I’ve ever shot. Another great thing about them is how quiet they are. Load it up with 22 short CB rounds and it’s as quiet as if it were suppressed. Fun guns for sure.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:54 pm
TripleF wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:17 pm Can't wait to fire this Springfield 87A 22
Ahhh the old “clackety clack”/“gill gun”! I have one of those. Mine had a nasty looking varnish on the stock and I refinished it. But the dern thigh is INE of the most accurate 22’s I’ve ever shot. Another great thing about them is how quiet they are. Load it up with 22 short CB rounds and it’s as quiet as if it were suppressed. Fun guns for sure.

Thanks for the info!!
SCOTT

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Scored this vintage unopened box of Winchester Remington 22 ammo....

tooooooooooo cool.
Attachments
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
SCOTT

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TripleF wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:50 am Scored.....
BEAUTY Scott! ::tu:: ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Scott, is that the for runner of the .22 magnum? If so a rare breed. ::shrug::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

doglegg wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:05 am Scott, is that the for runner of the .22 magnum? If so a rare breed. ::shrug::
No clue what that is......
SCOTT

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

.22WRF was a for runner to the .22 magnum, a 45 grain bullet, a very hot round for it's day. No longer loaded except on rare special runs.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I thought .22 WRF (Winchester Rimfire) was .22 Magnum. My first pistol, a Ruger Single-Six came with interchangeable cylinders for .22 & .22 Mag.

Did a little research and found out I thought wrong BUT the general conscientious of opinion was that WRF ammo can be safely shot in a Mag cylinder even though the ammunition manufacturers don't recommend it. ::shrug::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

TripleF wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:50 am Scored this vintage unopened box of Winchester Remington 22 ammo....

tooooooooooo cool.
Sweet score for sure!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice old Springfield rifle Scott and great box of ammo (thats a collectible for sure). OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

My sporting clays gun. Beretta AL391 Urika. Cerakoted green.
Attachments
Beretta AL391 Urika  pic 1.jpg
Beretta AL391 Urika  pic 2.jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Unk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 am My sporting clays gun. Beretta AL391 Urika. Cerakoted green.
Sweet!
I've only read about Sporting Clay's.
Bet it's a whole lotta fun!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Unk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 am My sporting clays gun. Beretta AL391 Urika. Cerakoted green.
Very cool Mike! I love sporting clays. I don’t get to shoot them much, but they are sure fun, and humbling!
Robert E. Lee
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Unk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 am My sporting clays gun. Beretta AL391 Urika.
When it comes to shotguns, I'm a Mossberg 500 die-hard. That Beretta sure is nice, though. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Never shot sporting clays. Did shoot skeet back in the day which I enjoyed very much. Used a 20 gauge.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Thanks guys. I shoot in a sporting clays league with my old High School / hunting buddies every week. Lots of fun.

Was shooting my Citori, but one of my buddies let me try this Beretta last year and I liked it. He had previously cerakoted it green - and since my High School and College colors were green, I decided I liked it. So I bought it off him. Plus it's easy to see in the gun rack, since it's the only green one! :lol: It's a gas gun, so very soft shooting. I shoot left handed, and was able to set it up with cast-on with the stock shims.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Picked these up at a local computer auction this week. Marlin 30-30 and an H&R 9 shot slab side.____Dave
Attachments
DSC01211.JPG
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Sweet scores, Dave!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

djknife13 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 pm Picked these up at a local computer auction this week. Marlin 30-30 and an H&R 9 shot slab side.____Dave
Now you’re talking my language!!! Very nice!
Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”