What's Currently on Your Reading List?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: What's Currently on Your Reading List?

Post by Just Plain Dave »

The latest Jack Reacher book.
The Sentinel
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jmh58 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:09 pm 69CFC0DE-C284-4A9A-BB11-54C41719E68F.jpeg

Rereading this for the I don’t know how many timeth. 👍😎👍
John ✌️
Must be a good book seeing as though you have read it that many times, what is it about? ::tu::
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

I am just nosing around on AAPK and finding all kinds of interesting things! I love to read, and I love to see what other folks are reading. I have stacks of books in my "to-be-read" pile--mostly fiction. These three are what I am currently reading (well, the Levine is more amateur of absorbing chunks of it).

We have a bookstore in town called "The Dollar Book Swap". Its a warehouse--literally--with probably a hundred thousand books on the shelves and who knows how many in the back. All for a dollar each. Lots of newer hardcovers, too. Of course, finding something specific is hit-or-miss (actually more miss), but it's easy to spend hours there, and difficult to walk out without an armload or two.
Attachments
IMG_9659.JPG
Brent
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Rereading Charles Krauthammer's THINGS THAT MATTER. A fantastic intellect. Should have been president; probably too smart. J.O'.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Retreat Hell! by W.E.B. Griffin
schradefan27

Post by schradefan27 »

beresman wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 pm I am just nosing around on AAPK and finding all kinds of interesting things! I love to read, and I love to see what other folks are reading. I have stacks of books in my "to-be-read" pile--mostly fiction. These three are what I am currently reading (well, the Levine is more amateur of absorbing chunks of it).

We have a bookstore in town called "The Dollar Book Swap". Its a warehouse--literally--with probably a hundred thousand books on the shelves and who knows how many in the back. All for a dollar each. Lots of newer hardcovers, too. Of course, finding something specific is hit-or-miss (actually more miss), but it's easy to spend hours there, and difficult to walk out without an armload or two.
"The Sun Also Rises" is one of my absolute favorite books and has been for close to 40 years. I like most of King's stuff but found "The Shining" and "The Stand" good but a little long for my taste.

In any event, I have also found a used book store [though not only a $1.00 per book] and wait for Lee Child's "Reacher" Books as well as new Randy Wayne White and others to hit the used book store at $5 to $8 in hard-cover or $3 in soft. Saving a great deal and supporting a merchant other than Amazon.

Thanks for sharing!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

schradefan27 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 am
beresman wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 pm I am just nosing around on AAPK and finding all kinds of interesting things! I love to read, and I love to see what other folks are reading. I have stacks of books in my "to-be-read" pile--mostly fiction. These three are what I am currently reading (well, the Levine is more amateur of absorbing chunks of it).

"The Sun Also Rises" is one of my absolute favorite books and has been for close to 40 years. I like most of King's stuff but found "The Shining" and "The Stand" good but a little long for my taste.

In any event, I have also found a used book store [though not only a $1.00 per book] and wait for Lee Child's "Reacher" Books as well as new Randy Wayne White and others to hit the used book store at $5 to $8 in hard-cover or $3 in soft. Saving a great deal and supporting a merchant other than Amazon.

Thanks for sharing!
That is a great community spirit to have, support local, i like it. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

I received a book from my wife at Christmas, Gun Digest, Book of Hunting Revolvers by Max Prasac. If your into revolvers this one is a pretty good read. I don't hunt anymore but do love to shoot paper and handload for my revolvers. ::tu::
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
Va Guy

Post by Va Guy »

Jamie Lee Burke
Dave Robicheaux books
Great series. i have read 22 of them!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

20210212_173431.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

20210212_171012.jpg
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Welp, snagged these four second-hand for TL's library. Should keep me plenty busy till warm up.
Attachments
DSCN4658.JPG
DSCN4659.JPG
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

Thanks for sharing!
I have read maybe two of the Jack Reacher books, and enjoyed them. I just have so much of a backlog at this point I have a hard time justifying more books (although I usually don't bother with the justification anymore).

I also have (but have not read) King's 11/22/63--over 800 pages and almost 3 pounds worth of book. I'm working my way up to that one.
Brent
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

20210213_154507.jpg
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

20210219_105214.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Picked this up at the used book store. It’s time to get in the mood for baseball!

Ken
Attachments
E63DA016-9048-43C5-8DB1-3F7B1B243389.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Stuart Woods Desperate Measures (Stone Barrington Novel)
schradefan27

Post by schradefan27 »

beresman wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:38 pm

Thanks for sharing!
I have read maybe two of the Jack Reacher books, and enjoyed them. I just have so much of a backlog at this point I have a hard time justifying more books (although I usually don't bother with the justification anymore).

I also have (but have not read) King's 11/22/63--over 800 pages and almost 3 pounds worth of book. I'm working my way up to that one.
I would recommend "Killing Floor" for the Reacher series as to King my most recent reads have been "Mr Mercedes" and "Joyland" if you get a chance his short stories are really good ( the movie "Stand by Me" is based upon a short story)

Regards.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

20210407_162625.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Just got this one. Birthday present from my wife. (She started reading it already - guess I’ll have to wait!) :lol:

Ken
Attachments
4A082341-2864-4CF3-82DE-D6D8129C0FEA.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Will be up late reading
Attachments
F582E0B8-4632-4737-97E7-85AAE3FE9B03.png
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Wow a new John Sanford!
I am reading Stuart Woods Wild Card right now.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

jlw257 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 am Will be up late reading
Thanks, Larry. I didn't know that one was out. I just ordered one for a birthday present for Linnea.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Fixin to start Stuart Woods Contraband
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ran out of reading material and found this on the shelf of a cabinet I hardly ever use. It's the story of a Cambodian doctor and the history of Cambodia from before the Viet Nam war, during and after, spotlighting the take over of Cambodia by the Khmer Rouge. The crazy part is we can parallel it to what could happen here in the United States. Scary.
Attachments
Haing Ngor.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”