First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' gal and guys. I'll get the joint opened up this morning. I'll plug the coffee pot in and turn on the lights.
I'm all showered and ready for meetin'.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Ray!
I'm right behind you, just finished up the coffee making and need to prune my whiskers a bit, shower and eat breakfast. By then it'll be time to head to the church house. Still a bit cool, 43 right now with rain being forecast for tomorrow. :(
Good mornin' to rest of the crew, when y'all finally roll out of the rack. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Phil. we are 20 degrees lower than your temp., but we call that warm spring weather. I retired my long johns and wool socks for the year. It's been getting up around 40 during the days and most folks don't put jackets on unless they are going to be our for a few hours. The coat racks at church are empty. Today we are suppose to have a rain/snow mix on top of the foot of hard packed snow still on the ground. Church in two hours and a nap scheduled for after. Have a great Sabbath day.____Dave
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Usual Sunday mug. Could be better but could be worse.
Right around 50 now going to upper 70s.
Have a nice day y'all.
Looking for the magic penny!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Feeling a touch better today!!! ::ds:: And the sun is shining and am hoping to get out for a "Woods Wander" to blow the stink off later!!! :lol: ::tounge:: :lol:
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
Glad you’re better, John.
Well, this ought to be interesting. The kids want to go for a ride around Stanley Park. It’s a huge park, around 1000 acres. The idea is that they will ride their longboards and me and the little guy will ride bikes. I have several, but I haven’t been on one since last summer. I may take the folder but I’m tempted to go with my 1960 Raleigh 3 speed. I’ll have to see which came through the winter better. They are under a tarp out on the deck.
There are a couple of knives yelling at me in Cloverdale, but I don’t know if I’ll get there.
It’s going to be a nice, sunny day at least!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Monday coffee beats Sunday coffee all to pieces.
Monday Madness. Fighting with the stockers and suppliers.
Oh well it is what it takes to make money.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' JPDave and mornin' to the rest of the group. It is a very warm 68º here this morning and the weather prognosticators are guessing mid-70s later today. I'm bettin' on the low 80s myself. I may get out to a 'tank' to see if the bass are active yet.
Hope you have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'. It's 50 degrees and foggy this morning, coffee should be good. ::tu:: Ray sounds like you have hit on a good idea, I might try throwing a little bitty spinner bait in one of the ponds today. ::hmm::
A friend came by Friday afternoon and got a cooler full of ice and insisted I take a few dozen fresh oysters from another cooler. We used to buy oysters for $6 a bag back in the '80's, my friend paid $90 for a bag of Apalachicola Oysters Friday afternoon! ::uc:: I love 'em but not at that price!
Front part of the yard is ready for the 2nd mowing already, lots of downed trees to continue to clean up. Honestly, I'll never live long enough to finish this clean up, it is what it is. Plus it is time to plant the garden, them old downed trees can wait!
Hope all the AAPK bunch has a great day!
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Phil, I can't imagine a woods full of big trees down. We have 12 acres of woods and have had ice storms and a tornado once turn it into a battle field, but they are Poplar and Birch trees and within a few months we have it back to looking pretty normal. Everything is pretty well frozen in place for enough of the year so it doesn't move much. 10 degrees now rising up to about 40 this afternoon and it appears like that's the trend all week. Our Grand-daughter was suppose to head out to Washington DC with her high school class early Sunday but ended up in the hospital emergence having her appendix taken out. At least it happened before she left instead of on the way. She is pretty disappointed and in a fair amount of pain yet but is doing OK and is suppose to go home today. Funeral for my childhood neighbor and friend today and Wisconsin Badger show this Friday and that's about all planned for the whole week. Have a good day. ____Dave
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
Dave, glad your granddaughter is ok. Appendixes can really go sideways if you pass off the pain as flu or whatever.
No bike ride but we did make it to Cloverdale and I have three new treasures posted on Finds of the Day.
Got to run!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, didnt get my post yesterday posted. Guess after I typed it up I forgot to hit the submit button. ::facepalm:: Coffee is good this morning. Been over to the Coop all ready to check on onion sets. Reprofiled a coping blade on a SW 804 that the previous owner tipped. Got the angles and shape where I want it just need to round off the sharp edges and swedge a bit. Need to run some errands later. It is cloudy and cool today. When I left moms last night there was a possum out there eating the cat food. I thought good for you Mr Possum I dont have my Possom Skinner in my pocket. :lol: Happy trails!
David
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'd say good morning but I'm too late for that. It's a wet, cloudy day here with a temp in the low 50s. Not supposed to get a lot warmer as the day unfolds. My wife and I have been walking a few times per week at an indoor walking track a nearby church makes available to the public. I'm up to 1 3/4 miles (with several stops) thus far. Considering I have COPD and I'm on oxygen full time, I think that's pretty good. I feel a lot better after its over. :lol: We'll be headed that way soon.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Went camping with 7 boys last week, came home, got sick...... ::disgust::

Trying to stay above ground!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Hang in there Scott. Can catch a lot of things from youngsters. Take care. ::nod::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

This morning I'm really trying to care. But I don't.
The coffee is pretty good.
Between dogs digging out and mortgage rates skyrocketing my mood is rather dark.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning, looks like another nice spring day is in store. Back to work today. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' gal and guys. I'm headed out for the Men's Devotional Breakfast this morning and not much else on the agenda for the day.
Hope your day is good. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Dr's appointment this morning and laundry upon my return.
That's about it for today .... I hope.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It sure sounds like a Tuesday from you guys posts so far. Nobody seems to gather much excitement for a Tuesday. Me neither but I hope you have a good one. No funerals today so that's good. My Grand-daughter is home from the hospital and feeling some better. That's good. Only three more days to get through before Janesville Knife show. Things are looking better all the time. Have a great Tuesday. ____Dave
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Mornin all, this is my first stop at this here diner. Hoping to get out of the office today like I was able to yesterday. I love it here in the panhandle when the weather turns towards spring. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Trace
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', all you early risers!
Slept in again, must be gettin' old. ::shrug:: We had a thunderstorm around midnight, very little rain fell, just some booming that set the Dachshund alarm.
Hope Scott gets over his distemper or what ever he caught while he was camping.
Yesterday I spent the morning paying some of the normal monthly bills. Normal stuff, usually no more than a 15 minute job. But with one particular well known company, I ended up on the phone with at least 6 different people of both genders, some could almost speak English, some did, but all but one were dumber than dirt! About half way through this ordeal I wished I had recorded my conversations with each of these employees of this once reliable company. It would make a million bucks released as comedy entertainment! The last lady that I spoke with had so much common sense and understanding, she needs a raise! I thanked her several times for how she straightened out a simple problem.
Coffee is ready, Miss Joy has fed the birds, squirrels, the barn cats and now it's my turn. :)
Hope y'all have a blessed day!
Treefarmer

bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, kinda late checking in my own self. Dave I'll take over the funeral business, ole buddy from first grade on has passed, seems like I'm going to far too many of these school mates funerals. Guess it means I'm getting old. Treefarmer I came back by way of Bainbridge over to Dothan still a lot of tarps on roofs, a lot had been replaced, timber down, pecan groves decimated, old barns and such down. A lot of log trucks on the road guess they were trying to salvage something. Terrible destruction I feel for those people, as you said will take a long time to recover. Yawl have a good 'un. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Rotten wrote:Mornin all, this is my first stop at this here diner. Hoping to get out of the office today like I was able to yesterday. I love it here in the panhandle when the weather turns towards spring. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Trace, welcome to the FCD, where all the old farts gather to talk about the weather.

Nothing on today's agenda. Carry on.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Rotten wrote:Mornin all, this is my first stop at this here diner. Hoping to get out of the office today like I was able to yesterday. I love it here in the panhandle when the weather turns towards spring. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Rotten, I'm usually just a reader here but the thought of driving through Palo Duro in this spring weather kinda gets my interest peaked. Beautiful part of the country you live in. ::nod:: ::nod::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”