First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends, looks like another hot one today. Ended up going up to my brothers yesterday afternoon and had a good time. Happy trails!
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Forgot to mention the icing on the cake. We stopped in Bloomington, Il on the way back to drop off the t-shirt quilt my cousin made for my great-grandson and discovered that my daughter had flown in from Mesa, AZ for my grand-daughter's birthday on Saturday. Plus, my grandson was there!! It was a wonderful surprise but the hits just kept on coming when my grand-daughter handed me some pictures that looked like a Rorschach Test. They were x-rays of my next great-grandchild who should be born in early January 2022. There's no explaining the way I felt after all that emotional candy.
Attachments
Lincoln's t-shirt quilt.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 pm Forgot to mention the icing on the cake. We stopped in Bloomington, Il on the way back to drop off the t-shirt quilt my cousin made for my great-grandson and discovered that my daughter had flown in from Mesa, AZ for my grand-daughter's birthday on Saturday. Plus, my grandson was there!! It was a wonderful surprise but the hits just kept on coming when my grand-daughter handed me some pictures that looked like a Rorschach Test. They were x-rays of my next great-grandchild who should be born in early January 2022. There's no explaining the way I felt after all that emotional candy.
Congratulations Jerry,, to you and the mom and grandmom!

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 pm Forgot to mention the icing on the cake. We stopped in Bloomington, Il on the way back to drop off the t-shirt quilt my cousin made for my great-grandson and discovered that my daughter had flown in from Mesa, AZ for my grand-daughter's birthday on Saturday. Plus, my grandson was there!! It was a wonderful surprise but the hits just kept on coming when my grand-daughter handed me some pictures that looked like a Rorschach Test. They were x-rays of my next great-grandchild who should be born in early January 2022. There's no explaining the way I felt after all that emotional candy.
I was looking for my brown AAPK T shirt yesterday afternoon after church, now I see what happened to to it! ::poke::
Jerry, that is a great quilt, tells folks much about your life. ::tu::
Semper Fi
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks fellers. Philip the one I gave my daughter is (in my humble opinion) better.
Attachments
Jenni's t-shirt quilt.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Oh dearey me.
I went to ask for my freedom at 10:45ish.
She wanted another BBQ pit made.
Did so but got the bottom on backwards.
Got help and fixed that.
There are also two rocking chairs that need built so
I grabbed one and what a woolybooger THAT was to put together.
That leaves two pits and one chair.
Clocked in 4:57 clocked out 1:42.
Coffee was pretty good.
But I am plumb tuckered out.
Looking for the magic penny!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Jerry, those quilts are cool. I probably have enough gun related tshirts to make one but I'm still wearing them.
Concert last night was great, 95 degrees when I arrived but by the time it started my seat was in a shady area.
But it was 1:30 when I got home, my hiney is dragging today. And going to repeat it tomorrow night, Sioux Falls this time.
Taking the whole day and go to the big indoor shooting range there before the concert. The range is The Alliance, operated by the American Legion and VFW under the name South Dakota Military Heritage Alliance. The property was formerly the Badlands Pawn complex of questionable reputation.
As some of you know, firearms are my first love (and cars!), and I came to knives by default.
I need a nap........
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I have to have a good hard look at myself, i thought i posted last night just after Scott opened up, i obviously did not press submit, i am losing it. ::dang::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

cudgee wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:49 pm I have to have a good hard look at myself, i thought i posted last night just after Scott opened up, i obviously did not press submit, i am losing it. ::dang::
No worries, I know for a fact that I've done that more than once. ::shrug::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

cudgee wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:49 pm I have to have a good hard look at myself, i thought i posted last night just after Scott opened up, i obviously did not press submit, i am losing it. ::dang::
You mean to say that was the first time for you? You are in good company.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Boji wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:27 pm
You mean to say that was the first time for you? You are in good company.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You have found me out. :roll: It most certainly was not the first time, but it is becoming a regular occurrence. ::doh:: :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, Got good cup of coffee and the weather report says hot. Happy trails!
David
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning everyone, thanks David for opening up. One of the great aspects of AAPK came to the fore today, a member asked for some moral support to give him a bunk up, and the amount of support from members here in a short amount of time showed the friendships formed here, well done. I will leave some coffee for you all, and breakfast is on me. ::handshake::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Toughed it out after work yesterday morning and got all the grass cut.
It was quite warm when I finished around 11:00.

Have a 'wellness check' at the wife's work for health ins. this morning,
and yet another trip to WM and of course laundry . . . .

Happy Birthday to MN Dave !!
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. Thanks for getting the joint opened and thanks for treating Cudgee. I'm off to Men's Devotional Breakfast in a little while. We had our 1st day of 100º temperatures yesterday and we are getting appeals from Ercot to limit our use of electricity.
Hope you all have a good day.

Ray

And a Happy Birthday to you Minn Dave.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Hey MN Dave. Happy Birthday ya old geezer.

There isn't anything going on around here except taking pictures of a couple of knives I received yesterday and reading a book that I have a nagging feeling I've read before. Ain't old age great?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Thanks Jerry. I didn't think it showed. I'm doing exactly what I want to do with the day. I'm working, then going out for Chinese with Jane a some friends tonight. Saturday is my knife club and I'll probably get myself something nice. It's 50 degrees heading up to just above 70 later today. Everything's coming up roses. Have a great , oh crap, it's Tuesday isn't it. I think I'm actually going to like this one. Anyway, have a really nice Tuesday.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’, Folks.
Another beautiful morning! About 1:30 this morning we had a thunder boomer pass over us. Miss Joy said there was only 1/10” in the gauge when she took the dogs out to feed the birds and squirrels. Still may have to water the raised beds.
Coffee was good, breakfast in a few minutes.
Hope y’all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning,Coffee is great,the day is starting out gorgeous,blue skies ,64 degrees,low humidity .
Cudgee, you mentioned forgetting to hit send,yesterday that happened here as well ,or I did something like totally space typing in something here . Any case , today should be better. Just couldn’t get in the groove yesterday .
Louisville B, Happy 52 Anniversary,hope you and the Misses had a great day!
Mn. Dave , am looking forward to the knife club meeting Saturday. Hopefully won’t get detoured way out of the way this trip. Don’t know the Twin Cities very well this time will avoid all the Construction detours .
I suppose better get after it, will be finishing up Soffit and Fascia and a little siding on the last gable today ,on the addition project. Then rest of week a bunch of small stuff . You all take care, stay safe, and enjoy your day .
JP
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
Nothing happening around here today. Had a bad night, our little dog Griffin had a seizure about 2am and it was a bad one. At first they were about once a month, but now they are about once a week at different times of the day.

Ripster, I don't know why but your post made me think of Norske Nook Bakery and Restaurant in Osseo, WI. I was traveling with a co-worker and we stopped there because the AAA guide book said they had the best pies in the state. I don't know about that, but I do remember them being very good.

Everyone have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm Top of the morning to you all!!
Nothing happening around here today. Had a bad night, our little dog Griffin had a seizure about 2am and it was a bad one. At first they were about once a month, but now they are about once a week at different times of the day.

Ripster, I don't know why but your post made me think of Norske Nook Bakery and Restaurant in Osseo, WI. I was traveling with a co-worker and we stopped there because the AAA guide book said they had the best pies in the state. I don't know about that, but I do remember them being very good.

Everyone have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David, they’re still there,great place ,good people. Best Pie this side of the Mississippi. There’s a place in Bloomer that will give it a run for the money,Main Street Cafe .
Catch you later, stay safe down there ::handshake::
JP
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡62 heading to mid 80's by afternoon. Beautiful sunny day.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
My buddy got the hay field cut yestiddy and am I glad,not only does it look better but the skeeters don't have a place to raise and hide.
Got the ole Ford pickups yearly service done yestiddy, now the Badboy zero turn needs attention.
Cudgee welcome to my world, mine disappeared yestiddy and one Sunday that had pictures that have since been deleted.
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

djknife13 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:53 am Good morning. Thanks Jerry. I didn't think it showed.
It doesn't. I just said that because I know how old you are and that you're nipping at my heels (age wise). :mrgreen:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Well, good afternoon folks.
Got out of work before noon but things.
Built another pit.
Coffee was decent.
Guess I'll finish this box of pennies.
Looking for the magic penny!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Well, my fun filled week has sure gotten shot full of holes.
The Autocross is postponed until August.
Sunday night while I was at the concert, Grandson, who lives with me, had a tie rod bust on his Escape. He called a wrecker and had it towed to the house. It is sitting in my driveway jacked up with the tire off. So he took my RAV to work this morning.
Today I was going to Sioux Falls to a shooting range and a concert. Mini Cooper won't start. Put the charger on it, got it started, backed out of the garage, let is run for a bit, shut it off. Go back out to leave, no start, weird noises, every warning light came on and I'm going WTF?? Called the only place in town that has ever even serviced it which is the Toyota dealership. 2 techs show up mid=afternoon, they jumped it and it started again and they took it to the shop. Turns out it is just the battery but too late now for my road trip.
Think I'll have several adult beverages........

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”