First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Work after Thanksgiving off.
Marquee says
Glad I can blame
being fat on the
Holidays now

Coffee was decent.
Dad and Sister are at the VA.
Looking for the magic penny!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Currently 27 going to 50. Rain doesn't seem to be on the schedule.

Coffe is about ready. Help yourselves.
Hope Miss Boji is recovering.
My sister needs a new car so I'll be advising her on that. New could include used. Possibly an SUV so she can sit up higher. Not keen on a pickup.

Hope you all have an enjoyable Saturday.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Morning Garry! Thanks for the coffee! ::handshake:: Morning Folks! ::handshake::

Got our first skiff of snow last night. Roofs are all dressed in white. ::doh::

Got a fire going. ::tu:: Will make so cigaretts today & maybe watch a college Football game this aftenoon while looking for job openings. Will try to send out an application to somewhere ::shrug:: tomarrow. ::hmm::

Take Care & Stay Safe Friends,
Tom 🗡️🔪 KGFG 🗡️🔪

Edit: :shock: ::woot:: Gators vs. FSU Seminoles being shown over here today! ::groove::
Only problem is that I like both teams. ::doh:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. I am about footballed out but will likely manage to watch a game or two later today.
It is 48º here in my back yard right now and will go to only about the 50s during the day today.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

48 outside right now!! Windows open!! Supposed to be like this for the next 4 days ::shrug::

Time to start preparing for the Christmas camping trip!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Morning gents, sipping some good coffee on the couch right now. Watched two football games yesterday - Pirates lost, Wolfpack won, pulling for the Gamecocks tonight. Even watched the first half of the Duke vs. Gonzaga basketball game - that is a lot of college sports! Think I can work in some fishing today when it warms up a bit. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I'm off to the book store project to do some facia and soffet. I'm hoping a volunteer crew shows up. I feel like I'm dragging and I just had two days off. I'm guessing that, at my age if you slow down, picking up speed just takes a little more effort. Things sure do sneak up on you when you hit old age. They should write a book on this. The gun show was a bust yesterday. There were a few bayonets and some cheap stuff but nothing that belonged in a collection. Have a great weekend.____Dave
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Made it thru the workday yesterday. Black Friday has always been a nonevent in the pawnshop. Yesterday was interesting, no, people weren’t buying TVs, guns and such. They were paying off the ones they pawned. One of the biggest $$$ redemption days ever. Smart people.
I’m still miserable, woke up with a coughing attack.
Need to get some more OTC meds. No fever, no sore throat so no real reason for Quick Care appt. this shall pass. Soon I hope!
Coffee is getting cold while I was gabbing.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning crew, got good cup of coffee to watch the sun rise. Right now its just a glow across the horizon. 34-66 and sunny today. Dont have any plans set in stone yet. Might go plant the garlic after while but thats a biiiiiiig might at the moment. Happy trails!
David
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin, FCD crew!
32 with a big frost here in the Panhandle. Looks like we are kinda draggin' around this morning, I've got a bit of congestion and some hoarsness to deal with. A big cup of hot coffee will do wonders for me in about 2 or 3 minutes. :) Looks like we'll be eating leftover for a few days, had some of the venison stew made Wednesday last night in a big mug while watching college football, it was delicious. Still a pie or two that hasn't been cut, might have a big peice of the Mincemeat for breakfast.
Y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Friends. Just rolling out of the rack and got coffee going . Nice crew here this morning ,good to see you stop by Tom and OC.
Tom , hope you get employed at a great company. Have heard it’s hard finding a job over by Berlin as well. Our Cousin Dave is over there and is struggling to get a better position and said the good jobs go to family and friends so outsiders do have a hard time getting in some places.
Dave in Mn. Did you say the Duluth show is this coming weekend ? Hope you get a crew today to help with book store bldg.
Not much happening here today which is just fine . Maybe a good book for the morning and go from there .
Have a good one out there ,stay warm and Safe .
JP
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Good Morning, FCD

*46 with a high of *61 today in the MO. Ozarks. Partly sunny and a good wind.
Will polish off the last piece of apple pie from Thanksgiving today :( A sad moment indeed. Day full of catching up on small chores and housework that were put off for the last couple of days. Then off to restock on some cat food for our little brood.
Y'all take care, be safe and have a great day!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:02 am My sister needs a new car so I'll be advising her on that. New could include used. Possibly an SUV so she can sit up higher. Not keen on a pickup.
Garry I've had four Toyota SUVs as company vehicles and had absolutely no issues with any of them. Two were Rav 4s and two were Highlanders. I would recommend you at least give them a look.

Not much on the agenda here for the day other than the Kentucky-Louisville game later this evening. Go Cats !!!! ::ds::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Good Morning y'all.
It is a nasty day outside.
Light rain and cool.
Coffee was not all that swell this morning but a full extra spoon of sugar made it drinkable.
I may be off to Cleveland in a bit.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Phil. Actually, the Toyota Rav 4 is at the top of my recommendations. Probably a used one as she wants to avoid monthly payments if possible. I have had 20 years of virtually flawless performance from my Honda Civic SI. I simply no longer consider American brands.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Yup gents, anything Toyota is y'all's best option. Kia would be my close second, Subaru third.
Whatever you decide, do not under any circumstances, by a BMW X series, or anything from the big-3.
Nothing but headaches down the road...
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Another ::tu:: ::tu:: for anything Toyota or Lexus.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good afternoon fellow Diners, is Sunday morning here, just been for a swim and going to have some breakfast. Been busy and offline for a couple of days, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, catching up on all the posts looks like you all did. ::tu:: Boji, hope you are feeling better, and it seems like karma, i also have a toyota story. They are great cars, my sister died earlier this year and left me her car, a 2004 Toyota Camry Altise, she hardly drove it, was just sitting in her garage most of the time. I picked it up last Tuesday, Only has 23,000 miles on the clock, and not hard miles, had it serviced by my mechanic who could not believe how good a condition it is in, he said it would outlast me. Gave it a good wash, vacuum and polish, looks like it is straight off the showroom floor, and drives like a dream. A friend of mine just purchased a Toyota Rav and he loves it, so another vote for Toyota. Hunt around and see if you can find a good used one with low miles, that will be the way to go for your sister. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Morning all. Currently 38 going to 49 today.
Yesterday some of us were talking about my sister's need for a new car. I now think, after a bit of research that we may need to wait for the new year. Both new and used vehicle prices are badly inflated. Some dealers are charging above the MSRP with no discounts because of the short supply of new cars. And used car prices are pumped up as well. Some think supplies and prices will stabilize in a couple of months. Time will tell.
May your Sunday be blessed.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Cudgee and Garry .
The Car market is crazy high priced this year so great idea to wait . These over inflated prices can’t last forever .
Morning to the rest of you FCD ers.
A quiet morning here and sipping on a great tasting cup of coffee and not in a hurry to get going . It’s been a nice long weekend and has been nice spending time with Wife and family . Last night she made up a homemade cake and stuff for her brothers birthday today so will be toting a cake over to him later today . Been hard not to cut into it! Don’t get treats around here often but to avoid the wrath of my Irish tempered wife will not cut into it till at the party .
Have a great day out there Folks , stay safe .
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. JP the gun show next weekend is a good-sized show and is at the convention center (DECC), downtown, Duluth. It's the biggest around here. There hasn't been as many knives lately as they were a few years ago. Church and Sunday School in a few hours and dinner at our son Jeremy's house today with his whole crew. There will be a house full. Yesterday we had a good crew and got a bunch done at the book store and I can finally take a few weeks off until the electrician gets done. Have a great Sunday._____Dave
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy, coffee is working good. I'm in no hurry about anything. going up to my brothers this afternoon to help him with something. 30-58 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' to all here in the FCD. I have usher duty so will need to leave for church in about an hour. In the meantime I have a good 1st cup and good gospel music is fixin' to crank up on the radio.
Hope your Sunday is a blessed one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
15 degrees warmer this morning than yesterday, gonna' rain.
Coffee is about made. Miss Joy will have to go to church by herself this morning, I'm still a bit hoarse and congested, don't need to pass this bug around. Haven't really felt bad, just the congestion and clearing my throat, no fever. ::shrug::
Got a young buck hanging in the oak tree, probably need to put a fly bag on him this morning.
Y'all have a wonderful Sunday.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Morning folks.
I automatically put and extra spoon of sugar in my mug and the mug got empty in a hurry.
41 for a low and 61 for a high. Looks damp out there.
No official church but I talk to God a lot.
I look forward to meeting Mom's Dad up there eventually. A better man may not exist.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”