First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's still hot here and the air isn't healthy to breath because of the fires up North. This is still a great place to live with almost no noticeable pollution as long as you don't mind cold winters and a month of humidity and daytime heat. The woods around my home is so dense you can't see much over 100 feet except between hills. The bog lake right behind my house has completely disappeared with trees and brush. I'm heading back to the neighbors house to tuck point and repair a chimney before we put metal on the roof. Have a great Tuesday.____Dave
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
73 degrees with haze from smoke (western forest fires), headed to 90 degrees. Dave (DJ), I mean this in a good way...I don't believe there is anything you can not repair or do! I am envious.
Everyone stay safe and healthy.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!!
We all survived the first evening of our Vacation Bible School. Going to rest up
today for round 2 tonight. Everyone have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡mid 70's later 90's.
Critters fed, no dishes to warsh because the boss took me out to breakfast, after delivering my ole blue van to my service guy for a good going over.
Gonna get the Badboy out when it dries up a bit and flay some grass.
Right now I'm gonna have another cuppa joe and ponder on it awhile. I'm awfully good at pondering if you ain't noticed. :roll:
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I’m also good at “pondering “. But the calendar says it’s Tuesday so it’s off to work I go.
Be good humans
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Probably the best at pondering is dlr. That's where he lives Ponder Texas. ::nod::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

howdy.
Getting the old faucet out is kicking my butt.
Came in here to get a fixed blade knife to try and get those nuts loose.
Looking for the magic penny!
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

doglegg wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm Probably the best at pondering is dlr. That's where he lives Ponder Texas. ::nod::
Your right, I ponder life's mysteries every day and how did I end up with so many
knives, it gives me such a headache.
I need to forget about life's mysteries and concentrate on the knives... ::hmm::

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy, 63-89 and sunny. Good coffee. Later
David
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

G,day David, hope all is well with you and glad you enjoyed your coffee. :)
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good Wednesday morning all. It looks like everybody is sleeping in today. I have a meeting this morning so I didn't have to be up early and rush off to work. The heat is letting off and things are about normal except for the smoke. Have a great day and be safe.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Looks like we have had a passing shower earlier this morning. Miss Joy said there were "a few drops" in the rain gauge. ::facepalm:: I suppose the proper way of reporting such would be, "we've had a trace of rain". Summer showers make the peanuts and cotton grow. Ain't quite as poetical as the old saying "May showers bring June flowers" but about the same meaning.
Coffee is about ready. Let's go enjoy a hot cup!
Y'all have a wonderful "hump day", you too Chris.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
70 degrees with smoke/haze from the western wildfires. Today is my day to help my oldest grandson with his replacement car (he totalled the last one). We plan on doing a thorough detail and paste wax, check mechanicals, battery, fluids, filters, air pressure, etc. so he can be ready to start college next month. He has grown-up way too quickly. I am really proud of him and will miss him while he is away. Well it is off for my morning walk before the heat get worse. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all!
Been up awhile, on 2nd cuppa, listened to the local news on the radio, checked the obits(my name wasn’t there)
Weather calls for high 80’s, have some fog/haze/smoke but the sun is shining.
Nothing special planned for the day. Maybe a nap a bit later
Be good humans
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
I have absolutely nothing planned or scheduled today except helping
with Vacation Bible School later this evening. So until then I'm just
going to stay in my PJ's and in my office. Everyone enjoy your Wednesday
and be a blessing to someone.... :D

bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡70 up to the 90's, hazy with high ozone levels. Not good for ole folks and those with breathing problems. Boss doesn't want me out side to much so I guess I'll sneak out for a few minutes and then back in
For a rest.
Got the grass cut yestiddy so nothing really pushing me.
Oh well the critters are fed and the dishes warshed, relaxing now with a fresh cuppa joe and pondering again.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon y'all.
Had to soak the dumpster in Insect reproduction inhibiter.
Did not leave work until just before 1pm.
Because of this I did not have to take my Dad to Lowes instead my Sister did.
Decent coffee this morning.
Got some cars in the mail.
Only two of them have dates.
A 65 Impala and an 83 Thunderbird.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning everyone, hope your week is going well, Diner open and up and running. Coffee is good, and grill is open. Have a good one. ::tu::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning, have some good coffee to get started with. 68-90 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Gotta dentist appoint. this am for a crown .. .. not looking forward to that.
Maybe another load of laundry, and that'll be my day. Exciting, ain't it . . . .
:(

Yawl have a grand pre-Friday :mrgreen:
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. A friend came last night to cut 14 large poplar trees from around our driveway that were too big for me to cut because of their location (power lines, buildings, etc.) and made quick work of them, at least getting them on the ground. Now one or two of my boys and I have to cut them up and clean up a huge pile of branches. No time today or tomorrow, but before the snow flies. It suppose to cool down for a day or two and then back up in the 90's. Have a great Thursday.____Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

djknife13 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am Good morning. A friend came last night to cut 14 large poplar trees from around our driveway that were too big for me to cut because of their location (power lines, buildings, etc.) and made quick work of them, at least getting them on the ground. Now one or two of my boys and I have to cut them up and clean up a huge pile of branches. No time today or tomorrow, but before the snow flies. It suppose to cool down for a day or two and then back up in the 90's. Have a great Thursday.____Dave

Man, would love to help mprocess those trees pal. Me and a couple boys, we'd have a blast.....but instead we'll be doing it here today, at the local park
as we search out perfect firewood for tomorrow's meals.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Boys and the rest to come later. ::handshake::
Dave, are the Poplar trees something to make lumber or fire wood? It's interesting you mentioned snow, Miss Joy and I were talking about that the other morning, wondering when folks in the North will be getting the 1st snow.
Chris, hope your dental appointment goes well.
Today is work day and there is a chance of rain according to the NWS, a few small showers going on down near the coast. There is a Boston Butt in the oven making the house smell good this morning, she had it come on around 2:30 this morning. A mess of sweet potatoes are slated to go in the oven after the meat gets done and who knows what else will be ready for our noon meal.
We've been blessed with the temperatures staying in the high 80's for several weeks, it seems like we should be experiencing 90 degrees more often. Of course August and its' heat are still on the way and we'll ready for the slight cooling in late September. ::hmm::
Y'all have a great Thursday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning All, thought would squeeze in a few minutes here this morning . Been very busy with helping the Brother and nephews with getting these 2 bldgs on schedule. The multi family project is at the 3 rd floor and we should be on the 4 th floor by now,and one of the new
Hotels we just got started on they were 3 weeks behind on the Foundation,so full throttle on that one. Then our old theater ,which is our Church,we are nearing completion of the remodel , and struggling to find help. All the skilled help is back to working overtime so that leaves a couple of us retired tradesmen to wrap it up . So that’s my gig lately , have a meeting with Masons at 8, so took a little time off b4 that to get caught up here and mail some knives ,etc,etc.
How’s the rest of the FCD crew doing! Sounds like weather has some hiding out due to heat and smoke from fires . The Moon has a Orange glow all night from the haze in the air. Air quality is not the best up here . Mn. Dave,how’s the air up there by the border? Sounds like you’re staying busy up there.
Philip, your shoulder seems to be allowing you to get back at it, hope it is healing up well.
L boy, that’s cool that you’re helping grandson with his car,and getting him off to college .
Ray ,how’s it going down there,you been doing alright? You haven’t stopped by in a few days,is all okay?
Cudgee my Friend,you stay warm over there . Keep me posted on your sharpening device.
Chris, enjoy your day offhope you get out and find something fun to do besides laundry .
Boji, you mentioned crime and small businesses,espically pawn shops. A business associate of ours owns a few pawn shops here, and has all employees carry and pays for target practice. That and some other personal training ,gives them more confidence,but it’s like you said,not if ,but when it’ll happen. Even the small communities aren’t exempt anymore.
Okay Folks, need to get get into the big gear here and pack a lunch and roll shortly. Enjoy, or at least smile once in awhile and have a good one ::tu::
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Phil, these are going for pulp. The mills around here buy it. I gave them to the friend who took them down for me. They do make really nice paneling but I don't want to mess with them for that. They are gopher wood as far a firewood is concerned. You throw it in the fireplace and "go fer more". I heated my house with poplar for several years when we first built just because I had so much of it and it was free for the taking.____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”