First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cudgee

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by cudgee »

Louisville.Boy1947 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:12 pm Ripster , thanks for asking. My grandson has completed building 2 of the 3 items for his Eagle Scout project without any injuries or loss of limbs or life (just trying to be funny). The remaining item is really only a repair for the non-profit agency. Here are a couple of pictures. D68D460F-2323-4349-8FBA-86CFA2AE1625.jpeg
Great looking tool collection on the back board, that looks like how my Dad kept his tools. He liked to know where everything was, and if you used one and did not put it back in it's place-"well- you just didn't. " :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, enjoying a good cup of coffee getting ready for work. 76-92 and sunny. Seems summer has finally arrived. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Cudgee and David. Mornin' to the rest of the folks here in FCD. It is a warm 75º here and the humidity is down a little at 86%. Yesterday my car thermometer said it was 97º when I was out and about. Nuthin' much on the agenda for today.
I hope you all have a good one today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Been raining domesticated animals off and on all week. Grass is gonna be
knee-deep before I can cut it again. Suppose that's better than drought and fires . . . .

So, nuttin' special for today; a visit to my bone cracker, wally world, and laundry.
Probably a nap later . . . :mrgreen:

Have a grand pre - Friday dude and dudettes
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning , Coffee is good,good seeing folks stop by , hope you all are doing well.
Cudgee, that’s some weather you got over there , stay dry and safe. Thanks for feedback regarding the tree Kangaroo and your Rabbits. 100 Rabbits in one trip,that’s crazy. Am lucky to get one around here,with a dog even . You take care over there and watch out for flash floods
Boji, that’s a good size Dog,probably not spoiled at all. Our pets are important. We had to put our dog down last August , sure miss him. Maybe get another this winter,will see. Enjoy your time with each other .
Willie, Farming is a tough gig, so weather dependent,give you all credit. And Thanks for helping to feed our Communities. You all don’t get enough credit.
L boy, that’s a talented young man there. It’s neat that he’s that into it . You must be a proud G pa . Thanks for sharing the pics .
Well it’s Thursday already ,lot going on ,finish siding projec5 this week,still have our back yard tore up and topsoil piles showing up. And we have our local Car Club show Saturday,so Brother Jeff wants to take 4 Cars, so that means a bunch of polishing on the Winton ,Packard , and the Locomobile. We just got the locomobile, took it out ,runs out good,but needs a going over.
Need to get rolling to beat the heat a bit. You all stay safe,comfortable,enjoy your day
Attachments
F683995B-174B-422A-8AD7-C87B93C2FC6D.jpeg
5173A3B5-5A08-4272-B300-041326890F91.jpeg
3003316B-2ED0-4514-8B26-71DC25C95B66.jpeg
9EC49774-4415-410F-802A-6C08A3A4DA23.jpeg
456E4181-6652-4522-BA15-EE44FB012620.jpeg
AA55F05F-CD43-4E82-9F85-6649C6227352.jpeg
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Still high and dry around here. No bears for one whole day and the heat has backed off a little. Jp. Nice. It's been a long time since I had any vehicle worth washing, much less showing. Off to the kitchen remodel. have a great Thursday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
JP those are some beautiful automobiles. High today in the low 90's with a matching humidity.
Got some more knife work to do in the shop so that's where I'll be part of the day.
Everyone have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks!
Always interesting here on the FCD, from rabbits to Locomobiles. ::tu::
Work day today, and Miss Joy says she is cooking some rutabagas for dinner. She usually peels them and then I get to do the knife work, making them into little 1/2 inch cubes. I kinda' doubt I can do much on that project this go around with my shoulder brace and "restrictions". :( She also has some baking hens and I know there will be some sort of greens, cornbread and iced tea come about noon time. ::tu::
Went a day without rain, hit 90 yesterday. Looks to be rain showers in the forecast for 7 days beginning tomorrow. Typical Florida weather. I sure feel sorry for all the farmers who are experiencing the extreme rainfalls being recorded up in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, etc. Tough time of the year for so much water. Keep those folks in your prayers.
Miss Joy has the morning coffee ready so the day has officially started. Have a great day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Ripster wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 am Morning , Coffee is good,good seeing folks stop by , hope you all are doing well.
Cudgee, that’s some weather you got over there , stay dry and safe. Thanks for feedback regarding the tree Kangaroo and your Rabbits. 100 Rabbits in one trip,that’s crazy. Am lucky to get one around here,with a dog even . You take care over there and watch out for flash floods
Boji, that’s a good size Dog,probably not spoiled at all. Our pets are important. We had to put our dog down last August , sure miss him. Maybe get another this winter,will see. Enjoy your time with each other .
Willie, Farming is a tough gig, so weather dependent,give you all credit. And Thanks for helping to feed our Communities. You all don’t get enough credit.
L boy, that’s a talented young man there. It’s neat that he’s that into it . You must be a proud G pa . Thanks for sharing the pics .
Well it’s Thursday already ,lot going on ,finish siding projec5 this week,still have our back yard tore up and topsoil piles showing up. And we have our local Car Club show Saturday,so Brother Jeff wants to take 4 Cars, so that means a bunch of polishing on the Winton ,Packard , and the Locomobile. We just got the locomobile, took it out ,runs out good,but needs a going over.
Need to get rolling to beat the heat a bit. You all stay safe,comfortable,enjoy your day
Hey JP.. Need any drivers?? I will be right over.. ::ds:: Real nice selection of vehicles!! Have FUN you lucky dog!!! ::nod:: :lol: :lol: ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 am Morning , Coffee is good,good seeing folks stop by , hope you all are doing well.
JP, here are some photos of how bad our rabbit plague was back in the forties and fifties.
nma-45806631-001-wm-vs1-1400.jpg
Rabbits_in_Warren.jpg
images.jpg
images.jpg (15.93 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Waiting to load live rabbits onto a train.
Rabbits waiting to be loaded onto a train..jpg
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

JP, quite a variety of cars. Not near as old but I have one that is show worthy. 1974 MG Midget, AZ car that I bought in Scottsdale 6 years ago But currently not running :( :(
One carburetor isn’t getting gas.
4407D412-7F52-4223-AA82-3C0DE30CDA03.jpeg
More hot weather, chance of rain tonight. Sure need it. Have to feed my feathered friends and water my flowers. Then to work

Cudgel, that is tons of rabbits! I was aware of the problem but hadn’t seen any pictures.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Cudgee, did that rabbit proof fence actually work?
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
72 degrees with heavy low hanging clouds. Weatherman promises more rain today.. I have had enough! Cudgee and Ripster thanks for the comments. Yes, I am proud of my grandson. I enjoy the time spent with him. Strange thing about the work shop, I only started into building a shop until a few years before retirement. Before then I couldn't drive a nail. I never had a need to as my focus was on family, church, work and all that life generated. If something needed repaired I called a professional. Plumbing is still a challenge, but I try. As the children left home I had more time and the workshop developed along with my woodworking skills. Never having an abundance of money I had to take care of my tools, thus "everything has a place, and everything in it's place" .
I would like to hear more about the rabbits from down under and more about the locomobile. I will be tuning in often to hear more.
Yesterday our drain line from the a/c stopped up creating a small mess. Got it cleaned out and open...now for whatever reason I can hear water dropping into the drain pipe like an echoing drum when the air conditioner runs. Like I said, I am not so good with anything plumbing related. I will have to try to come up with a solution before this drum (water droppings) beat drives me crazy.
Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Boji wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:31 pm JP, quite a variety of cars. Not near as old but I have one that is show worthy. 1974 MG Midget, AZ car that I bought in Scottsdale 6 years ago But currently not running :( :(

More hot weather, chance of rain tonight. Sure need it. Have to feed my feathered friends and water my flowers. Then to work

Cudgel, that is tons of rabbits! I was aware of the problem but hadn’t seen any pictures.
Evening Boji, that’s a nice Midget ::tu::
Is it You that mentioned that you Race a Cooper or something like that .That’s one thing would like to do someday . Some form of Racing .
Thanks for showing us a pic of the MG , oughta get it running ::nod:: and go cruising around with it.
JP
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Evening folks.
The real work started when I got home.
And only stopped maybe 45 minutes ago.
Work tomorrow will be relaxing compared to getting home.
Got a real nice check. Sent one guy ten bucks and another eighty because the post office couldn't bust a twenty down.
But that guy said he'll throw in something I'll like for the extra ten.
Looking for the magic penny!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Ripster wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 am
Boji wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:31 pm JP, quite a variety of cars. Not near as old but I have one that is show worthy. 1974 MG Midget, AZ car that I bought in Scottsdale 6 years ago But currently not running :( :(

Is it You that mentioned that you Race a Cooper or something like that .That’s one thing would like to do someday . Some form of Racing .
Thanks for showing us a pic of the MG , oughta get it running ::nod:: and go cruising around with it.
That was me. 2009 Mini Cooper. Will be doing an Autocross a week from Saturday. Tight short course. I've had fast cars/sports cars/racing in blood for years, this is the only time it has been legal! Back in the 60's when I had a hot Corvette women weren't allowed to run at the local drag strips, or the dirt track oval circuit. I wish there were more Autocross races any where close by.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Boji wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 am

That was me. 2009 Mini Cooper. Will be doing an Autocross a week from Saturday. Tight short course. I've had fast cars/sports cars/racing in blood for years, this is the only time it has been legal! Back in the 60's when I had a hot Corvette women weren't allowed to run at the local drag strips, or the dirt track oval circuit. I wish there were more Autocross races any where close by.
Best of luck on your race mate; go fast, but be careful, don't want a crunch.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Boji wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 am

Hey that’s cool that you hung in there and kept racing. Good luck with the upcoming Autocross.
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Open for business, order at the counter as per usual, this will be brief, first day out of lockdown and i have been busy, so i am having an early night, plus it is cold, and a warm bed beckons. Enjoy your coffee everyone. ::tu::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

cudgee, thanks for the coffee, and good night, mate .
::tu::

As for the rest of you knife addicts . . . up and at 'em !
It's Friday and another weekend is waiting. Don't be late!
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
I'm in early, because I wasn't feeling good last night and went to bed early, so I got up at 4:30 this morning.
Staying in today and do some cleaning on my office. Will probably rearrange some of my knife displays with
some of my newer knives and ones that I haven't displayed in a long time.
Everyone have a wonderful Friday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Cudgee ,Hey thanks for the info on your rabbit problem. One more rabbit question,what the heck did you all do with all the dead rabbits. That’s a lot of bunnies to dispose of.
Morning Chris, your at it early. Like your statement about not wasting away the weekend ::tu::
And to all the rest of you here at FCD, Good Morning. One more day of high humidity,then more comfortable weather,just in time for the weekend .
Heading out early to work on Front entry Stoop and Gable end siding at our remodel/ addition project . Homeowners want more work done, she like ,” since you’re here can you do this or that. So might be end of next week before done there. Then have to get out to Car shop and help get Cars ready for tomorrow’s show.
John ,we could use drivers, if you weren’t so far away, we’d take you up on that . Have you had your street rod out yet? And was it you that had a show a few weeks ago ?
Boji , when in comes to these Autocross races ,do you do any training or prepping for it. And was it the Cooper that U drive in the race ?
L Boy, interesting how your woods hop came about, very nice shop,great organizing . That Locomobile was a Company started by Mr Durant who bought up companies and formed GM .The
Locomobile was around in the 1920 s for about 8 years,then went out of business . There aren’t many around,espically in running Condition .
Time to get my raggedy rear end moving . Have a great Friday,keep on smiling ,enjoy !
Morning David,you slid in while was pecking away with one finger . Hope you feel better .
JP
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' to all you denizens of the FCD. Kind of an early crowd this morning. Temp and humidity are about the same as yesterday at 76º and 84%. I do have a good cup that is just about the right temp for drinking and that is a good start to the day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning all. yesterday was brutal with the heat and humidity. It was still 85 out when I went to sleep last night. It's 55 now and today is suppose to better. Our brains were getting fried yesterday so we knocked off at 3 and called it a day. Not much planned for the weekend so I'll poke my way through today and see what happens. Have a great Friday.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin", Folks.
Waking up to another bright sunny morning. 72 degrees and clear so far. Looks like the closest rain is up in Montgomery and across to Columbus.
We had a good day yesterday and enjoyed our noon meal.
Several weeks ago our outside helper had a run-in with the bees that have been placed in one of our idle garden patches this season. He tried but they stung him a couple of times so he has not been mowing a fairly large strip of our normally mowed yard. He happened to see the bee-man and mentioned to him about not being able to get all his mowing done. The bee-man said he would take care of it some time soon. That was accomplished yesterday, when we got up from our afternoon nap he was out there mowing way more than he really needed to. It is interesting how different folks interact with bees and how the bees respond to them. ::hmm:: There are I think, 22 hives sitting there and some of them have 5 and 6 supers stacked on them already. They are working the Popcorn bloom (the invasive Chinese Tallow tree) at this time.
Coffee is about ready.
Y'all have a wonderful Friday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”