First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Couldn’t see the frost when I got up at 6:30 but we had a freeze last night. Got down to 31 degrees and we had frost on the ground. Low level fog this morning looks incredible when the sun comes up, you would think I was living in the Smoky Mountains, but it’s just a few low spots around this very flat area. Suppose to warm up to 71 today. With fall comes the giant swings in temperature.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Late bloomers in my front yard. Waiting for winter to cut them back. Got into gardening a few years back.
Attachments
B5670841-B11A-40BD-841F-BE6236CA0425.jpeg
E29F6E89-9356-4F39-8D41-50499398B9F5.jpeg
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Must be Fall. It's cool in the morning!
Coffee was good.
Work got me 5:28.
Got some different wheels for one of my cars.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:19 am
cudgee wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:26 am Might invest in a pod machine from Aldi,
They're opening a second Aldi this Friday at 34 Elizabeth Street, Prahran, VIC. Will that be any closer for you?
That's miles away, i have one 100 yards away from my current abode.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Paladin wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 am Mornin' folks here in the FCD. Chris, sounds like you have a busy day ahead. I am all spiffed up for Men's Devotional Breakfast this morning but nothing else planned for the day. The Deli has a hamburger special today and a small group of us old timers will get together for that.
It is a little warmer 62º right now but still very comfortable.
Hope you all have a dandy day.

Ray
A deli hamburger special, sure sounds good. I do love a good burger. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::tu:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:33 am Morning Fellas.
Not Sure if I missed her post or ?Is Boji on a road trip,thought she mentioned going to Ca.
It’s been busy here . It’s that time of year where everyone calls there local contractors to get there stuff done before freeze up .The phones are ringing constantly at brother Jeff’s desk . I sure am happy that my semi retirement means don’t have to deal with calls . And then it’s prime musky fishing and the weather is just right for bow hunting . So work might have to wait a week or 2 after this next few days .
Cudgee. 2 bucks for a cup o coffee! If we did the math right , at home by the 12 cup pot we’re paying about 15 cents a cup . We brew with Folgers and do about medium strength. You would save a lot by getting the ALDI machine. We shop there for some food and can save a bit .
Scott ( triple F ) take care of yourself with that Cold .
Bestgear, How’s the new home coming along ? Believe you mentioned it is to be your retirement place.
Have a great day out there !
Yes mate, i think the Aldi pod coffee works out at about 30 cents a cup, and it is good coffee, with many different strengths. I buy quite a few staples from Aldi, they are of excellent quality. Some of their stuff has improved dramatically since they moved here. A lot of their stuff was rubbish, and people voted with their feet, but they improved and have firmly established themselves here now. This is a good thing, we had 2 supermarkets that dominated with 80% of the market, so competition had made them all lift their game. :)
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Dentist found more work to do in my mouth. Little hygienist actually asked if I wanted bridgework
to replace 2 teeth I had pulled 25 years ago !
::uc::

So the pot is singing and another hump day is dawning. Yawl git at it . .. .. .
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Don't know why I'm up at this time of the night, but my pillow is calling and I'm going back to it. Have a good one.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Good Morning FCD
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends, coffee and work, 66-85 and chance of rain. Keep yur powder dry!
Attachments
proxy-image (25) (1).jpeg
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' to all you early risers and mornin' to those who come later. My camel has been flogged and I am ready for the rest of the day. It is 60º right now and will cool off another couple of degrees before it starts going up to about 90º this afternoon.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone.
SSK. The fog you mention makes a area feel mysterious in a way .
Cudgee, yep,ALDIs isn’t a bad way to go . Have to be careful here with the produce, sometimes not the freshest .
Boji. Sounds like you had a fun time . Good to see you back . And next week is your California trip ?
Well we all made it to Hump day . The valley is bustling with farmers harvesting , Contractors working into the darkness . It’s busy around here for sure . The talk of early freeze has Concrete Contractors hustling. Will get today in at a site and then the rest of the week will be some bow hunting . Not sure if we will go after Musky this fall . It’s been a good run so far this year. Will try to finish it off strong .
Oscar ,nice shrubs at the homestead there ! A jalapeño omelette sounds great , hmmmmm.
It’s time to pack a lunch and a coffee to go and get after it. You all take care out there .
JP
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Celebrating any temp that begins with a 6!! It's 62 degrees here in WCFLA!!!!
Forecast calls for lows that begin with a 6 for the next 10 days!! ::ds::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. The morning temps are still holding around the 50's and 60's but they keep telling us it's going to cool down. Rain is supposed to come in during the night. the fall colors exploded this past week with the brilliant reds and oranges now on a background of yellow and still a lot of green. You can see almost every tree in a thick forest because so many have different colors, even on the same species. We finished the window job and now it's back to the house except there is three or four small jobs to stick in there somehow, that need to get done somehow before winter. There's a small gun/knife show this weekend up North that I'd love to get to. We'll see how that plays. Supper at church tonight with Bible study. Have a good Wednesday.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Not much on the agenda for today. We're getting more into Fall like weather but it's pretty moderate compared to the weather some of y'all are getting. Didn't get much sleep last night so I'm a little lethargic this morning. The only thing on my must do list is watch the last Cubs game of 2022 and repeat the historical lament of a Cubs fan, "Maybe next year". Ahh but we'll always have 2016.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Our Fall weather is holding on too! Another 50-degree morning, I noticed the relative humidity is back up in the 80% range this morning. We made it to 90 degrees yesterday but very pleasant!
Heard a strange noise the other day while I was driving our old woods cart, turned out to be another front wheel bearing. Had a spare bearing and a seal and got that taken care of yesterday. Spent a half hour hunting my small hydraulic jack. Miss Joy came out to the barn and said, "I see your both of your jacks together!" I knew where my Handyman jack (Hight lift) was and behind it on the steps of the shop was my little bottle jack, hiding in plain sight. ::facepalm:: ::shrug:: I know y'all never lose things like I do. :)
Coffee is about ready.
Y'all have a great "hump day"!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

A late good morning all. Just got up a bit ago cuz I was up till after 2AM. Doing what? Booking stuff for my next trip that starts a week from today. South and east this time. First 5 days in Branson visiting my son, collector car auction and a Ricky Skaggs concert. Then on to Kentucky for 3 days and a couple of bourbon distillery tours. Then to North Carolina.
Not near as easy to plan as my trips to AZ and CA as I’ve done those several times.
Errands to do today, bank, PO, drug store. Gotta get moving!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon y'all.
Coffee was good.
Marquee was sale items.
Got two vehicles to give to Zak at work.
Gonna swap wheels on both and maybe paint one.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:37 am Good Morning FCD
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

cudgee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:57 pm
OSCAR wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:37 am Good Morning FCD
That they are. I sauté the peppers in butter, add onions if I have some and cheese. Great for breakfast with a mug of hot coffee.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good morning Diners, i think we should get Oscar in to cook up some jalapeno omelettes, they do sound good. Was cruising around the threads today there have been some beautiful knives being posted. All quite here, going to have an early night, getting up early to get some exercise in before the predicted rain and possible storms. Have a good one. :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy folks, coffee and work. 50-84 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING FCD
Its a crisp 51 degrees with a high of 80. Critters kept me up last night. I’ve got a hard enough time falling asleep, so after my 40 pound dog jumped on my chest, the trio spent the rest of the night in another room. I can’t be mad at them though.
Bought some scorpion pepper cheese at Aldi yesterday. Will add to this morning’s omelette. I think this pepper ranks number 2 as far as hottest. It’s a hybrid though. Hottest natural is the ghost pepper. Grown here, but the one I buy is imported from its native India.
Coffee is brewing, and I’m trying to wake up some. No definite plans today but I’ll probably go to the gym.
Have a great day everyone
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I noticed this morning that after a dip into the high three dollar range, gas is back up over four dollars in my neck of the woods. Boy, that will put a dark spot on your day.

Gas Buddy's general nation wide prices.
Attachments
Gas Prices 10-6-22.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Todays temps are heading into the low 40's for the afternoon's high and low 30's tonight. My son's wife called him at work yesterday to tell him their fuel oil bill (they pay monthly to get a better rate) was doubling from about $180 per month to around $375 a month. According to Biden, that's about 8%. I picked up groceries for Jane and I last week and without getting anything but the basics, spent just under $300 for what would have been just over $100 a few months ago. There goes another 8%. This new math is hard to swallow. I just called to get my propane tank filled. That sure won't be good news. I'm off to work where I haven't raised my rate in over 10 years. Have a great Thursday.____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”