First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cudgee

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by cudgee »

Paladin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:24 pm
cudgee wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:02 pm
Paladin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am Mornin' guys and gal. I woke up early but managed to get back to sleep in the recliner. It'll be a busy day for me as I have a show in Bastrop this weekend. I'll go set up today and be ready to go on Saturday morning. :D
Hope you all have a fine day.

Ray
The show in Bastrop, do you stay over or is it close enough to travel back and forwards?
I drive back and forth.. It is about 35 or 40 miles from my home. At my age, I try to do shows within driving distance in order to avoid overnights. Plus, the expense factor goes thru the roof.

Ray
::tu:: Hope it is a successful weekend, and you are so correct about the expense factor, they can destroy your profit margin. ::doh::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning all, we are open for business. Grab a coffee and a chat about your weekend plans. Hope you all have a good one, and Ray hope your table brings some profit. Not much happening here in Lockdown capitol of the world. Our dictator premier is announcing our road out of Lockdown tomorrow morning, yeah right. You may gather that i am rather skeptical, enough of politics, i don't want to ruin your coffee. Have a good one. ::tu:: :)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Too early in the morning for coffee. I'm crawling back in the rack. See y'all later.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

It's another rooster wakeup call!
I am putting some sausage in the skillet to go with eggs, hash browns, and toast with Concord jelly. If that is too much for you, then grab the Oreos and milk! Have a great Saturday folks! 8)
Attachments
images.jpeg.jpg
images.jpeg.jpg (12.48 KiB) Viewed 818 times
Ike
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy crew, good golly look at all the early birds. Having some coffee and getting ready for work. 68-91 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and Boji. I am going to grab a quick cup and then take off for the big city of Bastrop. I'll make a stop at Buckie's for a breakfast sandwich and maybe another cuppa coffee by then.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' folks.
Headin' out to a communoity sale here in a few. Wish me luck!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good luck mate. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Waukonda wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:51 am It's another rooster wakeup call!
I am putting some sausage in the skillet to go with eggs, hash browns, and toast with Concord jelly. If that is too much for you, then grab the Oreos and milk! Have a great Saturday folks! 8)
That ain't too much for me, i'll have the eggs however they come. ::sotb:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :)
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone
Ike, the Oreo and coffee is right up my alley today ::nod:: not much on big breakfast but a big lunch sets well . Heading downtown to finish up Exterior Door and Window replacement at Church,have a couple other guys from the trades showing up so it ought to go well. This Afternoon our 28 year old Son wants help moving stuff so that’ll finish up today.
Scott. Good luck out there at the sales.
Cudgee, so you will be off lockdown soon or are they just messing with you?
DjDave. Enjoy your time at the knife club meeting. This Summer has kept us busy here,hoping to get over there next month.
Dave in Texas. Reading your post about your meeting with the Builder you chose and remember all the times clients would be blown away at the projected costs of building. Like you know there’s a lot of decisions to make and that affects the cost. When we started our business it was less than 50 bucks a square foot now have heard 150 a square foot or more for Custom . Hang in there with the process and hope you can build the house you want.
Time to gather up the tool belt and head out. You all have a good one,stay safe.
JP
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Mornin' all. Been a while since I poked my head through the door here at the Diner. I'm in a motel in Beckley, West Virginia at the moment. We have been on a week long road trip of the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you are like me and love big views and curvy roads through dense woodlands, this trip is for you ! I've had a great time. Along with the scenery we've enjoyed a visit to Mt. Airy, the town that inspired "Mayberry" on the Andy Griffith Show. We also have been to Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home, and Appomattox Courthouse where Robert E. Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant ending the Civil War. I'll try to post a few pictures in the appropriate forum at a later time. Later this morning we will hit the road for the final leg of our journey, traveling from here to home once more.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Good luck Ray and Scott at your knife ventures. Mine got canceled so I'm just doing some stuff around the homestead today. The water line to our fridge broke the other day and cleaned the floor under it before I could get down in the basement and shut off the line so I suppose I'll head to the hardware store for a new line. That's not as much fun as a knife club meeting but it will cost me less. Have a great weekend.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks! Looks like the FCD is crowded this morning. :)
Looks like everyone is busy today, I think we are going to stay around the place. Still too wet to plow, literally. Had a safe trip to Panama yesterday and the doctor visit was okay, he said come back in a year. I reckon that means the shoulder is good to go. Clouds are still pretty thick, another 0.8" rain yesterday, good chance for more showers during the day.
Miss Joy says the coffee is ready, so the day has officially started!
Y'all be careful out there ramblin' around today!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks,🌡 standing at 70 this a.m. May hit the 80's later, rained all day yestiddy didn't amount to but about a half a inch, everything is soggy though even smells musky out in the yard, hopefully it will dry up in a bit, this time of year we generally have some dry weather.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
20210911_082832.jpg
Nothing much on the agenda today may try to get trash and cardboard to the trash/ recycle dump.
Farmer sounds like you are getting back to normal. ::tu::
Good luck on the sales fellers and I hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Late to breakfast, pass the Oreos please. I like everything that is “normal breakfast “ but not in the morning. Lunch or supper yes. I usually have a banana and something a little sweet, toast & jam or a muffin.

Weather has been on a yo-yo, cool, hot, today warm.

Work should get make closer to normal next week.
My business partner sprung her hubby from the hospital COVID hell. 13 days in hospitals, 8 or 9 of it in intensive care.
One of the Docs didn’t agree so he had to sign out AMA.
He will have to have frequent blood work and checks on kidney function.
Hope all goes well for a complete recovery.

Need more coffee. Have a good weekend all!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

bighomer wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:50 pm Morning folks,🌡 standing at 70 this a.m. May hit the 80's later, rained all day yestiddy didn't amount to but about a half a inch, everything is soggy though even smells musky out in the yard, hopefully it will dry up in a bit, this time of year we generally have some dry weather.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
20210911_082832.jpg
Nothing much on the agenda today may try to get trash and cardboard to the trash/ recycle dump.
Farmer sounds like you are getting back to normal. ::tu::
Good luck on the sales fellers and I hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Boy oh boy, that is some sorta feast right there bud!!

P.S. - No knives today but I scored a Hudson Leather jacket that probably weighs 10+ pounds.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Happy Saturday as if it is possible.
Coffee was fine.
Ended the week at 33.28
Wish I had more to report but I don't.
Looking for the magic penny!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TripleF wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:20 pm No knives today but I scored a Hudson Leather jacket that probably weighs 10+ pounds.
I don't imagine that is exactly a hot commodity in your neck of the woods!

Good early afternoon to all. Currently finishing the last of the coffee in the pot. Some knife maintenance should be done today, and a new video is in the pipeline. Hopefully I'll see no rain. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's still a couple of hours until the butt crack of dawn and you could shoot a shotgun through this place and not hit anybody so I think I'll crawl back in the rack and see if I can get a couple more winks before the sun shows it's shiny face. ::yawn::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Security opened up for us, but he has gone back to bed. Hope everyone is ok and having good weekend, for those attending enjoy your Sunday services. Enjoy your coffee and your day. ::tu:: :) ::pray::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Jerry and Cudgee. Mornin' to the rest of the group here in the FCD. I have my first cup coolin' out a little and like Jerry, I think I'll wolf it down and try to get another little bit of shut-eye in before heading out to the show. Yesterday's show was a good one. The crowd was large and steady up until about 3pm.
Hope you all have a blessed day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Church and adult Sunday School in a few hours and Creation Series tonight and nothing in between so it should be a nice relaxing day. Have a good one.____Dave
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Paladin wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:29 am Mornin' Jerry and Cudgee. Mornin' to the rest of the group here in the FCD. I have my first cup coolin' out a little and like Jerry, I think I'll wolf it down and try to get another little bit of shut-eye in before heading out to the show. Yesterday's show was a good one. The crowd was large and steady up until about 3pm.
Hope you all have a blessed day today.

Ray
Glad yesterday was good, hope you have another good'un today. ::woot:: ::nod::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Knifers.
Looks to be another cloudy day, kinda off color yellow sky earlier. ::skeptic:: Rain coming ashore over around Freeport, I suppose we'll have some sometime today. Yesterday we had a pretty heavy rain during the football games, lost satellite for a bit.
Church in a couple of hours, it appears Miss Joy is making homemade spaghetti sauce out of venison for today's dinner. ::nod::
Hope y'all have a wonderful day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
That's great Ray, I hope today is even better, sell those knives.
Even though we are living in the city right now we are still attending our country church. It's about a 45 minute drive from here so we have to get around and ready a little earlier, but of course we are not attending all of the weekly services like we did before. Better get going, everyone have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”