First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. All this talk about ribs and squash this time of the morning makes my stomach roll a little. I love both of them in the evening but in the morning they sound awful. That's just me and the way I'm wired. Pancakes, eggs and bacon sound great. We didn't get the slab ready so that's on the schedule for the day. Have a great Tuesday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
Great weekend, relaxed and cooked hot dogs and burgers on the grill for the grandkids.
I need to renew my car tags today and maybe get a haircut.
Everyone have a blessed week and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone,another beautiful day upon us. Well today is rather busy out at the car shop. We have another 33 Packard showing up from St Louis ,and then we have to get the Austin
Healy ready to load up as we sold it last week . The Amphicar is also sold and will be getting that ready for transport as well . Then maybe get some lunch and onto other things .
Boji, hope your test is negative. Hang in there . It is frustrating this whole Covid mess .
Cudgee,you sure make a mean plate of grub . We didn’t do much over the weekend. Had a cookout and visit with some of the family. How about you ,what you been up to lately.
Ike,it’s good hearing from you hear at the Diner. Did you ever get to the Leinie Lodge up here, and how about those
Klements Brats. They’re still the best,has Johnsonville beat all to heck. We just had some over the weekend,and was thinking about you and how I could get you some ::hmm::
Ray, hang in there with that nerve pain. We call it the psychotic nerve cause it drives you nuts.
Well all you knifers,time to get another cup and check out the forum and go from there. Have a good one out there and stay safe!!
JP
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, been sitting outside drinking a cup of coffee watching the new day dawn. Domestic chores today getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. Happy trails!
David
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Sleeping in seems to have become the norm around here while we are quarantining. Maybe we'll get a negative test today. Miss Joy was up before me and made the coffee. We had a very low key day yesterday, just a bunch of phone calls from friends and family checking on us. We did get some great news concerning Joy's dad. He has decided to sell his house and property to a grandson and his wife who have been looking after him for several years.
He bought the place about 20 years ago and has never lived there, he has stayed at the old home place alone and has finally decided he might need a little more help seeing how he is now 97 years old. He sold his business along with an orange grove and the old home place probably 25 years ago. The new owner told him he could live in the house as long as he wanted to stay. A long story but he kept "privileges" at the butcher pen and has been processing a few cattle each month up until a few months ago.
Y'all have a great Tuesday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Ripster wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:26 pm and how about those
Klements Brats.
You just had to do that, didnt you? :wink: No, I haven't made it up that way to get any, but it may be soon. Yes, they are the best! I had the obligatory 3 day weekend grilled hotdogs over the last few days and I am ready for something better.
Have already had the dog out and he is sprawled on the floor while I am Having some coffee and pie, no ribs n squash. Not much planned today, need to go to DMV but may put it off.
Ike
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Sitting here on hold waiting to get thru to the medical center for appointment for Covid test.
Ray, my opinion of spaghetti squash, they are excellent for target practice.
I've been on hold for 15 minutes
Finally got thru to the medical center, have to have a regular appointment with Dr. to get tested. My Dr. is off today, got 2 PM appoint with somebody I never heard of. Try to do the right thing and hit a wall. Bring back the walk-in testing.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Boji wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:54 pm Sitting here on hold waiting to get thru to the medical center for appointment for Covid test.
Finally got thru to the medical center, have to have a regular appointment with Dr. to get tested. My Dr. is off today, got 2 PM appoint with somebody I never heard of. Try to do the right thing and hit a wall. Bring back the walk-in testing.
I know it a pain, but going through your doctors practice is a much better way, you have all your records together in one place, i have seen too many stuff up's at those walk in centers, record go missing or are not recorded properly, at your doctors you can also get proof of vaccination a lot easier which you will need at some stage. And a lot easier when you have to get your booster shot next year. Hope everything is okay and you get a neg result. ::nod::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
Coffee was very good.
At work I fixed the mop squasher I use.
Tomorrow I will see if it stays fixed.
I walk a minimum of 2 miles and probably more at work 6 days a week.
But my legs are not getting better.
It must be old age catching up with me.
Looking for the magic penny!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I'll post this tonight because most of you are here in the mornings before I am.
Well, the Dr. visit turned out to be a fiasco. Can't get the rapid Covid test unless you have symptoms/are sick. ::dang:: One is supposed to be able to get that if you have been in close contact with a known case, which I was. Got pissed and walked out. If I gotta wait 3 days for results I'll go to the County Health office and get the do-it-yourself spit test. Did find out my blood pressure was great 116/68 and my oxygen level was 99 and I'd lost 3 pounds. Now Medicare gets billed for a useless office visit. ::shrug::
Did a lot of online searching tonight, no rapid testing available within 100 miles unless your are already sick.
So, I'm having a double Markers Mark on the rocks and heading to bed.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Been awhile since I opened up the joint; cudgee is slackin' . . . :lol:

Another hump day and another camel to flog ... a never ending cycle I suppose.

So. without further adieu . . . FCD is open for your daily fix
::handshake::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, best get this coffee down and head to work. Later
Attachments
proxy-image (4).jpeg
proxy-image (4).jpeg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 781 times
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We had another nice rain last night that wasn't expected. We are still about 10 inches below normal and our lakes and ponds are still low. Everyone is trying to figure out what this means for winter, and of course it means pretty much nothing. I'm 74 and I can't remember the "experts" ever getting it right. Of course I sometimes can't remember if I ate breakfast or not, so don't go by me either. We got a good start on our son's siding yesterday and may hit it once more before we get rolling on our regular jobs. Have a great Wednesday.____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. Nothing much on the agenda for the day. The temp is sitting on 68º right now and that may be our 1st sign that fall is beginning or at least in the cards, so to speak.
The Bride and I went to the grocery store yesterday and picked up some bagels so I'm betting that is on tap for breakfast. With our blood sugar issues, this is a rare treat. I'll smear some butter on mine and top it off with cream cheese. My blood sugar will be high tomorrow morning but what the heck!
Hope you all have a good day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone, another hump day for some,just another day for others. It’s another dandy of a day here ,mid 70 s ,baby blue sky.
Not much happening on today’s ticket. Have some more seeding to do in the back yard . Wife and I was talking last night how all 6 of our prior homes we built then sold several years later,never really enjoying the yard. This home is our last one,intent anyway, and it’ll be nice to finally be done and be able to sit and enjoy the fruits of our labor . Sent a couple of cares down the road yesterday, sometimes wonder if we should keep one or two more,but it’s only iron,and now somebody else can enjoy them .
Boji You did good girl,more patience than I have . This whole thing is just a blinking mess ,hang in there .
Philip,have you been given the green light. Are you and the wife back to full strength?
Cudgee, sometimes I thinkyou all have the right idea about lockdown. We are sure in a mess over here ,not sure what it will take here . Do you feel it’s workin for your country?
Suppose better get dressed and get the birds fed and find some breakfast myself. You all have a good one out there and stay safe.
JP
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Ripster wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:10 pm
Cudgee, sometimes I thinkyou all have the right idea about lockdown. We are sure in a mess over here ,not sure what it will take here . Do you feel it’s workin for your country?
I am not posting this to be political, or taking a postion one way or the other, I threw up my hands on the issue long ago. I was just reminded by the previous post that I had seen this and decided to share.

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy and can enjoy this nice, late summer day.
Attachments
01FF04BJZSVDXBZBGWHNASQP9Q.jpeg.jpg
Ike
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', FCD!
We are enjoying a rain this morning, not that we need it but it sure made some fine sleeping! Started around 4 am and still falling. we had 1.3" yesterday around middle of the afternoon, have no idea what has fallen this morning. The radar shows it is not over.
Responding to JP's question, yes we are out of quarantine! I was reading Boji's account of doctor's procedures and it appears we were blessed with no problems getting tested. They office girl simply said, "Remember, we are closed for lunch from 12 to 1. Just call us when you get here and the nurse will come to your car and take a sample." We did and in about 30 minutes we got the call, we both tested negative. We still haven't regained our strength, that is the most aggravating part of this.
Coffee is just now ready, Joy fed here wild critters and barn cats while I enjoyed hearing the rain on the metal roof!
Y'all have a great hump day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 lows in the 50's highs low 80's I like it.
Critters are all fed and the dishes warshed.
The boss has got a Dr.'s app. and we are gonna visit and have a bite to eat with some friends that live near the Dr.'s office.
Got my bushhogging done yestiddy and will probably cut the grass tomorrow or Friday so not much in the way of work planned for today.
Farmer glad to hear that you and miss Joy are on the mend. My next door neighbor only lost his sense of smell when he had it, no fever or weakness. My friend Ricky nearly died, was on a vent for dang near a month and probably will never get back to his normal self. My brother in law was real sick for about a month and after over a year still feels the effects of it. We've lost a few folks in the community to it. It's a crazy disease. ::hmm::
We are having a bunch of controversy about mask mandates in the schools around here. ::shrug:: hope one day we will get rid of this virus, through either vaccines or herd immunity. But I figure I'll die of something else before that happens.
Oh well I'm gonna get another cuppa joe and ponder on it awhile.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
Well here in the asphalt jungle of DFW we are getting a little rain this morning.
I've got to go back to Denton today for a couple of things before Bible study this evening, but that's all I have going on.
Everyone have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Boji wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:54 pm Sitting here on hold waiting to get thru to the medical center for appointment for Covid test.
Can you get tested through the CVS drug stores up there in Iowa?

CVS is one of the many locations set up for testing down here in Texas. Not all of them, only the ones with drive-through phamacies.

When my mother and I had to get tested last week, I signed us up on line for the testing at the nearest CVS (had to pick a day 2 or more days out due to lack of openings), went there, got tested via the drive-through window (the Pharmacy Tech handed us the swabs through the dispensary bucket), swabbed our own noses/sinuses per instructions, dropped the swabs in the receptical and about 30 hours later got email test results. No fee to us.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
Nobody knows what it means but the Marquee says
Six Out Of
Seven Dwarves
Aren't Happy

Coffee was good.
Looking for the magic penny!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:36 pm
Can you get tested through the CVS drug stores up there in Iowa?

CVS is one of the many locations set up for testing down here in Texas. Not all of them, only the ones with drive-through phamacies.

When my mother and I had to get tested last week, I signed us up on line for the testing at the nearest CVS (had to pick a day 2 or more days out due to lack of openings), went there, got tested via the drive-through window (the Pharmacy Tech handed us the swabs through the dispensary bucket), swabbed our own noses/sinuses per instructions, dropped the swabs in the receptical and about 30 hours later got email test results. No fee to us.
No CVS around here, did find Walgreens about 25 miles away that offered drive thru testing. But I have had the PCR (nasal) testing done multiple times thru Public Health, no way I'd get that sucker up there where is needs to be doing it myself. Either that or the Public Health nurses enjoyed torturing everyone. Maybe I should have tried it. I did pickup the saliva test kit today, hopefully I can spit enough for it.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Just Plain Dave wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:47 pm Afternoon folks.
Nobody knows what it means but the Marquee says
Six Out Of
Seven Dwarves
Aren't Happy

Coffee was good.
:lol: Cool marquee. Made me grin.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I like the dwarf joke as well. ::tounge::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open, enjoy your coffee. In these troubled times i have a good story. Today i had a dental appointment, it was supposed to be last Monday but they rang me last week and asked if i could come in today, not a problem. I have had 2 appointments cancelled because of lockdown, anyway they said that they were most appreciative that i could come in today it saved them coming in just for a couple of appointments on Monday, they can only see emergencies or long term patients having ongoing treatment. So today the 1 hour appointment was complimentary, which was very good of them, they did not have to do it, considering the backlog of patients they have when things open up. Have another coffee on me. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”