First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Quick Steel »

John, you just know Tucker is going to show up when you feed him goodies like that. Heck, I'd show up myself. :)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:22 pm John, you just know Tucker is going to show up when you feed him goodies like that. Heck, I'd show up myself. :)
:lol: :lol: He gets fed right.. He just left so now the clean up begins.. And we love it!!! ::nod::

Thanks Ray.. He is my buddie!! And growing like a weed..
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Since mice can get through the smallest of cracks and holes I have been busy since getting home!
We are going to get stuff like a battery for the mower and such.
33.17 to finish the week.
Coffee was OK.
More mice detterence after while.....
Looking for the magic penny!
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Just Plain Dave wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:13 pm Since mice can get through the smallest of cracks and holes I have been busy since getting home!
We are going to get stuff like a battery for the mower and such.
33.17 to finish the week.
Coffee was OK.
More mice detterence after while.....
When mouse-proofing, don't forget to stuff a square of screen wire up into your water heater pop-off valve drain and your drip pan drain.

The outlets will be outside somewhere near the water heater where they come out of the wall or under the house if the drains, illegally per most codes, dump straight under the house (for a pier and beam). A pier and beam water heater installation CAN be run under a house, but the actual terminal end of the pipes is to be outside the house perimeter.

Mice and rats will crawl into the pipes as they are an open highway for them. Soon to be followed by rat snakes, king snakes and rattlesnakes following the mouse/rat odor.

I never gave the drains a thought over years of mouse-proofing until I opened a closet one morning that had a water heater in it only to find a 4+ ft rat snake in the drain pan wrapped around the water heater.

My first thought was "Oh, S^&*!!" before realizing it was NOT a rattler.

My second thought was "I guess it was looking for warmth."

My 3rd was "How the hell did it get in?" The answer to that question was it's tail sticking a couple inches into the drip pan drain hole.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Three more areas mouse proofed.
I'll check out the water heater.
Looking for the magic penny!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Coffee's on fellas.
Takin' a couple grandsons fishing in an hour....we'll be pond hopping!
Then work, work, work all day long...
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Scott, Coffee sure tasting good ! Woke up thinking it was Monday , but Sunday works fine too.
The weather is cooling down and feels like Fall today. Been seeing a few more flocks of Geese passing thru. Our land is right by the Chippewa River ,and with the Corn harvested in some fields, they’re landing right by us every night ,the other morning we had a bunch of Sand hill Cranes.Don’ t usually see Cranes grouped up but that morning 6 of them hung out together.
Not much going on today ,maybe fire up the grill , stop by and watch a little football with the in laws.
Then this evening get a nice fire going and make up some hobo dinners and toss them in the fire for Supper. If weather clears may have to get some pics of the fall colors. As Dave said earlier,
the colors are really popping ,but it won’t last long.
That’s about it here today, You all enjoy your Sunday ,have a good one, and stay safe.
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning Scott. Good luck fishing. I haven't done that in years. Church in a few hours. The all day Return Prayer meeting yesterday (via Zoom) was awesome. I wish I could have been there in person. It sure appears USA just might be about ready to take a turn in direction unless our stubborn ways get in the way. There is so much wrong with our society that I have no idea where God would even start, but I do know He's the only one that could do it and the Bible doesn't seem to indicate a big change in societies based on prophetic passages of the last days, except in the hearts of individuals. This next election almost certainly will show us if USA has any kind of future left or if this is about it for us as a free nation having any influence in the world. I think this is the last Sunday of outside services and I think we are starting having a split service next week. Have a great Sunday and be safe out there in this evil world.____Dave....Good morning Ripster. See you joined us.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Dave, how’s the hip treating you? Hope your feeling better
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Ripster wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 am Morning Dave, how’s the hip treating you? Hope your feeling better
Yeah thanks. I'm almost back to feeling the way an old geezer is suppose to feel and walking normal without the cane to keep me from tipping over.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!!!
Dave I watch a good portion of The Return yesterday and I loved it, I just wish I would have seen a larger crowd there.
Church this morning and tonight with a nap in between. Everyone have a blessed day and please be safe. :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Hi. Currently 59 going to 79. A couple of workman did some stuff on the house yesterday. Will be back next Friday and Saturday to finish up.
No change in colors here as of now. Oaks have dropped a lot of acorns.
Peace and health.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
Summer is still in gear here in the Panhandle of Florida temperature wise. We got back to 90 yesterday, no rain, it's overcast this morning.
J.P., you paint a pretty picture describing your fall surroundings. ::tu:: Like Garry, we also have some acorns falling on the roof from the Live Oak, they're not very big this year.
Our son and his family visited with us yesterday. Miss Joy suggested we eat a real early lunch and rest a bit before they got in before noon. So we were resting, the dogs were resting, sometime later we heard a hound baying. Momma said, " They are here." Their Basset Hound was on the porch but they, our son, his wife and their little boy had got on the old golf cart and rode around the farm for about a half hour. When they finally got back to the house, grandson Dawson reached down in his little pocket and handed me some shelled corn. He said, "We checked out the deer feeder!" Had a good visit and they headed back to Thomasville before dark.
Last night we watched FSU extend their record to 0-2. They also extended their record of being sacked the most of any division 1 team in the last 5 or 6 years. Going to buy me a Clemson cap! ::facepalm::
Church is a few hours and hopefully a good Sunday afternoon siesta.
Y'all have a blessed day and stay safe.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TripleF wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:54 am
Then work, work, work all day long...
Scott, it's only work if you don't enjoy what you're doing.
JD The Philosopher
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good mornin' crew. Boy-o-boy did Texas ever stink it up on the gridiron yesterday. They won in overtime but didn't really deserve it. The defense needs a severe overhaul.
Hope you all have a blessed day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Knifers.
Cloudy/overcast and 73 degrees this morning. We had 1.5" yesterday morning while we were at church, the dirt roads are a mess again. ::nod::
Been waiting for the ground to dry up a bit so I can finish mowing the back and south side yards and now the front and the north side around the garden spots are already needing it again. ::shrug:: Lots of Pecan leaves falling and the little pumpkin patch is still trying.
Got the coffee ready.
Need to post some pictures of a several new knives that are now residing at Starvation Plantation as a result of my birthday.
Y'all have a wonderful Monday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I've been raking leaves as fast as they fall trying to keep ahead of them. It gets overwhelming if I wait until they are inches deep. It rained here last night and is suppose to rain on and off for the next few days. Work keeps piling up for the fall and my grand-daughter's wedding is next weekend so this is going to be a busy week. Praying it will be a good one for you all. ____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning all, another Monday upon us . Rainy and cool here, good day to stay inside, got plenty of things can do ,like finish trimming out my Wife’s studio, hang peg board in shop in basement,build shelves. Or maybe a good book is in order, will see, Coffee first ,then make a decision, maybe a good book instead today. Will take it one hour at a time ,take care folks.
JP
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good More All. 65degrees and overcast here in Kentucky. Weatherman continues to promise rain but he has been promising rain for several days and has been wrong. We will be off to the dentist as my wife of 51 years broke a tooth last night. How does one break a tooth while eating a donut? Best to everyone...stay healthy and safe.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Louisville.Boy1947 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:27 pm Good More All. 65degrees and overcast here in Kentucky. Weatherman continues to promise rain but he has been promising rain for several days and has been wrong. We will be off to the dentist as my wife of 51 years broke a tooth last night. How does one break a tooth while eating a donut? Best to everyone...stay healthy and safe.
Welcome to the diner .! Always good to hear from another knifer. Good bunch of folks that hang out around here. Hope your wife isn’t in pain ! And yes, how does one break a tooth on a donut!! Heck of a donut heh.
All kidding aside , thanks for stopping by and come on in again.
JP
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!!!
The wind blew like crazy last night, but not a lot of rain. The cold front
came through and we woke up to 60 degrees this morning. It feels good
out there to me. I really need to get my yard mowed, but I don't know
if I will get it done today or tomorrow. Got some paperwork to do so
maybe tomorrow. Everyone have a blessed day and please be safe. :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. 74 with 90% humidity; chance of rain.
A female cardinal turned up for lunch yesterday.
Feeling really sleepy and slow this morning.
Take care.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Was up at 0400 for a head call but crawled back in the rack. Up now so I guess it's time to start the day. The prognosticators are calling for highs in the 60's then 50's over the next ten days so. It's beginning to look like Fall has fallen. Feels a little nippy in here this morning so it's time to turn the furnace back on. Maybe a trip to the library for the first time since this insanity started & stop back by the grocery store on the way home 'cause I'm flat outta milk and we can't have that.

Louisville.Boy1947, I too would like to welcome you to the FCD. It's kinda like the wood stove down at the general store.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning, awoke to sunshine now it raining the cold front is here early i guess. Got the feeders out and filled before the rain hit.
The boss and myself and sissy the dog had breakfast so that's out of the way, nothing to look forward to but dinner and supper.
Was planning on some yard work before the weather changed but that's out now.
May get into a book my own self.
Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
PS Welcome to the diner LB'47 pull up a chair and sit a spell, I'll get us another cuppa joe.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Ripster, Quick Steel, and JerryD6818 thanks for the welcome. Quick Steel it is good to hear from another Kentuckian on the forum, ...looks like you may be in Marion county. Not too far from where I was born in Knifley (Adair county). I look forward to participating.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”