First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Knifers.
Cloudy/overcast and 73 degrees this morning. We had 1.5" yesterday morning while we were at church, the dirt roads are a mess again. ::nod::
Been waiting for the ground to dry up a bit so I can finish mowing the back and south side yards and now the front and the north side around the garden spots are already needing it again. ::shrug:: Lots of Pecan leaves falling and the little pumpkin patch is still trying.
Got the coffee ready.
Need to post some pictures of a several new knives that are now residing at Starvation Plantation as a result of my birthday.
Y'all have a wonderful Monday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I've been raking leaves as fast as they fall trying to keep ahead of them. It gets overwhelming if I wait until they are inches deep. It rained here last night and is suppose to rain on and off for the next few days. Work keeps piling up for the fall and my grand-daughter's wedding is next weekend so this is going to be a busy week. Praying it will be a good one for you all. ____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning all, another Monday upon us . Rainy and cool here, good day to stay inside, got plenty of things can do ,like finish trimming out my Wife’s studio, hang peg board in shop in basement,build shelves. Or maybe a good book is in order, will see, Coffee first ,then make a decision, maybe a good book instead today. Will take it one hour at a time ,take care folks.
JP
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good More All. 65degrees and overcast here in Kentucky. Weatherman continues to promise rain but he has been promising rain for several days and has been wrong. We will be off to the dentist as my wife of 51 years broke a tooth last night. How does one break a tooth while eating a donut? Best to everyone...stay healthy and safe.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Louisville.Boy1947 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:27 pm Good More All. 65degrees and overcast here in Kentucky. Weatherman continues to promise rain but he has been promising rain for several days and has been wrong. We will be off to the dentist as my wife of 51 years broke a tooth last night. How does one break a tooth while eating a donut? Best to everyone...stay healthy and safe.
Welcome to the diner .! Always good to hear from another knifer. Good bunch of folks that hang out around here. Hope your wife isn’t in pain ! And yes, how does one break a tooth on a donut!! Heck of a donut heh.
All kidding aside , thanks for stopping by and come on in again.
JP
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!!!
The wind blew like crazy last night, but not a lot of rain. The cold front
came through and we woke up to 60 degrees this morning. It feels good
out there to me. I really need to get my yard mowed, but I don't know
if I will get it done today or tomorrow. Got some paperwork to do so
maybe tomorrow. Everyone have a blessed day and please be safe. :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. 74 with 90% humidity; chance of rain.
A female cardinal turned up for lunch yesterday.
Feeling really sleepy and slow this morning.
Take care.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Was up at 0400 for a head call but crawled back in the rack. Up now so I guess it's time to start the day. The prognosticators are calling for highs in the 60's then 50's over the next ten days so. It's beginning to look like Fall has fallen. Feels a little nippy in here this morning so it's time to turn the furnace back on. Maybe a trip to the library for the first time since this insanity started & stop back by the grocery store on the way home 'cause I'm flat outta milk and we can't have that.

Louisville.Boy1947, I too would like to welcome you to the FCD. It's kinda like the wood stove down at the general store.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning, awoke to sunshine now it raining the cold front is here early i guess. Got the feeders out and filled before the rain hit.
The boss and myself and sissy the dog had breakfast so that's out of the way, nothing to look forward to but dinner and supper.
Was planning on some yard work before the weather changed but that's out now.
May get into a book my own self.
Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
PS Welcome to the diner LB'47 pull up a chair and sit a spell, I'll get us another cuppa joe.
Louisville.Boy1947

Ripster, Quick Steel, and JerryD6818 thanks for the welcome. Quick Steel it is good to hear from another Kentuckian on the forum, ...looks like you may be in Marion county. Not too far from where I was born in Knifley (Adair county). I look forward to participating.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' to folks here in the FCD. I have been up for a while but kinda got busy and neglected to check in here. It is a fine fall morning here with temps in the 60s with plenty of wind. Supposed to stay cool all day.
Hope your day is a good one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

LB right you are. Marion county it is.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy, got to bed late last night so didnt jump outta bed when the rooster crowed this morning. Got to run some errands today and not much else. Happy trails!
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy, seems Tuesday has arrived. Hope its not bad for you Dave. Back to work. 42-76 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David and mornin' to the rest of the folks here. It is a very nice 55º here in P'ville this mornin'. It'll get up to about 80º or so later today. We are going to resume out Tuesday morning Men's Devotional Breakfast this morning so I'm going to head out to that here in just a bit.
Hope you all have a knife day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers,
70 degrees this morning, still waitin' for the cool snap the weather folks have been half way promising for a week or so. We reached 91 yesterday and the "skeeters" are worse now than I can remember!
Still too wet to plow or mow and I need to be doing both.
Men's prayer meeting at 6 this morning and then shoulder shots at 10 am in Panama City, can't be draggin' around this morning.
Hope to watch the debate tonight even though it'll not likely change too many minds. ::hmm::
Y'all have a great day! ::tu::
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Yeah David reminded me it is Tuesday. I've been up for 15 minutes and the sky hasn't fallen yet so I thought maybe this Tuesday is going to be OK. Then my computer just started doing some weird stuff and locked itself in whatever mode it slipped into. I had to shut it down and restart it. Yeah, it's Tuesday. It's suppose to rain on and off today and we are trying to prep a cabin for paint/stain and are hoping for a window of nice weather to paint it before the cold sets in. We are still hoping to do a couple small cement slabs too before cold weather makes it difficult. October up here can easily turn cold and snowy and stay that way until April. This Tuesday could last 6 months like the movie Ground Hog Day. This fall we don't have a nice warm inside job to escape to like last winter. Coffee's good. Hope you all have a great day even if it's......Tuesday.____Dave
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Currently 49 going to 69. We have some fog. Yesterday afternoon we had some heavy soaking rain which I suppose we needed.

I know I will watch tonight's debate but not sure what the rest of the day holds.

Keep safe and sound as best you can.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning, heavy fog, 48deg. Heading to the 70's. Had to put on a jacket to feed the critters.Just coffee for me so far. There some yard work that needs taking care of as usual. May hold off cutting the grass for a couple days. Still got a couple of Hummers hanging around, kinda be glad when they leave so I can get the feeders down and cleaned up.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe. ::handshake::
Louisville.Boy1947

Good Morning Everyone. 49 degrees and clear this mornin, forecast is for a high of 58 and sunny. Looking forward to getting started on yard maintenance once it dries out a bit. The wife got her tooth capped yesterday so today is a catchup day from having spent so much time at the dentist. Stay healthy and safe.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning guys ,and Zoo girl, hope you all are well. Just got up a few minutes ago, woke up at 6 as usual ,but with the rain and wind blowing outside, rolled over and got another hour sleep.Even though am retired my eyes still open at 6 a.m. daily every day, the beauty now is , not having to run out the door right away. The animals are in lock down with the weather , nothing is moving with the strong winds. Be a good day to get the bow out, should put a new edge on broadheads. Been using 110 gr Muzzy. They cut real clean, and seem to work well with the setup that I’m using. Once the weather breaks , the Deer should move around, a bit early for Bucks though , no sign of the rut yet.
Hey Jerryd, like your summary of FCD and the wood stove at the general store! Now I’ve got a vision in my old brain of us all. Sitting around drinking coffee ,whittling ,talking crap, spitting chew, and God knows what else a bunch of old knifers maybe up to .
Dave in Mn. Glad to hear that your doing better. And good to hear that some of you are getting back to having knife club meetings. Really do miss them, not so much the knifes, but meeting folks and sharing and carrying on .
Have a good one.
JP
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
Welcome LB47! I’m the girl. I’d say I’m the good influence, but these guys know me by now... :mrgreen:
It’s supposed to be the hotspot in Canada here today, mid 20sC/around 80F. Whew! Camping has been mentioned for the weekend, depending on Ty’s health.
I went out to the swap with Paul the Bro on Sunday and found a couple of those incognito Richards that have -30- instead of the name. Finding one is rare, two together is a bonus!
I really need to post my latest knives but I just never get to it. Now I’ve amassed enough that I may take them all to the patio table and just lay out the lot.
Dave and me spent a chunk of Saturday night watching on old British show, The Champions, on his iPod. It’s sort of like the Avengers but with extraordinary powers, and from that era. Great stuff!
Work awaits.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Did I forget Monday? Must have....
It was cool this morning. 60 at least and maybe 50 something.
Got propane so a bit over 5 and a half hours.
This morning there was a lot of squealing and such and what we believe is the last hole has been dealt with.
Tomorrow morning will tell the tale.
Coffee was pretty good.
Now to get comfortable and watch some more Visegrip Garage on YouTube.
Looking for the magic penny!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Get up, Get up, Get up!!! It's after 6:30 and y'all are still in the rack. Must be a bunch of lollygaggin' retirees!
Good Mornin', now that you are awake.
Where's our friend Scott? I need to tell him it's 51 degrees in the Florida Panhandle, might even drop another degree or two as it gets closer to sunrise. :)
Had a busy day yesterday, shoulder shots and then had to retrieve our middle daughter's car from a shop in Panama City Beach and get it back to Chipley. It's running hot got some sort of a coolant leak. Tried to drive it home and got a few miles and kept watching the temperature gauge, up and down and then got over on the high side. As soon as we crossed the Inter-coastal waterway bridge, I pulled over and parked it, called one of my friends to come get the Escape with his trailer. Miss Joy and I went back into PCB and had a sandwich while the trailer was arriving. Finally got it to the shop, the ol' boy said it'll be about a week before they can get to it.
Other than that it was a good day.
Going to maybe go slow today and not get into too much trouble.
Y'all have a blessed last day of September!
Treefarmer

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Good mornin' Philip and thanks for opening up the joint. Mornin' to the others who will come in later. Not much to report on here. It is a very nice 57º but will get to about 90º later today.
Hope your day is a good one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”