First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning folks.
Coffee was decent.
Work was work.
Nothing much else to report except I'm going to mow some grass and weeds.
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, what little is left. 🌡hot and hotter, just got through filling the hummer feeders and there ain't a breath of air stiring out there. Heather said heat indexes are gonna hit 100 this afternoon.
Critters were fed quite sometime ago
I had a early appointment at the VA this morning and a grocery store stop on the way home so I'm wore slap out.
Nothing much planned for the rest of the day, if we don't get one of those pop up thunder bumpers I'll have to drag that ole hose around and water the plants about dark thirty
Got a new book while I was a the VA so I'm set for the afternoon.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there and stay hydrated. ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:57 pm
dlr110 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Top of the morning to you all!!
Got to go get the oil changed in the Tahoe this morning and then Cheryl and I are going looking at sheds to put on the new property. I want to get one big enough to store household things in right now, but will be big enough to to hold my yard equipment and be a nice size work shop later. Okay lets get this week started. Be safe and be a blessing to someone.... :D
My recommendation is to plan on 2 separate buildings - one for storage/yard equipment and another for the workshop. And NEVER allow anything to be "temporarily" stored in the workshop.

The amount of stuff you have to store will expand to exceed the amount of storage space you have. You will end up with your workshop area being used for storage. When my mother and father moved out of their house and into the farm house I was in shortly before he died in 2010, 5 or 6 pickup loads of "stuff" my father had in his work room, tool room and pump room ended up "stored temporarily" in my shop. I am still working on going through it and eliminating excess stuff.
Very good advise, it is also a good chance to de-clutter and thin out stuff. ::tu::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew. 71-94 and sunny. Have a good cup of coffee to get started with. Happy trails!
David
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Thanks for opening up David, just sitting here having a cup of tea. Saw something a few hours ago which i don't know how to take,was watching the pre match procedure before a womans soccer game at the olympics. America V Australia, when they played the American national anthem, less than half the team stood with their hands on their heart. That would never have happened once. Have a good day. :)
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Cudgee, that really burns my rear end and I won't be watching any USA Olympic soccer.
Good mornin' all. Still hot and humid here. I am off to the Men's Devotional Breakfast in just a few minutes.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Morning all - woke up in the fog, not in a fog ::woot:: looks like another lay-low day with mid-90’s in the forecast. Thankfully I’m never without a project or 20 ::dang:: the tomatoes seem to like this weather as do the cockscomb flowers that we grow. Hope everyone in AAPK-Land has a sparkling day.
Attachments
A52DE378-FBE5-403F-A8C1-F438F2501640.jpeg
655FE666-4733-49FB-954B-399E19D29789.jpeg
F7B22FFC-0ADE-4D76-997F-72FC048053AB.jpeg
FE8AF86C-7825-44C2-83C6-3BAE1EF6D199.jpeg
D1980665-4880-4180-BD85-A20ED5B08B1A.jpeg
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Had a pretty good rest last night, woke up to something the weather people are describing as "clear haze". 75 degrees and a 95% humidity reading can only mean one thing, it's going to be hot again. Usually I attend a Tuesday morning men's prayer meeting but today I have a appointment in Panama for a shoulder shot. Used to say shots but since I have a new shoulder it is now just a shot. :)
Coffee is about ready, y'all have a safe day as you ramble around.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning guys and gals, sounds like everyone is well as can be. We have rain here this morning,much needed break from the humidity. About wearing me out , can’t take the heat like used to ,and up on the 4 th floor level of our project and there’s no shade. Yesterday not a breeze at all,usually we get up to 3 rd ,4 th floor we get a breeze. And it’s supposed to be nicer now for a few days.
Ray, won’t watch any Olympics either,if they can’t stand for there countries National Anthem ,they ought to leave the Country,not be a star Athelete.
Cudgee,hope your fellow Aussies have more patriotic values than some over here .
Tom, agree with you ,there’s always something to do around the homestead,or the folks . Don’t know how I used to work 50 hrs a week and still get stuff done. It sure seems to take longer to get things done as well it seems. Good luck with your projects or “ Honey do list.
ZZ ,agree ,absolutely no storage ,if it’s in storage ,we really don’t need it. When we moved into a 1400 square foot house from 2500 we got rid of ALOTof stuff. And you know what,don’t miss it. And now somebody else is using it ,and we’re not paying taxes and maintaining a storage shed type
dwelling And we have plenty of room .
Take Care all you knifers out there, hope your day is a good one.
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Last night we watched the weather moving across Minnesota with thunder storms containing a tornado, high straight winds and baseball sized hail. It all slid North of us and we just got a little rain. I have the neighbors house half roofed with metal and the new bookstore in town framed up with no plywood on the roof yet. It appears all survived in tact after a lot of prayer. It's suppose to be a pleasant day today and storms tomorrow. Yesterday's heat was just plane nasty so today will feel really nice. Have a great Tuesday._____Dave
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
72 degrees and just like everyone else nothing but hot weather forecast. It is late July after all in the Ohio Valley and this is to be expected, but we don't have to like it. To everyone that has to work or be outside in this weather, please stay hydrated and take plenty of shade breaks. I was able to pickup a copy of 'Counterfeiting Antique Cutlery ' by Gerald Witcher. This afternoon will be spent reading what Mr. Witcher has to teach looking to learn what to avoid as I try to expand my collection and learn from the mistakes others have made. Well it is off for my morning exercise before it gets hotter. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
Got some running around in town to do this morning, other than that not much going on.
Cudgee it breaks my heart to hear or see Americans act like that. They have no understanding of what it took to provide and guarantee their rights and liberties. That's all a subject for another post. So everyone have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Good to see some are getting a little relief from the heat. Not here. Today and tomorrow, heat advisories, high 90’s plus humidity. Current humidity is 88%. Ugh!
Amusement park is closing early this afternoon and closed tomorrow. Most likely to protect the employees from heat stroke. A couple of restaurants have announced no outdoor service today and tomorrow.
Thank goodness for AC!
Work today, will probably have a lot of lookie loos trying to avoid the heat.
Found a couple of fancy custom knives that are in pieces, sending them to an old knife buddy and hoping he can put them back together. He used to do a lot repair work and made a few custom folders but like many of us he is getting old.
Need more coffee!
Be good humans
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Good morning everyone and hope your day started off good. Up here on the hill the critters are fed, did my morning stroll, and back for some coffee. Already 82 here and they talking high 90's with it feeling in triple digits. Rained off and on through the weekend here, stopped early yesterday morning, so with all that moisture in the air, it was thick here and still is. These humid days we refer to as "Air you can wear!" Not much planned here today, make a run to my moms, AT&T supposed to come check here lines, she's been having a buzzing background noise over the phone. I figure one of the local squirrels been chewing on the lead-in wire from the pole. Depending on when I head back maybe look around a couple of the Antique & Consignment shops on my way back. Anyway, hope you guys have a great day, be safe, be sure to keep yourself hydrated if your out in the weather. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡hot summer time, hazy .I Drug that ole garden hose around last night about dark, and could hear some rumbles of thunder in the distance, about a hour later we got a inch and a tenth of rain, needless to say my plants are well watered.
Nothing much going on today, but the way that ole grass is jumping I'm gonna have to cut some grass in a couple of days.
Stay safe and hydrated if out and about, yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
Let me start by saying Tom Cruise can NOT play Jack Reacher.
Not EVEN like any of the books was the movie we watched.
Dad and I as Sister is on her way to Idaho with a friend.
They (work) will take pennies Thursday.
I think I'll finish the box.
This may be the first day in quite some time with no rain but of course the day isn't over yet......
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:32 am Morning guys and gals, sounds like everyone is well as can be. We have rain here this morning,much needed break from the humidity. About wearing me out , can’t take the heat like used to ,and up on the 4 th floor level of our project and there’s no shade. Yesterday not a breeze at all,usually we get up to 3 rd ,4 th floor we get a breeze. And it’s supposed to be nicer now for a few days.
Ray, won’t watch any Olympics either,if they can’t stand for there countries National Anthem ,they ought to leave the Country,not be a star Athelete.
Cudgee,hope your fellow Aussies have more patriotic values than some over here .
Tom, agree with you ,there’s always something to do around the homestead,or the folks . Don’t know how I used to work 50 hrs a week and still get stuff done. It sure seems to take longer to get things done as well it seems. Good luck with your projects or “ Honey do list.
ZZ ,agree ,absolutely no storage ,if it’s in storage ,we really don’t need it. When we moved into a 1400 square foot house from 2500 we got rid of ALOTof stuff. And you know what,don’t miss it. And now somebody else is using it ,and we’re not paying taxes and maintaining a storage shed type
dwelling And we have plenty of room .
Take Care all you knifers out there, hope your day is a good one.
No JP, our girls soccer team want to make a political statement at the games and disrespect our flag by using another flag, i hope they get beat every time they play. As stated by David, this is not the forum to discuss these " Jerks ". ::tu:: ::handshake:: :)
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

FCD is open, grille is on and coffee is ready. I was tossing and turning in bed for the last few hours and finally just gave in and got up. The sounds and sights of morning before sunrise are always interesting to me; critters making their way home after a night of hunting, cars on the road bringing people to and from their jobs and neighbors lights going on as their day starts too. Peaceful and quiet, just perfect ::tu:: I smell potatoes, who wants homefries?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Tom and mornin' to the rest of the group here in the FCD. Throw some onion in with those home fries and let them brown real good. Boy, I can eat a plate full of them. Nothin' new on the weather front here. Hot and dry and it is apt to be that way up into September unless we get a storm off the Gulf.
Hope you all have a fine day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

One plate of spuds and onions please. I'll just sit over here and devour them on my own. ::sotb:: ::sotb:: ::sotb:: ::tu::
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Ok Ray and Cudgee … they’re ready ::ds::
Attachments
27063E49-7E2C-4111-B664-AF3B612A2231.jpeg
Tom
AAPK Administrator

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, good coffee. 77-98 and sunny. Happy trails!
Attachments
proxy-image (4).jpeg
proxy-image (4).jpeg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 316 times
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

bestgear wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am Ok Ray and Cudgee … they’re ready ::ds::
Wow Weee, not worrying about the blood sugar this morning!

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:28 amWow Weee, not worrying about the blood sugar this morning
Ray - I have found that most inter web images have zero impact to my health ::nod::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

GardenGram

Post by GardenGram »

Good morning all! Coffee is tasting good this morning. Gotta head out to the garden. Harvest is coming in very nicely. Then off to post office to pick up a new knife! Have a great day and God bless!

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”