First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

My phone started giving text message alerts at 5 AM this morning. Of course, there is nothing really wrong - one of my employees in Oho is doing some maintenance this weekend, and he forgot to turn off the alerting service before taking the system down. *sigh*

I need to get a haircut today - but I didn't make an appointment and that usually means at least an hour wait. Good barbershops that accept walk-ins are becoming a rare thing around here.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ice, ice, baby. Driveways and sidewalks that haven't been salted are as slick as snot on a door knob. Supposed to be snow coming just about every day for the next two weeks and that's only going to make it worse. I hope March stays true to form and marks the Spring warming trend.

After I grab a shower I have to drive over to Linnea's and trouble shoot the phones I gave her for Christmas. Hoping for just a power on reset which involves removing the batteries from the handsets and leaving them out for an hour. Guess I better take a book with me. She will be gone to get her massage so I'll be there all on my lonesome.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone.
It’s windy as heck here. Thirty thousand without power, but I’m ok, so far. I tend to collect flashlights and I’ve got a couple of battery radioes and a 7” rechargeable tv that picks up about four stations. Let it blow!
I’m off to the swap meet and then the Hook and Ladder pub Open Mic. I better get going, actually. It’s already 9:40 and I’m still in bed! Got to feed the mice and cat and get mobile.
There are a couple of knives that have my name on ‘em and hopefully they are still there.
I did a dumb thing last week. I had bought a little gold coloured Richards off a seller the previous week. I’d put off buying it’s larger partner until the end of the day and went back to find him closed. Last week I went back and for some reason thought it was a similar silver knife that I had looked at. That turned out to not be a Richards, so fortunately, I left it. Then I looked on here, saw a pic of the gold knife and went ::facepalm::
So, off I go after the right knife!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

It's two in the afternoon and I still feel groggy. Out of coffee and I have to brave the ice to buy a car battery today. They are finally back in stock after the massive cold snap two weeks ago. I want coffee, but by the time I get out of the house it will be late enough that I'll never get up for church tomorrow if I drink any this late.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Work was ok. Ended up with 31.27 hours.
Dad and Sister went to Lufkin because my aunt is up there in a psychological hospital
I'm watching mayday on the weather channel.
Looking for the magic penny!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Coffee's on fellas! Come and get it!

Mission at 13:00 today ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning on this above zero day. Well OK just barely, but we have to be near the end of the real cold stuff for this year. Now we are getting into the snow season where the temps are warm enough to snow more significant amounts. If I didn't dislike poison snakes and bugs and hot weather so much, I'd go somewhere else. Church in a few hours and then a trip to the grocery store and my chickens need feed. Maybe after that I'll sneak in a nap. Have a great Sunday. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Scott and Dave.
Glad to see y'all are up and at 'em this morning. We have 54 showing on the thermometer, that's cool enough, we don't want all the snakes and alligators to freeze. :) Miss Joy is cooking a big birthday dinner for one of our friends so she's up early gettin' everything ready. She bought a couple of boneless chuck roasts and all the 'taters and carrots to make an ol' time beef stew. She has a double Dutch oven that sits over two burners on the cook top so it ought to smell mighty good by the time church services are over at noon! Then a little ice cream and cake and run the guests off so I can get that Sunday afternoon nap, too. ::tu::
Hoping everyone has a blessed Sunday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. Had a decent show yesterday. I actually sold a few collectible knives to go with the others.
It is 37º here this morning so travel shouldn't be a problem. It'll get into the 50s later today.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

It’s 21 degrees here in Indiana this morning. Just caught this sunrise half an hour ago. It was magnificent. But minutes later it just looks overcast and grey. Another round of snow heading our way. What’s that old saying “red in the morning, sailors take warning”.
Going to be anxiously awaiting an email from CK to buy a stag Pemeberton sometime this afternoon. I’ll be distracted all afternoon waiting and checking on this.
Coffee is sure good this chilly morning.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_5203.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Sunday mug leaves much to be desired. It's supposed to get to 69 today.
It's my Dad's birthday today. We are to have an omelette for breakfast and Turkey
and some of the trimmings for dinner. That's about all I got right now.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, its coffee time. Just sitting here enjoying the peace and quite. Hope yawl have a blessed day.
Attachments
IMG_4768.JPG
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:Another round of snow heading our way. What’s that old saying “red in the morning, sailors take warning”.

SSk
“Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailor's take warning”

The main thoroughfares are clear sailing but the side streets are like skating rinks. It's hard to get from the back door to the garage without falling on my keister and more snow on the way today and Tuesday. The good news is, there should be a knife in my mailbox tomorrow. ::ds::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone,
I’m awaiting Kid, the Younger, and snow. The snow is quite a surprise as it was supposed to be clear until Thursday. Nope. More coming Tuesday too. We’re also getting more wind but not as bad as yesterday. Wheeee, that was a good one! I do like a windstorm, as long as the heat stays on!
I didn’t get the little gold Richards I was after. The kiosk was closed. I don’t think I’m going to get out there today. Rats! Oh well, next week.
I’ve got my little pieces of poo all ready to rock to some unsuspecting person. I’ll say one thing - they all look kinda like a POS. It seemed appropriate to send all brown scales. My package is going to look rather like the contents of Gaffers commode!
I’m going to try to drag the kids off to one swap or the other anyway. Might hit Cloverdale.
Have a good and safe day everyone
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Said Turkey in less than 30 minutes.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Well OK. if you all are going to sleep in, I'll put on some coffee. I have to pick up a Maher Grosh trapper I won in a local computer auction last night, and we have more work to do on the bathroom remodel so I need to get moving. Have a great week. ___Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Thanks Dave.
Mornin' fellas!!

Laundry and shipping today!
SCOTT

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Dave. We did sleep in a bit, Miss Joy is fasting for blood work so we're going to have breakfast at the Waffle House after she goes to the lab. It is kinda' strange about everybody been late this morning. ::hmm:: Dave, my friend ,be careful in that cold weather and the rest of y'all have a great day!
Oops, there's Scott, good mornin', Sir. ::handshake::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

More snow on the ground this morning and more on the way (or so they say). I need to get motivated here and check to see if I can get out of the garage. Fire up the snow blower if it's too deep. Tooth extraction is at 0950 this A.M. ::barf::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy everyone. Having a cup of Dunkin Turbo coffee this morning. Sure is good. It is 35, cloudy with light rain and hazy. Suppose to hit 48 today. Meeting with and old friend for lunch. May check out one of the antique shops today. Keep your powder dry and happy trails!
David
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone,
Smowmageddon! It snowed! Actual snow! Inches!
Sorry but it’s pretty unusual here.
So, still no little gold Richards. The guy was closed again.
I have to go out to the bosses and shovel. That’s usual. He’s pushing eighty and sure not doing it. I may have to walk to the Skytrain first because it’s all hills here and we have a little shuttle on this route. It always gets stuck somewhere along the way.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I just checked my schedule, and there isn't anything that I need to be at my office to accomplish. So, I think this will be a WFH (work from home) day.

I'm getting pretty tired of the cold, wet and wind. The wind has stopped and the sun is out. The high today is supposed to be 57 deg F.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I got jumped on by one of the Boss ladies for running the buffer at 10am.
Monday all manner of suppliers and stockers start about 6:45.
One area wasn't open until 10am.
She says make them move. How in the heck are they going to move a pallet?
The floor machine needs a new squeegee on it.
As it stands now if I do the areas and then try to buff it's too wet.
I think I'll try to start at 4am instead of 5 on Monday.
Getting someone to open at 4am ain't terribly likely.
Such is life.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning , back to work today. Better get this coffee down and head out. Happy trails!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' fellas.

Estate sale today....I know, Tuesday? Crazy, crazy!
Laundry too.
SCOTT

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”