First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Another weekend comes to a close. Made headway om leaf burning yesterday,
just ahead of the rain during the night.

This country is such a sad state. ... I have no words
::tear::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'.
Happy Thanksgiving week!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

And to you as well, Scott along with others who wander in.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. I have a couple of little chores for the morning then it will be nap time once again. Lions Club tonight and I am on the cooking team. Thank goodness it the last time for our team to cook for the year.
Currently 50º here in P'ville and we'll likely get into the low 70s by the time day is done.
Hope you all have a fine day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Diner Friends!
Waking up to the pitter-patter of rain this morning, there goes my gate project but gives me a chance to head into town and get the new water heater elements. Going to change both since they are 38 years old and I have the thing opened up. (That bit of wisdom comes from 35 years of school district maintenance work. :) )
We had a wonderful church service yesterday and were challenged concerning our thankfulness. We certainly have a lot to be thankful for everyday! ::nod::
Got the coffee on, need to head into town and get my parts so I can get my mess cleaned up so Miss Joy wont "be overwhelmed" in her preparations for Thursday.
Y'all have a good one!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning on this cool frosty morning. Yesterday was just plain nasty with cold wind all day. We helped our new minister move his furniture and boxes into the parsonage yesterday. he doesn't start until Jan. but he has pretty well moved in. He was our minister before the one that just left so he isn't actually new to us. I'm heading over to a cabin to resume a kitchen/bathroom remodel we started last week. Have a great week._____Dave
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning crew, 60 and sunny today. Really nice fall weather around these parts lately. Cooking and laundry on the agenda today. Got a knife out for delivery. ::ds:: Happy trails!
David
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Morning Coffee (2).png
Morning Coffee (2).png (7.91 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
I think Garry is right about our emotions. At church yesterday we had a lady sing a solo special for the first time since her husband and my good friend died last year from the COVID Virus. I didn't know she was going to sing and after church I gave her a big hug and we both just held each other and had a good cry. I told her he would have been proud and she said he always would say he was my biggest fan.
Getting ready today and tomorrow for our next Missouri trip on Wednesday. Looking forward to Thanksgiving with my son and his family. Everyone have a great Monday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 33 by the time I dragged my butt outta bed, the boss said a couple hours earlier it was 50. Rained a good portion of yestiddy, probably around an inch or so, I turned my rain guage upside down last week so it doesn't freeze an burst in this chilly weather.
Nikki Dee sez upper 40's for the daytime high.
Critters are all fed and the dishes warshed and put away.
The boss was busy all weekend putting out Christmas decorations and I'm tired. Got some empty boxes to put back in her she shed and not much else on the ole agenda for today. I do have a eye appointment at three p.m. at the VA.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Been up for a while but figured I better get few things done before I checked in. Decided yesterday that the bourbon balls need more pecans and the day went sideways after that. Figured if I had to actually get dressed and brave the world I’d figure what else I might need. Walmart and 2 dollar stores and $100 I was home 3 hours later. All because of a $1.39 bag of pecans. In defense of my spending some was small Christmas gifts. Right now I’m waiting for the dipping chocolate to melt for the bourbon balls. A tedious job but the end result is worth it.
Geez, almost lunch time but not a problem, fridge has some good leftovers.
Later……
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

The truck didn't even TRY to start this morning.
And now the water has been checked and it is charging.
The battery is at least 2 and close to 3 years old and was from Walmart.
Anyhow I must go do stuff because Sister is cleaning house for a visitor.
Coffee was decent.
Looking for the magic penny!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A cold morning here at 23 degrees going to 44. Good Morning to all. Will spend several hours rearranging my office and doing some house cleaning. The plan is my sister will show up Wed. afternoon and stay all day Thursday. Hope that works out. There are always little emergencies that seem to develop at the most inconvenient times.

At some point I'll have to buy more coffee. I just finished all we had. Drat it.

Stay safe. Stay warm. Stay thankful.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's a balmy 20º here this morning and headed for a sweltering 46º. VA appointment this morning so I might as well hit the grocery store while I'm out. Mother Hubbard's cupboard is getting kind of bare. Right now it's back in the rack for Bonzo to try and get a few more winks.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, coffee and work. looks like 70 and sunny today. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. It is a cool 41º right now and low 70s later today. Nothing much planned for the day other than Men's Devotional Breakfast this morning and good nap later on.
Hope you all have a good day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone
Boji can I come and sample some of your Baking . Sure sounds good . We don’t have much for baked goods around here ,so when reading your post sure get a craving .
Haven’t been as active here lately for several reasons ,some cause busy but there’s several things that have been changing here . As a fairly new member here maybe I shouldn’t get worked up over some of the posts here . I joined this Forum because of like minded Collectors that had things in common with . And like everything else things change . But when I read of people attacking people and there values it makes me think “ don’t need this crap “. This Forum has great members for the most part and do really appreciate the willingness of members to help each other . As a Collector of older USA made knives I really don’t care about the other stuff but we sure don’t need to fight over it . Do know this is one of the best forums around and will try to stay involved but my heart isn’t here no more . Have made friends here from all over the world and that’s great and hope to continue those friendships. Wanted to express that here in the Diner thread as it’s about the safest place to post without getting attacked or receiving nasty pm s . Will continue to check in and touch base and see how it goes . You folks here at the diner have kind of grown on me and thought you ought to know what’s up . Wouldn’t even be writing this if it was just me would just move on . But there’s a bunch of us here that feel that way according to some pm s and posts but nobody is saying anything. Maybe am way off base and if so then disregard my babbling .
Take care out there ,stay safe . ::handshake::
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’, Folks.
Just go back from the men’s prayer meeting and noticed some frost along the lane. Temperature was 34 degrees. After yesterday’s light rain we got up to 70 degrees.
We had quite a time breaking the water heater elements after being there for 38 years.
Plenty of hot water, Miss Joy is happy! :)
Coffee is good this morning sitting here listening to the information about the nut case in Wisconsin. What a sad mess.
Y’all have a wonderful day as we prepare for Thanksgiving Day.
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Yeah JP, I've found myself going to First Cup Diner, skimming through the other threads quickly and leaving. Some of the new members are leaving a bad taste with their opinions and attitudes and stolen some of the fun that AAPK was giving me. My local knife club is nearly dead and I kind of replaced it with AAPK and I see that changing. I'm not ready to give up on it, but I'm sure not spending the time I used to here. I'm not sure that's the same exact issue you are seeing but I'm feeling the same disconnect you are. I'm connected to the diner crowd and don't see much here I don't like and appreciate and love to sit with my coffee and have fellowship every morning with a great bunch of friends. This Thanksgiving season looks to be a harder one to keep in focus with so much negative stuff happening in our country, but it has brought my local church family much closer to each other and more focused on our faith. I sure have a lot to be thankful for, and one of the things outside my church are the friends I have got to know here at the diner. With all that being said, it's cold out there today and I've got to get to work. Have a great cup of coffee and be safe.____Dave
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 22 may hit 50 or so later, never got out of the low 40's at Homer's homestead yestiddy. When feeding the critters this morning I had to look down to make sure I had my britches on.
The critters are fed.
Trip to Sam's club is on the agenda this morning and maybe some yard work later if it warms a bit.
Rip I hear you bro I don't need any bickering going on, I'm live and let live kinda feller.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
PS Farmer you and I was pecking around at the same time, and I agree about the Wisconsin, terrible tragedy.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Be patient and have faith fellers. This too shall pass. It seems the turmoil is but a tempest in a tea pot. It visits occasionally and then fades away, at least that's what I've observed over the years. Hopefully it will pass quickly and we can get back to "our AAPK" (not possessive but the one we're used to).
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Morning Coffee (2).png
Morning Coffee (2).png (7.91 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Today I'm getting the Tahoe ready for the trip, but I'm not looking forward to 10 hours on the road.
Won't be on here much the next few days so I will say it now. I'm very thankful for so many things
in my life and one of them is AAPK and the friendships that I've made. God's richest blessings for
each of you, have a great Thanksgiving, be safe and be a blessing to someone... :D

PS: Why hasn't cudgee checked in?
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Morning, folks!

A balmy 36 degrees here in the Ozarks. Trying to balance a lot while getting ready for turkey day. Family decided to go a different route this year. Gonna have chicken wings and ribs instead of turkey. Tater tot casserole, masked potatoes, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, not sure what else. Errands to run and getting my 92 year old father shaved and a hair trimming .
I, too, am so frustrated and angered about what's happening to our country that I had to cold turkey shut it off. After what happened in Waukegan with that Christmas parade, I grit my teeth and said "DONE!"
On a good note, I am getting to order more knives for Christmas to add to me collection! ::ds:: ::groove:: ::woot:: I have been doing some shopping on SMKW and Cutlery Corner. Thinking about picking up a set of knives from Cutlery Corner, but not sure yet. Great way to get away from things. Hours shopping for knives!
Well, better get to taking the dogs out. Y'all have a great day!
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:36 pm Morning Coffee (2).png

I think Garry is right about our emotions. At church yesterday we had a lady sing a solo special for the first time since her husband and my good friend died last year from the COVID Virus. I didn't know she was going to sing and after church I gave her a big hug and we both just held each other and had a good cry. I told her he would have been proud and she said he always would say he was my biggest fan.
Getting ready today and tomorrow for our next Missouri trip on Wednesday. Looking forward to Thanksgiving with my son and his family. Everyone have a great Monday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
Where in Missouri are you headed, dlr?
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Just watched 100’s of Canadians stream by from the lake to find the farm fields to feed. Always a sight.
Beautiful day, 30 and heading to 55.
JP, I think everyone is just sick and tired of so much of the crap going on in the world. Being anonymous on an Internet forum gives them a chance to vent their frustrations. I’m seeing it a lot on guns forums too. I had to laugh at the comments about flippers making big $$$ on a certain brand of new factory knives and comparing it to Beanie Babies. Aren’t all sellers flippers? If ya don’t like the price, don’t buy.
Sweeter subjects, here are pictures to tempt you.
Made peanut brittle yesterday
3E796AFF-2430-4DD8-ACB3-C9AEA28E8BEF.jpeg
Work today so best get myself fed.
Attachments
26DB221E-9FD7-4DA4-8E24-CC042E4F8054.jpeg
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Miss Boji, it's a good thing you're protected by a large loud dog and a S&W. Somebody would sure love to releave you of those fine lookin' sweets! ::nod::
Treefarmer

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”