First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone
Sipping on first cup and contemplating the day. Have to water grass and get to a few appointments this morning. Then a few chores around the place . This afternoon a friend is moving his home shop into a commercial space so will be helping him to get set up. His Dad is a retired jewelry guy and Luke his Son ,has been doing stone work on knives,like the Santa Fe Stone works stuff . He’s busy enough now to try this next level . He’s willing to teach me this winter ,so may have a new twist to add to my growing hobby .
Hope you all had a great weekend
Dave in Texas yep your future road is right up my alley. Don’t know how people can live in big crowded cities . My idea of a traffic jam is about a dozen cars in sight at one time . Best of luck with your building process ::tu::
Ray. How did your weekend show go over?
Cudgee , have a good one over there . stay out of trouble now ::handshake::
JP
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Ripster wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:53 am Morning everyone ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ray. How did your weekend show go over?
Thanks for asking, JP. It was a rare Sunday where sales were as good as Saturday, or maybe nearly as good. :) :D

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Woke up to the rhythm of the falling rain.
Basement dwelling grandson’s birthday is today. Made cheesecake for the occasion. Will get together with his Mom and go out to eat this evening.

Will be working at least this morning, business partner has to take hubby to his local doc to check on things post COVID. Saw him on Saturday, he looked like death warmed over.

Got a bunch of new cheap fun knives for the shop on Saturday. If some these 20 something guys get serious about knife collecting the hobby will continue to flourish.
Probably won’t be the “old stuff” most of us deal with but quality newer ones.

Need some food and more coffee.
Have a great Monday!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', FCD.
Being retired Monday mornin' ain't so bad. :D Look back and can hardly believe I've been retired since May of 2009. ::hmm::
We had a good church service yesterday, a missionary from Haiti, a friend of our pastor spoke of their work before he preached his message.
Rain continues to be in the forecast, yesterday afternoon we got an additional 1.9" by 8:30, another 0.1" during the night. Didn't get to see the full moon this month. Our little farm is soaked!
Coffee has been served, so y'all have a great day as this month of September is flying by.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, looks like a new week is upon us. Enjoying the coffee and pondering things. Domestic duties today getting ready for the work week to start tomorrow. Happy trails!
David
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks,🌡 70 with rain as it has for the last several days, like Farmer we are soaked. Better times coming sez the guessers after this mess finally moves out a couple of weeks of dry cool weather is on its way, we can only hope.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed and put away.
Can't do much work around the place so guess I'll watch the come rain down. The grass will be needing a good cutting when it finally drys out a bit.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
About ready for my second cup of coffee. Cudgee seems your the first one in every morning,
we need to give you the title of FCD Manager.
I've got some grocery shopping to do and I need to go by the Post Office. That will be the extent
of my day. Everyone please be safe and have a great Monday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's a sad day in my little corner of The Great Midwest. Lost my oldest friend of 60+ years. His battle with Alzheimer's ended this morning at 4:15 AM. We just lost one of his sisters to the disease about this same time last year. He and I joined the Marine Corps together in 1962 but he was medicaled out before completing boot camp. He was allergic to the wool socks. Whoulda thunk it? Fred, ya may be gone but you will never be forgotten. ::tear::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 pm Top of the morning to you all!!
About ready for my second cup of coffee. Cudgee seems your the first one in every morning,
we need to give you the title of FCD Manager.
Lest we forget who founded FCD on Fri May 04, 2012 4:10 am. Thank you Scott. What a flash of brilliance when you entered the first post and gave us a place to gather and become closer cyber friends. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Funny. We moved from a country home into downtown Shepherd, TX.
The ambulance company is right down the street.
5.42 at work.
Coffee was swell.
Looking for the magic penny!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:54 pm It's a sad day in my little corner of The Great Midwest. Lost my oldest friend of 60+ years. His battle with Alzheimer's ended this morning at 4:15 AM. We just lost one of his sisters to the disease about this same time last year. He and I joined the Marine Corps together in 1962 but he was medicaled out before completing boot camp. He was allergic to the wool socks. Whoulda thunk it? Fred, ya may be gone but you will never be forgotten. ::tear::
Jerry,
My condolences on the loss of your friend. RIP Fred.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:54 pm It's a sad day in my little corner of The Great Midwest.
My condolences to you and the family.
May he Rest in Peace
::pray::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Sad day for you Jerry. As we all grow older this is one of the sad things we all have to go through, i recently lost a good friend of 50 years. It is little consolation, but just a fact of life. :( ::pray::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I'm sure all Diner's thoughts and prayers are with Bighomer's son Robert as he battles health issues. ::pray:: ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:22 pm Sad day for you Jerry. As we all grow older this is one of the sad things we all have to go through, i recently lost a good friend of 50 years. It is little consolation, but just a fact of life. :( ::pray::
Yeah cudgee, when you have that much time invested in someone it's hard to let go. I appreciate the sentiments of you, Ray & Royal.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:54 pm It's a sad day in my little corner of The Great Midwest. Lost my oldest friend of 60+ years. His battle with Alzheimer's ended this morning at 4:15 AM. We just lost one of his sisters to the disease about this same time last year. He and I joined the Marine Corps together in 1962 but he was medicaled out before completing boot camp. He was allergic to the wool socks. Whoulda thunk it? Fred, ya may be gone but you will never be forgotten. ::tear::
Hey Jerry ,hang in there Brother . Really understand the hurt of losing a good friend,and you had 60 + years ,that’s a long time man. My Moms very best friend passed last Thursday and see how it’s affecting her. GBNF Amen
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:28 pm
Hey Jerry ,hang in there Brother . Really understand the hurt of losing a good friend,and you had 60 + years ,that’s a long time man. My Moms very best friend passed last Thursday and see how it’s affecting her. GBNF Amen
Sorry to hear of your Moms best friend. Those friendships built up over decades and a lifetime are irreplaceable, and people do really struggle with their loss. ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open. Sit back and enjoy your coffee, we are having a late cold snap here, had to pull out a fleece top that i had packed away. The long term forecast is for a wet spring and early summer, they have been correct so far. We had riots here over the last 2 days that have locked down the city, but we shall not go into that, but the next few days shall be interesting. Have a good'un and a second cup of your favorite brew. ::tu:: :)
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Cudgee. Sorry to hear of your unrest. Mornin' to the rest of the guys and Boji. Gettin ready to take off to Men's Devotional Breakfast this morning. Got my 1st cup coolin off just a little. The weather prognosticators say we have a cool front coming in later today and that will be a nice relief from the heat.
Hope you all have a fine day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Jerry, sorry about your loss. I know the pain. Cudgee, stay safe over there with the unrest. We had rain most of the day yesterday but I got a fair amount done on the latest project before the weather turned bad. there were several tornado warnings that developed in the weather system after it passed over us but they didn't touch down. They just gave the local weather people something to feel important about. I don't know if I'll keep on the outhouse project or help son Jason get closer to finishing his siding project today. I'll let him make that call. Have a great Tuesday and be safe out there in that nasty world.____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning. Had a heck of a rain last night and now the cold front is here ,50 and 60s for a few . Great working weather. Have a small garage roof to go help fix for a friend and then go visit Mom .
Cudgee. Riots never seem to get good results. Hope your Spring like weather gets to you soon. Stay warm and safe over there ::handshake::
Till next time,take care and stay out of trouble out there .
JP
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Should be a peaceful day. I need to do an oil change, but with more rain predicted,
I may wait until the weekend. Gotta do the wife's Yukon, too.

Yawl have a grand day
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Cool 46 degrees this morning. High only upper 60’s. Love it! But will be heating back up as the week goes on. More yo-yo weather.
Supper with grandson and his Mom (my ex daughter- in-law) was a hoot. Didn’t much like her when married to my son but now we get along great.
Work today then off tomorrow if all continues to go well with partner’s hubby. His checkup with his regular doc yesterday was good.
Gonna make spaghetti sauce before I go to work so supper will be quick and easy tonight.
Be good humans..
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 68 to the low 80's sez My ole buddy Leland, Nikki Dee was off this a.m. more rain is in the forecast as the cold front comes through, be glad to see some DRY cooler days and nights. It's getting to that time of year.
Critters are all fed.
Jerry my condolences on the loss of your buddy, it's our time seems like to lose ole friends and relatives.
Eye Dr. checkup this morning and nothing much afterwards.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks everyone for the support. It ain't easy but we have no choice.

As has been said, cooling off in The Great Midwest (my part of it at least). I have an appointment on Thursday to meet my new VA Doc. I have a little laundry list to discuss with her. I hope it doesn't overwhelm her. :lol: Other than that, reading, checking AAPK occasionally and watching a little baseball.

Edit: Took a peek at the calendar and discovered that I almost forgot my Grandson's birthday. So had to run to Walgreens and get a card then drop it in the mail. It won't be there by tomorrow (his birthday) but it should make it by Thursday. For Pete's sake. It's only 120 miles straight south (& it's 4-lane all the way. 2 hour drive.) but the way the Post Office works, it will probably have to go to East Jesus Kansas first. ::facepalm::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”