First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Ripster »

Morning guys and gals, another stormy night, couple of reports of penny size hail. Going to be a wet week ,hard to get stuff done outside.
We did get the floor joist and Tongue and groove flooring and a gable wall done yesterday before it started raining . Today maybe a short one with good chance of rain later .
With the rains it’s really greening up the grass around here ,finally starting to look like Spring. The Robins sure been busy with the damp soil, they’re getting a worm buffet around here . Trees are budding , starting to see the early spring flowers poke up thru the soil.
Well ,that’s about it here ,need to get a cup to go and get rolling shortly.
Take care out there and help someone else to have a great day !
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

good mornin', fellers.
foggy and 55 this morning, rain promised sometime this evening, maybe. garbage pickup day today usually around 7 am, felt funny having miss joy take it to the spot last night. this morning she asked me where was the container supposed to be parked? so we,ve been out riding the cart in the fog getting the garbage can on the proper side of the oak tree down by the mail box. :)
nurse yesterday, therapist today and back to surgeon on Friday morning. still trying to wear this ridiculous brace. watching tv yesterday i saw the towers 2 tunnels commercial, i don't really have any thin to grumble about. ::hmm::
have a great day.
treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I got my first "storebought" haircut in over a year yesterday. My wife had been cutting my hair in response to the pandemic threat and while she did fine in a pinch, it just wasn't the same. It's amazing how we fail to appreciate the simple blessings we receive until they are gone. This was, at least for me, a good example and a life lesson in gratitude. On top of all that, I'm lookin' good in the neighborhood with my new doo. :lol:

Jerry and Ray, I'll share a little of the excitement we are basking in since you're running low on it. Within the hour someone is scheduled to come and make a minor repair to the new flooring we had installed recently. In addition to that, I'm expecting the mowing crew at any time after the dew burns off. Then, as if that wasn't enough, I'm booked to take my truck in to the dealer for it's first (free to me) oil change since it's about to reach the 5K miles mark. Yes, I know that's a lot for us retired guys to take in but it's happening !

For now, back to my coffee before the madness begins. ::groove::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡60 headed to the upper 70's low 80's. May get some rain overnight and tomorrow.
Critters fed.
May do a little yard work after it drys a bit. Grass is looking a little ragged ,but I think it'll be okay till Friday.
Golf was baboon butt ugly yestiddy, my ole 79 & 81 year old buddies wore out on me we just played 7 holes, but we enjoyed being out on beautiful day and trying anyway. Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there.
Farmer try stay out of miss Joy's way and be careful buddy, God speed. 🙏 ::handshake::
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:05 pm good mornin', fellers.
foggy and 55 this morning, rain promised sometime this evening, maybe. garbage pickup day today usually around 7 am, felt funny having miss joy take it to the spot last night. this morning she asked me where was the container supposed to be parked? so we,ve been out riding the cart in the fog getting the garbage can on the proper side of the oak tree down by the mail box. :)
nurse yesterday, therapist today and back to surgeon on Friday morning. still trying to wear this ridiculous brace. watching tv yesterday i saw the towers 2 tunnels commercial, i don't really have any thin to grumble about. ::hmm::
have a great day.
treefarmer
Good Morning Everyone, 65 degrees mostly cloudy with a chance of thunder storms, headed to 80 this afternoon. Tree Farmer good to see you are up and about although with restrictions. Listen to Joy and agree to whatever she says. After 52 years with my bride I have learned to agree that she is right on all issues...keeps harmony in the marriage. I know you appreciate her just as much as I appreciate my bride. We look forward each day to hearing from you. Spring is in full bloom around here. It is a full-time job just keeping up with yard maintenance this time of the year. Looking forward to the Columbus (Indiana) gun show this weekend. Somethings are starting to crawl back to normal around here. Philco, I can relate to the haircuts given by the wife. Your humor this morning made me burst out laughing. Ray, you can keep the 90s down your way, the heat and humidity I can do without. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Farmer you take it easy and do exactly what the folks tell you to do and the healing will come quicker.
Phil I sure hope you can keep up with that fast pace you've got today.
Here in Ponder Country it's cloudy, windy and the temp is going up to the low to mid 70's.
It looks like my Wednesday will consist of writing, lunch, nap, writing, Church Bible study, dinner, TV and
then off to bed. It's a hard life for some of us retiree's but someone has to do it so the younger folks have
something to look forward to. :lol:
Everyone enjoy your day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

I seem to be reverting to my old nightowl status. To bed around 1 AM, up around 8. Grrr, would rather be the early bird.
Rain showers again overnight and cooler temps after 70's and 80's. Typical spring in Iowa. Glad to have the rain, has been very dry.
The lakes levels are down nearly 2 feet. Saw that The Hills (SD) are getting snow. Hopefully that doesn't make it here.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Humidity seems to be up to summer standards.
The bathroom floors will not dry.
Friday is another overnight thing.
They are going to strip the floor and re-wax it.
Trish is taking pennies tomorrow.
5 rolls to complete this box.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends, 47-73 and sunny. Off to work. Watch yur top knot!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks and thanks for opening up, David. We have a comfortable 56º here this mornin' and it may get into the 90s this afternoon. Another day with nothing much on the agenda.
Hope you all have a knice day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
57 degrees this morning with a big, big rain at the state line over passed Pensacola, Work day today but they ain't going to get much out of me. Slight improvement, I'm able to type with both hands. Managing pain meds for sleeping is difficult but I suppose it is all one day closer to being a successful operation. The torturer (therapist) gave my old elbow and wrist a real workin' over yesterday! She's coming again this afternoon to do the places she missed yesterday! She said she is waiting for the surgeon's protocol after my visit to him tomorrow. ::hmm::
Coffee's ready, let's go have a cup and grunt a bit. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Morning all. The excitement continues here on the creek today. The floor repair folks postponed their visit yesterday and rescheduled for this morning. (Don't you just love when that happens ?) The mowing crew did show and did a very nice job leveling up my weed crop. I made the trek to the dealership for that first (free to me) oil change and inspection complete with exterior wash and tire rotation. ::nod:: My wife went with me and as we sat in the dealership lounge, a DIY show was playing on the widescreen TV. I noted that her eyes were totally fixed on the screen, so no telling what project she'll be inspired to have me pay for next. ::mdm::

For now, the sun is rising but is slowly vanishing behind a bank of clouds. My trusty cell phone weather app is predicting a fair to middlin' chance of showers over the course of the entire day. I guess the May flowers are needing a drink. I'm just gonna sit here and sip my coffee and let the day unfold. Have a great day everyone.

edit: Good morning Phil. Hang in there. Better days are coming.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Good to hear you slowly coming back Phil. We are in a slow moving wet damp spell after a long dry spell that was threatening fire danger. I'm not sure which one is causing my bones and joints to ache, but what ever it is, is doing a number on me. It's bad enough for me to keep a cane handy when I get up in the morning, but manage to get rolling and work all day and climbing ladders don't hurt. Bending over to pick something up from the ground does. I have inside work today building a pair of speaker boxes in a big heated shop we built for the guy who wants the speakers. Tomorrow there's a estate sale with 100 knives and a bunch on long guns that I suspect are going to be way over priced, but I'm still checking it out. Have a great Thursday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Got to get moving, I have a doctor's appointment at 9 AM.
Have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Sitting outside of the dentist office. A little early but if you ain’t 10min early you are late!!🧐
John 🎩
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone , boy the coffee is tasting good today. Moving slow this A.M. Yesterday’s work climbing around on walls and setting up Rafters has the old muscles talking back . It’s only been a year since I kind of retired and already am getting out of shape. It does feel good to be building again ,told wife that I may start putting in 20/30 hrs a week to help brother and nephew out. She gave me “the look” ,and reminded me how happy I was to thro my hard hat to a newbie and walk off the site a year ago . Oh we’ll see .
Phil ,hang in there, the first couple of weeks are the toughest.
Have a good one out there , stay safe , stay positive ::tu::
JP
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

63 degrees this morning with overcast skies. Been raining off and on overnight. Forecast is for scattered rain this morning. Been watching birds finish building a nest in one of our rose arbors. Our bird houses are busy with a lot of activity this morning...don't know if they are playing catchup from a delay caused by the rain, or if they know something is coming and they are getting ready ? Nothing really planned today as the rain has caused a delay in my outside painting. I am sure the bride will find something for me to do. Tree Farmer don't you overdo anything. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Good Morning everyone, and happy Friday Eve. Criters are fed, morning walk done, so enjoying some coffee. Glad to see Treefarmer getting around a tad better. John hope it's nothing major at the dentist office.Cloudy here this morning, 67 degrees chance of rain, High of 79 in the forecast. Go pick up moms groceries today in my plans so shopping day. Hope you guys have a great day, so grab another cup of coffee before you get started.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡58 and showers at daybreak 70's later on. . Looks like we got about 1/2 inch of rain overnight, the sun is trying to peek through now.
Critters are all fed and the dishes warshed.
Nothing much on the agenda, maybe a little yard work, probably watch a little of the Masters this afternoon. Hang tuff farmer you got this. 🙏
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Papa Bones wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:04 pm Good Morning everyone, and happy Friday Eve. Criters are fed, morning walk done, so enjoying some coffee. Glad to see Treefarmer getting around a tad better. John hope it's nothing major at the dentist office.Cloudy here this morning, 67 degrees chance of rain, High of 79 in the forecast. Go pick up moms groceries today in my plans so shopping day. Hope you guys have a great day, so grab another cup of coffee before you get started.

Thanks. 🤝 Just had to get a temporary crown replaced with a permanent one.
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

The Sun is shining and it's the first time I wished the AC worked in the Suburban.
The transmission is good for staying in town.
Had a Sonic lunch.
Got a check that wasn't the best but neither the worst ever.
Have the house to myself just now.
Reckon I'll do some penny rolls.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin men, seems another day has arrived. The coffee is good. 46-76 and a chance of thunder storms. Later!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'!
Attachments
20210408_075945 (1).jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and Ann. Nuthin much to report on here. Our temperature yesterday was in the 90s and will likely be about the same today. Currently it is 68º.
Hope you all have a good day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Estate sale in a few hours and back to work after. The rain is suppose to be ending later today and my world should turn green with some sunshine. Have a great Friday and weekend.____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”