First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Boji »

Another wet, drippy, drizzly day here. Why can't it just rain and be done with it!
But need the moisture however it comes. Been trying to research some more knives to sell but
get cross-eyed looking online and thru reference books. Shoulda sent some more of them in my
POS pkg.
Got to stick around the homestead till I get a callback from the co. that does my business website,
some of the pictures don't show up when using Chrome browser but they do with Edge and Firefox.
Beyond my comprehension.
Need that 3rd cuppo Joe this morning.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Morning, all. First up, kicked the BnL out the door early. He's off to play a roundof golf somewhere on his way home. He had come up from Houston yesterday to take my mother for her hearing aid picking appointment. He's the knowledgeable one about those dratted things as he's been wearing them for 5 years and recently had to have a coclear implant installed. He had a good ear (about 70%) and a bad ear (about 30%). One morning he work up and his good ear had gone to 0%. Couldn't hear a thing.

Next up on the day's agenda is to load up about 70 plants, ranging in size from 4" pots to 3 gallon pots and haul them to the Master Gardener Training Center. We have our annual spring plant sale tomorrow and this year we are going back to the way we used to do it - rather than buy plants wholesale, we are raising our plants. It's going to be an eclectic mix this year. Part of it is due to covid restrictions, and part is due to the lack of plants available at wholesale nurseries due to that same covid restriction - they didn't prepare as many for this year as they got burned last year not being able sell their stuff - we,and other MG organizations had to cancel our order last year due to the covid limits since we had to cancel out OUTDOOR sale. ::disgust:: Many retail mom & pop outlets were FORCED to be closed while the big boys could be open. :x :x

Then it'll be a stop at the CPA to turn in this year's tax return for submission. We got a call yesterday that they were ready.

Everyone have a safe day. Buy a knife to feed the steel dragon.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡60 low 80's later on. Beautiful sunny day 😎
Us critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
20210409_082801.jpg
This is the way it's done at big homers house.
Gonna have another cuppa joe, then get on the bad boy and cut some grass.
Farmer 🚜 hope the checkup goes well, 🙏
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

bighomer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:34 pm Morning folks, 🌡60 low 80's later on. Beautiful sunny day 😎
Us critters are fed and the dishes warshed. 20210409_082801.jpg
Damn, Homer! That just makes my mouth water and I have already had my breakfast. Good job. :mrgreen: :lol:

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Paladin wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:56 pm
bighomer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:34 pm Morning folks, 🌡60 low 80's later on. Beautiful sunny day 😎
Us critters are fed and the dishes warshed. 20210409_082801.jpg
Damn, Homer! That just makes my mouth water and I have already had my breakfast. Good job. :mrgreen: :lol:

Ray
Ray I agree , to bad we can’t get Big H to do take out . Now I gotta go get something to eat ::nod::
JP
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
I had a post all ready and it got eaten! Anyway, my buddy Leon gave me a very nice little sort of pearl handled gents knife on a chain and that’s about all I’ve picked up lately.
Work is busy!
All is well, I’m just sidetracked and out of time.
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys and gals. I'm off to men's fellowship at church and then home to play with my estate sale stuff I got yesterday morning(see Knife Finds of the Day) and probably check out a cabin rebuild and addition. Have a great weekend.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin, Folks.
The sky was a beautiful red about 30 minutes ago! It's 64 degrees and we are bracing for another round of rough weather, I afraid the skies may turn to a nasty green as this storm come our way, we are under a Tornado Watch for several more hours.
We were in the bad weather in Panama City yesterday when we got the news, the doc is going to have to work on my shoulder again. ::shrug:: Need a little more info about this but all that will have to wait until Monday morning. Something they saw on the x-ray wasn't just right and I didn't get a clear enough explanation. If all this has to be done again, I'll feel like we wasted 2 weeks. ::skeptic::
Coffee is ready, lets go have a good hot cup and watch the weather come racing across the Florida Panhandle.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:51 am Good Mornin, Folks.
The sky was a beautiful red about 30 minutes ago! It's 64 degrees and we are bracing for another round of rough weather, I afraid the skies may turn to a nasty green as this storm come our way, we are under a Tornado Watch for several more hours.
We were in the bad weather in Panama City yesterday when we got the news, the doc is going to have to work on my shoulder again. ::shrug:: Need a little more info about this but all that will have to wait until Monday morning. Something they saw on the x-ray wasn't just right and I didn't get a clear enough explanation. If all this has to be done again, I'll feel like we wasted 2 weeks. ::skeptic::
Coffee is ready, lets go have a good hot cup and watch the weather come racing across the Florida Panhandle.
Treefarmer
Tree Farmer stay positive, it may change again when you go back Monday. You are in our thoughts.

65 degrees with rain forecast for most of the day. That can't change my outlook, still looking forward to attending the Columbus (IN) Gun Show with my bride and oldest granddaughter today.

Everyone stay safe, healthy and keep Tree Farmer in your thoughts and prayers.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Rain, rain, rain and more rain. Gonna rain on us all the way down and back on our yo-yo trip down to Bloomington and it means that all the birthday celebrants will have to pack into my Granddaughter's house. Oh well. We shall persevere. It's the two hour drive down and back in the rain that I dread.

There's also a knife stuck in Palatine. I kinda hope it stays stuck until Monday so the porch pirates don't get a chance at it while we're gone.

My best to all.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning folks.
Last night was fun... NOT!
Got over 35 hours however.
Waiting on my phone to charge then I will sleep for a while.
Looking for the magic penny!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. Phil,, tough break but hang in, it'll get better.
It'll be a very lazy day here as there is nothing happening. We have a cool 57º in my back yard and will be in the 80s later today. I've been busy hand-polishing brass bolsters. It is pretty much busy work but it gives me something to do.
Hope your Saturday is a good one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡60 may make the upper 60's so sez Heather the weekend guesser, chance of rain off and on all day.
Critters are fed.
Got the grass cut yestiddy so that's out of the way for a little while.
Trash and recycle run is on today's agenda, that is if the weather is fit and I'm feeling industrious.
PS thanks for the comments on the big Joe scramble, it was delicious, fresh kale picked and brought to me by my good friend and neighbor really topped it off.
That's aggravating Farmer, hope things get better for you. ::pray::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Treefarmer, arm yourself with questions when you go back to the Doc. The what ifs and why fors. Now days the patient has to
advocate for themselves. Make him explain stuff. I'm in the process of breaking in a new general doc, so far 2 unnecessary CT scans and 1 unneeded RX. And one test and 1 RX that should have been ordered and weren't. Minor compared to surgery but still, damnit, listen to me!

The sun is trying to shine but it is right chilly 43, high in the low 50's. will be like that for a week. Even some lows below the freezing mark.
Need food......
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Ray polish those bolsters and blades up for the Belton show this month.
I'm waiting on supplies, so I can't do any knife work right now. I wish we had
a good knife supply store nearby. The closest one to me is Jantz, which is about
a 1 1/2 hour drive away. Anyway I hope y'all have a great weekend and be a
blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning folks, another morning of damp,rainy weather . Need to head to Post Office and Farm and Fleet ,and Check on folks. Maybe head out to Car shop and help the boys get the Packard body back on the frame, then have a visit,haven’t seen a couple of the boys ( men now ) in a year or so.
Philip, hang in there ,your doing what you can . It’s a tough surgery to recover from , my right side was done in 96 , and it’s been great since . But the therapy and discomfort is a rough one,but worth it!
Jerry D ,are porch pirates still a big issue by you ?
The weather is bad in parts of our country, pray that no one is hurt ,and property damage minimal!
Take care ,stay safe !
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ripster wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:39 pm
Jerry D ,are porch pirates still a big issue by you ?
Off and on. Didn't get home until 5:30. Knife had been delivered and was still in the mailbox. so today was a good day even though it rained on and off all day. Good birthday party. LOTS of people there I hadn't seen in years. It was all good.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Up a tad too early, so I'll get the joint opened up and the coffee flowin'

Wife stumbled through on a head call a few minutes ago. I asked if she wanted to go
to Mountain Top flea ... she declined ... I may go anyway ...

Yawl have a grandiose Sunday
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning Chris and all who follow. I think our long dark wet spell just might go away soon. We haven't seen the sun all week. It's been more rare than an honest politician in DC. Adult Sunday School and church in a few hours and then over to son's house for brunch. Then home to play with the three batches of knives and belt buckles I picked up this weekend. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Chris, at least now she can't say you didn't ask.

Rain again today, then clearing with highs in the 50's and 60's for the foreseeable future. Ahh, Spring in The Great Midwest. I epoxied a magnet into my little antler knife stand. Waiting on daylight to try it out with pictures of the knife that came yesterday. Y'all behave yourselves. And that means you too, MN Dave.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

Good morning from the Mountains of WV, it's 51* here and we had a little rain last night. Got my critters and birds fed, something I've noticed this year at the feeder is I have a bunch of Cardinals coming in, I've always had some but a lot more now, all good. My coffee is done so better get some, have a good Sunday.
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good Morning from East Texas.
Coffee ain't too bad.
I have a procedure for doing penny rolls.
This box has screwed up the process.
No shield pennies in these rolls.
Oh well. Maybe do some sharpening.
Looking for the magic penny!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
Cloudy this morning, 62 degrees and the birds are singin' up a storm. They are probably literally, singing up another storm. The rain this morning is off shore, below Panama City. We got 3.4" out of the rain yesterday, lots of wind. The tornadoes yesterday were down in Bay County, didn't hear of any loss of life or injuries but there were lots of pictures and reports of the damage on all the TV channels, including the Weather Channel.
Going to try to make it to church at 10:30, definitely not to Sunday school. Shoulder soreness is still present but not as bad as it was. Going to get some better information and seen what options are there before Tuesday's scheduled "going back in". ::shrug:: Got hustled around last Friday just a bit more than I needed.
Well I need to go wake Miss Joy for coffee, she is about worn out helpin' me with so many little things I have difficulty when only using one arm.
Y'all have a great day and try to make it to church, we'll be on the back row, I think. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Looks like another great day here in Ponder Country.
Just a lazy Sunday after church and lunch. Everyone have a great day
and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' all. I slept in a little this morning, even tho I wasn't up late. Already done my run thru in the shower and ready for meetin'.
Hope you all have a blessed Sunday. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”