First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', full diner this morning!
I'll just have to start out by scolding and chastising Bro.Ray and the preacher! Y'all been watchin' too much fishin' on TV! Just think you could have dug out the ol' filet knife and had some fine eatin'. Are you feelin' okay? ::skeptic:: ::poke:: ::handshake:: (We tried that catch and release stuff deer huntin' but couldn't ever get it right. :) )
Boy it's muggy this morning, the outside of the window are fogged up, temperature is 78 degrees, the humidity is 95% and I've got the mower loaded on the trailer ready to head to the church yard. Hope the rest of of the boys don't forget about the mowing this morning. ::hmm::
Miss Ann mentioned our pork roast yesterday, let me say it was really fine with cubed up rootibegers (rutabagas), mixed greens and cornbread. The best part was the Boston Butts were only 89 cents a pound!
Need to hurry along this morning and try and beat the heat and the rain.
Y'all have a wonderful Friday!
Trefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, weather is same. sitting in Kroger parking lot waiting for my call in order.
Killed a polecat last night and carted him carcass off.
Feed the critters , the boss and I nothing but coffee so far.
Got my grass cut yestiddy so not much on the work front.
Still need to get the critter food, will go do that after breakfast.
Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
Wait a sec while I wipe the drool off my screen!
Well, I’m going to try to make it to the Barn this week. I keep getting sidetracked. The Cloverdale Swap didn’t yield anything. There’s no knife club anyway.
Happy weekend!
Have a good and safe day everyone!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Happy Friday to them that ain't gotta work tomorrow.
Coffee was decent.Have a bit shy of 27 hours at work.
I went down to the small end of the files.
Don't keep[ every one but the ones I do usually grow 5 or 6 mb with a resize.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin buckaroos, still hot out there. Coffee seems to be helping. One more day of work this week. Guess I better get started. Happy trails!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' David! TY for the coffee!

Heading out to Howards Flea Market in a bit....it's the saister of Webster Flea Market.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David and mornin' Scott. Mornin' to the rest of the folks here. It'll be another day over 100º here and the humidity is 84% right now. I have good 1st cup with country oldies comin' from the computer on KOKEFM. It makes for a good mornin'
Hope you have a good one today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. A rare lazy Saturday ahead of me and I'm loving it. Last night I found a tiny bantam chick wandering around on the chicken barn floor and had to find Mom. There were three possibilities and I didn't think any of the three were sitting on eggs that were going to hatch, but after making a wrong guess I found the chicks shell under a different hen along with three other chicks and two hens setting together claiming the chicks. Both Mom's are a little wacky so I separated them, gave one the chicks, and let the other have the eggs that appear to be still hatching. Years ago my barn was set up for stuff like this but not anymore. It looks to be a near perfect weather day up here. Have a great Saturday.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Hot and sticky is part of being outside in the summer, I sure do enjoy the air conditioned houses, cars, trucks, churches and stores when I think back to days when A/C was a rarity. How did we make it back in the old days? We didn't know any better! Even if the morning starts at 78 degrees and 95% humidity, the 1st cup of steaming hot coffee is mighty good. We do some strange things along the way. ::hmm::
Mowed yesterday at the church and also around an automatic deer feeder in the woods and today we will mow here in our yard. This grass growing will slow down around the end of September, I hope.
Let's have that hot cup and get started!
Y'all have a good day.
Treefarmer

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 am when I think back to days when A/C was a rarity. How did we make it back in the old days?
Treefarmer
We were used to it and for the really miserable days, most everybody had at least one fan. It wasn't A/C but it helped.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, still summer but the air seems drier this morning. Was supposed to rain yestiddy but it all went east of us. Heat dome settling over the US , hopefully the ac will be able to keep up.
Got the TSC run made yestiddy ,bird food, rat poison, weed & grass killer and hand sanitizer boy did I feel like like my pocket was ripped off.
Nothing much on the old agenda for today, usually Saturday is trash day but I did that yestiddy too.
Critters is fed so I'll just rest with a fine cuppa joe, hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Back in "the day" Grandpaw's house had a big fan in the ceiling.
Crack a window open and back then it wasn't bad.
Of course I was no more than say 15 at the time.
I have the window unit in my room at low fan speed and 75.
It's pretty comfortable in here.
Coffee was good. 32.44 to finish the week.
Soon as I got here Sister took off to get Dad.
HE says he is ready to come home.
WE have our doubts.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning all, woke up to fog here this morning, and cold. Just been down to my local bakery for some bread, a couple of sausage rolls and a carrot and walnut cake. The girls made me a "HOT" coffee. They are a family from Cambodia and their produce is good, and the nicest and most Friendliest girls you could meet. Have a good day everyone, and take care. :D
TPK

Post by TPK »

Morning Knifers,

Coffee & Free PopTarts for the first few in here this morning! ::handshake:: (Did I mention it's BYOPT?) :lol:

Changed the front break shoes & disks on Silvia's car yesterday. ::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf:: ::td:: Saved me some money but it's just not my thing. At all! The whole time I was thinking, "Shoulda taken this thing and had it done." After it was finished I thought, "Good that I saved some money! I can spend that on knives!" :mrgreen:
Gotta make my smokes for the week so I'll check back in here latter on today. Have a great Sunday & Stay Safe everyone! ::handshake::

YF,
Tom
Attachments
IMG_20200712_075102.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good morning all, i am posting this on this thread so i do not have it hijacked and a bun fight commence. I was just watching an afternoon news service here, and could not believe the numbers and the vision from America about Corona virus. Seriously, how are you all coping, it must just be horrifying for everyone. If it is any consolation you are all in my thoughts, and please take care and i hope you all have a safe week. Have bought some sausages from my local butcher and will be having them for breakfast tomorrow with eggs, mushrooms and coffee. Do love a good fry up for breakfast. ::drool::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good mornin' to all the folks here and sounds good Cudgee. Not much going on here. Just another day in paradise.
Hope you all have a good day out there. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Sunday Mornin' to Y'all.
We are waking up to 67 degree weather for a change, most mornings last week were in the upper 70's. Still going to be in the 90's according to the folks that are supposed to know.
Got most of the mowing done yesterday and a couple of other little projects, way too hot after the noon meal and a nap to do much outside for several hours.
Tom, you're going to keep on braggin' about them Pop Tarts till I ask Miss Joy to get me a box of them. We hadn't had them since the kids were small and our baby is 42 years old.
cudgee, I'm sure everyone appreciates your concern as we go through this Corona virus thing. There are several AAPK members dealing with this as you have probably read. :( You mentioned sausage and that reminded me, I need to make some summer sausage in the near future. ::hmm::
Coffee is ready, got a lot to do this morning before church in a few hours.
Y'all have a great Sunday, hope you can make it to church, if not watch a service on line or on TV.
Treefarmer
Good morning, Ray, I didn't hear you slip in the door. ::handshake::

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

As I wrote over in the Upper Room, my sister has bounced back. I am very relieved.
Got my weed-wacking done yesterday, then sprained my foot so I am now pretty well hobbled. Can barely get around with a cane. Life is full of surprises.
Very heavy wind and rain storm last night.
Enjoy your day.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning knifers, cool 66 deg. this morning, the tater wagons rolled around quite a bit during the night, dang weather radio kept bellowing, but only about 2 tenths of an inch of rain. The heavy stuff slid past to the west.
It's waffle Sunday with country smoked sausage and bacon on the side, with a hot, strong cuppa joe to drink. Church on the telly.
The county mayor has mandated masks to be worn when out and about
Sure glad to hear Bev is better, but sorry to hear you turned a ankle QS. May your recovery be quick.
This virus sure is strange the way it affects different people and blood types, my BIL took about a month to get over it and still tires easily but is back working. A good friend's daughter, healthy, mid thirties almost died. She spent several weeks in ICU and was on a vent for awhile. Then some seem to shake it off quickly. I'm blood type A-pos so I'm gonna take it seriously.
Hope yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Dad is home as of 2pm yesterday. So far so good.
Reasonable coffee after another spoon of sugar was added.
Going great guns on resizing, renaming and deleting files.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I couldn't get on line this morning. The computer said my broadband was disconnected and they might as well have told me the doohecky fouled up because the whatchamacallit broke. I don't have a clue what to do when the computer does anything it doesn't do every morning. If I can't fix it with a hammer, I'm lost. Sounds like everyone is on the mend. Wish our country and world was. No church today again for us. Jason stopped by on the way home from an emergency call from one of the cabins out by us. My lawn tractor quit mowing and he pulled the mower deck off and found two bearings that were bad. I almost bought a new tractor yesterday, and still might. I have four old ones that I keep meaning to get fixed, but they are all pretty well worn out except for the one Jason just worked on and that one should last me a while but I'd sure love to have a new one. I've never had a new car, truck, or riding mower. We have company coming by this afternoon so I threw an apple/rhubarb pie in. Nothing else planned for the day. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

djknife13 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:21 pm Good morning. I couldn't get on line this morning. The computer said my broadband was disconnected and they might as well have told me the doohecky fouled up because the whatchamacallit broke. I don't have a clue what to do when the computer does anything it doesn't do every morning. If I can't fix it with a hammer, I'm lost. Sounds like everyone is on the mend. Wish our country and world was. No church today again for us. Jason stopped by on the way home from an emergency call from one of the cabins out by us. My lawn tractor quit mowing and he pulled the mower deck off and found two bearings that were bad. I almost bought a new tractor yesterday, and still might. I have four old ones that I keep meaning to get fixed, but they are all pretty well worn out except for the one Jason just worked on and that one should last me a while but I'd sure love to have a new one. I've never had a new car, truck, or riding mower. We have company coming by this afternoon so I threw an apple/rhubarb pie in. Nothing else planned for the day. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
Well, I'd get a new mower, take the deck off the old one and use it as a utility tractor for pulling small trailers with a spray rig, or box trailer for hauling compost around, or mount a chipper on one or for pulling a small disc harrow. That's what I did with my old one after my mother founda stack of bricks while mowing. A new mower deck was going cost 85% of a new mower.
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Wakey wakey all!😁 Good morning...back to reality after two weeks of vacation..had a great time off--spent some time in Cook Forest, cooked out a ton and my niece was home from North Carolina with her new baby so I got to meet my great nephew Leo!😘😁 I was a "great" uncle already but now I'm officially a great uncle!😁..supposed to be cooler here in NW PA until Thursday then the heat returns🤬.. gives me three days to tear my big boiler down for annual State inspection.. should go smoothly though, our treatment chemicals keep the wet side very clean and we tune the fire side quarterly so the tubes just need hand brushed and blown out with air.. coffee tastes good this morning..Scott--i'll take my eggs to go...
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin' Ryan, nice to see you in the FCD!!!

I'll be heading out in a bit to the flea markets!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Good luck my friend! Have a great day 👍😁
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”