First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by djknife13 »

treefarmer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:52 am Good Mornin', Ray, Jerry and Dave!
Nice cool 59 this morning, rain is in the forecast for the next 5 or 6 days. Next week this time, we'll know if they were right. :roll:
Had to sleep in my recliner part of the night as this shoulder sure has knocked me for a loop. Going to do our best to make it to church in a few hours.
Watched more of the pre-derby shows yesterday, kinda enjoyed some of the stories. Learned that the winner was another Florida colt that originally sold for one thousand bucks. ::hmm::
Coffee is ready, y'all have a good day, maybe we'll see you at church.
Treefarmer
The weather system coming in is likely what's setting your recovery back some. I can feel them coming about a day before they show up. This has sure been a tough haul for you. I'm praying this will turn around and you can start doing the things you love doing instead of living in recovery mode.____Dave
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Two and a half days of rain in what seemed like 40.
Sun is up right now.
Coffee coulda used more sugar but Dad was right there,
I'm praying for a fair election in 2022 but don't believe it is actually possible.
I need to make a Walmart run for more MB and HW storage and a can of silver paint.
But breakfast is just around the corner....
Looking for the magic penny!
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Good morning everyone. Beautiful day but still dry. Coffee and cribbage with my daughters before church. Gotta love those moments. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
Bill
Attachments
20210502_083404.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:38 pm Good morning everyone. Beautiful day but still dry. Coffee and cribbage with my daughters before church. Gotta love those moments. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
Bill
Ah hah, another Cribbage player. Do you have more than one board?

Here are mine. The one with the cards on it is the one that gets the most use.
Attachments
image00.jpg
image0001.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:06 pm
thankgod4rkids wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:38 pm Good morning everyone. Beautiful day but still dry. Coffee and cribbage with my daughters before church. Gotta love those moments. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
Bill
Ah hah, another Cribbage player. Do you have more than one board?

Here are mine. The one with the cards on it is the one that gets the most use.
A few. I have a 29 board that my grandpa made that I gave to my oldest son already. And a big 4 track. We play 3 handed alot with the family. My grandpa Waring started me but all of my kids play. This board is always on the coffee table.
Bill
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

::tu:: Helps keep the family together. :D
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning all. Been up awhile but not moving to fast. It's cloudy and cool. Looks like an easy day in the saddle. Happy trails!
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to the week everyone. It's a little early but old folks bladders are a mite weak so thus the early check in. Wishing everyone a splendiferous day and rest of the week.

On this day in history:

1952 England First commercial Jet Airliner. ...
1927 U.S.A. Prohibition. ...
1968 After three days of battle, the U.S. Marines retake Dai Do complex in Vietnam, only to find the North Vietnamese have evacuated the area.
2011 Osama Bin Laden Killed by US Forces.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David and mornin' Jerry and mornin' to the rest of the folks here in the Diner.
We ended up getting about 3 inches of rain over the weekend and we may get more today and tomorrow. My back yard had standing water.
Hope you all have a knife day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Stay dry Ray. Our weekend weather was amazing but I suspect it's back to early Spring again with jacket weather and inside work. My Grand daughter is home recovering and should do OK as long as Mom and Dad can keep her from breaking anything else while she heals up. When she was about 5 and would see me in a room before I saw her, she would run at me full speed to give me a hug and almost take me off my feet. Have a great week and be safe and dry.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Starting out this morning at 71 degrees, had a small shower late last evening, keeping an eye on the weather. Coffee is ready so I best follow orders and get my cup. ::nod:: Miss Joy has been putting in double duty trying to keep everything going on a day to day basis. I know she'll be glad when I can get out of this brace and do a few normal things again!
We've been watching a raccoon working on the Mulberry tree for the last few days. He comes out of the woods and runs up the tree, eats a few berries and then runs back into the woods. No rhyme or reason to his schedule, just anytime he may show up.
Y'all have a wonderful Monday and be safe.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Hidy ho neighbors, coffee is going down good. 57-73 and the sun is up and shining. Dont know how long that will last as rain is predicted later in the day and tonoight. Doing laundry and cooking a pot of beans are the big items on today agenda. Looks like a knife that went on a sight seeing tour to Tuson, AZ is out for delivery. ::ds:: Happy trails!
David
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone, good to see the diner was busy over the weekend ! Our trip up toHayward area was nice,beautiful sunny weather,the wind was another story . It was tough fishing,windy,fronts moving in and out,but we caught enough walleyes for a meal . Since the walleyes were slow to hit ,did some Bass and Northern pike fishing, that was a blast. We caught a few 40 plus inch pike,and a bunch of Bass ,and released all those . The time at camp sitting around the fire was great, hadn’t seen nephews and there boys in almost a year . Was good time ,great to be out on the lake.
Haven’t got caught up with things here yet,hope everyone is doing well and staying out of trouble.
Have a good day out there everyone, enjoy life,keep on smiling!!
JP
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Nobody caught one of the tagged walleyes to win the big $$$ in the contest but saw pictures of a lot of nice ones.
My DL expires this month and I should get the enhanced (gold star) one. Hope I can find all the necessary stuff.
So far I'm batting zero. Hopefully stuff is in the bank safety deposit box.

Saturday the temp hit 93, back in the 60's this week. What happened to 70 degree spring weather?
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Morning folks.
Coffee was good.
Took the Truck to work so I could get Propane because the Burb almost didn't get back last time.
About 5 and 3/4 hours today.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

After a long and arduous weekend, I got one night off, then back at it for ot, covering for a man on vacation.

So let's get the joint opened up, lights on, and coffee to perkin'
Welcome to Tuesday yawl
::handshake::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morin Chris and crew. Coffee sure is fine this morning. 58-66 chance of showers then clearing off later in the day. Work and not much else. Happy traills!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Chris, mornin' David and mornin' to the rest of the folks who'll stop in to the FCD. This is the day for Men's Devotional Breakfast. I'll grab a quick cup and then take off.
Hope your day is a good one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. Pray you guys down South in the storms are doing OK. It's quiet up here, cool and quiet. That's why we live up here. My grass is finally waking up after a long Winter's nap. The poplar leaves are just starting to show a hint of green. My chickens are pacing the pen door wanting to get out into the woods to pick bugs but I won't let them until the leaf canape shows up so the hawks don't have them for lunch and when I can stay home to keep the fox and brush wolf at bay. Have a great Tuesday and be safe.____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone,sure is a nice looking morning brewing out there,a little cool though .
Not much going on today,have to go get my loader and get that back here and start prepping for our brick patio and landscaping this spring . The grass is about ready to mow for first time this year, spring may actually be here . We’ve got our order for bare root plants in , will save a lot of money this way,just have to get them in within a few days of delivery,unlike potted plants,which can live all year in pots with a little water .
That’s it here today ,hope you all have a good one,stay warm and out of trouble!!
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Back up for the second time, up for the day. Gonna have highs in the 60's for the next week+ before it slides back up into the 70's. Summer weather is on it's way.

Need to pick up some more losing Lottery tickets this morning on the way to the grocery store. Mother Hubbard's Cupboard is down to one frozen dinner in the ice box so I need to replenish. If I run out of food, I might waste away to nothing. :lol: My best to all. May your day be sunny and bright.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, got a little wind, thunder and rain in the area this a.m. didn't lose the electricity though it blinked off a couple of times. Don't think it did any real damage on homers ole homestead ,but damage over around White House and south of me in the Joulton area.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there
::handshake::
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning FCD Friends, it is 66 degrees with steady rain with more forecast all day. Looks like the weatherman is trying to wash us away. Good to hear that the storm front did not do any damage to anyone that frequents the FCD. Managed to get just a brief dry spell late yesterday and got the yard work done quickly, although not as thorough job as I would have liked. Helped the neighbor cut her yard before dark as I did not think it was safe for her pushing a mower after dark.
Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Afternoon folks. When I got home I went out to try and fix a bad connection in the Burb.
It isn't like my truck in that it has a plug rather than fitting into like the truck.
Coffee was good.
Weather is kinda rainy.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Afternoon, I'm slippin' in the FCD about 6 or 7 hours late. :oops:
Still on light duty and this morning I didn't even turn on the computer on until Miss Joy was fixin' lunch.
Looks like all us folks in the South need to continue to pay attention to the weather for the next day or so! We've only experienced some wind and a few showers so far but this evening the mess is supposed to come through the Panhandle. The clouds coming north out of the Gulf make it very overcast but in a minute or two they move enough to allow the sun to brighten everything like noon time, like a kid playin' with a light switch.
Y'all have a good afternoon and keep an eye on the weather.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”