First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
Came home and cut the yard.
Took a shower.
Read some of a new Stone Barrington book and here I am.
Coffee was good.
Got some penny stuff to do.
Looking for the magic penny!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Up a tad early, so I'll light the fire and plug in the pot.
Wife and I are making a little road trip today, heading to the Collinsville Trade Day.
It's been mentioned in a thread here... about a 2 hour drive for us.

Yawl have a grand ol' Satiddy
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Rise and shine. Thanks for the coffee Chris. 61-85 and sunshine. Work and not much else. Happy trails!
David
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Top o’ the mornin’ all - I’m working at the range today and the gunshop is stocked to the gills with weapons and ammo so it should be hopping. I’ll snap a few pics as the day goes on and post them here later. Hoping to “dine-out” tonight with my bride for the first time since 2019, whatever will we talk about, knives? ::shrug:: guns?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good Saturday morning. I'm off to do some work at our church Bible Camp with a bunch of guys from the various Covenant churches around our area. It should be a fun day. Have a great weekend.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Y'all are all out just skitter skatter'in all over the place. All I have on the agenda is AAPK, reading & Cubs baseball. Hope I didn't put anybody to sleep with this post.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning , Chris ,have a good time at trade days. Sounds like a good time.
It’s a bright and calm day here , a little frost in spots ,but warming to 60 s . Wife and I will be heading to our local Farmers Market in a short . First market of the year,we go most every Saturday . We get cheese curds for breakfast,long story, but the curds are the best around !! Then go to my friends brickyard and get our brick pavers ordered for our house,ordered all the water feature stuff last night. Going to have a mill stone bubbler type watering hole for the birds instead of a bird bath . And all the shrubs will be here in a couple weeks ,and a few more trees . That’s about it here in the valley.
Treefarmer,hope you’re doing well with your recovery!
Smitty, take it easy on that knee.
Happy Mother’s Day Ann, Boji, and all you mother’s out there,hope tomorrow is filled with many good things for all you Mothers .
Have a good weekend friends,take care .
JP
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡52 heading up to around 70 with rain in the afternoon.
Critters are fed, ole Tom turkey strutting his stuff for brown Betty as the boss calls her. 2 Mr. p's on the suet pole.
Trash/ recycling run and trip to the local TSC for critter food. Might stop in at the little flea mkt.
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Cheryl has gone to hear our daughter speak on missions at some women's gathering and then they are going to get their hair and nails done. Cheryl hasn't been able to do that in a long time. Me, I'm just going to relax right here with Griffin and do just about nothing.
Everyone have a great weekend and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

So far this am we have had sun, sleet, snow, hail and sun now!! What’s next?? All at 45/50deg. 🙃
John 🎩
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Mother Nature has caught cold again, high forecast today 52, chance of frost for the next 3 nights, geez, would ya get spring here to stay? Please!

As of yesterday I'm no longer a Truck Driven Mama, traded my Tundra for a Rav 4. Quite a change, hope I like it. Was getting tired of the 12-15mpg.
Plus pickups are in high demand here so the trade in was decent. Main problem is where to put all the stuff I usually have in a vehicle.
Rav.jpg
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Boji wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:22 pm Mother Nature has caught cold again, high forecast today 52, chance of frost for the next 3 nights, geez, would ya get spring here to stay? Please!

As of yesterday I'm no longer a Truck Driven Mama, traded my Tundra for a Rav 4. Quite a change, hope I like it. Was getting tired of the 12-15mpg.
Plus pickups are in high demand here so the trade in was decent. Main problem is where to put all the stuff I usually have in a vehicle.
Rav.jpg
Nice ride!!👍💎👍 Good Luck 🍀
John 🤠

Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Morning folks.
Happy Saturday.
Coffee was good.
Got precisely 6 hours today.
Going out in a bit to Walmart and other places in Cleveland.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jmh58 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:29 pm
Boji wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:22 pm Mother Nature has caught cold again, high forecast today 52, chance of frost for the next 3 nights, geez, would ya get spring here to stay? Please!

Rav.jpg
Nice ride!!👍💎👍 Good Luck 🍀
John 🤠
Proud for you Boji
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Rav.jpg
I wouldn't worry too much mate, you picked the best SUV money can buy.
Should last you aleast 10-15 years; if you take care of her, she'll take care of you.
Great color btw.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Last Saturday at this time it was 93, currently 42, Bah Humbug!

I also own a Mini Cooper S convertible with a 6 speed manual shift. I was trying to shift the Rav today. Duh!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Boji wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:00 pm Last Saturday at this time it was 93, currently 42, Bah Humbug!

I also own a Mini Cooper S convertible with a 6 speed manual shift. I was trying to shift the Rav today. Duh!
That made me laugh!! Yep. Did it!! 🏎
John 🎩

thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Morning all! The wife had to work at the NICU today so got up at 5 and made her breakfast. Our two youngest are driving her to work. Hour drive so she gets some time with her kids. Our oldest son and his wife and my granddaughter will pick her up with me and take her out for supper tonight. Have to drive an hour the other way pretty soon to see my Mom. Have a blessed Sunday and Happy Mother's Day everyone.
Bill
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
This is a rough day for Cheryl having just lost her mother. We will go to church this morning and then all of the kids and grandkids are coming over this afternoon to be with Cheryl.

Have a great Mother's day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Beautiful day in store. Church in a few hours and maybe take Jane out to dinner some where, or make her a nice meal at home, which ever she wants. I don't know if any of the kids are showing up today. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡58 may hit thethe upper 70's. Severe weather may be on the way. We had some pretty wild storms about a mile north of me last Tuesday, lots of big trees blown down out buildings blew away and trees on buildings. 3 F1 tornados reported by some.
Outside critters are fed , inside ones are waiting on boss momma to finish out her nap.
Happy mothers day to all the moms out there, may God bless you.
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

My mom left us in 2006.
Dementia got her,
Got a cup of seriously bad coffee.
It is thinking about raining.
There is always penny stuff.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
I missed the FCD for a couple of mornings, hope everything is going well with the crew.
This is the 3rd morning in a row that we have been flirting with the high 40's at daylight, of course it warms up and gets in the mid 80's after noon.
We had a big day yesterday celebrating Mother's Days, son and his family and our middle daughter spent the afternoon with us. Our daughter had bought a bunch of shrimp for our meal together and it turned into an afternoon of grazing on 2 different boiled shrimp pots! Mighty good!
Looking forward to church in a few hours and then a lazy afternoon!
Had my best night sleeping since my 2 shoulder surgeries, slept in the bed without having to end up in the recliner for part of the night. 12 more days and hopefully I'll be able to quit wearing this crazy shoulder brace.
Y'all have a great day and don't forget it's Mother's Day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Just Plain Dave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:15 pm My mom left us in 2006.
Sorry to hear that Dave.

Mother's Day has a whole new meaning for me these days. My Mom died 1 Oct 1989. She was 70 years old. Worst day of my life.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends, got a good cup of coffee to get started with. 51-60 cloudy and breezy. My sisters decided we are taking mom out to eat today. Not sure where thats at yet. The rest of the day I'm flying by the seat of my pant so we'll see what happen. Probably not much. As long as mom is happy nothing else matters. Happy trails!
David

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”