First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jmh58

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by jmh58 »

Its Sunday and sunny and supposed to go to 40deg!! ::woot:: Must be "Woods Wonder" time!!! ::ds:: ::ds::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

I had a surprisingly good mug of last of the pot coffee.
Scrambled eggs, little sausages and toast.
In the neighborhood of 50s outside. The sun is shining and I reckon it'll be quite warm later.
Have a great Sunday y'all.
Looking for the magic penny!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Would love to have St. Pat visit Washington and drive out the snakes there. Returned to freezing here.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Had a tough time getting to sleep last night - I didn't close my eyes until 1 AM. However, once I was asleep, I stayed asleep, so I still got my normal 7 hours. I think I'll be able to finish painting the spackle patches today - finally!

No Irish blood in me (that I know of) - but happy green beer day to all!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
It’s sunny and going to warm up. Yay! Yesterday was so nice that I took my lunch to a park and had my own picnic. I sat at a table and just enjoyed the day. Then I went to the Open Mic and got to see a good friend who has been away for awhile. I finally took a whack at ‘Me and Bobby McGee’. I have no idea why I didn’t do it before. I’ve been playing it as long as I’ve been playing, just not on stage.
I got some said news. My ex brother in law passed yesterday. He’d been married to my ex’s sister. They’d broken up but were still on very good terms. Matter of fact, he’d been going to move in again because his health failed and he needed help. Then she passed last year, very suddenly. Want to hear the freaky part? Yesterday was her birthday.
There’s already a planned get to gether for a nephew’s BDay tonight, so I guess I’ll see ‘em all. I still go to all the family stuff. It’s kind of funny, I’m closer to the family as an ex than the boys are, who are in by blood!
I’m off to the quarterly 20th Centuary Flea Market Out in Vancouver. It’s usually a good haul. I’m hoping the folks with the large Richards Mountie are there. I almost bought it last time, and should have. The one I already own is looking suspiciously dark.
Happy St Paddy’s! My Irish 3/16 is loud and proud today!
Have a good and safe day everyone
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Linnea called this morning and gave me my schedule for the day. She has a corned beef simmering away in the slow cooker so we can eat when she gets home from Bingo. I do enjoy a good Corned Beef now and then and I always thought we (Dad's side) were Scotch-Irish but after doing the Ancestry.com thing a couple of years ago I discovered we're a Dukes mixture of British Isles, predominately English strengthend by my mother's English ancestory. Just like a lot of folks, there's a handful of Western European scraps tossed into the stew. My family has been in this country since before it was a country so we consider ourselves 100% American.

It's didja know time:

Didja know Erin go Bragh, sometimes Erin go Braugh, is the anglicisation of an Irish language phrase, Éirinn go Brách, and is used to express allegiance to Ireland. It is most often translated as "Ireland Forever."

And that, boys and girls, is your didja know for St. Patrick's day.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Well thank you sir....now if I knew what all the green hooplah was about, but I care not actually.

Coffee's on folks. I'm heading, with 3 half pints, to Webster Flea Market in an hour!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' gal and guys. It is another Monday and I have to go get the trash bin out to the curb. Nothing particular on the agenda for the day.
Hope you all have a good day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Trip to the Post Office, then stop and get some fresh Lottery ticket losers before my dentist appointment. I tell ya, my life is so exciting, sometimes I can barely catch my breath.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'.
Jerry, what are you doin' up so early? ::shrug::
Ray has to carry the garbage out before the truck comes and Scott is headin' to the biggest and oldest Flea Market in Florida and you're only headin' to the post office and the dentist, man you need to get a life! ::poke:: :) But hey, I guess you've done something none of us 3 have done this year, shovel snow.
Speaking of snow, our weather is back down around 43 this morning, the heat pump has been running off and on all night.
Coffee is made let's go have a cup!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Good morning all. It's a beautiful sunny morning here in the Bluegrass State with a glaze of frost on everything outside. It will be melted soon enough. By the time I'm ready to go anywhere I won't have to scrape the windshield. I bought two Canal Street knives at the Dalton Show over the weekend. Upon my return home I discovered I already owned examples of both of them. ::dang:: That's a sign I've either got too many knives or not enough memory. (And we all know you can't have too many knives.)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We have a stretch of nice weather heading our way all week. My daughter-in-law Melody's mom, Karen, passed away a couple hours after we left the nursing home last night. Karen's only remaining sister and her niece made it up from Tennessee in time to see her before she passed away and they and Melody and Jason were all with Karen when she died. Jason and I had planned to check out a job this morning but that can wait a few days. Another one of my classmates, Mike, also passed away. This one on Friday. Mike and I grew up as neighbors and spent many hours building forts out in the woods around our homes. One time we used barn lumber from the back side of Mikes dad's barn until his dad happened to notice the big hole in the wall. They didn't have cows anymore so we didn't figure he'd mind. We were wrong. I didn't get in trouble but Mike had a real learning experience from that project. We used Poplar sticks we chopped down with our hatchets after that, but our forts were never as nice. I suppose I'll have two memorial services in the next couple weeks. These things always seem to come in threes, so I'm watching my steps pretty closely for the near future. Have a great week and be safe and don't die, unless you want to be number three. Then I'll be off the hook. ____Dave
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, coffee sure is good this morning. Planted some french breakfast radishes and red romaine lettuce yesterday. Farmers and Ranchers have started burning pastures already. Going to cook a pot of chili after while. Happy trails!
David
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
My sympathies Dave. It’s been a tough week for in-laws.
Well, I got a couple of knives at the big swap and a biker jacket. Heavy leather, 20 bucks! Yeehaa!
Got to cut short and run. Sunshine!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I crawled back in the rack after my previous post and just woke up to a dusting of snow on everything. WHA...?? That wasn't in the forecast. This shirt has got to stop. :x

MN Dave, so sorry to hear your sad news. 2019 is turning to another 2018. Is that because of our age?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning, Getting some coffee down before work. Looks like we got a chance of rain later today. Keep you powder dry and happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' gal and guys. It must be Tuesday since I'm off to the Men's Devotional Breakfast. Not much else to do for the day. It is 52º and headed for the 70s before the sun sets this evening.
Hope your day is a good one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

57 and light rain.....perfect for camping in a cabin!!!!

Catch you all in a couple days... ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'.
Got the coffee on, it's too dark to see much out side. We must have had a pretty fair cloud cover last night as it is 48 degrees this morning and didn't notice the almost full moon like we did a few night ago.
Got to go buy a couple of cans of diesel before I do much more dragging of tree tops and logs to the pile, the little yellow light came on yesterday.
Miss Joy worked hard at preparing our raised beds yesterday, we were tired ol' dogs last night!
Sitting here admiring my, new to me, 6225 1/2 XX (baby coke bottle) Swell center jack. Shame on rust!
I do hope y'all have a great Tuesday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Morning, folks. No coffee in the office so are waiting for some to show up. Horrible rainy morning today, but interrupted by a sighting of the most brilliant red cardinal landing in nearby foliage. Broke right through the morning gloom. It's the little things...

Have a great day, all!
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Good morning all. The sun is shining brightly here this morning and it's quickly making the overnight frost retreat.

Tony did that cardinal look like this one that visits me daily ? And yes, you're right, it is the little things......
Attachments
IMG_6640.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I woke up this morning not having a clue what day of the week it is, but mostly thinking it is Sunday and we were almost late for church. Sounds like dementia setting in. With work slowed down and too much other stuff going on in my life that isn't "get up and go to work" regular routine, I'm feeling old and out of place. I'll go feed my chickens. That should kick start my Tuesday. Phil, I see you posted in Knife Finds and are playing with a Case knife so I'll have to check that out. I'm still toting around last Saturday's finds to show anyone I can slow down to see what I have. Have a great ....Tuesday, yeah that's it Tuesday. It's suppose to be a beautiful one up here. ____Dave _____Phil, that Cardinal is beautiful, all we have this morning are squirrels.
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Good morning everyone
We are having record high temps, and I’ll take ‘em!
I was given/traded a good old Krusius fixed in exchange for my $20 biker jacket. It fit the kid way better than it fit me. He had the knife. Now we are both happy!
Whoops, got to go. I’m working at the boss’s today - Indian lunch!
Oh, hey, we all got a $.30 raise :mrgreen:
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Gets below freezing at night but does warm up with the sun which we have been seeing recently. Sorry to hear about the heavy flooding in parts of the midwest. Hope none of our members are affected.
I think we are down to 1 pair of Cardinals now. Hope they will stick around and nest.

From last year.
3 birds (2).jpg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Happy Wednesday y'all. Got a darn good mug. It's Marquee day. It's also change the filters day.
And of course the Eagle poops today..
Later gators.
Looking for the magic penny!

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”