First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cudgee

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by cudgee »

Reiterating what Tom said about the poor souls affected by Tornado's in Mississippi, devastating for those people affected. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning Tom & Cudgee. Definitely prayers for the storm victims. I was talking with a neighbor yesterday. He was telling me how the wind patterns have changed and I agree. The past two years have been notable. Our speculation is that more warm air is reaching us from the south. When it mixes with the cooler air from the west or north, all hell breaks loose at least to the degree that substantial winds are blowing thru much of the day.

A beautiful, mature, Red-Tail was circling in the sky yesterday. Tried to get photos but no luck.

peace & health
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING FELLOW DINERS

Prayers go out to those that were in the tornados path. I have friends who live close to where the devastation occurred but fortunately the storm came close but missed them. 57 degrees with a high of 65. Rain predicted for most of the day. Still not up yet. Gotta feed critters and make me some coffee and breakfast. No definite plans for today. Just take it as it comes.
Hope you all have a terrific day !
-Oscar outta here
::pace::
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I'll add my amens to the prayers for those in the storm's path down south. Pray you are all well. We have been having really nice weather up here and I'm hoping our nasty winter is finally gasping the last of the really nasty stuff. I posted 9 knives in Knife Finds from yesterday's jaunt up North to my friend Rogers home of some really nice stuff including a Kinfolks hunter that is amazing and some nice green bone folders among others, and I didn't have to drive across two states to get them. It sure made me feel less like I'm missing out of the Janesville show that I've loved going to up until two years ago. I love it when a plan comes together. Yesterday was a really nice day for a drive too with 40 plus temps and sunshine. Janesville got 11 inches of what we have way too much of up here. Not much planned for today after church. I've been cleaning up a WR Case and son's scout that I got yesterday from Roger that appeared to have spent some time near a celluloid that was committing suicide and is in really good condition otherwise, so I might put some more effort in that this afternoon. Have a great sunday and be safe.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Good morning all. Up for the day. Snow this morning will mix with and change to rain this afternoon. High around 40F. Hopefully that will accelerate the demise of the snow we have left on the ground. Really looking forward to some Spring like weather. My best to all.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
There are heavy dark clouds heading north, no rain on the radar, 72 degrees this fine Sunday morning. We had all sorts of weather alerts yesterday, even heard thunder a few times but no measurable rain fall. Adding to what Garry mentioned about the weather, yesterday's local reports mentioned 2 layers of south wind feeding the dangerous activity that occurred a bit north of us. A surface wind blowing due north and a wind at the 5000 foot level coming from the southwest at a much faster speed meeting the fronts from the Pacific create these violent happenings. Where the different air masses collide is where we see the devastation on the ground. Tornado season is a spooky time. At least during hurricane season, we have time to prepare. ::hmm:: Continue to pray for the situation in Mississippi, so sad.
Dave, I saw your "new" knives! Enjoy them and Jerry keep your snow and cold weather tied down in the back yard. Can't have it influencing our 86 degrees yesterday afternoon!
Church in a few hours, going to make Angel hair pasta and meat squares for dinner today, always a fine meal.
Y'all are welcome to come worship with us today, there's always room for more. ::handshake::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Philip, if I had any influence at all, I would ban it entirely once Spring rolls in.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 43 the low this a.m.mid 70's by afternoon sez our new weekend weather guru.
Nothing much on the agenda, praying for the folks in Silver city and rolling fork Mississippi and Ala.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. I am all scrubbed up and ready for meetin' this morning. Other than church, nothing much planned for the day. Though I'm not much of a fan, I'll watch some basketball later on in the day since my guys are still in the mix.
Hope you all have a blessed day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
Absolutely nothing planned for today except my Sunday routine, church, lunch at the café and home for a siesta.
Have a great day and please be safe... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Headed to church then I'll be listing some of my firearms on GunBroker today.

It's time to cull the herd a bit and my adult children and I have already identified the ones they wish to inherit.

A bit hard to let some of these go... I like them, but I don't want to encumber my wife with figuring out what to do with them once I'm gone.

I also need to get s list of folks on AAPK who buy entire knife collections... So she'll know who to contact when I'm gone someday.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy neighbors, slept in this morning was in no hurry to get up. Sure need the coffee to help. Dont have any big plans at the moment so will have to see what develops as the day progresses. 32-56 and sunny. Chance of rain later on. Tornado season isnt for the faint of heart. I've lived in tornado alley most of my life. From mid-march to mid-june you keep an eye on the sky. The Red Buds have started blooming this last week. Thats always a good sign spring is here to stay. Happy trails!
Attachments
proxy-image (45).jpeg
proxy-image (45).jpeg (18.16 KiB) Viewed 297 times
David
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Good afternoon to all. Tom, I hope you're feeling better! It's currently 50 degrees, with 56/37 predicted. Today should have been the day I make a run to Tractor Supply, but I forgot to have the financial manager put the order in. At least we don't need the stuff critically. Nothing planned for today. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Another round of severe thunderstorms has been moving through all night.
Power went out about 8:30, back on around 10:30. Was surprised it was restored before morning !
::groove:: Thank goodness for the linemen who get it done . . .

'tis Monday once again. Supposed to be a new guy joining our shift tonight.

Yawl have a grand week and STAY SAFE !
::handshake::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks for opening today Royal.
Bad thunderstorms and pouring down rain all last night. 61 degrees now with a high of 77. More rain expected today. Other than that, SSDD ! Gonna do some chores at the house today and maybe some grocery shopping in between the rainfall. Have a great week everyone.
-Oscar outta here ::pace::
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Thanks for opening up, and as Oscar said hope everyone has a good week. Hopefully we may see some pics from those attending one of the knife shows on the weekend. :)
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks here in the FCD. I woke up early and my 1st cup has cooled to the 'just right' temp. Speaking of temps, it is 59º right now and headed for about 80º or so with a chance for a shower. I'll make a post office run this morning and then take a good nap.
Hope you all have a great Monday.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Morning fellow diners. A few showers are expected with a high of 60.

I'll do somehouse cleaning. Nothing interesting on the horizon.

peace & health
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good Monday morning. Pray you all have a good and safe week. God Bless._____Dave_
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High near 45F. Another nothing Monday. Nothing going on, nothing to do. Temps up and down like a YoYo this week. Y'all behave yourselves.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 50 heading to around 70 sez Leland.
Critters are waiting till good daylight, I don't like stumbling around in pore light, I'm clumsy enough when I can see good.
I'm thinking I might get the redbud tree cut up that the storm blew down, then again it ain't going nowhere.
Boss has a beauty shop app.and Sam's run on her agenda, so that makes me the head knocker around here this morning, we is talking large and in charge here. ::super_happy::
Better go feed the cat and birds,yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Cyber Friends.
70 at Starvation Plantation this morning, cloudy off and on all day yesterday but no precipitation. They keep promising us rain, maybe this afternoon. ::shrug::
Looks to be a normal day chore wise, we both have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow morning in Panama, actually a nurse practitioner appointment, shoulder shot time.
The grass/spring weeds need mowing again, the Mulberrys are turning red, looks like they survived the last cold snap.
Let's go drink that 1st cup.
Y'all have a wonderful day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Morning gents-

Not much cooking here in Eastern Iowa this week… maybe I to the 50’s midweek.

Ok- off to work.

Thank you, God, for this day and all our blessings
Jim
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning folks, anew week is here. Sure enjoyed a day of rest yesterday. Have some errands and domestic chores to do sometime today. 24-56 and sunny. For now its coffee time. Happy trails!
Attachments
proxy-image (40).jpeg
proxy-image (40).jpeg (9.62 KiB) Viewed 214 times
David
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon Folks.
My computer is acting bad.
Coffee was good,