First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Ripster »

Morning folks, another morning of damp,rainy weather . Need to head to Post Office and Farm and Fleet ,and Check on folks. Maybe head out to Car shop and help the boys get the Packard body back on the frame, then have a visit,haven’t seen a couple of the boys ( men now ) in a year or so.
Philip, hang in there ,your doing what you can . It’s a tough surgery to recover from , my right side was done in 96 , and it’s been great since . But the therapy and discomfort is a rough one,but worth it!
Jerry D ,are porch pirates still a big issue by you ?
The weather is bad in parts of our country, pray that no one is hurt ,and property damage minimal!
Take care ,stay safe !
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ripster wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:39 pm
Jerry D ,are porch pirates still a big issue by you ?
Off and on. Didn't get home until 5:30. Knife had been delivered and was still in the mailbox. so today was a good day even though it rained on and off all day. Good birthday party. LOTS of people there I hadn't seen in years. It was all good.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Up a tad too early, so I'll get the joint opened up and the coffee flowin'

Wife stumbled through on a head call a few minutes ago. I asked if she wanted to go
to Mountain Top flea ... she declined ... I may go anyway ...

Yawl have a grandiose Sunday
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning Chris and all who follow. I think our long dark wet spell just might go away soon. We haven't seen the sun all week. It's been more rare than an honest politician in DC. Adult Sunday School and church in a few hours and then over to son's house for brunch. Then home to play with the three batches of knives and belt buckles I picked up this weekend. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Chris, at least now she can't say you didn't ask.

Rain again today, then clearing with highs in the 50's and 60's for the foreseeable future. Ahh, Spring in The Great Midwest. I epoxied a magnet into my little antler knife stand. Waiting on daylight to try it out with pictures of the knife that came yesterday. Y'all behave yourselves. And that means you too, MN Dave.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

Good morning from the Mountains of WV, it's 51* here and we had a little rain last night. Got my critters and birds fed, something I've noticed this year at the feeder is I have a bunch of Cardinals coming in, I've always had some but a lot more now, all good. My coffee is done so better get some, have a good Sunday.
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good Morning from East Texas.
Coffee ain't too bad.
I have a procedure for doing penny rolls.
This box has screwed up the process.
No shield pennies in these rolls.
Oh well. Maybe do some sharpening.
Looking for the magic penny!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
Cloudy this morning, 62 degrees and the birds are singin' up a storm. They are probably literally, singing up another storm. The rain this morning is off shore, below Panama City. We got 3.4" out of the rain yesterday, lots of wind. The tornadoes yesterday were down in Bay County, didn't hear of any loss of life or injuries but there were lots of pictures and reports of the damage on all the TV channels, including the Weather Channel.
Going to try to make it to church at 10:30, definitely not to Sunday school. Shoulder soreness is still present but not as bad as it was. Going to get some better information and seen what options are there before Tuesday's scheduled "going back in". ::shrug:: Got hustled around last Friday just a bit more than I needed.
Well I need to go wake Miss Joy for coffee, she is about worn out helpin' me with so many little things I have difficulty when only using one arm.
Y'all have a great day and try to make it to church, we'll be on the back row, I think. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Looks like another great day here in Ponder Country.
Just a lazy Sunday after church and lunch. Everyone have a great day
and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' all. I slept in a little this morning, even tho I wasn't up late. Already done my run thru in the shower and ready for meetin'.
Hope you all have a blessed Sunday. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Well, another Sunday is here and it's beautiful weather this morning. The rain cleared out last night, so all the birds and critters are out in force this morning. Got them fed and did my walk about this morning. I think it's supposed to get up to around 78 today. My youngest daughter and her son coming over later. So gonna do some Wings and Brats. Gotta get the grille ready, and probably help my betterhalf making some slaw and whatever else she wants to go with it. Anyway, time for another cup of coffee, so you guys have a great day.

royal0014 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:29 am Mornin' Y'all
Up a tad too early, so I'll get the joint opened up and the coffee flowin'

Wife stumbled through on a head call a few minutes ago.
Thanks for opening up the Diner. If you go to Mountain Top today, let us know how it looked. I was thinking about going, but I've got company coming later for lunch, so I need to get the grill ready, prepare the meat and help my betterhalf get things ready. Hope you find something good.

wv trapper wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 am Good morning from the Mountains of WV, it's 51* here and we had a little rain last night. Got my critters and birds fed, something I've noticed this year at the feeder is I have a bunch of Cardinals coming in, I've always had some but a lot more now, all good. My coffee is done so better get some, have a good Sunday.
I believe there has been a boom in their numbers. Two years ago, I only saw two pair feeding here. Last year there were three, and they all made nests close, because in the mornings later after spring, I would have up to 8 young cardinals along with the three adult pairs feeding in the yard. I've also had a increase in Gold Finch and I never used to see them around.

treefarmer wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:54 am Good Mornin', Fellers.
Cloudy this morning, 62 degrees and the birds are singin' up a storm. They are probably literally, singing up another storm. The rain this morning is off shore, below Panama City. We got 3.4" out of the rain yesterday, lots of wind. The tornadoes yesterday were down in Bay County, didn't hear of any loss of life or injuries but there were lots of pictures and reports of the damage on all the TV channels, including the Weather Channel.
Going to try to make it to church at 10:30, definitely not to Sunday school. Shoulder soreness is still present but not as bad as it was. Going to get some better information and seen what options are there before Tuesday's scheduled "going back in". ::shrug:: Got hustled around last Friday just a bit more than I needed.
Well I need to go wake Miss Joy for coffee, she is about worn out helpin' me with so many little things I have difficulty when only using one arm.
Y'all have a great day and try to make it to church, we'll be on the back row, I think. ::tu::
Treefarmer
Hang in there Philip. Continued prayers for a speedy recovery for you. It will get better, it's just takes a tad longer now than when we were 21. I had a friend who had his shoulder operated on about four years ago. At one of his return visits with his doc, he asked the doc if he would be able to play Tennis once he was heeled. The doc said sure. My fiend told the doc, "Great, I never knew how before!." Have a good weekend buddy!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Lots of early birds today. I was up and coffeed early but was busy in the kitchen. Doctored up the ham & bean soup that simmered overnight. Cornbread will be made later today to go with it.
Supposed to be in the low 60s and sunny today but not showing it yet. Overcast and dreary. Bah!
There is a local auction that has a bunch of guns on it but I better stay away this time. My fun money account suffers badly whenever I go to one.
But there is a Ruger Mark I bull barrel.........
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning ,another dreary day here in the River Valley . It’s really starting to look like spring,finally green grass and trees with leaves on them .
The mention of Cardinals this morning goes along with what we’ve noticed . This year we put the feeders all in one big area ,and sure been seeing a lot more pairs of Cardinals. The Finch are starting to show up,and the Robins are getting fat with all this rain.
Not sure what today will bring on,so just going with the flow today .
Take care and stay safe out there !
JP
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡49 at daybreak supposed to hit 70 by afternoon sez ms Heather the weekend guesser.
Critters are fed to include the boss and I, dishes warshed and put away.
Can't help you you fellers with the whys about the influx of Cardinals, I've had a large group seems like forever.
Farmer hope you and the docs get it figured out. 🙏
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Looks like we had a lot to have already checked in this morning...took longer to read all the comments than usual. Farmer remember we are thinking of you and we watch for your progress reports. The gun show in Columbus was a disappointment yesterday. Heard that one of my good friends that sells at these shows had just passed away. He will be missed. He was the first seller I bought knives from and he gave a lot of good advice. Expecting rain again so it is another day with the bride and some reading. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Well, I did go to Mountaintop alone yesterday, but came home empty-handed.

And so another Monday awaits those fortunate enough to wake up on the correct side of the grass.
Pot is ready yawl . . . .
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

First Cup Diner. Opened Fri May 04, 2012 and unlike some businesses, still going strong.
It has turned into First Cup Diner and Weather Station. :lol:

Good morning Chris and those sleepy heads who come later.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Royal and mornin' Jerry and mornin' to the rest of the folks who drift in here later. I have my first cup cooling off a little and I have already put the trash and recycle bins out at the curbside. I am all set for the day here.
Hope you all have a fine day today. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I do believe all breakfast diners do weather talk, and ours is getting boring because it is rain, rain, rain, and then predict more. I'm guessing the Libs are going to redo their warnings from global warming/climate change to global flooding due to a Chinese illness that white guys caused because they own guns and big cars and go to church too much. I could be wrong. Boy this was a fun weekend for collecting knives and belt buckles. I'm going to need another safe. Jason and I are heading back to the nieces house to do drywall work on their bedroom (the only room we didn't do several weeks ago) and to hang a couple barn door style closet doors. Inside work is good during a global flood. Tonight I have a Deacon meeting and Wed. night, another Pastoral Search meeting so I've got a busy week ahead. Have a great week.____Dave
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡rather chilly 45 heading to around 80. Sunshine is right up my alley.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
Son needs me and my little Ford truck to go get some red cedar wood for his raised beds he's building, got some traveling to do as it's about a 100 miles away, that will about take a good portion of the day.
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
Got up early, before daylight and sat down in my recliner and just now coming back to life! Must have needed the extra sleep. Bright and sunny again, around 50 degrees in the Panhandle on this fine Monday morning. Coffee was good, breakfast is being served. Got to get a bit more info on the doc going back in my shoulder. ::shrug:: Events last Friday at the after surgery appointment didn't play out to my satisfaction.
Y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Going up to around 80 degrees today. I've got some bushes and trees I need
to take care of today and a few other chores outside.
Everyone have a great Monday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends. This sleepy head finally made it up and looking for coffee. Sure glad the FCD is open.48-65 and sunshine. Might get some of DJ's rain in the middle of the week. Plan on sitting easy in the saddle today. Happy trails!
David
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning All,
Been up for a while. Had a couple cups of coffee while I wait for the FCD breakfast to be served. Had another soaking Sunday, waiting for the sun this morning to dry everything out so I can keep up with the yard maintenance. Other than that nothing planned....ain't retirement great! Tree Farmer we will be watching for another report from you tomorrow or the day after. Keep the faith, all will workout. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Good Morning everyone, and hope your Monday start of the work week is a good one. Weather, Politics, and local news is usually always the talk around diners where a bunch of curmudgeons gather. I've got a T shirt that says "Certified Curmudgeon" so I am a proud member. ::tu:: It was 49 in my part of the state early this morning. All ready up to 70 now. Weather guessers saying it's gong up into the high 70's. So will be a nice day today. Got a few honey doos today and need to run by the hardware store.

Time for another cup of coffee, then I need to get going. Hope you guys have a blessed day!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”