what do ya'll look like?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: what do ya'll look like?

Post by treefarmer »

Thought I would share with y'all my constant companion for almost 12 weeks, a BREG SlingShot2 shoulder brace.
Fixin' to attack the Big Bertha Bell peppers.
Fixin' to attack the Big Bertha Bell peppers.
If you release the little thumb strap, you can use your arm a little bit!
If you release the little thumb strap, you can use your arm a little bit!
Success!
Success!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

TPK wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:19 pm Wish I could drop of 55 llbs. ::nod::
YOU CAN! It's so simple. It may be complicated eating your meal in conjunction with other family members meals
but it can be done. You just have to do it.
I didn't post that for show and tell. I wanted to congratulate Scott for his loosing weight and maybe inspire others who would like to loose weight. It is quite simple. You just have to do it. Ditch the carbohydrates! Look into it.
It has so many other benefits. For instance: for those with Diabetes, put that scourge in your rear view mirror.
It works, check it out. Give it a shot. All you've got to loose is weight and other potential health risks.
Joe
TPK

Post by TPK »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm Thought I would share with y'all my constant companion for almost 12 weeks, a BREG SlingShot2 shoulder brace.
Treefarmer
I hope your better soon and can get ride of that brace Philip. ::tu:: Looks like your peppers are growing pretty good! ::nod:: :D Say Hello to Miss Joy. ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

FRJ wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:01 pm
TPK wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:19 pm Wish I could drop of 55 llbs. ::nod::
YOU CAN! It's so simple. It may be complicated eating your meal in conjunction with other family members meals
but it can be done. You just have to do it.
I didn't post that for show and tell. I wanted to congratulate Scott for his loosing weight and maybe inspire others who would like to loose weight. It is quite simple. You just have to do it. Ditch the carbohydrates! Look into it.
It has so many other benefits. For instance: for those with Diabetes, put that scourge in your rear view mirror.
It works, check it out. Give it a shot. All you've got to loose is weight and other potential health risks.
Do I understand correctly (and many times I don't) You only ate one protein meal per day completely cutting out carbohydrates? Emphasis on one meal per day.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

What I eat, and I will admit I have strayed from this eating regiment due to some very challenging events in my recent life, although I am now on a strict eating schedule, is primarily chuck roast. Sometimes as a roast, sometimes cubed and prepared and sometimes ground with salt and garlic powder. In other words I make my own hamburger. I know what's in it. No snouts or eye balls. :)
I also prepare chicken in various ways and pork. (very little pork) Some fish.
I can't cut out 100% carbs. I use onions in my meals, they have carbs.
I use vegetables in my meals. Cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus, brussels sprouts. I make my own tomato red sauce.
Some nuts and berries. All of these items have carbohydrates but as I understand it, very few. A little research helps.
I do, however eat one meal a day. Primarily meat. I never thought I could do it. I read that your body sustains itself
quite well on the meat and fat from the meat. I realized this first hand and yes, I do get hungry towards the end of 22 or 24 hours, but that hunger is quite manageable.
The important thing is finding out what has large amount of carbohydrates and avoid that product altogether.
Primarily processed food!
When I really want to loose weight from some I have gained, which is actually 6 or 7 pounds, I stay with a strictly carnivore diet. I find it hard to do that after a few weeks and I start adding the red sauce or cabbage or other low carb foods. For a while.
Joe
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

My wife did Weight Watchers years ago.
I went along, not only for moral support, but knowing I could stand to loose a few pounds myself.
I learned the key - portion control. Didn't take long to loose the weight I wanted.
I ate what I wanted, not always as much as I wanted :lol: , but I didn't deny myself foods I enjoyed eating. I just ate smaller portions.
As FRJ said, your body adjusts and will sustain itself.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I don't have the self discipline for that. ::facepalm::

Congratulations. I admire your will power.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:00 pm Don't take this for gospel Mike but I think they can be moved. It's not like there's a boat load of them. Just ask a Mod to do it. And they could rub out your posts and mine discussing the movement while they're at it. It would be like it never happened. :mrgreen:
Done :wink:
AAPK Janitor
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Biked over to Nats Park today. My wife gave me a $100 gift card to a bike shop for my birthday, which is exactly what it cost to fix my hydraulic disk brakes.
Attachments
2021-06-27_12-34-28_-_cycling.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm Thought I would share with y'all my constant companion for almost 12 weeks, a BREG SlingShot2 shoulder brace.
Treefarmer
You know.....
That brace sure looks like a great place for a concealed carry spot.

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:33 pm
Treefarmer
You know.....
That brace sure looks like a great place for a concealed carry spot.

::tu::
Mike, I thought about that. I haven’t carried since surgery, March 30. My normal carry is OWB, right side (strong side) under long square-tailed sport shirt. This position has caused me to have my EDC knife in my left front britches pocket. The brace would only have room for a very small piece. ::shrug:: In a bind, I could figure out how to stuff a 9 in there. :)
Treefarmer

TPK

Post by TPK »

1967redrider wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:47 pm Biked over to Nats Park today. My wife gave me a $100 gift card to a bike shop for my birthday, which is exactly what it cost to fix my hydrolic disk brakes.
Cool picture John! ::tu:: ::super_happy::

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

TPK wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:43 pm
1967redrider wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:47 pm Biked over to Nats Park today. My wife gave me a $100 gift card to a bike shop for my birthday, which is exactly what it cost to fix my hydraulic disk brakes.
Cool picture John! ::tu:: ::super_happy::

Thanks Tom! 96° here right now, wouldn't want to be making that trek today.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm Thought I would share with y'all my constant companion for almost 12 weeks, a BREG SlingShot2 shoulder brace.001.JPG003.JPG002.JPG
Treefarmer
Bless your heart. I had to wear a brace during the winter months one year and it was bad enough. But during the summer it sound pretty miserable! That is a good looking garden though. Is that one of Mrs. Joy’s raised beds?
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:00 am
treefarmer wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm Thought I would share with y'all my constant companion for almost 12 weeks, a BREG SlingShot2 shoulder brace.001.JPG003.JPG002.JPG
Treefarmer
Bless your heart. I had to wear a brace during the winter months one year and it was bad enough. But during the summer it sound pretty miserable! That is a good looking garden though. Is that one of Mrs. Joy’s raised beds?
Yes sir, that’s one of the 5. Tomatoes, peppers and squash this year. Nothing planted in the ground with the tractor. :(
Treefarmer

OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Check out my new wheels, just picked it up off the lot yesterday. Hopefully I will only need it for a few days til the meniscus surgery heals up. First time I have ever driven one!
20210710_085444.jpg
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:16 pm Check out my new wheels, just picked it up off the lot yesterday. Hopefully I will only need it for a few days til the meniscus surgery heals up. First time I have ever driven one!
20210710_085444.jpg
Some wheels, a couple of sprockets, a bicycle chain, and a little 2 cycle engine and you’d be all set for some racing! :mrgreen:

Take care of that knee and mind the physical terrorists!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:16 pm Check out my new wheels, just picked it up off the lot yesterday. Hopefully I will only need it for a few days til the meniscus surgery heals up. First time I have ever driven one!
20210710_085444.jpg
Stay positive! ::nod:: You'll be up & running in no time Buddy! ::tu:: :D

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

20210710_085444.jpg
Jim, best of luck on the temporary setback. Ray (knife7knut) could probably put some racing graphics on your ride.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Hope you recover quickly from your knee repair!
Had something similar done several years back, seems like the term "scoped" was used to refer to the procedure. ::hmm::
I still find it amazing what can be done to repair these old worn out bodies.
Treefarmer

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Had both knees done and it helped a lot. I eventually had both replaced..
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

20210710_085444.jpg
::woot:: Just get yourself a set of these makes it alot easier to use. ftd
SmartSelect_20210710-171008_Chrome.jpg
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Thanks for the positive replies and comments. Doc who scoped the knee said there is a lot of arthritis and degeneration in there and I will need a new one in a couple of years. I never in my life had a knee pain until last Christmas.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Samb

Post by Samb »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:25 pm Thanks for the positive replies and comments. Doc who scoped the knee said there is a lot of arthritis and degeneration in there and I will need a new one in a couple of years. I never in my life had a knee pain until last Christmas.
Consider yourself lucky. I went through knee pain for years and had it scoped then a year later had it replaced. The physical therapy was torture.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I have a friend that had both knees done at the same time. He said it was a b-i-double zitch but it was worth it and as far as he's concerned, if they both need it, simultaneous replacements is the only way to go.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”