what do ya'll look like?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Doc B

Re: what do ya'll look like?

Post by Doc B »

doglegg wrote:
fergusontd wrote:::tu:: Our family picture 50th. wedding anniversary. I'm the guy on the left in front with my wife.20180527_165927.jpg
Great looking family and a perfect occasion. My wife and I marked 50 this last year. Two best things that ever happened to me in this life is the Lord saving me when I was 8 and Carol marrying when I was 21. Nothing has been the same since those two events. Happy for you. ::nod:: ::nod::
Congrats to you both on making 50!!!!!! ::tu:: x50
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: Thank you all. My one son in law was ill and not present and our oldest Granddaughter couldn't come. We met on a blind date in Jan. '68, married May of '68. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Great pic Ferg!
Congrats on 50! ::groove::
I'm sure a good time was had by all.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

fergusontd wrote:::tu:: Thank you all. My one son in law was ill and not present and our oldest Granddaughter couldn't come. We met on a blind date in Jan. '68, married May of '68. ftd
She was a freshman and I a graduating Senior at Bible Baptist Seminary in Arlington Tx. We went out the first time on Jan 20th, got engaged on March the 6th and married on August 3. Like you and your sweet misses those whirl wind romances never last. ::nod:: ::nod::
Mountain Man Knives

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

I Love this thread it is fantastic putting a face to the names and conversations - its Nice to See everyone's Faces ~ ::tu::
Attachments
Me.jpg
Me.jpg (10.32 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

doglegg wrote:
fergusontd wrote:::tu:: Thank you all. My one son in law was ill and not present and our oldest Granddaughter couldn't come. We met on a blind date in Jan. '68, married May of '68. ftd
She was a freshman and I a graduating Senior at Bible Baptist Seminary in Arlington Tx. We went out the first time on Jan 20th, got engaged on March the 6th and married on August 3. Like you and your sweet misses those whirl wind romances never last. ::nod:: ::nod::
Love y’all’s stories, and that good testimony doglegg. Fifteen years ago yesterday me and the Mrs. met for the first time. By August 1st we were married. Now 15 years and three boys later it seems like just yesterday it all started. Lol
7C368BC7-EA97-4288-BBD8-B1E29725C105.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Colonel26 wrote:
doglegg wrote:
Love y’all’s stories, and that good testimony doglegg. Fifteen years ago yesterday me and the Mrs. met for the first time. By August 1st we were married. Now 15 years and three boys later it seems like just yesterday it all started. Lol

Amen and amen.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Brother Wade, you need to dab a little black shoe polish on them whiskers in order to match that younger lookin' lady! ::poke::
Always enjoy reading your posts and seeing pictures of your fine family from time to time.
Hope y'all have a great Sunday.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote:Brother Wade, you need to dab a little black shoe polish on them whiskers in order to match that younger lookin' lady! ::poke::
Always enjoy reading your posts and seeing pictures of your fine family from time to time.
Hope y'all have a great Sunday.
Treefarmer
Those are my sparkles!

At least, that’s what my sister-in-law calls them.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice pic Wade.. And congrats!! ::ds:: ::ds::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mountain Man Knives wrote:I Love this thread it is fantastic putting a face to the names and conversations - its Nice to See everyone's Faces ~ ::tu::
Mountain Man Knives.jpg
Mountain Man Knives.jpg (27 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Although I enjoy not shaving, I suspect my beard will not survive the Spring. Seems to frighten the wildlife.
P1030143 (2).JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

QS, I see you have your humming bird feeders lined up and ready for summer. Thanks for the pic. ::handshake::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

jmh58 wrote:Nice pic Wade.. And congrats!! ::ds:: ::ds::
Thanks John. I saw that pic of you and the grandson this morning too. You ain’t spoiling him are you???

Good looking young’un.
Robert E. Lee
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Colonel26 wrote:
doglegg wrote:

Col, we too, are August 1st Anniversary folk. Just passed our 37th.
IMG_0457.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Colonel26 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:Nice pic Wade.. And congrats!! ::ds:: ::ds::
Thanks John. I saw that pic of you and the grandson this morning too. You ain’t spoiling him are you???

Good looking young’un.
Thanks Wade.. Who ??? Me ??? ::super_happy:: He is getting his fair share!!! :lol: ::nod:: :lol:
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Doc B wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:
doglegg wrote: She was a freshman and I a graduating Senior at Bible Baptist Seminary in Arlington Tx. We went out the first time on Jan 20th, got engaged on March the 6th and married on August 3. Like you and your sweet misses those whirl wind romances never last. ::nod:: ::nod::

Col, we too, are August 1st Anniversary folk. Just passed our 37th.IMG_0457.jpg
Awesome Doc, great picture! Precious and I married on the first, my birthday is the 5th, and I performed my brother and sister-in-law’s wedding on the 9th. August is a big month for us.
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Nice picture DocB. My wife and I got hitched just a little more than a month before you two did.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

I'll add to the August wedding blitz .... this year will be 20 for the missus and I.
8)
Actually we've been 'together' about 28 years ! ::uc::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

My downstairs guy says in a Black Widow.
He may be right...
Attachments
C3627D50-2182-461F-BECA-13F0BAB80D03.jpeg
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Well ya'll asked for it so here ya go, me and my grandson Nolan. His mama took the picture right after handing him to me for the first time, he was 13 days old. He's adopted into the clan and while we were waiting on him to arrive I wasn't sure how I felt about it. That moment he hit my arms was beyond description he wasn't blood of my blood but he was instantly soul of my soul. He's a little over 2 years old now. Wish I got to see him more.
Nolan and me.jpg
Trace
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Rotten wrote:Well ya'll asked for it so here ya go, me and my grandson Nolan. His mama took the picture right after handing him to me for the first time, he was 13 days old. He's adopted into the clan and while we were waiting on him to arrive I wasn't sure how I felt about it. That moment he hit my arms was beyond description he wasn't blood of my blood but he was instantly soul of my soul. He's a little over 2 years old now. Wish I got to see him more.
Nolan and me.jpg
Great pic and fantastic post! Family is more than biology!
Robert E. Lee
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Congrats, Trace! You'll be a very special person, to Nolan, too!!! The "terrific twos" are awesome!!!
::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ditto what the Colonel said. And congratulations.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Great picture Trace, congratulations.
Our most current new aapk member? ::handshake:: .
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”