THE OFFICIAL AAPK WEATHER THREAD - HOWS YOUR WEATHER TODAY ?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: THE OFFICIAL AAPK WEATHER THREAD - HOWS YOUR WEATHER TODAY ?

Post by dlr110 »

They are in Plovdiv, just about the center of the city. I was there this time last year.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

4th day of Winter and if today is any indication, going to be a cold one. Going to be about 50-55deg. with a cutting breeze. Victoria-Australia.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

It's been warm lately.
IMG_4890.JPG
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Well KnifeSlinger#81, I see your 100 degrees and I'll raise you 2 degrees! (check out the "feels like" temp, the heat index, 119 ::woot:: )
001.JPG
Noticed all the weather stations on TV are issuing alerts for folks up the country, ain't nothin' new in this part of the world. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.TF, that looks about the same as it is here in TUPELO right now!!!..... :roll: ........
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

HOT :x y'all can have this wheather I'd rather a Nor'easter ::hmm::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I hear ya gdogg! Y’all don’t have many places with air conditioning there. My sister-in-law’s place in Owls Head doesn’t have any AC but normally they don’t need it. When they do though it’s miserable. I was in Rangeley several years ago in August when it was 100 degrees. We went there to escape the Texas heat, but it was hotter there that day than it was in Texas. ::facepalm::

Here the highs have been mid-90’s, typical for this time of year in Texas. We just came in from visiting with neighbors for a couple of hours while sitting around the picnic table under a big oak tree, drinking iced tea. It was quite pleasant there in the shade with a nice breeze. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

It will not be comfortable here in Ponder country today. Clear skies, 0% chance of rain, high 99 with a feel like temp of 102, humidity at 33% and a calm wind. I believe after church and lunch I will just take a long nap or watch a good old western.

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

8am here in Jersey. Already 85°, feeling like 95°.
Forecast for 99° actual, heat index 110°+

Gimme 60° +/- 5° and I'm happy. Flannel shirt during the day, light jacket in the evening ::groove::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well guys, i never new how hot down south can get during summer. Most of the time clear sunny days are between 25 celsius (75 fahrenheit) to 30 celsius (86 fahrenheit). Just the humidity is the kicker, anywhere from 65 to 90 on any givin day. Makes those hot days a lot hotter. But lots of days are cool with low humidity. Some days are nice, can work all day. And some days are cookers, can't do anything. That's the thing about East Central Saskatchewan or West Central Manitobia, the weathers awesome during spring, summer, and fall. Only winters get you. Even then, people that move here from hot places, North Affrica tell us that they take this any day over cooking. That's why you got lots of snow birders around canada. JMTB
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Lots of bad weather in our area last night. The whole of eastern South Dakota had storms of one sort or another. We had 3 tornadoes in the Sioux Falls area, on the south end of town about 10 miles away from me. Some business buildings sustained heavy damage and lots of vehicles and trees damaged. I had 2 1/2" in my gauge, other areas west of town had as much as 7 inches! The forecast is for more of the same tonight, and as I write this heavy thunder rumbles can be heard and rain is coming down. Fortunately no one was injured last night as the cell phone system kept sending warnings for people to take cover, which they did immediately. We will have to see how it goes tonight.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Gorgeous 60+ degree weather in Ireland so far! Supposed to be a sunny and 70 degree Indian Summer for the next several days.
Attachments
IMG_20190911_113236065.jpg
IMG_20190911_152520678.jpg
IMG_20190911_103304223_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190911_105158731_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190911_112837580_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190911_170833946.jpg
IMG_20190911_112136756.jpg
IMG_20190911_111342295.jpg
IMG_20190911_154127476.jpg
IMG_20190911_161420627.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you so much for posting the photos of lovely Ireland. No longer have an itch for traveling with one exception.....yup, Ireland.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Update on Sioux Falls tornadoes: Several business were damaged or destroyed by three F2 tornadoes Tues night. This was about 3 miles straight south of where I live. There had not been a tornado in the Sioux Falls city limits since 1989. There is some very good video footage taken from a drone available on Youtube, just search Sioux Falls Tornadoes in the youtube search box. Very luck no one was injured as this occurred about midnight and the business were closed. Also some apartment buildings nearby were heavily damaged and the residents are being displaced.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

So it's finally the month I begin to check the weather forecast and look for a potential deviation from the hell summer we have here
for 8 months of the year.......and today I saw a forecast temp lows that began with a 6!!!

Yup, hoping the forecast low of 69 holds true on 9/26!! ::ds:: ::ds::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Just shaking my head in marvel at Texas weather. Yesterday afternoon it was 90 degrees F. By 6 AM today it was 40! But at least we finally got some rain with the cold front. I was beginning to think about Elmer Kelton's fine novel The Time It Never Rained.

Now it's sunny and 46 with a 15 mph north wind.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ken that's the first rain we have had in a month and a half. Sure feels good outside.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

We're in the midst of a Santa Ana wind storm. For those that are not familiar with the Santa Ana winds, they are winds that blow from East to West across Southern California. Since they blow from the deserts that are to the East of Los Angeles, they are very dry winds - and that is what creates all the problems with wildfires. Right now, there are at least three fires burning in SoCal. None are very close to me - the nearest is about 40 miles away. The other aspect of these fires is that the freeways will be shutdown, and that creates havoc for 100 miles around. Some of the busiests freeways in the country are currently shutdown where the I5, I405 & I210 come together near Porter Ranch & Santa Clarita in the Northern San Fernando valley.

I can see a huge band of smoke blowing out to the ocean that is passing about 10-15 miles South of me.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:21 pm Just shaking my head in marvel at Texas weather. Yesterday afternoon it was 90 degrees F. By 6 AM today it was 40! But at least we finally got some rain with the cold front. I was beginning to think about Elmer Kelton's fine novel The Time It Never Rained.

Ken
doglegg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:37 pm Ken that's the first rain we have had in a month and a half. Sure feels good outside.
Amen, guys. Up until this last little rain, we had received a total of 2/10s of an inch since July 1st. I am so happy to break the hot, dry spell that we had been in. ::ds::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:54 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:21 pm Just shaking my head in marvel at Texas weather. Yesterday afternoon it was 90 degrees F. By 6 AM today it was 40! But at least we finally got some rain with the cold front. I was beginning to think about Elmer Kelton's fine novel The Time It Never Rained.

Ken
doglegg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:37 pm Ken that's the first rain we have had in a month and a half. Sure feels good outside.
Amen, guys. Up until this last little rain, we had received a total of 2/10s of an inch since July 1st. I am so happy to break the hot, dry spell that we had been in. ::ds::

Ray
Same here Ray. After a rainy spring and early summer we had only a quarter inch of rain since June. Several times the weather guessers would say it was gonna rain but until last night we would get nothing, or just a light sprinkle. I saw the pasture grass drying up but the weeds still growing (the ones cattle won't eat). That's what reminded me of The Time It Never Rained because that's what Kelton described. Of course, in the book those conditions lasted for years.

Folks around here got a good first cutting of hay but not gonna be much fall hay produced. I've seen people cutting and baling the roadside ditches. The price of hay will be high before is winter is over.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Well here in my little piece of Texas Heaven we started off with some overnight showers, low 40's, with a current temp of 63 and clear skies most of the day. The forecast says we are looking for a sunny weekend, but start next week off with rain showers and temps back up in the low 80's.

Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

We have well over a foot of snow already. Can't remember having so much, so soon. The weather ramps back up to the 60's today and tomorrow.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

We've had snow and rain for several days now but the temp is just above freezing so nothing is staying. We are pretty water logged from way too much rain all the way back into summer. It feels like it's been cold and rainy forever. If this moisture pattern keeps going as it gets colder, we are going to be neck deep before Christmas. ____Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Sorry fellas....well, not really....hoping for a cold, cold winter this year....the summer is overstaying its welcome.

Forecast low of 65 Fri am.! ::ds::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Mild temps here now but we have only had rain twice in the last two months, and the most recent rain didn't amount to much at all. We had to start using City water at the farm, the spring has really slacked off.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”