AAPK Movie Matinee

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: AAPK Movie Matinee

Post by Reverand »

I saw the original Star Wars when I was 9 or 10, with my best friend from Elementary school. I have been hooked ever since.
Foe those who haven't seen them and who want to, watch the three trilogies in the order that were filmed, not chronologically. It makes more sense that way. (Or, skip "the Phantom Menace altogether, and the entire story will makes?more sense!)
Perhaps start with "Rogue One" and "Solo". They are stand-alone stories that are pretty cool.

But for you Star Wars purists, there is one that you must see. Just prepare to cry bitter tears for that part of your life that you can never get back: The Star Wars Holiday special!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6hH8rxarVG8
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

I watch old movies occasionally on TCM. I was taking a look at an old Harold Lloyd silent film, and in one scene he emptied his pockets to count his change. I took a screen shot of what he laid out on a table. The movie was filmed in 1919......any speculation?
Attachments
20200120_173333.jpg
Ike
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Looks like a cigar jack. Several companies active at that time or earlierused that shield including New York Knife, Robeson, and several others. Hard to say but maybe someone will recognize it. ::shrug::

BTW I watch TCM old movies a lot. Can’t get much interested in the silent ones though.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I have to be in the right mood to watch silent movies or any movie with subtitles (silent movies, international movies, kung-fu movies, samurai movies, etc). I do love them, but it is a lot more work and I can't cruise the internet or play games on my phone at the same time. First world problems...
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Brenda and I just got home from seeing 1917, WOW, what a movie! I recommend seeing this one on the big screen. The cinematography and music score are amazing in themselves. A few known English actors but the main characters are new to me. Very realistic looking settings, I can only imagine what life in France would have been like during this time.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

1967redrider wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:57 am Brenda and I just got home from seeing 1917, WOW, what a movie! I recommend seeing this one on the big screen. The cinematography and music score are amazing in themselves. A few known English actors but the main characters are new to me. Very realistic looking settings, I can only imagine what life in France would have been like during this time.
My wife and I saw 1917 also. Excellent movie. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”