What's for supper tonight?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
WillyCamaro

Re: What's for supper tonight?

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:27 am Pass. ::paranoid::
Well, you should taste my dad's homemade canned chicken. Miles better then the gross store bought stuff ::barf:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

This was dinner night before last, pan fried venison heart with sweet onion and garlic. Very flavorful and tender when cooked right. Give it a little soak in salt water to purge the blood, rinse real well, cut away any fat or gristle, and slice the muscle portion thin, dust in seasoned flour, pan fry in hot olive oil and butter.
Attachments
20191116_184102.jpg
20191116_184141.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::drool:: ::drool:: ::drool::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

313 Mike wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:45 pm This was dinner night before last, pan fried venison heart with sweet onion and garlic. Very flavorful and tender when cooked right. Give it a little soak in salt water to purge the blood, rinse real well, cut away any fat or gristle, and slice the muscle portion thin, dust in seasoned flour, pan fry in hot olive oil and butter.
Yummy! Looks and sounds great. Makes me want to get out there and into the hunt.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Mike, I’ve never had it but my friends who have say it’s the best part of the deer. I’ve not had a shot at one this year, but if I do get one I’ll give it a try. Looks delicious.

Have you ever had the liver? I really like calf’s and chicken liver, but I don’t know anyone who’s had the deer liver. Seems like it ought to be good as well.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Colonel26 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:10 pm Mike, I’ve never had it but my friends who have say it’s the best part of the deer. I’ve not had a shot at one this year, but if I do get one I’ll give it a try. Looks delicious.

Have you ever had the liver? I really like calf’s and chicken liver, but I don’t know anyone who’s had the deer liver. Seems like it ought to be good as well.
Yep, the liver is tasty too, if you like the texture of liver. I just prefer the former texture of heart personally. ::tu::
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Steak and sweet tater. My 14 year old son again. He’s quite the cook.
4664E1EA-3517-4463-8ACB-F9F26BC9A3D8.jpeg
F243FF48-CC20-4770-BA31-EE75E5D8042D.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Great minds think alike. Exactly what i am having tonight. Rump steak and baked potato's ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::drool::
You can say that again Cudgee ::drool::.
Yes, he is quite the cook ::tu:: . Nailed that steak perfectly ::drool:: .
Me, i'm having instant pot pork chop and canned beans. What more can a guy ask for :D ::tu:: .
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:21 am ::drool::
Me, i'm having instant pot pork chop and canned beans. What more can a guy ask for :D ::tu:: .
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:21 am ::drool::
Pork chops and beans are never the wrong answer!
Robert E. Lee
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu:: :D ::nod:: ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Tonight it’s whatever is being catered at the regional 4H banquet. My oldest boy is getting an award. Not sure which one yet, probably something to do with the forestry field day. He’s good with the tree stuff. More details to follow.
Robert E. Lee
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::clapping:: Big congrats to your son! And I do hope the super is good …. ::tu::
Winston Churchill

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Congratulation to your boy Wade. ::tu:: ::tu::
To you and the Misses as well. ::nod:: ::nod::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Tonight it will be crockpot "dump" chili- browned ground turkey and ground spicy Italian sausage with diced green peppers, added large cans of dark and light kidney beans, added packets of McCormick chili seasoning and Lipton onion soup and a jar of salsa. Cooking on High for 3 hours then lowering to Low for another hour or two.

Making Crescent Rolls to go with, but biscuits or Saltines work too. Great with Fritos, corn chips or corn bread. I call it Dump Chili because after browning the meat I just dump the rest in the crockpot, set it and forget it. ::tounge::
Attachments
15758276444656531810357589654312.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::drool:: ::drool:: ::drool::
Winston Churchill

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I’d substitute beef for the turkey, but otherwise that sounds delicious!
Robert E. Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Making leftover crockpot chicken with rice soup tonight. I cook the rice separately and add it after the chicken stock cools so the rice doesn't get mushy. There's pretty much a full chicken breast in there, plus carrots, celery, parsley and other spices from the crockpot chicken. I had the chicken and stock frozen for about a month now, waiting for the right cold Winter day.

I'll have plenty of soup to freeze, if any of you happen to stop by over the holidays. ::nod::
Attachments
image000000_17.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I picked up the hogs at the processor today. Tonight it’s fresh fried hog heart. But the marinated and cooked like steak is even better.
DB21971F-A4FD-4DA0-8D08-95E08A40ABE3.jpeg
DB21971F-A4FD-4DA0-8D08-95E08A40ABE3.jpeg
Attachments
AF7D0781-3064-440F-BEA7-B34A487383F4.jpeg
Robert E. Lee
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good stuff, brother! Really good.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you sir!
Robert E. Lee
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:17 am I picked up the hogs at the processor today. Tonight it’s fresh fried hog heart. But the marinated and cooked like steak is even better.

DB21971F-A4FD-4DA0-8D08-95E08A40ABE3.jpegDB21971F-A4FD-4DA0-8D08-95E08A40ABE3.jpeg
::hmm:: ::hmm::
Wouldn't make it myself, but I'd give it a try if someone had it around, say at a church pot luck.
Then again, I doubt very seriously if anyone up here in the North East would even consider making it.
Closest thing up this way is probably scrapple - ground up and pressed together butchering left-overs from the rooter to the tooter; everything but the oink.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:24 pm
Colonel26 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:17 am I picked up the hogs at the processor today. Tonight it’s fresh fried hog heart. But the marinated and cooked like steak is even better.

DB21971F-A4FD-4DA0-8D08-95E08A40ABE3.jpegDB21971F-A4FD-4DA0-8D08-95E08A40ABE3.jpeg
::hmm:: ::hmm::
Wouldn't make it myself, but I'd give it a try if someone had it around, say at a church pot luck.
Then again, I doubt very seriously if anyone up here in the North East would even consider making it.
Closest thing up this way is probably scrapple - ground up and pressed together butchering left-overs from the rooter to the tooter; everything but the oink.
It doesn’t taste like offal. Think of it as really lean steak. It’s good.
Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”