Yellowstone Modern Day Western

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Yellowstone Modern Day Western

Post by Paladin »

I am taping but will be caught up after an advertisement or two.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

The boss does not miss a episode, so I'll watch it too cause if the boss ain't happy. etc,etc. ::woot:: ::uc:: ::handshake::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

bighomer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:42 pm The boss does not miss a episode, so I'll watch it too cause if the boss ain't happy. etc,etc. ::woot:: ::uc:: ::handshake::

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

I can relate. ::uc::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

After watching season 4 episode 3 I’m wondering how many Wyoming cowboys are ticked off about the scene where they told Jimmy how lucky he was in getting to go to Texas where he could learn from some of the best cowboys in the world. Specifically the 6666 Ranch. :lol: Bet that doesn’t sit too well with those Wyoming folks. I thought it a little unusual that they mentioned the ranch by name, until I learned the executive producer of Yellowstone, Taylor Sheridan, recently purchased the ranch (for $342 million). ::woot:: https://www.6666ranch.com/

They were right though when they said the 6666 is in the midst of a bunch of huge ranches. The Spur, Pitchfork, Matador, are all huge ranches. A lot of smaller ones around there too - small being “only” several thousand acres. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Seems to me along about season 2 there was some speculation that another show would spin off about a ranch in tx . ::shrug:: I'm interested to see the new show with Sam Elliott, one of my favorite actors. ::pace::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

bighomer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:00 pm Seems to me along about season 2 there was some speculation that another show would spin off about a ranch in tx . ::shrug:: I'm interested to see the new show with Sam Elliott, one of my favorite actors. ::pace::

You and me both, bighomer. It's about a month now until the first episode, can't wait.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:10 pm
bighomer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:00 pm Seems to me along about season 2 there was some speculation that another show would spin off about a ranch in tx . ::shrug:: I'm interested to see the new show with Sam Elliott, one of my favorite actors. ::pace::

You and me both, bighomer. It's about a month now until the first episode, can't wait.
Guys,
The 2 new shows they are promoting are both gonna be on Paramount+ which means you have to pay a fee to get them. Dirty rotten trick so far as I am concerned and I am not subscribing. I'd really enjoy the Sam Elliott, Faith and Tim McGraw show but I pay enough for the AT&T stuff now.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:35 pm
1967redrider wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Guys,
The 2 new shows they are promoting are both gonna be on Paramount+ which means you have to pay a fee to get them. Dirty rotten trick so far as I am concerned and I am not subscribing. I'd really enjoy the Sam Elliott, Faith and Tim McGraw show but I pay enough for the AT&T stuff now.

Ray

Oh, that's a blower and I'll be out. 😔

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I do enjoy watching this show, although it's a little hard to believe some of the lawlessness that is going on. But who knows? I think the best character(s) are Beth and Rip. You never know what they are going to do.

I did end up pony-ing up for a trial membership on the Paramount+ network. $5/month. I like Seal Team, and the new 1883 show looks good, so we'll give it a try. I also caught the first episode of Mayor of Kingstown, which will also be on there. We can cancel it anytime we want...
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

glennbad wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:02 pm I do enjoy watching this show, although it's a little hard to believe some of the lawlessness that is going on. But who knows? I think the best character(s) are Beth and Rip. You never know what they are going to do.

I did end up pony-ing up for a trial membership on the Paramount+ network. $5/month. I like Seal Team, and the new 1883 show looks good, so we'll give it a try. I also caught the first episode of Mayor of Kingstown, which will also be on there. We can cancel it anytime we want...

Thanks for the Paramount+ info, glenn. That's not too bad, might give it a try for $5.

schradefan27

Post by schradefan27 »

Good show. Great product placement ~I want a Dodge Ram, Coors regular and Filson jacket whenever I watch.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

I also hear them mention Tito's vodka regularly. It is a local brand that has done well. It was started up by a young man by the unlikely name of Tito Beveridge. Also Bloomers Trailers. They are made right up the road at Salado. I love, well, really like, Filson, especially the pants. Far and away the best ever hunting pants.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Only 3 episodes left for this season. ::doh::

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Yep! I can see that they are working up to a big finale. 8) :shock:

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Paramount is airing 2 episodes of 1883, the first is in about 1 hour EST. 🤠

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:04 am Paramount is airing 2 episodes of 1883, the first is in about 1 hour EST. 🤠
Thanks for that info! I have set them both to be recorded. 8) ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I watched, it's pretty good but I don't know if I'll pony up any more money, I'll watch the other free episode then make a decision. ::shrug::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

bighomer wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:37 pm I watched, it's pretty good but I don't know if I'll pony up any more money, I'll watch the other free episode then make a decision. ::shrug::

I'm with you, bighomer. They are offering free 30 days Paramount+ using code: 1883. If I could binge the whole first season of 1883 it would be worth the $5.

eveled

Post by eveled »

I have to think in a year or so 1883 will be on the regular Paramount. I think I’ll wait and see.

It’s brilliant how they weave some of the 1883 show into the current seasons of Yellowstone.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

[/quote]

I'm with you, bighomer. They are offering free 30 days Paramount+ using code: 1883. If I could binge the whole first season of 1883 it would be worth the $5.
[/quote]

I saw that Red, may check it out. Sometimes it's a lot easier to get into these things than it is to get out, especially for us old timers. We'll see.
Eveled you may well be right, I wouldn't bet against you, the big thing is at my age I don't even buy green bananas. ::handshake::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

* Spoiler Alert *

Tom Hanks and Billy Bob Thornton were just on 1883, I'm hooked. It's like a settlers version of Lonesome Dove and has about everything I like in a series.

Yellowstone season finale next Sunday. 😔

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”