Life is a puzzle.

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Life is a puzzle.

Post by Old Folder »

While ordering some enlargement pictures online I came upon the below article of a gigantic puzzle via:
http://www.jigidi.com
I have not worked on puzzles for many years, long before the Internet actually. After viewing the web site above, I was in for a surprise.
It's a very interesting site. Easy to sign up/enroll, very little personnel information required.
You can choose one of their many puzzles or use your own pictures, choose from 15 pieces up to 390 pieces. (I choose 64 pieces at first, and it was quite a challenge) Your puzzle is displayed on your computer/iPad etc. You move the puzzle pieces with your mouse, you can save your puzzle and come back to it at a later time if you choose.
You can also print it out.
Give it a shot.
Now..."Where did I put my "Paint By Numbers of The Last Supper - by Leonardo Da Vinci?"
"Oh..there it is!"..."Underneath my Dogs Playing Poker on Velvet"

A woman proudly shared a photo of herself with the 18,000-piece puzzle she has finally completed after one year of working on it, but some eagle-eyed Reddit users could only focus on the single piece missing from the design.
The woman, who has the username Suckitupbuttercuplol on Reddit, took to the platform on Monday to post the image, which sees her with her arms outstretched in front of the mammoth puzzle.
Some users tried to help reunite the woman with her missing puzzle piece.
There's probably someone here on Reddit dedicated enough to buy the puzzle and find the missing piece to send to her.
Someone else offered a more practical solution, suggesting that Ravensburger, the puzzle's manufacturer, might be able to provide a replacement piece.
Ravensburger will often replace missing pieces if you get in contact and let them know which piece is missing!
Puzzle.jpg
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Life is a puzzle.

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Whenever my wife & I go on vacation, we will buy a couple of puzzles and work on them in the evenings after dinner while also polishing off a bottle of wine. Relaxing & fun!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Whenever my wife & I go on vacation, we will buy a couple of puzzles and work on them in the evenings after dinner while also polishing off a bottle of wine. Relaxing & fun!
My favorites are the ones by Charles Wysocki, and his brother Hyronim (spelling?)
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:
TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Whenever my wife & I go on vacation, we will buy a couple of puzzles and work on them in the evenings after dinner while also polishing off a bottle of wine. Relaxing & fun!
My favorites are the ones by Charles Wysocki, and his brother Hyronim (spelling?)
My wife is charge of picking out the puzzles - it is usually just whatever we can find in the stores where we are vacationing. All I can tell you is that someone needs to open a puzzle store in Lahaina on Maui - we drove all over town looking for somewhere that sold puzzles!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

cool - but all i can focus on is where is the missing piece - can't find it - where's waldo? ugh!!!!
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

rexstubbins wrote:cool - but all i can focus on is where is the missing piece - can't find it - where's waldo? ugh!!!!

It's right here Doug. I circled it in blue.
Probably a real eye sore in real life viewing. I hope she got the replacement.
NINTCHDBPICT000427939514.jpg
Dan
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

18k pieces and a year and the gal only missed *one* piece!
I'd be told the naysayers to kiss my hairy butt!
8)
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Just finished it up. It is only a 1000 piece. Those of you who have not seen Crazy Horse Memorial in western South Dakota, it is recommended. Just the head is 87 1/2 feet tall.
20180914_203335.jpg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:Just finished it up. It is only a 1000 piece. Those of you who have not seen Crazy Horse Memorial in western South Dakota, it is recommended. Just the head is 87 1/2 feet tall.
20180914_203335.jpg
Great choice for a puzzle. I visited the Crazy Horse Memorial in 1995. It's going to be incredible when it finally gets finished. I have a friend at work that was there a month ago in early August. He showed me some pics he took while he was there and unfortunately, it hasn't progressed all that much since I saw it in 1995.

In 1995 I hoped that it might be completed in my lifetime but I have my doubts about that now.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Railsplitter wrote:
OLDE CUTLER wrote:Just finished it up. It is only a 1000 piece. Those of you who have not seen Crazy Horse Memorial in western South Dakota, it is recommended. Just the head is 87 1/2 feet tall.
20180914_203335.jpg
Great choice for a puzzle. I visited the Crazy Horse Memorial in 1995. It's going to be incredible when it finally gets finished. I have a friend at work that was there a month ago in early August. He showed me some pics he took while he was there and unfortunately, it hasn't progressed all that much since I saw it in 1995.

In 1995 I hoped that it might be completed in my lifetime but I have my doubts about that now.
One time when I was there in the 1980s I had a chance to speak with Casimir Ziolkowski, the son of Korczak that started the carving in 1948. He told me they were shifting their focus somewhat at that time to get the face done. There was a vocal element of visitors that were accusing the family of "milking" the project to maximize donations. Can you imagine that, removing millions of tons of solid rock to make a carving more that 500 feet high in the round, which is going to take many decades and people accuse you of "milking it". The face was completed several years ago, but the work will continue for likely many more decades. My wife has been up on the mountain in front of the face on one of the "Volksmarchs" that they have every summer. She said when you stand up there in front of the 87 1/2 foot tall face and look up at it , it is an incredible sight.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

All done. HO, HO, HO!
IMG_3356.JPG
TPK

Post by TPK »

Tried it out, lots a fun! Thanks Dan! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

TPK wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:01 pm Tried it out, lots a fun! Thanks Dan! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
You're welcome Tom.
It can become addictive.
Dan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Since the War Between the States began and ended in April, the wife and I do this 1000 piece puzzle every year in April.
IMG_4241 (2).JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

My mother was very fond of picture puzzles - usually the kind that had over a thousand to pieces. As long as I can remember she had one in progress, laid out on a table. She sometimes took days or weeks to finish one, working on them a few minutes or a few hours daily depending on what else was going on at the time. Visitors were welcome to help, especially children and then later, grandchildren. When she finished one she’d leave it lay for a few days, then put it all back into the box and donate it either to the local library or nursing home. Then she would start another one. It made it easy to shop for her birthday or Christmas - a new puzzle was always welcome, even one she had worked previously.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Thanks for posting that website, Olde Cutler. ::tu:: I enjoy jigsaw puzzles, but tend to become obsessive when I start one and end up with all kinds of aches and pains from bending over the kitchen table for hours on end. Here are 4 I have done this winter. All 1,000 piece except the birds (750).
Attachments
IMG_0510.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg
IMG_0505.jpg
Dan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Just finished this one. The 4 legends, Marilyn Monroe, Bogie, James Dean, and Elvis. I like the expression on Elvis face.
IMG_4279 (2).JPG
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

that looks like it was tough one.
Dan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Just finished up this one titled "Beer Labels". Glad its done, man am I thirsty!

IMG_4344.JPG
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:39 pm Just finished up this one titled "Beer Labels". Glad its done, man am I thirsty!

IMG_4344.JPG

WOW :shock:
Looks like 100 puzzles within 1 puzzle. Very challenging. Looks good OLDE CUTLER. ::tu::
Dan
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Buy some puzzles of Charles Wysocki’s art.

Start with the cats.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

RobesonsRme.com wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:31 pm Buy some puzzles of Charles Wysocki’s art.

Start with the cats.
We have many of Charles Wysockis puzzles, and a few of the cats. They are my favorites. He also had a brother that did puzzle art who went under the name Heronim
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:31 am I'm half tempted to get this one:

https://www.hobbytown.com/eurographics- ... aqxq2qt4yz

erg60000388.jpg
I kind of like that style, like the beer label one above. Kind of mini puzzles within a puzzle. lol

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”