Addict

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Addict

Post by glennbad »

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but if I get on a tear, I can rip up some chocolate. I am especially vulnerable to peanut butter M&M's. I will destroy a bag in one sitting.

I also have a weakness for Doritos...
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Lately..... I can't sit down to watch a little tube unless I have a bowl of Cheezits..... They are just.....GOOD!!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Having cavities, fillings, root canals and now down to about 50% of my teeth....yeah...S-U-G-A-R!! Just about anything.
It started when I would sneak cookies to bed and mow 'em down in bed! YUP.
Different these days though......I don't sneak 'em I just mow 'em down!!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

My wife don't call me cookie monster for no reason :mrgreen:
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

If I get to choose, my last meal will be chicken fried venison backstrap with gravy made from the drippings along with a side of pintos. I'll warm up to start with on a double bourbon (Makers Mark) and water. I won't have to worry about the carbs so I'll have a big bowl of Blue Bell that I have softened up just a little in the microwave.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::hmm:: Maybe for our Marine friends they could make sweet crayons with a flavor to match each color! ::poke:: ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

You got me smilin' Ferg and I don't have come back for that one.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

kootenay joe wrote:Sweetened condensed milk in coffee, about 1/4 of the tin. Is this available in USA ?
kj
1/4th can is too much for me but it definitely makes instant coffee like Nescafe more palatable. A trick I learned from my father-in-law who was a missionary in China and SE Asia, where even instant coffee was a treat.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Yes 1/4 of the tin is a rather heavy dose. Try less of Sweetened Condensed Milk in your coffee. Also great to let coffee with SCM cool, and then put in ice cubes and have a GREAT iced coffee.
kj
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

A slug of maple syrup in you coffee will start your day. ::nod::
Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I do not like any contaminants in my coffee. I was weaned on my dad’s “camp coffee” which I was allowed to drink only when I accompanied him on fishing and hunting outings, which started as soon as I could walk. His recipe was “a pound of coffee, a gallon or water, and boil the h*ll out of it”. You let it settle for a bit, then poured it into a cup, and strained it with your teeth! :lol: I drink it strong and black to this day, although since marriage I’ve had to weaken the strength (and use filters).

(I will make occasional exception for some Bailey’s Irish Cream however.) ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mmmmm, Bailey’s Irish Cream. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Black coffee strong enough you can chew it. Another great weakness of mine. A pot a day of it is about right, like Ken said, no contaminants needed.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Blue Bell ice cream for me. I like their Homemade Vanilla, Pralines & Cream, Dutch Chocolate.....but their Coffee flavored ice cream is my hands-down favorite. Sometimes I break up some Heath Chocolate Toffee bars and mix the pieces into the Coffee flavored ice cream. Out of this world.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

Pot of coffee every day would be first addiction, then salty snacks, popcorn and peanuts.
Earth First! We'll mine the other planets later.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Paladin wrote:If I get to choose, my last meal will be chicken fried venison backstrap with gravy made from the drippings along with a side of pintos. I'll warm up to start with on a double bourbon (Makers Mark) and water. I won't have to worry about the carbs so I'll have a big bowl of Blue Bell that I have softened up just a little in the microwave.

Ray
Ray, I gotta say...that's one fine, well-rounded meal, you've got there!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

If I could choose my last meal I think I'd have two large Oreo blizzards from the Dairy Queen! Maybe a large fry too.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Doc B wrote:
Paladin wrote:If I get to choose, my last meal will be chicken fried venison backstrap with gravy made from the drippings along with a side of pintos. I'll warm up to start with on a double bourbon (Makers Mark) and water. I won't have to worry about the carbs so I'll have a big bowl of Blue Bell that I have softened up just a little in the microwave.

Ray
Ray, I gotta say...that's one fine, well-rounded meal, you've got there!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks,, good stuff. It kinda makes my mouth water just to read it again. :lol: :lol:

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Tomatoes, vine ripened preferably. When good cherry or grape tomatoes are available I will buy 2 containers, one for immediate consumption and then use a few out of the other for a salad garnish. Then for desert the rest of the second carton. My last meal choice would be a bucket of any vine ripened tomatoes with a little salt.
Trace
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Ray responding to your mention of fried backstrap as a last meal, I'd have to say a bacon wrapped tenderloin, broiled in the oven or grilled just long enough to get the bacon done. ::ds:: Deserts are good but given a choice between desert and a 2nd helping of meat, meat every time!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Hershey chocolate - the little silver foil wrapped kisses - I'll go through a 12 oz. bag of them in three days! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

treefarmer wrote:Ray responding to your mention of fried backstrap as a last meal, I'd have to say a bacon wrapped tenderloin, broiled in the oven or grilled just long enough to get the bacon done. ::ds:: Deserts are good but given a choice between desert and a 2nd helping of meat, meat every time!
Treefarmer
That's good stuff, indeed, Philip. Don't forget, this is your last meal so you can have both seconds on meat and dessert. :lol:

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Paladin wrote:
treefarmer wrote:Ray responding to your mention of fried backstrap as a last meal, I'd have to say a bacon wrapped tenderloin, broiled in the oven or grilled just long enough to get the bacon done. ::ds:: Deserts are good but given a choice between desert and a 2nd helping of meat, meat every time!
Treefarmer
That's good stuff, indeed, Philip. Don't forget, this is your last meal so you can have both seconds on meat and dessert. :lol:

Ray
Meat, meat, meat. Don't need no sweets ('cept fer mountain dew) :D

As of late I have been hooked on regular unsweet iced tea. Gooood stuff. It keeps me from drinking as much pop as well so that's a good thing.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”