Addict

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Addict

Post by jerryd6818 »

Addicted to something besides pocket knives??? For me it's sugar. Eating cake frosting out of the container has to be the true definition of a sugar addict.

Come on. Lay your souls bare and fess up, what are you addicted to?
Attachments
0310191428.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Re: Addict

Post by big monk »

I have to have ""my fix"" nearly everyday !!!!! ::ds:: ::ds::
Attachments
BBIC.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

mmmmm...Blue Bell!!! I always said...if I was on "death row"...and I had my last meal wish...it would either be 5 pounds of french fries...or 5 pounds of bacon :)
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I don't allow them around except on rare occasions. Cheetos, family size. One bag equals one serving. About an hour.
Oreos, package with three columns. One column equals one serving, about an hour. Three servings a day. I used to make Chex Party Mix every Christmas. One year I added up the ingredients. One double batch equals 9000 Kcalories. I normally would finish it off mostly by myself in 36 hours. I only make it now about once every five years. For these items aformentioned, my wife now puts them up in one-ounce baggies and I get one a day (unless I find out where she keeps them).
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

big monk wrote:I have to have ""my fix"" nearly everyday !!!!! ::ds:: ::ds::
Ooooh Monkey Man. ICE CREAM. The frosting is just because there's no ice cream in the house and I'm out of cookies. I can lose weight as long as I can stay off all that stuff (and bourbon), but fall off the sugar wagon and the weight comes back mo-rikki-tik.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Oreo Blizzard from Dairy Queen, large of course.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Jerry, there's ice cream and then there's BLUE BELL. Beats all those fancy labels to hell and back. There was damn near a riot down here when Blue Bell had to stop production in April 2015 for several months for a listeria issue. When Blue Bell started production back up, there were literally people following the delivery trucks down the road to see where they were delivering.

Big Monk - Your label says you're in South Carolina. Is it available state wide yet or do you have to drive a ways to get it?

ETA - Forgot to say - mine is Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate year round - but in August, the limited time flavor Peaches N Vanilla takes center stage.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Gummy Bears. :oops:
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Blue Bell for sure. When there was the problem with listeria I thought that was only grounds to put it on sale, not take it off the shelves.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

My addiction is fried beef. I cut a rump roast into cubes about three inches on a side and pan fry it. I like the center either completely raw or just a little pink. Outside crispy brown. I only cook that when I am alone because my wife cannot stand to see me eating raw meat.
Mel
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Brisket on Sunday afternoon ::tu:: ::tu::
Attachments
E6E3D02E-2B2B-43E2-8F33-B8D663E07D68.jpeg
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Once a year, when the reeses easter eggs are available, I get a little...overzealous.

It's that time of year again.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Two of my failings are already mentioned. Cheetos - no matter the size of the bag I can eat it all in one sitting. ::facepalm::

And Blue Bell ice cream. Most wonderful ice cream ever. My favorite is Homemade Vanilla, but Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla is close. Blue Bell has some ingenious flavors I’ve never seen in another brand, most of them “seasonal”. I think they invented “Oreos ‘n Cream”. Their Blackberry Cobbler ice cream actually has flaky chunks of cobbler mixed in Homemade Vanilla ice cream - how they keep the cobbler from being soggy is a mystery. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Oh now you done it! I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth. There was always a cake or pie around growing up. My favorite was homemade butterscotch pie followed closely by chocolate. In the summer time we’d “put up strawberries”. Which meant pour lots of sugar on them and put them in the freezer. All that sugary strawberry goodness poured over chocolate two layer cake! Wow!

Every Sunday morning it was chocolate gravy and buttered biscuigs. Heck, when there wasn’t a cake or a pie around we’d mix peanut butter and syrup together and put left over biscuits in it.

Bluebell is a weakness too. So is moon pie ice cream. And of course, double decker banana moon pies.

But since getting diagnosed with the big D I’ve put such stuff away. Thankfully the meds make me not really enjoy eating so it hasn’t that bad. But man I used to love to eat. The upside, I’ve lost about 75 lbs. but man I miss some of that food.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
eveled

Post by eveled »

Peanut butter and frosting makes a nice sandwich.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Pickle juice from pretty much any kind of pickles.
Dan
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

danno50 wrote:Pickle juice from pretty much any kind of pickles.
Dan I was reading here while back that fermented pickle juice, as in deli style pickles, is a fantastic electrolyte drink. Good at replacing salts and lactobacillus for your gut. I love Claussen pickles. I might give that a try this summer.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Large caramel frappe’s from McDonald’s
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Sweetened condensed milk in coffee, about 1/4 of the tin. Is this available in USA ?
kj
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Yes, but that would be way too sweet.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

It’s gonna sound gross, but hot soy milk, sweetened, from T&T.
T&T is a chain of Asian supermarkets. I think we have four or five around here. They have an open hot food stand, $1.79 per 100gram. Serve yourself and get it weighed at the checkout. It’s awesome. At the end are several big pots of soup and this hot soy drink. Two bucks for a big coffee cup, about the size of a large. Soy milk is actually way better hot, as I found out!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

I think I replaced cigarettes with chocolate-covered raisins,
preferably dark chocolate. . .. ..
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Colonel26 wrote:Oh now you done it! I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth. There was always a cake or pie around growing up. My favorite was homemade butterscotch pie followed closely by chocolate. In the summer time we’d “put up strawberries”. Which meant pour lots of sugar on them and put them in the freezer. All that sugary strawberry goodness poured over chocolate two layer cake! Wow!

Every Sunday morning it was chocolate gravy and buttered biscuigs. Heck, when there wasn’t a cake or a pie around we’d mix peanut butter and syrup together and put left over biscuits in it.

Bluebell is a weakness too. So is moon pie ice cream. And of course, double decker banana moon pies.

But since getting diagnosed with the big D I’ve put such stuff away. Thankfully the meds make me not really enjoy eating so it hasn’t that bad. But man I used to love to eat. The upside, I’ve lost about 75 lbs. but man I miss some of that food.
Wade, I'm glad for you for showing the discipline and getting healthy. You'll be the only one to attend the rest of our funerals. :lol:
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jlw257 wrote:Brisket on Sunday afternoon ::tu:: ::tu::
....BRISKET!!!!....ANYTIME!!!!........... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...............
big monk

Post by big monk »

zzyzzogeton wrote:

Big Monk - Your label says you're in South Carolina. Is it available state wide yet or do you have to drive a ways to get it?

ETA - Forgot to say - mine is Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate year round - but in August, the limited time flavor Peaches N Vanilla takes center stage.
We have it in every grocery store around our area -- the Butter Pecan is the hardest to find --in the mean time I survive on the others !!!!! :)
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”